Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #321
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,071 | Props total: 17382 17382
 xeduran said:
The online require is quite BS though. Especially since even Steam has an offline mode. There is no need to require that. I used to travel a lot for work and some places and very crappy internet connections or sometimes none at all. It would suck to bring my system and not be able to play my games due to that stupid requirement.

I just do not understand the point of the online requirement, it was not necessary. Did MS really think a bunch of people were going to sell a game and then never go online again just to be able to continue to play that game? How many people would be willing to impose a self ban just to get over on one game? Makes no sense..
Are you aware of the piracy that went on during the xbox 360 days? Tons of people were getting consoles modded and playing offline, hell some play online...we got a huge group of them here who do it now...sh*t I know a 13 year old kid who does it for 60 dollars on craigslist with his dad

Its obvious the online check in is a measure taken to curb the piracy they experienced with the 360. A bx user once said he spent 75 bucks getting his console modded by a 17 year old kid who then gave him 10 free games or some bullsh*t. Thats 600 dollars in lost revenue on the first day of his console being modded

I personally could care less about the online check, don't let people borrow my games, and all my friends have their own consoles and their own games so we won't ever have an issue with this

I plan on getting an Xbox one, and a PS4 whether or not they use this type of system. Could care less
 5 years ago '12        #322
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I'm speaking on it because it's a message board and it's for conversation. Are you some kind of Xbox spokesperson? How much do they pay you? Do you own stock in this company? How am I basing my opinion on zero facts? Is it not a fact that you can't play games on it after the 24 hour check in? Is it not a fact that people lose jobs for no reason every day? Is it not a fact that people make decisions on how they are going to spend their money based on what works for them, and not you? What are you really arguing here. I'm not even knocking the system, I just said it might not be for me. It's not that big of a deal.
Lol why you attacking and getting all cut up? My posts are spoken from a personal capacity! Why the hell would I complain about used games and internet when it doesn't affect me at all??

No one said people don't lose jobs, people do, people die, people lose one arm in industrial accidents, you don't see people making it a universal excuse to decide purchasing something. If you are going to argue hypothetical situations why are you not arguing for consoles to have battery packs (for when electricity gets cut off?), how about controllers that accommodate one armed people? FOH with that selective arguments using "what if internet goes out"... it goes out u will wait for it to come back on or pay ur bill SIMPLE!! You commenting on BX cos of internet DAILY yet worrying about when internet gets cut off

I'm glad you said it's not for you, now don't generalize anti MS sentiments to show more pro PS bias. My prob isn't deciding which console people want, for all I care buy a Wii U if it makes you happy, what gets on my nerves with these threads is the leveraging of non factors as core issues.

DRM has existed before XBOX One! FACT!
Over 70% of the US population alone has internet. FACT!
Damn thing is like electricity, if smartphones (with apps that require internet) can't create this much of a prob, I just see a hypocrisy from users on consoles requiring internet. Be it PS4 or XBOX One, users who can afford these systems just shouldn't be complaining about internet accessibility at all, just like it would be stupid for me to argue electricity being required to make them function. I just do not see the issue!
 5 years ago '05        #323
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 18 18
And this is a solid pro's and con list I found on Reddit:

Xbox One Pros:
Extremely fast switching between tasks (TV, movies, skype, etc.)

Kinect seems much improved with 1080p quality and more accurate tracking
ESPN partnership

300,000 servers for Xbox Live, up from 15,000 last time, according to Microsoft this will allow for "living and persistent worlds" (MMOs, anyone?)

Controller seems mostly the same except with improved d-pad

Compatible with Smartglass

Constant low power state

Download games while you play

Capture and editing software (very lightly touched upon during the event)

Kinect voice commands (useful for when you're holding something, such as food)
Triggers have feedback

Xbox controller will supposedly be using WiFi direct

Xbox One Cons:
Used games fees (Lots of conflicting info at the moment; policies not finalized)

Requires a connection to the internet once every 24 hours

Significantly less powerful than PS4 (, )

Kinect is apparently required to use the console

No Backwards compatibility

Most likely going to have to pay to play online

Microsoft will not allow indie devs to self publish (for XBLA, if XBLIG is carried over this will be possible,
also, Microsoft is apparently working on a plan to allow ALL creators to "be a part of the future of Xbox One")

Microsoft has not talked about how or if services like their TV, Music, and other services will work outside of the US, as there are usually complications involved with that kind of thing

Kinect voice commands could possibly used by others to troll or other shenanigans

5 gb ram available to devs
 5 years ago '06        #324
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 majestykagiso said:
BX n*ggas don't seem to be smart at all. n*ggas saying they'll go to PC.

PC started this DRM crap to begin with!

Some ya'll in denial haaaard!
One of the reasons people chose consoles over PC was because of no DRM... now that these console makers are doing it, then what's the point in owning a console when PC s are better as far as graphic and performance exc ?
 5 years ago '12        #325
space
space
 Austin Foyt said:
No way! The PC is the Master Race.
No one denying its strength compared to consoles (well I'm not), but DRM has always been on PC. Unless you downloading from Steam (which would void used game reselling and trading anyways), or Pirating, physical copies have required per publisher to be activated online (GTA4 and a.ssassins Creed being the most famous cases)
 5 years ago '12        #326
space
space
 JCSIII said:
One of the reasons people chose consoles over PC was because of no DRM... now that these console makers are doing it, then what's the point in owning a console when PC s are better as far as graphic and performance exc ?
Because PC's are very technical machines and are not primarily optimized for gaming. Consoles were not marketed to PC users who didn't want DRM, Consoles were marketed as casual devices for plug and play gaming in the living room.

That has changed a lot since the PS3 and XBOX 360 gen, consoles started becoming entertainment systems which could play DVD's/Bluray's, stream music from a PC, play online like PC's as well (which was unheard of first PS days, or early PS2 days).

This gen, I think consoles are primarily now just dumbed down PC's, bar the actual device being cheaper than an actual high end gaming computer, there are no extra benefits if you know your way around a PC and have the technical know how to do things like connecting to your TV and using Steam.
 5 years ago '06        #327
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 Deuterion said:

I'll pull up to dude's crib to buy the game like...

Me: Hey guy, transfer the game first and I'll pay you once I see it on my profile, deal?

Guy: Ok, it's done.

Me: Let me check my profile...mmmmm....I see it bro, let me go to my car and get the money.

[pic - click to view]

true
 5 years ago '12        #328
space
space
 majestykagiso said:
DRM has existed before XBOX One! FACT!
Over 70% of the US population alone has internet. FACT!
Damn thing is like electricity, if smartphones (with apps that require internet) can't create this much of a prob, I just see a hypocrisy from users on consoles requiring internet. Be it PS4 or XBOX One, users who can afford these systems just shouldn't be complaining about internet accessibility at all, just like it would be stupid for me to argue electricity being required to make them function. I just do not see the issue!
Also 77 million people own a 360....45 or 46 million of them are xbox live users/subscribers....Its pretty easy to see whats going on here.

Those 46 milion people who pay to play xbl are also the ones buying arcade games, using premium apps, and buying ms points....those are people who continue to invest in their console after getting it off the shelf. So they catered the console to fit those people

The whole going digital thing is pretty cool IMO....so is putting more money into publishers hands....Lets talk about seeing publishers/developers we all grew up with closing because of sales slipping or the second hand game market completely eradicating royalties received from sales....Now that publishers have a chance to make more money, while being able to deliver content in a low cost digital format it gives us a chance to see more games....Look at companies like Squaresoft whose stock has went to sh*t over the past 7 years and games like Final Fantasy Versus 13 that were supposed to be released can't make it out cause they gotta try and earn money through FF13 re-releases and spin offs....

More money for developers and a digital format means bigger teams working on games since distribution costs are avoided, bigger games and better engines built since the resources are there, and MORE games being released since the chance for more revenue exists. Thats a win for the industry, and for gamers.
 06-07-2013, 09:43 AM         #329
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
Are you aware of the piracy that went on during the xbox 360 days? Tons of people were getting consoles modded and playing offline, hell some play online...we got a huge group of them here who do it now...sh*t I know a 13 year old kid who does it for 60 dollars on craigslist with his dad

Its obvious the online check in is a measure taken to curb the piracy they experienced with the 360. A bx user once said he spent 75 bucks getting his console modded by a 17 year old kid who then gave him 10 free games or some bullsh*t. Thats 600 dollars in lost revenue on the first day of his console being modded

I personally could care less about the online check, don't let people borrow my games, and all my friends have their own consoles and their own games so we won't ever have an issue with this

I plan on getting an Xbox one, and a PS4 whether or not they use this type of system. Could care less
Having to go online once to authenticate would prevent that. Piracy is not going to be stopped by this. The first thing a hacker will do is bypass the online requirement.

The point is to check ONCE the authentication of a game by going online the first time you play the game. If you do not legally own a game, you would fail the initial online check. There is no need to continue to check that game. It has already been verified. PCs use this now with Steam. It works just fine.

MS did not need the 24 hour limit for piracy. That is just false. It is not going to prevent piracy either. Hackers will get around that if they get access to the console.
 5 years ago '12        #330
space
space
For the record its a system Sony is going to have to accept whether people like it or not.

Activision, Take Two Interactive, Ubisoft, and Electronic Arts have been pushing for this for years...and they're all throwing their weight behind MS.....I really think that was the point of EA/Activision being present at the console reveal...pretty much showing that the biggest games sales wise are going to be supporters of this system.

If Sony doesn't follow suit with the used game sh*t or the drm thing...that means companies stand to make less money putting games on the ps4. Its that simple
 5 years ago '12        #331
space
space
 xeduran said:
Having to go online once to authenticate would prevent that. Piracy is not going to be stopped by this. The first thing a hacker will do is bypass the online requirement.

The point is to check ONCE the authentication of a game by going online the first time you play the game. If you do not legally own a game, you would fail the initial online check. There is no need to continue to check that game. It has already been verified. PCs use this now with Steam. It works just fine.

MS did not need the 24 hour limit for piracy. That is just false. It is not going to prevent piracy either. Hackers will get around that if they get access to the console.
Piracy in some shape, form, or fashion will never be stopped. Not today, not 100 years from now....but it can curb piracy....

What happens if a pirate has a system that bypasses the online check today but an update to the systems firmware comes out 2 weeks from now that can block that piracy....Kinda like how Apple was with the Iphone 3G when they would release updates that could block jailbreaks it couldn't block before...

If they only check it once at the initial install and not after updating their firmware for whatever new technologies are out? Then they lose out...this system means they can update your firmware/security on your system for whatever new sh*t hackers/pirates are doing and continue to block stolen material.
 5 years ago '12        #332
space
space
 xeduran said:

And hackers get around steam and play steam games for free as well. You can't play the game online but you can atleast play the pirated game.....as it stands you can't do that with the XB1
 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM         #333
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
For the record its a system Sony is going to have to accept whether people like it or not.

Activision, Take Two Interactive, Ubisoft, and Electronic Arts have been pushing for this for years...and they're all throwing their weight behind MS.....I really think that was the point of EA/Activision being present at the console reveal...pretty much showing that the biggest games sales wise are going to be supporters of this system.

If Sony doesn't follow suit with the used game sh*t or the drm thing...that means companies stand to make less money putting games on the ps4. Its that simple
Developers will not abandon Sony, especially if consumers rally behind Sony. Developers are not going to miss out on a larger base (in the case people abandon MS for Sony) just because Sony is not implemented the same used game system. Developers will only do what they can get away with. Consumers have the ultimate say with their wallets.

With that said, Sony is probably going to have a similar system. Although it looks like they will most likely only have an initial online authentication like I have been stating (works fine for Steam) and then you can play offline for as long as you want.
 5 years ago '05        #334
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
so can we still play the after we let a friend borrow it? eg if its a co op game can we play it together?
 5 years ago '06        #335
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
xbox set trends

xbox gives no fu*ks

xbox showed you the console....all requirements and features

next up

XBOX GAMES MONDAYYYYYYYYYYY
 06-07-2013, 09:53 AM         #336
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
And hackers get around steam and play steam games for free as well. You can't play the game online but you can atleast play the pirated game.....as it stands you can't do that with the XB1

You just do not get it. Steam games are pirated just like normal games are on PCs. There is no system protection for PCs. There is for the consoles. It is not like you can just hack a game and it works. Even without online authentication this is not possible on a console. Has nothing to do with internet connectivity.

If hackers get access to the Xbox One, the online requirement becomes useless because the system protection is gone. That requirement is looked for in the OS, if you hack the OS you can remove that requirement.
 5 years ago '06        #337
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
 Mr Hyde said:
so can we still play the after we let a friend borrow it? eg if its a co op game can we play it together?
Idoubt it....if you lend it to him...its his till he gives it back
 5 years ago '12        #338
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Also 77 million people own a 360....45 or 46 million of them are xbox live users/subscribers....Its pretty easy to see whats going on here.

Those 46 milion people who pay to play xbl are also the ones buying arcade games, using premium apps, and buying ms points....those are people who continue to invest in their console after getting it off the shelf. So they catered the console to fit those people

The whole going digital thing is pretty cool IMO....so is putting more money into publishers hands....Lets talk about seeing publishers/developers we all grew up with closing because of sales slipping or the second hand game market completely eradicating royalties received from sales....Now that publishers have a chance to make more money, while being able to deliver content in a low cost digital format it gives us a chance to see more games....Look at companies like Squaresoft whose stock has went to sh*t over the past 7 years and games like Final Fantasy Versus 13 that were supposed to be released can't make it out cause they gotta try and earn money through FF13 re-releases and spin offs....

More money for developers and a digital format means bigger teams working on games since distribution costs are avoided, bigger games and better engines built since the resources are there, and MORE games being released since the chance for more revenue exists. Thats a win for the industry, and for gamers.
I'm not pro DRM but what u said is 100% truth. I think also a lot of BX users are oblivious to the fact of how many studios have closed shop since the current next gen systems! I might not like it, but piracy out there has crippled lots of studios.

Some of these games cost 100's of millions to develop (Exception of yearly titles). I don't want to speculate on the future of developers, but I understand they are businesses at the end of the day, and selling 1 million Tomb Raider copies or whatever when the game costs sky rocketing to develop isn't sustainable at all.

Team Bondi, Midway, THQ...

All big developers who folded this generation! It's just reality sadly! Gamers wanting DRM free games sounds great, but it won't save a THQ being $665m in the red even with a successful series as the WWE games!
 5 years ago '04        #339
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541 OP
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Used games are k!lling the industry more than Piracy ever will.
 5 years ago '07        #340
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
Yet another XB1 thread doing numbers thanks to the Sony fans that werent going to get the Xbox1 but yet still decided to sit up at 4 a.m. complaining about it
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago