There Has Only Been 1 Unguardable Player in the history (NOT WILT , MJ , KOBE OR LEBRON )

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '07        #121
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Athleticism and size ain't everything. If Jerry West played in today's era, he would be like a Steve Nash type player with better defense, and better scoring, but not nearly as good a passer as Nash.
Comparing a white guy to another white guy? Way to go in-depth on your analysis.
 06-07-2013, 09:59 PM         #122
WiltTHEGOAT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 getyagameup said:
ok. there is too much hate in this thread......damn....

kainoa1....dude, i would give son that he was a beast back in his hay day however the biggest difference between now and then is athleticism. there were not a lot of dudes that were "gifted" as there are now. i've seen some cats on the courts on the street.....my dude....jerry west is not the most "unguardable" player ever. he had a mean scoring stretch during that ONE PLAYOFF SERIES that you were referring to and he put up some mean numbers as a youth.....but HE gets the unguardable status over everybody that's played in the NBA, just cause he's the logo????

again, not to take anything away from jerry west however if i've thinking of 6'2" people or so who are 'unguardable' the first name that comes to my head is allen iverson.

now, you can use whatever statistics you want....i'm not speaking on that aspect of the debate.....'unguardable' is 'unguardable' and at the end of the day, of retired players he is one of four guys to average 27 a game....jordan, baylor, chamberlain....

i know you're going talk about the 3 pt line....i get it....you should respect what some of these new school cats are doing though cuz it's waaaaaaaay more competitive now than ever so cats like mike, bron, kobe, shaq, a.i.??? a lot of cats are unguardable. jordan had more points at the end of the day. a better overall regular season and playoff series scoring average....and six rings. and if you subtract the 3 points that he made (to quell that point), 581 points from over 32k is still gonna be better than the 25k+ West finished with. he had ONE great playoff series. so did mike...on a more consistent basis.....and he won a few series, and rings, despite cats beating his a.ss every time he came to the hole.

WINNING CONSISTENTLY ON THE BIGGEST BASKETBALL STAGE IS A GREAT MEASURE OF BEING 'UNGUARDABLE'. not to say that he wasn't an outstanding player in his time however if you look at statistics, jordan has better stats. the numbers don't lie so, to me, at the end of the day, if you're scoring more, you're more "unguardable" in my vocab.

respect but it was funny because Bmore doubled and tripled teamed him the whole series they knew who jerry west was they knew coming into the series they threw everything at him and he still had 46 ppg with no 3 point line he probably made 4 -5 3s a game that puts him over 50 ppg

and when it comes to winning

what the fu*k you want that n*gga to do he only lost to the greatest team and dynasty ever
 5 years ago '08        #123
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 UF4Soldier said:
and u keep saying with no 3point line like jordan shot 3s in volume stop it
True, Jordan's game didn't rely on the three pointer in the first place so the whole, "West did it without the three pointer" is irrelevant. Jordan isn't some unathletic scrub like Mike Miller or Novak who made a career off camping out on the three point line waiting for the kick out pass. Jordan could attack defenders and create his own shot. And if Jordan played in the NBA during the era they didn't have the three point line then he'd still be dominating them with midair jumpers and drives to the basket. Jordan could have played in an era without a three point line.
 5 years ago '06        #124
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 getyagameup said:
ok. There is too much hate in this thread......damn....

Kainoa1....dude, i would give son that he was a beast back in his hay day however the biggest difference between now and then is athleticism. There were not a lot of dudes that were "gifted" as there are now. I've seen some cats on the courts on the street.....my dude....jerry west is not the most "unguardable" player ever. He had a mean scoring stretch during that one playoff series that you were referring to and he put up some mean numbers as a youth.....but he gets the unguardable status over everybody that's played in the nba, just cause he's the logo????

Again, not to take anything away from jerry west however if i've thinking of 6'2" people or so who are 'unguardable' the first name that comes to my head is allen iverson.

Now, you can use whatever statistics you want....i'm not speaking on that aspect of the debate.....'unguardable' is 'unguardable' and at the end of the day, of retired players he is one of four guys to average 27 a game....jordan, baylor, chamberlain....

I know you're going talk about the 3 pt line....i get it....you should respect what some of these new school cats are doing though cuz it's waaaaaaaay more competitive now than ever so cats like mike, bron, kobe, shaq, a.i.??? A lot of cats are unguardable. Jordan had more points at the end of the day. A better overall regular season and playoff series scoring average....and six rings. And if you subtract the 3 points that he made (to quell that point), 581 points from over 32k is still gonna be better than the 25k+ west finished with. He had one great playoff series. So did mike...on a more consistent basis.....and he won a few series, and rings, despite cats beating his a.ss every time he came to the hole.

winning consistently on the biggest basketball stage is a great measure of being 'unguardable'. not to say that he wasn't an outstanding player in his time however if you look at statistics, jordan has better stats. The numbers don't lie so, to me, at the end of the day, if you're scoring more, you're more "unguardable" in my vocab.
this just about sums that wack a$$ dudes argument up! Smh at jerry west being more unguardable than mj! Child please! Nigg@s be quick to forget how dominant mike was in the golden era of the nba! Smh again!
 5 years ago '06        #125
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 kainoa1 said:

respect but it was funny because Bmore doubled and tripled teamed him the whole series they knew who jerry west was they knew coming into the series they threw everything at him and he still had 46 ppg with no 3 point line he probably made 4 -5 3s a game that puts him over 50 ppg

and when it comes to winning

what the fu*k you want that n*gga to do he only lost to the greatest team and dynasty ever
Just stop...please! Your argument has been kicked, stomped, and dragged through the mud! You lost!!!
 5 years ago '04        #126
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,448 | Props total: 1437 1437
first i thought this was about michael jordan, or shaq, or kareem... never would i have thought it would have been about jerry west i mean...

he says kobe is the greatest laker of all time already... and then he said he thought lebron was better than kobe... he doesnt even put himself up there with them....

now i will say kobe says himself that he studied west the hardest out of all players.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy