Microsoft Details Xbox One Used Games, Always Online

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541 OP
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Msirae said:
And when stores like Gamestop go out of business cause everyone is buying digital and their % of used game sales is a fraction of what it once was, then what?
n*ggas will gladly buy new games to see Gamestop go out of business. Where you been?
 5 years ago '07        #42
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 15038 15038
 ALLEEK said:
Yup. Literally laid it on the table, now all they need to talk about is the games/software.

The new system does place some restrictions on things but it also opens up new capabilities to gamers and it also benefits the pockets of publishers......It also is built to put a dent in Gamestops model which was something publishers been screaming about for years...
which is what I'm looking forward to

yea the 24 hour check-in sh*t is lame but I'm connected 99.9 % anyways, so in the rare occurrence my internet goes down then I can't game for an hour or two. Which probably won't be a big deal anyways cuz most of the games I'd be playing were mp-centered anyways .
 5 years ago '10        #43
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
Oh yea for the people who don't know how to read and can only skim, y'all won because you dumb fu*ks will still think this is all bad

-You can control how much the Kinect sees
-You can turn it on and off
-You don't have to bring your games over to your friends house (have to be on their friend list)
-You can buy the games first day without standing on-line
-I repeat you can buy games first day without standing on a line

Very good news by M$, great job.
 5 years ago '12        #44
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,041 | Props total: 17230 17230
 e G o Maniac said:
Exactly. Why n*ggas acting like digital ain't the future anyway? PC gamers seem to be dealing with not being able to trade in games or loan games to friends just fine, but when Microsoft does it (and they STILL ALLOW THOSE THINGS) it's a problem
sh*t like Steam has put a new energy into PC Gaming. People been knew Digital was the future, its something thats been way past due. Music, movies, and television all are deep into the digital phase, was only a matter of time before gaming, another form of entertainment, went there to. I don't really see why people are so surprised...sh*t you download way more mp3s than you do buy cds, you watch netflix and a.ssorted apps on a sh*t load of hardware rather than watch shows on a cable box, and now you're going to play games in other ways than on a disc.

Its just technology moving forward
 5 years ago '12        #45
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,204 | Props total: 9811 9811
I'm not arguing that obviously the used game sh*t is good for publishers, the point I'm making is that at some point trading games in is gonna become defunct, it's cool on PC because games are cheap and sales are plenty, these Xbox One games aren't gonna come down in price. I'm not bashing Xbox, I'm wondering what's gonna happen to the process of trading games in.

Last edited by Faythung; 06-06-2013 at 05:50 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #46
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 1775 1775
 KURUPTION!!! said:
24-hour offline limit confirmed, games can be transferred to other players once.

Microsoft has explained its full policies on Xbox One’s internet requirements, used game policies, transfers to friends and much more.

Always Online
As explained by Microsoft, “while a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.”

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies. “

Used Games and Giving Games to Friends
“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

“Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.”

Developing…

Yup, that confirmed it, theres no first party exclusive m$ can muster to make me buy this sh*t. Xbots lost
 5 years ago '07        #47
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,837 | Props total: 4815 4815
 e G o Maniac said:
Exactly. Why n*ggas acting like digital ain't the future anyway? PC gamers seem to be dealing with not being able to trade in games or loan games to friends just fine, but when Microsoft does it (and they STILL ALLOW THOSE THINGS) it's a problem
i think he was refferring to tha 1000's of people who would be out of a job
 5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
 Msirae said:
I'm not arguing that obviously the used game sh*t is good for publishers, the point I'm making is that at some point trading games in is gonna become defunct, it's cool on PC because games are cheap and sales are plenty, these Xbox One games aren't gonna come down in price.
cmon now...

you really think a launch title is still gonna be full retail 2-3 years after release?
 5 years ago '12        #49
space
space
 Msirae said:
I'm not arguing that obviously the used game sh*t is good for publishers, the point I'm making is that at some point trading games in is gonna become defunct, it's cool on PC because games are cheap and sales are plenty, these Xbox One games aren't gonna come down in price.
I agree at some point the market is going to dry up....this is something thats been known for years though...At some point fam we are going to see a day where a physical medium doesn't exist.

30 years ago the idea of using CDs on consoles and not cartridges was something people looked at and laughed. sh*t Nintendo fu*ked that situation up with Sony that created the Playstation....20 years from now people are going to look back and say "Why in the fu*k were we using discs?"
 5 years ago '12        #50
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
Same thing happened to the thousands of mom&pop stores when music went through the changes it went through.
 5 years ago '05        #51
Greece 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 1202 1202
So...are there any rules in place to stop people from setting up a network of gamertags to share games? Bx, can we get one of those?
 5 years ago '12        #52
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3992 3992
 cold_young_thug said:
Yup, that confirmed it, theres no first party exclusive m$ can muster to make me buy this sh*t. Xbots lost
If you are online on Boxden everyday, then you can be connected to the Xbox too.

and friends... fu*k friends
 5 years ago '10        #53
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 cold_young_thug said:
24 fu*king hours, you're telling you don't have the internet for AT LEAST one hour out of the day? Are you not on the internet right now?

Jesus christ.
 5 years ago '04        #54
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Damn than I can't get down with this...gotta get Sony's official stance on this and I might be done with gaming...its been a great run but all good things come to an end...
I still don't fully understand how the trade ins work. You have to be on a person's friend list for 30 days to get a game from them, but I don't think that explains how the used games work. I still think there's going to be some type on license transfer fee involved set but the publisher. That would make sense because I can't see Sony not doing something similar. The friend's list thing seems to be if you just give the game to someone. It comes out of your library on the cloud and into theirs. That's the only thing I can see because if trade ins are that difficult game prices are going to drop faster than they do now. No one is buying anything less than a AAA title if you have this difficult of a time getting rid of a game. Definitely means no more eBay/CL. I'm out.
 5 years ago '12        #55
space
space
Sony once talked about doing the similar thing with the ps3...it'd cut down on costs for publishers if they didn't have to pay for the creation, processing, and distribution of physical medium. Opens up more money to be spent on the game itself and not how to get the game out into the world
 5 years ago '12        #56
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3992 3992
 r.burgundy said:
No he wasn't
 5 years ago '08        #57
J_Clarity13 112 heat pts112
space
space
$6,312 | Props total: 3962 3962
It would be cool if u could sell your own game u bought digitally and sell it to another person on your friends list and list it at your own price that would be fu*kin dope
 5 years ago '04        #58
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Price point. If M$ deep discounts games the same way Steam does there should be no issue. I love using Steam, but I also buy a lot of sh*t on there that I otherwise wouldn't cop at $60 in fear of the fact that it might be trash and I can't recoup one red cent.
 5 years ago '07        #59
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I still don't fully understand how the trade ins work. You have to be on a person's friend list for 30 days to get a game from them, but I don't think that explains how the used games work. I still think there's going to be some type on license transfer fee involved set but the publisher. That would make sense because I can't see Sony not doing something similar. The friend's list thing seems to be if you just give the game to someone. It comes out of your library on the cloud and into theirs. That's the only thing I can see because if trade ins are that difficult game prices are going to drop faster than they do now. No one is buying anything less than a AAA title if you have this difficult of a time getting rid of a game. Definitely means no more eBay/CL. I'm out.
yea they haven't really explained the trade-in sh*t...yet
 5 years ago '12        #60
space
space
 jessie17 said:
It would be cool if u could sell your own game u bought digitally and sell it to another person on your friends list and list it at your own price that would be fu*kin dope
And that sh*t would be dope....I bet they'd force you to use a service like paypal so they can still get there cut.

And i'd expect Sony to do this, the sh*ts so publisher friendly b. If Sony doesn't adobt this model then it means a developer stands to not make as much money off the PS4 rendition of their title. If you can make 10 dollars with one guy, why make 6 with the other?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy