Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-07-2013, 09:58 AM         #341
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
I'm not pro DRM but what u said is 100% truth. I think also a lot of BX users are oblivious to the fact of how many studios have closed shop since the current next gen systems! I might not like it, but piracy out there has crippled lots of studios.

Some of these games cost 100's of millions to develop (Exception of yearly titles). I don't want to speculate on the future of developers, but I understand they are businesses at the end of the day, and selling 1 million Tomb Raider copies or whatever when the game costs sky rocketing to develop isn't sustainable at all.

Team Bondi, Midway, THQ...

All big developers who folded this generation! It's just reality sadly! Gamers wanting DRM free games sounds great, but it won't save a THQ being $665m in the red even with a successful series as the WWE games!
Piracy gets blamed too much for developers going out of business. The used game market has done more damage than piracy. Piracy is greatly exaggerated. Not everyone that pirates a game would have bought that game.

Blaming used games is also an excuse though. If you cannot make a game that is good enough for people to buy it new then oh well. Drop your price or make better games. The market decides how much your game is worth.

The PC world is full of piracy, new games still come out.
 5 years ago '04        #342
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11753 11753
 chevyrida6 said:
man with all that money you saved from modding you should be able to buy any/every game that comes out

oh oh
Lol you right but i bought the console and pay to have xbox live. Some games aren't worth $60.00 and its a waste of money. The only games I buy are halo to be honest. I'm not really mad because I wasnt looking to buy a new system anyway. The 360 is my last console I'm buying because I'm not a huge gamer anymore. The graphics really hasn't gotten any better regardless of how many cut scenes they show which isn't even gameplay.

With all these restrictions and requirements it doesn't even make me interested at all. Gaming companies are trying to be like wireless companies. They want your residual income, charge you more money to please their share holders and don't give a fu*k about how the consumer feels about it. Sony will do the same thing eventually and it will become the new standard.
 5 years ago '12        #343
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 17386 17386
 majestykagiso said:
I'm not pro DRM but what u said is 100% truth. I think also a lot of BX users are oblivious to the fact of how many studios have closed shop since the current next gen systems! I might not like it, but piracy out there has crippled lots of studios.

Some of these games cost 100's of millions to develop (Exception of yearly titles). I don't want to speculate on the future of developers, but I understand they are businesses at the end of the day, and selling 1 million Tomb Raider copies or whatever when the game costs sky rocketing to develop isn't sustainable at all.

Team Bondi, Midway, THQ...

All big developers who folded this generation! It's just reality sadly! Gamers wanting DRM free games sounds great, but it won't save a THQ being $665m in the red even with a successful series as the WWE games!
 KURUPTION!!! said:
Used games are k!lling the industry more than Piracy ever will.
I remember being a kid and it being indie game shops, babbages, and tons of videogame stores out there...Gamestop/EB Games bought all those stores and closed most of them down while firing people/laying them off.

We saw Gamestop go from a company trying to gain room in a gaming retail market to a company thats now a multi billion dollar empire...All off second hand sales...and devs/publishers we grew up loving like Midway and THQ are in the wind with their ex-employees wishing they had a job...people who MAKE games disappeared...this is a system that puts extra cash in their pockets to make sure they can afford to MAKE games.

Cause at the rate we were going the only people who would be left after another 10-20 years would be EA, Activision and Ubisoft
 5 years ago '12        #344
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 17386 17386
 moe4484 said:
Yet another XB1 thread doing numbers thanks to the Sony fans that werent going to get the Xbox1 but yet still decided to sit up at 4 a.m. complaining about it
 5 years ago '06        #345
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
i love this thread its better than tv
 5 years ago '12        #346
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 xeduran said:
Piracy gets blamed too much for developers going out of business. The used game market has done more damage than piracy. Piracy is greatly exaggerated. Not everyone that pirates a game would have bought that game.

Blaming used games is also an excuse though. If you cannot make a game that is good enough for people to buy it new then oh well. Drop your price or make better games. The market decides how much your game is worth.

The PC world is full of piracy, new games still come out.
Used games or Piracy, the end result is that studios are closing down due to lack of revenue. PC's have seen a decline in some studios not supporting them with game releases or giving them delayed titles! So the issue at the end of the day is the same "consumer/gamer" BX promotes. This consumer that is potentially causing studios to close down to studios and you find most 3rd party studios need yearly releases under one publisher, which used to be rare back in the PS2 era (EA Sports if I recall were the one's mostly capitalizing on yearly titles the most back then). Now you have 2K Sports, THQ used to have a yearly series, Activision, Naughty Dog, etc)

It's just the reality of the business of gaming in 2013!
 5 years ago '12        #347
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
bruh....smack yourself

Bioshock Infinite cost $100 million

You were saying?
 06-07-2013, 10:13 AM         #348
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
Used games or Piracy, the end result is that studios are closing down due to lack of revenue. PC's have seen a decline in some studios not supporting them with game releases or giving them delayed titles! So the issue at the end of the day is the same "consumer/gamer" BX promotes. This consumer that is potentially causing studios to close down to studios and you find most 3rd party studios need yearly releases under one publisher, which used to be rare back in the PS2 era (EA Sports if I recall were the one's mostly capitalizing on yearly titles the most back then). Now you have 2K Sports, THQ used to have a yearly series, Activision, Naughty Dog, etc)

It is the reality of gaming period. The market is not big enough to warrant all those developers. Especially with people buying the same crap each year. COD, Madden, etc. Those are the games that make the big bucks.

Imagine if the movie industry was like that. Only Iron Man X, Thor X, Batman X, etc movies make money while the other more creative movies make nothing. The market is not sustainable because they are not enough true gamers left. Just the mainstream gamers. PC market has survived so long because anybody who games on a PC is a true gamer.
 5 years ago '07        #349
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 majestykagiso said:

The R.U.F. soldier in here dropping knowledge
 5 years ago '12        #350
space
space
 xeduran said:
It is the reality of gaming period. The market is not big enough to warrant all those developers. Especially with people buying the same crap each year. COD, Madden, etc. Those are the games that make the big bucks.

Imagine if the movie industry was like that. Only Iron Man X, Thor X, Batman X, etc movies make money while the other more creative movies make nothing. The market is not sustainable because they are not enough true gamers left. Just the mainstream gamers. PC market has survived so long because anybody who games on a PC is a true gamer.
Well if you see it that way who knows. At the end of the day I don't have the numbers for each new IP sold on PC. PC I believe is great for indies and new studios to get their feet into the gaming market, but as far as having blockbuster hits like RDR, GTA, Watch_Dogs will be very hard to sustain. Remember that I'm not making the decisions to not deliver these games on PC, but developers and publishers are.

When these big blockbusters do go to PC they usually half a.ss ports which sell a fraction of console games (GTA4 anyone?). So PC will always be there, but as a pure gamers device? Won't happen unless XBOX collapses and MS decides to focus all their energy and money in making PC gaming worth the money gamers spend on those machines. I doubt systems like Steam make publishers enough money compared to Sony, Nintendo and Xbox, or the need for them wouldn't exist, esp with DLC's, timed exclusives and exclusive console titles (esp from MS Studios)

But agree in that developers will dwindle down with the budgets needed for modern gaming! 3million copies sold/shipped in the PS2 era was amazing! Now Tomb Raider was a bomb with those numbers!

Last edited by majestykagiso; 06-07-2013 at 10:22 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #351
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #352
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
i was saying smack urself...twice..for not knowing the difference between plural and singular

[pic - click to view]

I'm on BX and n*ggas want me to be grammatically correct! SMDH!
 06-07-2013, 10:24 AM         #353
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr I 95 said:
i was saying smack urself...twice..for not knowing the difference between plural and singular

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #354
space
space
 coolio said:

[pic - click to view]

LOL good one! Even I chuckled at that!
 5 years ago '04        #355
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11753 11753
 majestykagiso said:

Studios close down due to alot of things. Bad investments being one but revenue is up to them. If your company can make good franchise games then they would make money. I don't buy the whole used games hurts the industry because the game is bought brand new and the companies can make more Money from dlc. If the game is good the original buyer will keep especially if dlc is gonna be available for it. If the buyer has finished his enjoyment of the game and wants to sell it why should the studio make money off of the 2nd purchase of the same unit.
 06-07-2013, 10:28 AM         #356
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:

[pic - click to view]

Well damn!
 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM         #357
purelogic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man if the xbox one don't get hacked like the xbox 360 I aint buying this next gen...hopefully they hack the ps4 like the xbox 360.

n*gga ain't tryna pay 60 dollars for a fu*king game
 5 years ago '11        #358
STRIVERS LIFE 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,876 | Props total: 3982 3982
Two things while reading y'all responses (and part of the reason I fux with BX so heavy is y'all make a dude think): 1.) while the one-a-day check in will benefit battling piracy I don't think that's the reason they did it. My take on it now is they did it to pull EVERYONE into the fold. Like that stat someone posted before about the number of XBL users who continued to buy stuff online (DLCs, arcade games, etc.) it would be smart business to make it where you couldn't opt out of the community and forcing you to go digital means you are automatically more prone to buy their other products--in retail they call that 'up-selling'. I wouldn't be surprised if they roll out an 'Xbox One Live Lite' program that would be a stripped down paid version of Live that would be mandatory for all users who aren't Gold members.

The second thing the conversation brought up is this: what will happen to collector's editions? If all purchases are digital there's no tangibility anymore and collector's editions will turn into 'visit for all your Fallout 4 merchandise needs!' I personally like having discs because it's in the same realm has having a Ghostface k!llah purple tape or a Gargoyles boxset.

Last edited by STRIVERS LIFE; 06-07-2013 at 10:37 AM..
 06-07-2013, 10:36 AM         #359
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
Well if you see it that way who knows. At the end of the day I don't have the numbers for each new IP sold on PC. PC I believe is great for indies and new studios to get their feet into the gaming market, but as far as having blockbuster hits like RDR, GTA, Watch_Dogs will be very hard to sustain. Remember that I'm not making the decisions to not deliver these games on PC, but developers and publishers are.

When these big blockbusters do go to PC they usually half a.ss ports which sell a fraction of console games (GTA4 anyone?). So PC will always be there, but as a pure gamers device? Won't happen unless XBOX collapses and MS decides to focus all their energy and money in making PC gaming worth the money gamers spend on those machines. I doubt systems like Steam make publishers enough money compared to Sony, Nintendo and Xbox, or the need for them wouldn't exist, esp with DLC's, timed exclusives and exclusive console titles (esp from MS Studios)

But agree in that developers will dwindle down with the budgets needed for modern gaming! 3million copies sold/shipped in the PS2 era was amazing! Now Tomb Raider was a bomb with those numbers!
That is a major issue. Indie companies do well on the PC side because us PC gamers actually like to play games with good stories. Amazingly enough, even though us PC gamers have the best graphics, we care a huge amount about a good story. Even play games with ok graphics as long as the story is done well.

The Blockbuster hits do not make much money on PCs for two reasons. One they are usually a crappy port. This won't happen this gen since the architecture is the same. Two, us PC gamers could care less about COD or Madden. We want quality when we buy a game. We want good stories. Not the same game put out each year with slightly better graphics and one or two new features.

In the PC world, if the game takes six hours to beat and has no replay value, it is probably not going to be brought. At least not until it comes down to a few bucks on Steam.

This next gen will be interesting. More third party PC versions of console games will be released due to the architecture. We will see how those sales go. Especially since they will no longer be cheap ports.
 5 years ago '13        #360
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,656 | Props total: 406 406
 Austin Foyt said:
I think so, but i'll never buy a kinect to see.

*edit - you can

Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
166 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy