most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
860 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
64 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #61
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,022 | Props total: 720 720
Is it sad that I've only seen The Wire from beginning to end on that list?
Also seen 6 seasons of Entourage and 1.5 seasons of Eastbound and Down
 06-08-2013, 12:52 AM         #62
Stabbin101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
game of thrones is for fairy wizard f*ggots.

fell asleep multiple times
 06-08-2013, 12:56 AM         #63
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that many people watch that true blood trash?
 06-08-2013, 12:58 AM         #64
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YI-Drizzy said:
so game of thrones > the wire?
No, just means its commercially better.

The wire is widely agreed to be the best show ever made.

I vote sopranos for second place. That sh*t was deep.
 5 years ago '05        #65
MlLkMan 
space
space
$4,246 | Props total: 40 40
 stabbin101 said:
game of thrones is for fairy wizard f*ggots.

fell asleep multiple times
 5 years ago '07        #66
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
Why is the wire not on netflix yet
 5 years ago '07        #67
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,794 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Jacc Blacc said:
More people watched hung then the wire? Really?
That's another example but the Wire is easily more popular.
 5 years ago '07        #68
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,794 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Funeral James said:
Why is the wire not on netflix yet
Because its on HBO Go nothing from HBO is on Netflix. HBO isn't stupid to lose HBO Go viewers. Its HBOs netflix.
 5 years ago '11        #69
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 2458 2458
 RYLNYC said:
Man, after the last episode, I'm tempted to give GoT a chance. Never been a fan of period/historic shows (like Boardwalk Empire), but people keep hyping up the book and show, I think I have to check it out.
You should. GRR Martin the author of the books GOT is based on is a grisly motherfu*k man. You really dont ever know what the fu*k is gonna happen in the show/books.

Nothing is sacred, thats what I like about it.
 5 years ago '06        #70
soso24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,633 | Props total: 4969 4969
Favorite cable shows of all-time

1. The Wire

2. Game of Thrones

3. Dexter (Starz)
 5 years ago '04        #71
sabret00the 
space
space
$992 | Props total: 277 277
How is Oz not on that list?
 5 years ago '04        #72
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,359 | Props total: 1589 1589
Sopranos is the best show ever. The writing and acting is fu*kin amazing
 5 years ago '04        #73
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
 luckluck said:
Thats crazy that this was brought up just now because I swear to you I just finished rewatching season 2 of The Wire not more than an hour ago. It took me a mere 4 days. I really don't understand the criticism that season 2 gets for being "slow". The storyline and dialogue keeps that sh*t interesting from the first second to the last. Sure there's not as much street sh*t. Not as much Bodie or Avon or Stringer or Omar, but the intricacy of the writing plus how it sets up the remaining seasons makes season 2 arguably the best season imo. Not the most entertaining, but the best.

It gave you the whole, much bigger picture of the Baltimore criminal underworld. I love season 2. I'm fine with less junkies, murders, and street corners. I like to see the inner workings.

Someone who finally gets it. People take The Wire as a ghetto street tale. Like a modern day Scarface in the hood. It is so much more than that. Season 4 was my favorite with the kids. How they were effected and how they were such fish out of water when Herc took them to a nice restaurant.
 5 years ago '04        #74
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 4066 4066
 WCIB said:
HBO Go for all of you missing out on these shows is the sh*t. They have EVERYTHING.
Not "EVERYTHING" my friend go find me da ali g show, in treatment, angry boys and the life and times of tim. Best network but sometimes they p!ss me off.

Last edited by Fameus; 06-08-2013 at 08:05 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #75
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,610 | Props total: 6837 6837
Sopranos always gonna have an advantage though cause more people watched tv back then and it's easier to watch GOT off torrents , HBOGo , DVR , all that kinda sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #76
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,610 | Props total: 6837 6837
 Cheesypoof said:
that many people watch that true blood trash?

It's big with gays and older women cause it's like a soap opera kinda romance novel type thing. So yeah it does have a hardcore fanbase that follows it religiously.

5 years ago '04        #77
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
 Tikyle2 said:

Someone who finally gets it. People take The Wire as a ghetto street tale. Like a modern day Scarface in the hood. It is so much more than that. Season 4 was my favorite with the kids. How they were effected and how they were such fish out of water when Herc took them to a nice restaurant.
Oh God...

You don't have to view The Wire as just a "ghetto street tale" to think Season 2 was easily the worst season.

Maybe you just don't give a sh*t about the Sobatka's. Maybe you think they are generally unintelligent characters that do stupid thing after stupid thing, and it's kind of annoying to watch a brilliantly written show devolve into idiocy for an entire season, while some hothead, sh*t-for-brains kid goes and does a bunch of dumb sh*t, for attention because nobody respects him (boo hoo).

Are there redeeming qualities about Season 2? Sure... but the season revolved around a storyline driven by unlikable characters making STUPID decisions over and over again.

I know full well that the beauty of The Wire is not in mindless gangsterism. It's about compelling characters, their impossible circumstances, the decisions that have to be made, the heartbreaking consequences, the way every single decision made, for whatever reason, affects something else, and the hopelessness that that represents, and reflects in our own world/time.

That being said, if you do an entire season with boring, idiotic characters, that make terrible decisions that nobody with half a brain would make, it takes away from a HUGE part of the show's appeal.

And yeah.. Seasons 3-5 couldn't happen without Season 2. That's obvious. Season 2 isn't TOTALLY worthless.. important things happen, but those same important things could have happened in a season with a better story, better characters, better pacing, etc.

I know maybe The Wire's hipster cred has come around to the point at which the obvious worst season will be praised as the best.. and maybe it's the cool thing to take the only season centered around White people, and largely away from the West Baltimore drug trade.. and say it's great, so you can sound different and more in tune with David Simon or some other such nonsense, but please.

If you *think* Season 2 is the best.. that's fine.. that's your own opinion.. but get off the high horse. You don't have to be some idiot viewer, blinded by gangsta to appreciate the other seasons more. The Wire is obviously not Scarface. The themes explored in every other season are at least just as complex.. just as touching.. and just as stark a commentary on our world, as what's in Season 2.. if not obviously much more so.
 06-08-2013, 09:44 AM         #78
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bleezy said:
Still haven't watched The Sopranos...

No more stalling... will start soon. I expect greatness

[pic - click to view]

The fu*k?

Side note: Treme is trash!
 5 years ago '12        #79
Reggie Noble 86 29 heat pts29
space
space
$540 | Props total: 283 283
GoT definitely has a shot at being the GOAT of all HBO shows. The story is great. It just depends on the adaptation to tv and the acting (both have been great so far.)
 5 years ago '04        #80
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,376 | Props total: 1047 1047
Damn How to Make It In America no where to be found
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy