The Myth Of the Physical 80's

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13028 13028
 nitetrain8601 said:

Back then, you tried some bi*ch sh*t, you'd get dealt with. These days, it's okay to stop playing to complain to the refs. There's no handchecking now where you can guide the defender. Flopping happened less than 3 times a year, now each star player does it at least 10 times a year.
self exposure. try again.

5 years ago '12        #22
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,693 | Props total: 22045 22045
Watching that footage took me back.
 5 years ago '07        #23
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13028 13028
 nitetrain8601 said:
3)Look at above evidence. A player like LeBron or Wade gets touched like that these days, they stomp up and down until they get a foul call.
i think we all know by now that wade prefers to get even

boxden walks the fine line between glorifying this sh*t, rewriting history, and bi*ching when it happens today.
 5 years ago '04        #24
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,517 | Props total: 6191 6191
Old people hate on young people, its just the way it goes. Sports, music, movies, fashion, etc. When this generation becomes "old" we'll hate on the younger generation as well, it's the circle of life
 5 years ago '05        #25
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,925 | Props total: 643 643
When they did away with hand checking, the game changed. The "european" flops of the past are now built into the superstars smh. Indy/mia series and spurs/memphis are considered the most physical series of the playoffs...put that in perspective.
 5 years ago '11        #26
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,207 | Props total: 24674 24674
 nitetrain8601 said:
1)What does being an expansion team have to do with anything?

2)Miami was an expansion team and they were putting knots in Scottie Pippen's head and getting gully with JVG.

3)Look at above evidence. A player like LeBron or Wade gets touched like that these days, they stomp up and down until they get a foul call.
not defending what they do bc its terrible basketball. but they do that to get calls. and it works. It may not win them any fans but they probably dont care bc theyre trying to win the games. The flopping thing is on the NBA office for letting get this bad and the refs for continuing to call it. I dont fault the players at all. If you can get an advantage for your team, then why wouldnt you?? Still hate all the floppin tho
 5 years ago '08        #27
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,054 | Props total: 4796 4796
 joshdogg26 said:
i think we all know by now that wade prefers to get even

boxden walks the fine line between glorifying this sh*t, rewriting history, and bi*ching when it happens today.
I'd have to agree w/that sentiment. The amount of moaning and groaning calling for Birdman's suspension on account of his gooning is being fondly remembered by a Lambier or Rodman in this thread. Maybe b/c it was the Heat engaging in some of those tactics was why people did an about face on "Physical" plays?
 5 years ago '08        #28
MotorBoat Jones 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 83 83
I think a major part of today's NBA player is that the star players get paid so much more.
A franchise doesn't have time for their superstar to get severely injured.
 5 years ago '04        #29
icetwenty4 
space
space
$531 | Props total: 31 31
I always have this argument with my dad, but it's usually about football. For some reason people say this era in sports is soft, is it their fault the rules have changed and they must abide by it? He's always saying old school football was nasty, and I agree it was, but whose to say that the guys today can't be just as nasty!

He always seems to forget that the athletes today are bigger, stronger and faster. Give them time to adjust to your 'nasty' game and they'll prob dominate.

5 years ago '07        #30
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 Neo22 said:
why is everybody tryna act like jordan played through the toughest most physical best defensive era when there was 6 expansion teams added in jordans era
Jordan never won sh*t in the 80s either. That tells you right there how strong the 80s era of basketball was.
 5 years ago '05        #31
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 icetwenty4 said:
I always have this argument with my dad, but it's usually about football. For some reason people say this era in sports is soft, is it their fault the rules have changed and they must abide by it? He's always saying old school football was nasty, and I agree it was, but whose to say that the guys today can't be just as nasty!

He always seems to forget that the athletes today are bigger, stronger and faster. Give them time to adjust to your 'nasty' game and they'll prob dominate.

You're right. Modern sports medicine and training is miles better than it was in the old days. It's not feasible to play in a league with those rules as most players would end up with severe brain damage. Bunch of Earl Campbells walking around
 5 years ago '04        #32
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 2791 2791
the 80s wasnt that physical

the 90s was physical as fu*k

all the way up until the artest brawl in the 2000s, sh*t was physical then too
 5 years ago '09        #33
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,591 | Props total: 4545 4545
 nitetrain8601 said:

Back then, you tried some bi*ch sh*t, you'd get dealt with. These days, it's okay to stop playing to complain to the refs. There's no handchecking now where you can guide the defender. Flopping happened less than 3 times a year, now each star player does it at least 10 times a year.
lol this n*gga. fu*k you talkin bout boy, floppin 3 times a year smh for real?
 5 years ago '11        #34
JGunnaWP 
space
space
$718 | Props total: 25 25
id say theres more physical defensive teams now BUT the league is filled with bi*ch a.ss superstars..
id say the rules/refs have somethin to do with all that tho
seems like players just try to take advantage of the bi*chassness now
PLUS stern dont want no real n*ggaz in the league
 5 years ago '11        #35
JGunnaWP 
space
space
$718 | Props total: 25 25
BUT dont get me wrong..theres atleast 1 or 2 goons on most good teams now days
 06-08-2013, 04:25 PM         #36
WavyCrockett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Reggie Miller used to flop his a.ss off in the 90s, what are n*ggas really talkin about? Ewing said he hated Reggie cuz he used to flop an cry to the refs
But but but but nobody flopped in the 90s
 5 years ago '09        #37
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 WavyCrockett said:
Reggie Miller used to flop his a.ss off in the 90s, what are n*ggas really talkin about? Ewing said he hated Reggie cuz he used to flop an cry to the refs
But but but but nobody flopped in the 90s
Here's the difference. A few guys back then, a whole damn league now. Even a team like the Grizzlies who last season cried about the Clippers doing it and said they don't do it decided to add that to their game this year.
 5 years ago '09        #38
The Bully 350 heat pts350
space
space
$48,330 | Props total: 34722 34722
First n*ggas cry for the physical style of ball to come back. Then they cry when Wade slaps n*ggas up and goons

Then they call the 80s an era filled with unathletic dudes who didn't play defense. Then they say lebron would be average in the 80s

Look how disgusting yall flip floppers are

Is it oochie Wally or one mic?
 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM         #39
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only thing that gives new players a bad rep is that they don't handle their business themselves they look to the refs to do it. Which is fine actually, why get kicked out of a game when you're a beast and some scrub is taking cheap shots? But it gives them the image of cry babies so it's like "cry babies couldn't survive in my era". I remember about a year ago on a Lakers blog somebody put together a package of Kobe getting fouled hard and common fouls being called versus identical contact in the "Golden Era" being called flagrant fouls. It's all a myth, just like most sh*t is. The media starts to spew out these words and people just live by them like it's the bible.
 06-08-2013, 05:43 PM         #40
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And in that video I seen the "anybody but Jordan" defense. So you telling me Kobe doesn't face "anybody but Kobe" defenses regularly? Melo? Rose against the Heat? I see Jordan driving into the teeth of the defense with poor spacing flipping up horrible shots. I see Jordan taking shots over 3 and 4 defenders. The video is supposed to add to Jordan's greatness but it failed to do so. Jordan fans living on lies and half truths and panicking every time Kobe or LeBron is mentioned with him.

Seeing that Kobe will never be respected as the greatest no matter what he does, a part of me some times wishes LeBron becomes the greatest just so I can see the Jordan fans pop a blood vessel with they bi*ch a.ss.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy