The Myth Of the Physical 80's

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-08-2013, 05:47 PM         #41
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Nba was a way Different Beast Before the Pistons/Pacers Brawl...After that The NBA Strted doing all type of Rule changes to Soften up its Image!!

And its funny how None of your fu*k boys ever played in the NBA are saying that people that Played in the League are Wrong about how the game is played today!!!

That's Like you Describing how pus*y Feels to a n*gga that never touched pus*y before and he's telling u "no you're Wrong pus*y dont feel like that"...

That's whats wrong with your fu*k boys now a days!!!! telling people that experienced something their wrong, while you've never experienced it"...

I dont blame today's players for the rules, but I can remember around 2002 the scoring Dropped in the NBA and Stern decided, to open the game up=more drives to the basket #fact I remember for a season it was only the Lakers and, Kings Avg. over 100 points! and everyone was complaining that today's players couldn't shoot (ei Lebron/Wade) #Fact...they even talked about shortening the 3 point line #fact.

You can't Deny 80's and 90's players where better all around players!!! All wade can do is drive to the basket, Same as Lebron!!!..... Now a player like Kobe can beat you with 3's Mid-range- or in the paint! #FACT!!.. even when u watch James playing many times he have the Open jump shot and he will pass it!!! Pippen/Jordan/ would take that shot!!!

Even Blake Griffin they try to compare him to Kemp! some even said he's better...Hell fu*king No..Kemp was tough as hell and he had a jump shot....

Its Not a Myth..Anyone without an Agenda will tell you..Yes while today players are Bigger and faster...80's and 90's had better players and teams!!!!!

Last edited by cheenz; 06-08-2013 at 05:52 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #42
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4207 4207
Op's statements are somewhat true, somewhat bullsh*t, but another myth about the 80s is that the players never complained to refs about calls. that's a bullsh*t lie because Bill Lambeer, Rick Mahorn, Worthy, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Dennis Johnson, Bird, Machale and Darryl Dawkins all used to whine to the refs about sh*tty calls. they just didn't do it nearly as much as today's NBA players do. I did remember that one time when Worthy yelled out threats at the refs for making a phoney foul call that Worthy felt like he didn't commit, and the refs didn't even give him a technical. The refs during the 80s era were real as fu*k back in the day compared to the clowns of today (giving out technicals over a player mean mugging at them).
 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM         #43
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Fab said:
Old people hate on young people, its just the way it goes. Sports, music, movies, fashion, etc. When this generation becomes "old" we'll hate on the younger generation as well, it's the circle of life

You young dudes will tell on a grown woman for giving up the pus*y and WE are hatin????
 5 years ago '11        #44
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909 OP
space
space
$42,261 | Props total: 17714 17714
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Op's statements are somewhat true, somewhat bullsh*t, but another myth about the 80s is that the players never complained to refs about calls. that's a bullsh*t lie because Bill Lambeer, Rick Mahorn, Worthy, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Dennis Johnson, Bird, Machale and Darryl Dawkins all used to whine to the refs about sh*tty calls. they just didn't do it nearly as much as today's NBA players do. I did remember that one time when Worthy yelled out threats at the refs for making a phoney foul call that Worthy felt like he didn't commit, and the refs didn't even give him a technical. The refs during the 80s era were real as fu*k back in the day compared to the clowns of today (giving out technicals over a player mean mugging at them).
my bad

that blog isnt mine, i forgot to include the author from the acutal blogsite but im not claiming the content in the Original post tho
 5 years ago '09        #45
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,432 | Props total: 12370 12370
I would have rode with you a little more had you not used a clip tape from one game of a series that the Bulls actually lost. Get the copies of the games from then and watch them. There are a couple of cats on BX that get their hands on old games. Get at em, learn something, form your own opinion instead of just taking someone else's word for it.

Just realized those weren't your words OP. Well, tell whoever wrote it they are an idiot.
 5 years ago '07        #46
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 WavyCrockett said:
Reggie Miller used to flop his a.ss off in the 90s, what are n*ggas really talkin about? Ewing said he hated Reggie cuz he used to flop an cry to the refs
But but but but nobody flopped in the 90s
reggie used to flop and try and sell calls on offense,and he was just 1 of a handful,and really tha only star i can think of that did it.but on defense,there wasnt no flop in reggie.he manned up.this era got 6'8 and 6'9 guys tryin to take charges from point guards.block a fu*kin shot
 5 years ago '07        #47
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I would have rode with you a little more had you not used a clip tape from one game of a series that the Bulls actually lost. Get the copies of the games from then and watch them. There are a couple of cats on BX that get their hands on old games. Get at em, learn something, form your own opinion instead of just taking someone else's word for it.

Just realized those weren't your words OP. Well, tell whoever wrote it they are an idiot.
not as bad as that chris webber article tho
 5 years ago '05        #48
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,737 | Props total: 12561 12561
20 years from now, some nerd will create a LeBron "flopping" video, who never got to watch LeBron a day in his life, but he will use this as a basis why LeBron is over rated and unborn superstar is better. As silly as this sh*t sounds is just as silly as this video is. You show a few clips of certain moments and use this as a basis for an entire era.

5 years ago '04        #49
htown 
space
space
space
$2,755 | Props total: 766 766
one of the biggest floppers in the league in the 90s was Karl Malone...
 5 years ago '08        #50
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 SOCIALITE said:
And in that video I seen the "anybody but Jordan" defense. So you telling me Kobe doesn't face "anybody but Kobe" defenses regularly? Melo? Rose against the Heat? I see Jordan driving into the teeth of the defense with poor spacing flipping up horrible shots. I see Jordan taking shots over 3 and 4 defenders. The video is supposed to add to Jordan's greatness but it failed to do so. Jordan fans living on lies and half truths and panicking every time Kobe or LeBron is mentioned with him.

Seeing that Kobe will never be respected as the greatest no matter what he does, a part of me some times wishes LeBron becomes the greatest just so I can see the Jordan fans pop a blood vessel with they bi*ch a.ss.
What does this thread have to do with Kobe Bryant?
 5 years ago '08        #51
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
i dont care.

the league was different. if you really think the league wasnt physical back in the 80s/90s, youre either a complete idiot or just young. debating this topic is pointless.
 5 years ago '06        #52
shortdog26 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,417 | Props total: 3655 3655
that's how i know none of you young kids watch the basketball in the 80's or 90's or was even born for that matter cuz you guys must have forgot about this dude
[pic - click to view]

90's were phsyical as hell
 5 years ago '04        #53
dacaptn4u 
space
space
$631 | Props total: 1 1
yall just dont know charles oakley would put ur favorite player to sleep on his back
 5 years ago '05        #54
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,403 | Props total: 679 679
 Avitos Way said:
I'm simply just tired of all the old players talking down about the game the way its played today and how people wouldnt do this or that in their league. I'll be honest with you every generation says the same thing, my era of sports was better, my era of music was better, my era of school was better etc...

Your time passed and its a new era whether you like it or not.
i see what you're saying and all but 90's music > today's music man... the toughness of the game lies with officiating too... the refs call the games differently today than they did then too.. a lot of the "hard, playoff" type fouls that happened back then would get ppl suspended for games in the NBA now... Hell birdman got suspended for a damn push smh...

game has more athletes today than it did in the 80's/90's but athletics doesn't mean better fundamental players...
 5 years ago '13        #55
Ta388 
space
space
$4,070 | Props total: 2451 2451
 WasabiTuna said:
If you can't see how watered down the Nba is today you must of been born post 1990. It's really not that fun to watch anymore with the refs dictating games, players flopping and lack of basic fundamentals.
You right it is watered down, but that doesn't take away how easy the 80's and 90's was. Aside from the hard fouls and tougher players that era was kinda easy. I always looked at it like this, for example people try to sh*t on Kobe when compared to Jordan and his era. Jordan's biggest rivals were the pistons D, John Starks, Jeff Horneseck, Byron Russell, Gary Payton to name a few. Imagine a prime Kobe being guarded by those guys...he'll be charged with murder. Not saying Jordan wouldn't sh*t on todays comp, who knows. But the 80'spistons and 90's was easier
 5 years ago '13        #56
Ta388 
space
space
$4,070 | Props total: 2451 2451
 WasabiTuna said:
If you can't see how watered down the Nba is today you must of been born post 1990. It's really not that fun to watch anymore with the refs dictating games, players flopping and lack of basic fundamentals.
You right it is watered down, but that doesn't take away how easy the 80's and 90's was. Aside from the hard fouls and tougher players that era was kinda easy. I always looked at it like this, for example people try to sh*t on Kobe when compared to Jordan and his era. Jordan's biggest rivals were the pistons D, John Starks, Jeff Horneseck, Byron Russell, Gary Payton to name a few. Imagine a prime Kobe being guarded by those guys...he'll be charged with murder. Not saying Jordan wouldn't sh*t on todays comp, who knows. But the 80's and 90's was easier
 5 years ago '12        #57
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,161 | Props total: 11466 11466
the rules are different, so thats what the players play by. If there were two hand checking today, then the stars would still be the stars.

Todays players would adjust.

I personally think the game is better today. I cant see how bigger taller faster players would have a problem being physical.
 5 years ago '07        #58
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ta388 said:
You right it is watered down, but that doesn't take away how easy the 80's and 90's was. Aside from the hard fouls and tougher players that era was kinda easy. I always looked at it like this, for example people try to sh*t on Kobe when compared to Jordan and his era. Jordan's biggest rivals were the pistons D, John Starks, Jeff Horneseck, Byron Russell, Gary Payton to name a few. Imagine a prime Kobe being guarded by those guys...he'll be charged with murder. Not saying Jordan wouldn't sh*t on todays comp, who knows. But the 80'spistons and 90's was easier
tha nba is now in an era were guys like jarred jeffries are considered elite defenders lol.that should say enough
 5 years ago '08        #59
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 Ta388 said:
You right it is watered down, but that doesn't take away how easy the 80's and 90's was. Aside from the hard fouls and tougher players that era was kinda easy. I always looked at it like this, for example people try to sh*t on Kobe when compared to Jordan and his era. Jordan's biggest rivals were the pistons D, John Starks, Jeff Horneseck, Byron Russell, Gary Payton to name a few. Imagine a prime Kobe being guarded by those guys...he'll be charged with murder. Not saying Jordan wouldn't sh*t on todays comp, who knows. But the 80's and 90's was easier

[pic - click to view]

bryon just happened to be the guy that sloan put on an island with jordan when hornacek was getting that work. nothing more.
 5 years ago '12        #60
T.D. 67 heat pts67
space
space
$7,510 | Props total: 1791 1791
 r.burgundy said:
tha nba is now in an era were guys like jarred jeffries are considered elite defenders lol.that should say enough

Bruh what the fu*k is you talking about?When have you ever heard somebody call that bum a.ss n*gga an elite defender?Shut yo lame a.ss up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
314 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy