most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #281
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 Austin Foyt said:
Who they fu*k are you? We have to take the a.ss r*pe to advance, there are no other alternatives

Microsoft is getting us ready for the digital age.
Ok that's cool and all but calm your hyper a.ss down...
 06-07-2013, 07:42 AM         #282
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chuck_Remixed said:
MS sh*tted in you n*ggas mouth and you like "it taste like chicken". Damn you fanboys on some battered wife syndrome type sh*t. And when all else fails on the damage control part, just say the other person is broke or mad.xd. Some certain level of entertainment in this. Still, its sad to see. Im out this bi*ch
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #283
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541 OP
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 majestykagiso said:
Agreed on going without internet but if you are not bothered or affected, why are you speaking on behalf of other people? Are you an official "Sony/Microsoft Users without internet" spokesperson? I have internet, I can choose between the PS4 and XBOX One, so why would I complain about systems I have experienced on PC too (except the 24 hour crap)? If I get a PS4 guess what? my gaming habits will still be the same as on the XBOX One lol!

People crying about DRM like it is new and entirely unique to the XBOX, search the forums and you will see GTA4, Bioshock, Diablo, Mass Effect etc have all had some form of publisher based DRM systems even on PC circa 2008! SecuROM (the most popular form of DRM) was created by Sony!

People just in denial at this point in believing twisted facts, and as you said, you generalizing, meaning you have based your opinion on zero facts but presumptions up to this point. If a South African (3rd world country) can use these systems, I honestly don't see how 1st world citizens can cry about something as basic as internet in 2013. What's next? The XBOX needs electricity but you want to complain about those who don't have it out there?
I'm speaking on it because it's a message board and it's for conversation. Are you some kind of Xbox spokesperson? How much do they pay you? Do you own stock in this company? How am I basing my opinion on zero facts? Is it not a fact that you can't play games on it after the 24 hour check in? Is it not a fact that people lose jobs for no reason every day? Is it not a fact that people make decisions on how they are going to spend their money based on what works for them, and not you? What are you really arguing here. I'm not even knocking the system, I just said it might not be for me. It's not that big of a deal.
 5 years ago '05        #284
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13779 13779
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I'm speaking on it because it's a message board and it's for conversation. Are you some kind of Xbox spokesperson? How much do they pay you? Do you own stock in this company? How am I basing my opinion on zero facts? Is it not a fact that you can't play games on it after the 24 hour check in? Is it not a fact that people lose jobs for no reason every day? Is it not a fact that people make decisions on how they are going to spend their money based on what works for them, and not you? What are you really arguing here. I'm not even knocking the system, I just said it might not be for me. It's not that big of a deal.
You were one of the dudes hopping on the PC wagon and saying you're switching over to PC gaming. You don't have a problem with PC DRM but you have an issue with console DRM?
 5 years ago '12        #285
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,081 | Props total: 17423 17423
 majestykagiso said:
Agreed on going without internet but if you are not bothered or affected, why are you speaking on behalf of other people? Are you an official "Sony/Microsoft Users without internet" spokesperson? I have internet, I can choose between the PS4 and XBOX One, so why would I complain about systems I have experienced on PC too (except the 24 hour crap)? If I get a PS4 guess what? my gaming habits will still be the same as on the XBOX One lol!

People crying about DRM like it is new and entirely unique to the XBOX, search the forums and you will see GTA4, Bioshock, Diablo, Mass Effect etc have all had some form of publisher based DRM systems even on PC circa 2008! SecuROM (the most popular form of DRM) was created by Sony!

People just in denial at this point in believing twisted facts, and as you said, you generalizing, meaning you have based your opinion on zero facts but presumptions up to this point. If a South African (3rd world country) can use these systems, I honestly don't see how 1st world citizens can cry about something as basic as internet in 2013. What's next? The XBOX needs electricity but you want to complain about those who don't have it out there?
This kid said a lot ladies and gentlemen.

This thread is hilarious, I love the random subliminals and some mad kid randomly sending me props
 5 years ago '06        #286
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
I'm just saying I should be able to do whatever I want with the game I bought....they better cut the game prices in half then.
 5 years ago '06        #287
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 Y.G. said:
You were one of the dudes hopping on the PC wagon and saying you're switching over to PC gaming. You don't have a problem with PC DRM but you have an issue with console DRM?
Not having drm was one of the advantages of having a console over a pc.
 5 years ago '12        #288
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,081 | Props total: 17423 17423
 Y.G. said:
And its actually way worse. Wait until he buys a Ubisoft game like Watch Dogs or a.ssassins Creed 4 and Ubisofts wack a.ss Uplay service tells him that 60 dollar purchase is 'under review for verification".....hes gonna have to fax in a photo id, proof of purchase and a receipt and wait 10 business days to even play

Thats the kind of sh*t PC Gamers been dealing with regarding Ubisoft since AC:Revelations

But yeah, go PC and act like it'll all be okay
 5 years ago '04        #289
space
space
 xeduran said:
People on here are not seeing the bigger picture. Since I game mostly on a PC and use consoles only for exclusives, I already only buy games new. A lot of PC games do have DRM. I buy mostly from Steam so I cannot resell them. Of course, Steam has huge discounts. I can get some Steam games for as little as a few bucks. Even big name titles quite often drop to $30 or $20 after some time.

The main thing I am concerned about is that we as consumers are losing our ownership rights. Little by little we are moving away from ownership to licensing/leasing everything. This is not good at all. It is not going to stop at video games. Once other industries see that they can be successful by locking out the used market, they will.

These DRM implementations are using piracy as a scapegoat. It is being used to eliminate the used gaming market and force you into licensing games as opposed to actually owning them.

I truly feel sorry for those who rent games because you are basically screwed. Those days are over. Those who made a living buying and selling their used games, those days are done. If anything this is going to make piracy become larger. If either the Xbox One or PS4 ever gets hacked, I can see a lot of people buying two of them and modding one for pirated games.

There are some positives from what was released and I am glad MS finally addressed the issue at least. I still need to see some very good exclusives to justify my purchase of an Xbox One. For now I will probably only get the PS4 and use my PC for the third parties. I know what Sony offers that I enjoy. This gen MS didn't really offer me much, even though I do own an Xbox 360. Unless MS releases some new IPs that look good, I am skipping on the One. Especially with the hardware being lesser than the PS4.

What would be nice to see is huge discounts like Steam has. I entirely doubt it from the consoles though.
Well said.
 5 years ago '04        #290
space
space
 Y.G. said:
I don't have an issue with it personally. I'd love for you to tell me where I said that. I've said several times that personally I have no issue with it because I do use Steam currently and if they do discounts in the same manner is see no issue at all. I'm just saying that not being able to game at all if your not connected is not a good look for some. Steam does have an offline mode. I don't use it, but it's there.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 06-07-2013 at 08:17 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #291
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$16,004 | Props total: 9811 9811
 JCSIII said:
I'm just saying I should be able to do whatever I want with the game I bought....they better cut the game prices in half then.
People don't understand that when buy a game you don't even own it. You're buying a license to play it. You don't own what is on the disc or the disc itself. Just the right to pop it n and play. Reason it's been like this is because there was no other way to get it into your hands other than cartridge or disc. Now we have digital means so it's making it more clear what rights your actually have with software.

No one cried when steam did this because of steam sales. Other than that it is not all that different.
 5 years ago '10        #292
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,200 | Props total: 15735 15735
Always Online
As explained by Microsoft, “while a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.”

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies. “

5 years ago '08        #293
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$16,004 | Props total: 9811 9811
So when Xbox Live gets attacked by anonymous no will be able to play their games for like two weeks. You know it's gong to happen at least once.
 5 years ago '10        #294
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
Microsoft should have told these fu*king publishers to make better games and stop basing quality over arbitrary review scores on metacritic.

These n*ggas don't know how to make a quality game anymore.

There are some games I have not traded or sold. If so, I purchased another copy.

Annual sports
The Elder Scrolls
Mass Effect
Halo
Gears
Call of Duty
Grand Theft Auto IV
Batman
Borderlands

These publishers get hung up on graphics, cut-scenes, cod-esque multiplayer and other bullsh*t features to make you hold on to a game.

They need to see what makes a game irresistible to play.

Call of Duty has a lot of RPG elements within the multiplayer. It's what makes it addicting to play.

Real RPG's have large worlds, many paths to take, and several different characters to create.

GTA is open world. Enough said.

Yet there are so few of these games. A lot of CoD clones that don't introduce a whole lot of new sh*t.
 06-07-2013, 08:31 AM         #295
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kewop Decam said:
So when Xbox Live gets attacked by anonymous no will be able to play their games for like two weeks. You know it's gong to happen at least once.
Xbox Live wont get hacked...

[pic - click to view]

But what if...it is....
 5 years ago '10        #296
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
Now Microsoft bailed these wack n*ggas out.

Expect more bullsh*t games that are all graphics and no gameplay and get a fixed review score from your favorite publication because they're in on it too.
 5 years ago '12        #297
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,863 | Props total: 22207 22207
 Deuterion said:

I'll pull up to dude's crib to buy the game like...

Me: Hey guy, transfer the game first and I'll pay you once I see it on my profile, deal?

Guy: Ok, it's done.

Me: Let me check my profile...mmmmm....I see it bro, let me go to my car and get the money.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #298
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,408 | Props total: 961 961
 Hovi Bryant said:
Now Microsoft bailed these wack n*ggas out.

Expect more bullsh*t games that are all graphics and no gameplay and get a fixed review score from your favorite publication because they're in on it too.
do you knowwwww how many people on here dont play a game cause the graphics so call arent amazing. ppl brought it on their self
 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM         #299
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kewop Decam said:
People don't understand that when buy a game you don't even own it. You're buying a license to play it. You don't own what is on the disc or the disc itself. Just the right to pop it n and play. Reason it's been like this is because there was no other way to get it into your hands other than cartridge or disc. Now we have digital means so it's making it more clear what rights your actually have with software.

No one cried when steam did this because of steam sales. Other than that it is not all that different.
The fact that you could do whatever you wanted with the game effectively means you owned the game. There is no law against selling a used game, therefore you own it. If it were just a license, then the developer could actually sue you for reselling that license. AutoCAD has done this and won before. Go look it up. So please miss me with that nonsense.

It is not just a matter of oh they could not do it before, because they could. In current industries, CAD packages cannot just be resold without consent from the developer most of the time. This is without an online authentication system. It is just the agreement you sign when you purchase the software. The gaming industry has never had this, but they could have before now. So yes you did own your games before.

The online require is quite BS though. Especially since even Steam has an offline mode. There is no need to require that. I used to travel a lot for work and some places and very crappy internet connections or sometimes none at all. It would suck to bring my system and not be able to play my games due to that stupid requirement.

I just do not understand the point of the online requirement, it was not necessary. Did MS really think a bunch of people were going to sell a game and then never go online again just to be able to continue to play that game? How many people would be willing to impose a self ban just to get over on one game? Makes no sense.

All they needed was a one time online authentication per game and that is it. After your online authentication, allow people to play offline for as long as they want. If they did sell a used game, they would eventually have to go back online if they ever want to play another game they buy again. Nobody is going to stay offline over one game and never be able to play another game again.

If anything, more people will get over on that family sharing option. I still wonder how that is going to work. Do they have to login using your profile? Or any profile? One game probably cannot be played simultaneously by two or more people, if so, that would reduce game sales.
 5 years ago '06        #300
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,408 | Props total: 961 961
 Mr I 95 said:
top thread on reddit

so.....people are mad sooooo
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy