Game of Thrones 2nd most popular show in HBO History! May Eclipse Sopranos

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #81
pa_general 134 heat pts134 OP
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
HBO the Goat when it comes to quality TV...AMC distant 2nd...
 06-08-2013, 01:01 PM         #82
McFly1922 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oz aint even up there... and i thought for sure the wire would be higher up on the list
 5 years ago '05        #83
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 luckluck said:
Thats crazy that this was brought up just now because I swear to you I just finished rewatching season 2 of The Wire not more than an hour ago. It took me a mere 4 days. I really don't understand the criticism that season 2 gets for being "slow". The storyline and dialogue keeps that sh*t interesting from the first second to the last. Sure there's not as much street sh*t. Not as much Bodie or Avon or Stringer or Omar, but the intricacy of the writing plus how it sets up the remaining seasons makes season 2 arguably the best season imo. Not the most entertaining, but the best.

It gave you the whole, much bigger picture of the Baltimore criminal underworld. I love season 2. I'm fine with less junkies, murders, and street corners. I like to see the inner workings.
Here's the thing most of the season two supporters don't understand. When people hear of The Wire, the thing they find appealing is that it's pretty much known as the realest street show of all time. Now, I'm far from a hood dude, but that type of sh*t is still entertaining to me every now and again, and to hear that The Wire pulled it off perfectly, that's what drew me and most other people in, and that's what we went into it expecting. Then season two caught us completely off guard. That's not why we got into the show. Season two is good as a stand-alone season. But as a part of the bigger picture, it is clearly the weakest season. And there is a reason 95 percent of viewers agree with that sentiment.
 5 years ago '05        #84
space
space
 Kyrietolakers said:
Boardwalk empire will>>>>>>> all
by the end
cept sopranos.

How about no. Boardwalk Empire won't even be top five.
 5 years ago '05        #85
space
space
 soso24 said:
3. Dexter (Starz)

Anyway, why are so many people in this thread repeating the same sh*t over and over again. Do you not read before you post? The Wire wasn't anywhere even remotely close to as popular as it is now until years after it was over. Oz was made before HBO had any mainstream respect, so people didn't know to check for it at the time.

I really don't understand how some people are acting like this list is ranking the HBO shows by critical acclaim. This is ranking the shows by TV viewers at the time of airing.
 5 years ago '05        #86
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:

I know maybe The Wire's hipster cred has come around to the point at which the obvious worst season will be praised as the best..
 5 years ago '09        #87
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,118 | Props total: 405 405
i finished watching six feet under this week. Great show.
 5 years ago '04        #88
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,490 | Props total: 2726 2726
its a great show but they re fu*king with us ...so little happens in a season
 5 years ago '12        #89
noverum 
space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
Just a fair-warning, I haven't watched it in years, but I talked to a guy who just rewatched the entire series and he said the first few seasons have not aged well at all and seem extremely dated.

But then again, The Wire season one seems extremely dated nowadays, to, and I just watched that recently and while I could tell it was very dated, I still enjoyed it.

Just fair-warning, though.
Nonsense. Game of Thrones isn't even in the same league as The Sopranos.

Last edited by noverum; 06-08-2013 at 02:57 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #90
space
space
 noverum said:

Game Of Throne's is on pace to be among the GOAT's. Not sure what show you're watching. Soprano's is one of my all-time favorite shows, I wasn't knocking it.
 5 years ago '04        #91
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 KeepinItTrill said:
iono about that...

GoT is great and I watch it religiously, but Sopranos is hard to top

we can all agree HBO > * though
The Wire>>>>>Sopranos

And it's not even close.
 5 years ago '12        #92
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 Big Money Boy said:
Guess it was just something I liked but I still miss How To Make It In America
that show had a horrible storyline but it had great bits and actors. It was just missing a good story.
 5 years ago '04        #93
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 mt fuji said:
The Wire>>>>>Sopranos

And it's not even close.
 noverum said:

You dudes go overboard with this Sopranos and Wire sh*t. None of these shows are way better than the others.
 5 years ago '04        #94
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
Sopranos and The Wire are obviously the best, and more than likely, they've had the greatest commercial success when you take DVDs into account. Maybe s3x and the City beats them.. maybe not.

Sopranos and The Wire are the best shows easily though. I can't speak on Oz, since I (probably like most people who've never tried to get into it) don't particularly care to watch forced sodomy (also why I never watched Rome. First time I flipped past it, a bunch of dudes were about to r*pe some guy...).

Boardwalk kinda jumped the shark already.. but it's good enough to keep watching.. won't supplant any of the top shows though.

Game of Thrones will easily go down as a Top 5 HBO show, and when it's all over.. it will probably join Sopranos and The Wire as the holy trinity of HBO shows. Will it be better? Prob not.. but it will put itself into the same class.
 5 years ago '12        #95
noverum 
space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

Game Of Throne's is on pace to be among the GOAT's. Not sure what show you're watching. Soprano's is one of my all-time favorite shows, I wasn't knocking it.
Uhuh. Most overrated of all time, maybe.

I wasn't knocking you either, it was your friend who was confused; though now it's apparent that he's not the only one.
 5 years ago '11        #96
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
Just started The Wire. Started off a little slow, but it's picking up. On the fifth episode. D'Angelo's speeches to the people in the low rises are amazing

[video - click to view]

Gotta start GOT too
 5 years ago '05        #97
space
space
 noverum said:
Uhuh. Most overrated of all time, maybe.
 5 years ago '06        #98
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8919 8919
fu*k this gay a.ss show
 5 years ago '06        #99
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
HBO is the GOAT!!!

The Sopranos, The Wire, Game Of Thrones, Six Feet Under, Entourage, Deadwood, Eastbound, Curb >>>>>>

I still need to peep Oz

IMO Six Feet Under is the most underrated HBO show

Last edited by Mr Kush; 06-08-2013 at 03:36 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #100
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8919 8919
the wire would of been up there if back everyone was so into tech lets be honest.

ppl were still playing outside when the wire came on... sh*t wasnt even HD. aint no one have a flat screen bacc then. sheeeeeit yes thats my excuse things just change thats all im saying. plus hype.. hype today shieeeeeeit make a n*gga a billionaire over night with hype

today? sheeeeeeit the streets is quite n*ggas infront of that screen.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy