Will Smith May Be Giving Up Blockbuster Movies

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,523 | Props total: 949 949
will is a dope actor so i will follow him

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #22
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 Killamike79 said:
Either him or his handlers have a terrible time picking scripts. I haven't seen After Earth, but it can't be that bad. I mean he don't need the money so turning down blockbusters at the moment won't hurt his brand. Maybe he needs a movie like Denzel did with Training Day, to restart his appeal....you really don't see Will branch out enough in roles
Which is why he's stepping away from taking films and scripts that come with the pressure of "instant box office blockbuster".. It's why he said he needs to pick more "dangerous" risky roles, i.e things he hasn't normally done in the past...

I just think he failed on the Sci-Fi route, I think people are over that.. He needs something motivational for these current economic times, something in the mold of Pursuit of Happiness, hopefully he stays away from the chick flick sh*t.
 5 years ago '05        #23
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
Who the fu*k wants an I, Robot 2? The original was a.ss.
 5 years ago '12        #24
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,357 | Props total: 2095 2095
 #TheReturn said:
Which is why he's stepping away from taking films and scripts that come with the pressure of "instant box office blockbuster".. It's why he said he needs to pick more "dangerous" risky roles, i.e things he hasn't normally done in the past...

I just think he failed on the Sci-Fi route, I think people are over that.. He needs something motivational for these current economic times, something in the mold of Pursuit of Happiness, hopefully he stays away from the chick flick sh*t.

Agreed after MIB 1 & 2, and independence day he should have given up on that route. I know him passing on the matrix had to hurt but as said in this thread i don't see the matrix trilogy being the same movie with the same impact if will was neo
 5 years ago '12        #25
TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776
space
space
$9,550 | Props total: 3097 3097
I, Robot 2," the fisrt one was cool

"Hancock 2," alot of people didnt like the first hancock movie. mix reviews

"Bad Boys 3." hopefully this the last one
 5 years ago '10        #26
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,279 | Props total: 7547 7547
Story about nothing. So he's moving on to another type of movies. Ok? Huge money out of them will still be expected.

Prostyle said:
People shouldn't even count After Earth against Will, dude was trying put his son on, he wasn't even the main focus of the flick.

Will isn't a dunce though, he knows we aint feelin Jaden like that.

Best believe it won't happen again.
Which was dumb on his part, cause his son was already on with the Karate Kid remake joint. Just should have made a part 2.

Last edited by jmheight1; 06-05-2013 at 11:32 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #27
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,255 | Props total: 12510 12510
 Prostyle said:
People shouldn't even count After Earth against Will, dude was trying put his son on, he wasn't even the main focus of the flick.

Will isn't a dunce though, he knows we aint feelin Jaden like that.

Best believe it won't happen again.
naw expect Jaden to pop up in couple movies i think Will thought he put out a blockbuster naw it has being down Journey to the Center or the Earth movies did that type of concept already but I, Robot 2," "Hancock 2," and "Bad Boys 3." three blockbuster number ones right here or at least 2 out of 3 that I,Robot 2 don't think folks checking for that sequel...this dude made his movie didn't do number 1 yeah but you still eating regardless.
 5 years ago '05        #28
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,460 | Props total: 4403 4403
You mean, Will can't make any more Blockbuster movies.
 5 years ago '04        #29
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,366 | Props total: 6377 6377
 DontHateDaGreat said:
Agreed after MIB 1 & 2, and independence day he should have given up on that route. I know him passing on the matrix had to hurt but as said in this thread i don't see the matrix trilogy being the same movie with the same impact if will was neo
also i robot. damn when you think about half the films he is known for is sci fi. never noticed that before

i can't knock will too much for turning down the matrix. The premise seemed kind of out there back then you're right him turning out down was for the best.

5 years ago '11        #30
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 240 240
 PotheadFocker said:
Shouldn't be forcing your garbage a.ss seed on the masses then

You did this to yourself William

his name is Willard
 5 years ago '11        #31
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 240 240
 Soprano ATL said:
Who the fu*k wants an I, Robot 2? The original was a.ss.

no it wasnt

i even got the book
 5 years ago '05        #32
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,252 | Props total: 2426 2426
 justinjones said:
also i robot. damn when you think about half the films he is known for is sci fi. never noticed that before

i can't knock will too much for turning down the matrix. The premise seemed kind of out there back then you're right him turning out down was for the best.

funny thing is he turn down the matrix to make wild wild west.
 5 years ago '04        #33
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,605 | Props total: 1773 1773
 SM said:

Will Smith does not like when his movie opens in anything less than first-place, so much so that we may not be seeing him in a blockbuster any time soon.

The actor we've come to know as a blockbuster staple revealed in a recent interview with Digital Spy that he's considering moving away from big-budget movies. Speaking of "After Earth" Smith said, "It's been an absolute necessity that the movie be a blockbuster, but I think I'm going to start moving out of that and finding more danger in my artistic choices."

The only dangerous artistic choice the Fresh Prince has made of late was the aforementioned "After Earth," which opened at No. 3 this past weekend with only $27 million. In the Digital Spy interview, which apparently took place before the weekend ended, Smith said that his biggest filmmaking fear was, "the movie opening at No. 2."

Despite this comments, don't expect the Prince to make a sudden switch to indie films soon, as he still has upcoming sequels planned for his classic big-budget movies, including "I, Robot 2," "Hancock 2," and "Bad Boys 3."

Bad Boys 3
 5 years ago '10        #34
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,279 | Props total: 7547 7547
 GrindPOWER$ said:
naw expect Jaden to pop up in couple movies i think Will thought he put out a blockbuster naw it has being down Journey to the Center or the Earth movies did that type of concept already but I, Robot 2," "Hancock 2," and "Bad Boys 3." three blockbuster number ones right here or at least 2 out of 3 that I,Robot 2 don't think folks checking for that sequel...this dude made his movie didn't do number 1 yeah but you still eating regardless.
When I saw Will not even able to explain the movie that well, I knew it wouldn't be interesting. Stop experimenting with dumb ideas, when there are straight forward movies to be made that are guaranteed money earners. I see "Bad Boys 3" doing well easily, dont know about Robot 2 and Hancock 2 those would be slight risks as this point. Stop with all this over the top Imma save the world type movies. Unless its an established character/movie, like these Marvel and DC movies, Star Wars, etc.. And also work with other huge actors.

Even with Jaden, it clearly what they should have done was Karate Kid 2 (If that aint next for him, then I dont know what Will is doing).
 06-05-2013, 11:57 PM         #35
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GameTheory said:
is he though?
Don't do that sucka sh*t.

State your claim...
 5 years ago '04        #36
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
like someone else said,Will needs to do a total 360 and pull a Training Day on the industry... he's always the good two shoes good guy his whole careers.. he's done sci-fi,comedy,buddy cop all that sh*t,play a villian role,a reall sadistic type cat,guaranteeed he'll get his award...
 5 years ago '04        #37
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,312 | Props total: 5732 5732
Didn't know so many people didn't like i-robot. It was a good movie in my opinion. I guess because the concept wasn't that far fetched from a future reality. I agree Jaden ain't no Will but if you had the clout in Hollywood that Will does you'd try to put your son on too. It's in his blood so I'm sure he'll get better over time if he doesn't choose another route down the line. The scrips directors choose for Will keep him limited. You can tell it's much more depth to his thought process. Dude needs to direct some of his own movies.
 5 years ago '12        #38
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
"I, Robot 2," "Hancock 2," and "Bad Boys 3."
 06-06-2013, 12:24 AM         #39
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Duntaz said:
Dude needs to direct some of his own movies.
Oohh! The hate in this muthafuhka would spiral outa control!
 5 years ago '12        #40
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,357 | Props total: 2095 2095
 justinjones said:

I just don't see will pulling off neo like Reeves did. Better for the movie audience IMO

HiRolliN said:
funny thing is he turn down the matrix to make wild wild west.
strangely enough i think that role fit him better...whether that's good for will or not idk

Duntaz said:
Didn't know so many people didn't like i-robot. It was a good movie in my opinion. I guess because the concept wasn't that far fetched from a future reality. I agree Jaden ain't no Will but if you had the clout in Hollywood that Will does you'd try to put your son on too. It's in his blood so I'm sure he'll get better over time if he doesn't choose another route down the line. The scrips directors choose for Will keep him limited. You can tell it's much more depth to his thought process. Dude needs to direct some of his own movies.
I-robot was an okay sci-film but it's not good enough to warrant a sequel. Same for Hancock. Both movies should be left alone. He's not gonna make a better sci-fi flick than independence day or MIB1 especially if it's just will and the fam. Drama or comedy should be where he goes and a villain role wouldn't hurt (like others mentioned Denzel did)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago