Microsoft Details Xbox One Used Games, Always Online

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
40 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #301
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 6924 6924
feel bad for n*ggas who don't got the internet
 5 years ago '05        #302
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,631 | Props total: 13709 13709
 ALLEEK said:
And its actually way worse. Wait until he buys a Ubisoft game like Watch Dogs or a.ssassins Creed 4 and Ubisofts wack a.ss Uplay service tells him that 60 dollar purchase is 'under review for verification".....hes gonna have to fax in a photo id, proof of purchase and a receipt and wait 10 business days to even play

Thats the kind of sh*t PC Gamers been dealing with regarding Ubisoft since AC:Revelations

But yeah, go PC and act like it'll all be okay
Exactly. I don't get how people have no problem with DRM on PC but cry when DRM comes to consoles.

KURUPTION!!! said:
I don't have an issue with it personally. I'd love for you to tell me where I said that. I've said several times that personally I have no issue with it because I do use Steam currently and if they do discounts in the same manner is see no issue at all. I'm just saying that not being able to game at all if your not connected is not a good look for some. Steam does have an offline mode. I don't use it, but it's there.
It's obvious you have an issue with it because you're in here complaining about it. Steam has an offline mode but there are still games that aren't on Steam (like the ones mentioned above) that make you do verifications checks on there servers before each time you play. These verification checks are the future of gaming because publishers are tired of the losing money to piracy and secondhand sales. It sounds like most of ya'll will need to quit gaming this generation.
 5 years ago '04        #303
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,863 | Props total: 17360 17360
 Austin Foyt said:
been waiting for this.
you can already do this on ps3
 5 years ago '05        #304
MSSoldier 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,957 | Props total: 1461 1461
So I understand their whole "At Microsoft, we prioritize your privacy" thing, but what happens when the FBI demands them to turn over all their data like they've just done to Google, Verizon, and countless other corporations?
 5 years ago '12        #305
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3991 3991
 Hovi Bryant said:
Microsoft should have told these fu*king publishers to make better games and stop basing quality over arbitrary review scores on metacritic.

These n*ggas don't know how to make a quality game anymore.

There are some games I have not traded or sold. If so, I purchased another copy.

Annual sports
The Elder Scrolls
Mass Effect
Halo
Gears
Call of Duty
Grand Theft Auto IV
Batman
Borderlands

These publishers get hung up on graphics, cut-scenes, cod-esque multiplayer and other bullsh*t features to make you hold on to a game.

They need to see what makes a game irresistible to play.

Call of Duty has a lot of RPG elements within the multiplayer. It's what makes it addicting to play.

Real RPG's have large worlds, many paths to take, and several different characters to create.

GTA is open world. Enough said.

Yet there are so few of these games. A lot of CoD clones that don't introduce a whole lot of new sh*t.
I agree with that, I hope we get a better variety of games next gen. Most games that i've played this gen i play them for like a week and then i'm bored with em. We need some new sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #306
space
space
 erickonasis said:
you can already do this on ps3
i know, but i don't have a PS3...
 5 years ago '04        #307
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,863 | Props total: 17360 17360
 xeduran said:
People on here are not seeing the bigger picture. Since I game mostly on a PC and use consoles only for exclusives, I already only buy games new. A lot of PC games do have DRM. I buy mostly from Steam so I cannot resell them. Of course, Steam has huge discounts. I can get some Steam games for as little as a few bucks. Even big name titles quite often drop to $30 or $20 after some time.

The main thing I am concerned about is that we as consumers are losing our ownership rights. Little by little we are moving away from ownership to licensing/leasing everything. This is not good at all. It is not going to stop at video games. Once other industries see that they can be successful by locking out the used market, they will.

These DRM implementations are using piracy as a scapegoat. It is being used to eliminate the used gaming market and force you into licensing games as opposed to actually owning them.

I truly feel sorry for those who rent games because you are basically screwed. Those days are over. Those who made a living buying and selling their used games, those days are done. If anything this is going to make piracy become larger. If either the Xbox One or PS4 ever gets hacked, I can see a lot of people buying two of them and modding one for pirated games.

There are some positives from what was released and I am glad MS finally addressed the issue at least. I still need to see some very good exclusives to justify my purchase of an Xbox One. For now I will probably only get the PS4 and use my PC for the third parties. I know what Sony offers that I enjoy. This gen MS didn't really offer me much, even though I do own an Xbox 360. Unless MS releases some new IPs that look good, I am skipping on the One. Especially with the hardware being lesser than the PS4.

What would be nice to see is huge discounts like Steam has. I entirely doubt it from the consoles though.
Best post in this thread
 5 years ago '12        #308
space
space
 MSSoldier said:
So I understand their whole "At Microsoft, we prioritize your privacy" thing, but what happens when the FBI demands them to turn over all their data like they've just done to Google, Verizon, and countless other corporations?
shut the fu*k up, there is a 100% chance that you have nothing to hide.
 5 years ago '06        #309
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Mr I 95 said:
top thread on reddit

What everyone isn't seeing here the massive potential to get back at them if you do buy the X-bone. Spending hours, and I mean HOURS, standing with your groin in front of the kinect camera, pants down, helicopter d!cking. All of their mined data will be thousands of hours of meatspin. Bonus points for playing the song while doing it.

First, evidence of Microsoft listening to Skype conversations. Then, the PRISM system is leaked, showing that companies like Microsoft let the US government see everything that their users do with e-mail, etc. Now Microsoft wants you to believe that the Kinect, which is turned on and conected to the Internet all the time doesn't spy on you?
 5 years ago '11        #310
STRIVERS LIFE 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,876 | Props total: 3982 3982
Just speaking for myself when I say:

If XB1 sticks to requiring an internet connection, I simply won't buy it. If Sony, for whatever reason, decided to follow suit, I'm done with the PS4 as well. I can afford high speed internet but the whole idea is blasphemous because it takes what should be a user owned and operated device and creates a dependency on them in order to operate. Imagine if you bought a car that wouldn't crank without a once a day connection with the manufacturer. Or a computer OS that wouldn't boot without dialing into Apple or MS every 24 hours.

What I'm gathering bothers gamers the most here is that there is a dangerous precedent being set where what you buy isn't truly yours anymore and because gaming is on the cusp of consumer technology, other industries may take cues from this if it is allowed to continue. For the gamers without a stable internet connection, what's left? A call-in number you have to call daily just to play your games? I'm no fanboy for either side but the implications are utterly ridiculous to me.
 5 years ago '08        #311
Kewop Decam 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$15,983 | Props total: 9754 9754
 xeduran said:
The fact that you could do whatever you wanted with the game effectively means you owned the game. There is no law against selling a used game, therefore you own it. If it were just a license, then the developer could actually sue you for reselling that license. AutoCAD has done this and won before. Go look it up. So please miss me with that nonsense.
this only happened because of how that type software which I use for work (max, Zbrush, photoshop, ect) is sold. They don't give a sh*t if you resell the newest version, they care when you resell the older version when a new one is out because THEY don't sell old versions of it anymore. They don't want people buying a new one then selling the old one because it messes up sales. They have it setup if you're going to buy it you can ONLY buy the latest, not an older version at a discount.. This setup doesn't work for games.

When you buy a game you are in fact buying a license. They couldn't stop people from reselling it because they at no time stated the disc couldn't be resold. Also by law you can't stop someone from reselling anything but if you put rules on it, that's all on you because you AGREE to these rules when you buy it. Understand?

It's not illegal to resell autoCAD or whatever, but you are breaking the user agreement
 5 years ago '04        #312
Iceberg010 
space
space
$904 | Props total: 165 165
Bad Business ... I'm cool wit Free Ps3 Online ..
 06-07-2013, 09:10 AM         #313
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rapgamerdotcom said:
Just speaking for myself when I say:

If XB1 sticks to requiring an internet connection, I simply won't buy it. If Sony, for whatever reason, decided to follow suit, I'm done with the PS4 as well. I can afford high speed internet but the whole idea is blasphemous because it takes what should be a user owned and operated device and creates a dependency on them in order to operate. Imagine if you bought a car that wouldn't crank without a once a day connection with the manufacturer. Or a computer OS that wouldn't boot without dialing into Apple or MS every 24 hours.

What I'm gathering bothers gamers the most here is that there is a dangerous precedent being set where what you buy isn't truly yours anymore and because gaming is on the cusp of consumer technology, other industries may take cues from this if it is allowed to continue. For the gamers without a stable internet connection, what's left? A call-in number you have to call daily just to play your games? I'm no fanboy for either side but the implications are utterly ridiculous to me.
Been saying this for weeks now.
Let Sony pull this same sh*t, I'ma p!ss on them n*ggas.
 5 years ago '04        #314
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,341 | Props total: 11546 11546
This is done to stop/slow down piracy. Each game will have a certain identification code ago it can't be copied
 5 years ago '12        #315
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
BX n*ggas don't seem to be smart at all. n*ggas saying they'll go to PC.

PC started this DRM crap to begin with!

Some ya'll in denial haaaard!
 5 years ago '12        #316
space
space
 majestykagiso said:
BX n*ggas don't seem to be smart at all. n*ggas saying they'll go to PC.

PC started this DRM crap to begin with!

Some ya'll in denial haaaard!
No way! The PC is the Master Race.
 06-07-2013, 09:18 AM         #317
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kewop Decam said:
this only happened because of how that type software which I use for work (max, Zbrush, photoshop, ect) is sold. They don't give a sh*t if you resell the newest version, they care when you resell the older version when a new one is out because THEY don't sell old versions of it anymore. They don't want people buying a new one then selling the old one because it messes up sales. They have it setup if you're going to buy it you can ONLY buy the latest, not an older version at a discount.. This setup doesn't work for games.

When you buy a game you are in fact buying a license. They couldn't stop people from reselling it because they at no time stated the disc couldn't be resold. Also by law you can't stop someone from reselling anything but if you put rules on it, that's all on you because you AGREE to these rules when you buy it. Understand?

It's not illegal to resell autoCAD or whatever, but you are breaking the user agreement
Breaking the user agreement is the illegal part. You can be sued, therefore you broke a contract aka you broke the law. Game companies could have always done this, they did not, which means in effect, you owned the game.

Game companies could have put a not for resell sticker on each game. Remember how Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis had a not for resale sticker on it. If you sold that game, you would be doing it illegally. This was back in the cartridge days. Get your facts right. Up until now, you owned the games. If you can sell your game or do whatever you want with your game, you own it. Heck in the PC world, you can even hack your game as long as you do not go online with it like that.

I think I gave you an example of how they could have stopped people from legally selling a used game. Genesis did it with some of their games that they included in their consoles back in the day. Developers could have done that at any point. It was not just that the means were not there. It was that people valued ownership more than they do now apparently.

ownership
Web definitions
the relation of an owner to the thing possessed; possession with the right to transfer possession to others.
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Last edited by xeduran; 06-07-2013 at 09:24 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #318
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,341 | Props total: 11546 11546
 Deuterion said:

I'll pull up to dude's crib to buy the game like...

Me: Hey guy, transfer the game first and I'll pay you once I see it on my profile, deal?

Guy: Ok, it's done.

Me: Let me check my profile...mmmmm....I see it bro, let me go to my car and get the money.

[pic - click to view]

Lol this is sad but Microsoft will learn the hard way
 5 years ago '05        #319
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 18 18
Directly from the Xbox One website:

[pic - click to view]

Source:
 5 years ago '06        #320
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 DJ Maximum said:
Lol this is sad but Microsoft will learn the hard way
man with all that money you saved from modding you should be able to buy any/every game that comes out

oh oh
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
157 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc