Media slams Microsoft's Xbox One Policy

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
Greece 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 1200 1200
 06-07-2013, 07:15 PM         #122
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Please stop comparing the DRM MS is using to what the PC world is used to, especially those of you who do not even game on a PC. We do not have 24hour checkins. That was completely unnecessary. Only a handful of games require continuous connection to the Internet. Diablo III being one of them.

Games from Steam only need the initial authentication and you can play offline after that with no checkins. MS could have done the same thing. One time authentication of any new game you plan on playing on your Xbox One. That would have served its purpose just fine. The 24hour checkin is just stupid and unnecessary.

It does not further prevent piracy. Nobody is going to forego playing new games just so that they can continue to play the used game they just sold.

It makes zero sense. The worst part about it is that unlike a PC, you would first have to hack the system to be able to play pirated games. If you have the skill set to hack the system, it will be very easy to then modify the OS to eliminate the 24hour Internet requirement. So it does not even prevent piracy anymore than the standard system protection does.
 5 years ago '04        #123
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 DominationCM said:
yeah, but still if anything the one thing I've learned is that BXGS is entertaining....especially when a n*gga's at work and you absolutely CANT take this sh*t serious
true its just kind of downing like when the Xbox 360 and ps3 was announced I got into with n*ggas on here from time to time but it was about the games though, we've known about these systems for months now and 90% of the fussing has been about DRM always online and used games

I miss game debates actually being about games lol

but on some real sh*t I can't deny what I see and feel I read M$'s policy last night and felt sick as a gamer and honestly a little angry I do feel Hovi in that regard
 5 years ago '10        #124
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 xeduran said:
please stop comparing the drm ms is using to what the pc world is used to, especially those of you who do not even game on a pc. We do not have 24hour checkins. That was completely unnecessary. Only a handful of games require continuous connection to the internet. Diablo iii being one of them.

Games from steam only need the initial authentication and you can play offline after that with no checkins. Ms could have done the same thing. One time authentication of any new game you plan on playing on your xbox one. That would have served its purpose just fine. The 24hour checkin is just stupid and unnecessary.

It does not further prevent piracy. Nobody is going to forego playing new games just so that they can continue to play the used game they just sold.

It makes zero sense. The worst part about it is that unlike a pc, you would first have to hack the system to be able to play pirated games. If you have the skill set to hack the system, it will be very easy to then modify the os to eliminate the 24hour internet requirement. So it does not even prevent piracy anymore than the standard system protection does.
qft...
 5 years ago '11        #125
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #126
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,847 | Props total: 1982 1982
 mystic boy said:
Did this guy just say pickle d!cks

Thats about as far as i got cuz it was too funny... Pickle d!cks
 06-07-2013, 08:13 PM         #127
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Please stop comparing the DRM MS is using to what the PC world is used to, especially those of you who do not even game on a PC. We do not have 24hour checkins. That was completely unnecessary. Only a handful of games require continuous connection to the Internet. Diablo III being one of them.

Games from Steam only need the initial authentication and you can play offline after that with no checkins. MS could have done the same thing. One time authentication of any new game you plan on playing on your Xbox One. That would have served its purpose just fine. The 24hour checkin is just stupid and unnecessary.

It makes zero sense. The worst part about it is that unlike a PC, you would first have to hack the system to be able to play pirated games. If you have the skill set to hack the system, it will be very easy to then modify the OS to eliminate the 24hour Internet requirement. So it does not even prevent piracy anymore than the standard system protection does.
X gon give it to ya with knowledge.
 5 years ago '04        #128
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
 mystic boy said:
... and n*ggas still have the nerve to defend this bullsh*t?
This...

The whole "we don't know this for sure" line isn't even reasonable at this point. This close to E3 most of this stuff is true. Box sheep Lost

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #129
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,021 | Props total: 465 465
Yeah i been a xbox die hard fan since the og dropped....but this is sickening...Microsoft is blatantly disrespecting the gaming industry i grew up on.... I haven't owned a Sony playstation since the psone but looks like ps4 is my next gen system
 5 years ago '05        #130
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,020 | Props total: 537 537
im pretty loyal to the xbox but im not hardcore gamer like many of you but that 24 hour policy is basically saying you have to get internet ..so if you have hard times and can pay for it or move and it will be a while till u get hooked up what ever you cant enjoy a 600 buck game box.. its a very poor think to really dig ur heals in the ground with. i pay 600 bucks let me update my sh*t when i feel like it .. i dont play games on a regular basis just when a top tier game drops ..they are gonna really feels some pain on this and they took alot of focus away from some of the pros of thier box...i imagine the second or third generation will be drastically different unit
 5 years ago '04        #131
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,605 | Props total: 1773 1773
 Krazie said:

You really need to get some damn pus*y.. Did you really search out the entire internet?
Really? Thats the best reply you could come up for this thread huh? Whats your next excuse? But but but doesnt everyone have internet.
 5 years ago '09        #132
Big Ash 51283 
space
space
$259 | Props total: 0 0
 norcal925 said:
Actually microsoft fixed both systems for free, nice try though
I went through 5 red rings of deaths. Every time bought a new Xbox and put the old one in the box and took it back to Sam's Club where they don't check serial numbers... ain't got weeks to wait on my system.
 5 years ago '07        #133
kold107 
space
space
space
$548 | Props total: 20 20
 Hovi Bryant said:
Yeah, I've been pretty upset the moment I read the terms.

Even MORE upset that we have folks like yourself willing to bend over.

You're no different than a dog that just wants his bone no matter where you throw that sh*t.

Now companies are bold enough to believe everyone is as stupid as you are.

THIS , you bunch of ignorant sheep!!!!
 5 years ago '06        #134
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,853 | Props total: 25590 25590
sh*t not looking good on one hand i was gonna get it because of the exclusives that the xbox and ps4 are gonna have i always get both and i don't get caught up in that dumb a.ss console war with most of you n*ggas lol.. On the other hand this sh*t is becoming a bit crazy so idk if i'm gonna get it..
 5 years ago '05        #135
ROC585 306 heat pts306
space
space
space
$2,290 | Props total: 3445 3445
MS better pay google to speed up their fiber for the whole USA. Not everyone who owns an xbox has the internet, and if you fall on hard times and have your cable shut off then your one will be useless. Imma stick with the old joint.
 5 years ago '11        #136
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
 Ra-da-god said:
true its just kind of downing like when the Xbox 360 and ps3 was announced I got into with n*ggas on here from time to time but it was about the games though, we've known about these systems for months now and 90% of the fussing has been about DRM always online and used games

I miss game debates actually being about games lol

but on some real sh*t I can't deny what I see and feel I read M$'s policy last night and felt sick as a gamer and honestly a little angry I do feel Hovi in that regard
Real sh*t Ra, why do you think I email you about what you really think about gaming? For 1...your boy values your opinion and for 2. I always thought you would favor towards one system/console (360, M$) rather than the other. But thats not the case, these n*ggas can argue back and forth about which is better, they don't even realise whether its Sony, M$ or even Nintendo the decisions made by these companies effects ALL of us.

Yeah I have my personal issues against M$ but its not enough to make me disregard basic common sense

We haven't even got to the GAMES and n*ggas is already saying "M$ is on some bullsh*t"
 5 years ago '04        #137
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
honestly if u cant connect online with ur xbox once in 24 hours u probably don't need a console in the first place.....

how n*ggas complainin about goin online once in 24 hours when yall n*ggas on boxden, facebook, twitter, and instagram all fu*king day?
 5 years ago '12        #138
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
this thread is comedy
 5 years ago '10        #139
space
space
 deadwrong03 said:
honestly if u cant connect online with ur xbox once in 24 hours u probably don't need a console in the first place.....

how n*ggas complainin about goin online once in 24 hours when yall n*ggas on boxden, facebook, twitter, and instagram all fu*king day?
The always online thing is where most of y'all get hung up on.

Microsoft is taking away the right for you to own a game.

When you walk into a store, pick a game off the shelf and check it out...

You bought a license to play the game. You don't have any rights to the game itself.

Which means you can't:
  • Give the game to anyone you want
  • Sell the game to anyone you want
  • Play the game forever

The online requirement is in place to make sure you're not breaking the rules. You have no rights as a consumer the moment you create an account on that console.

You don't see the big picture. Few of y'all do. That's the problem. We're all fu*ked if you think it stops with Microsoft.

The next consoles will be on some serious bullsh*t if the Xbox One is successful in any way. I can promise you that.

God forbid DRM being successful with video games. That just mean corporations will give it another shot with music and movies.
 5 years ago '10        #140
space
space
And the sh*tstorm rages on.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy