Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
30 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-18-2013, 12:41 AM         #1861
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kanye has earned being considered in the top 5 of hip hop producers all time. He's been that great for that long with making beats. WIth that said, this is the worst thing hes ever done. Its godawful, I can't believe people are really feelin this album like that....

My first impression is that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was about 50 times better, and this is the worst hip hop LP Kanye has ever put out. THere is such a thing as experimenting too much, and he failed badly this time.

As if the beats alone wern't weird and bad enough, he uses fu*king wack a.ss auto-tune on almost every track.

That awful fad is over, Jay k!lled it! Leave it the fu*k dead.
 5 years ago '11        #1862
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 366 366
 Illstreet said:
Sorry but I haven't been able to keep up on this at all...

So what's the deal? Is there gonna be a Physical Version in Stores Tomorrow? And is there also gonna be a Deluxe Version, and is that gonna be in stores tomorrow? Or is that only gonna be a Download type thing?

Are there any Retailer Exclusives?

Someone let me know the deal cause I'm going to cop tomorrow.
 06-18-2013, 12:44 AM         #1863
HoodGraduate  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just listened through the album a few times.

I haven't been keeping up with Hip-Hop for the past 6-8 months. Is this sh*t what's hot in the streets right now? Is this suppose to be considered a good Hip-Hop album?

Only songs I like is Bound 2 and New Slaves.

Honorable mention to Hold my Liquor, I Am A God, and Black Skinhead

The sad part is if you really listen, Kanye is basically going hard on every track but he's doing it over these wack-ass "experimental" beats. I don't understand why n*ggas feel they need to try and reinvent the wheel. If ain't broke, don't fix it.

7/10. It's not a bad album but it could have been much more with better beats. Oh well, this sh*t is going in the recycle bin.
 06-18-2013, 12:46 AM         #1864
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaymalls said:
Thanks bruh
 5 years ago '11        #1865
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,342 | Props total: 8513 8513
 Jaymalls said:
So no Lupe then
 5 years ago '10        #1866
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
If you look at ITunes..

Ye just went from not on the charts at all (because he had no pre-orders like Cole)

To #8 within the first half hour.. Since this Pitchfork review came in, he's at #3 now..

Will surpass Cole by the morning, with NO PRE ORDER

06-18-2013, 12:57 AM         #1867
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Hip Hop DX just gave the album a 4.5/5

But let me guess.. Their opinion on hip hop is invalid too

The 'average user rating' was much more accurate, although 2.95/5 is a bit high, more like 2.15/5
 5 years ago '12        #1868
Phuck Yiu 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,417 | Props total: 10152 10152
wait does the deluxe come out tomorrow?
 5 years ago '10        #1869
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
The 'average user rating' was much more accurate, although 2.95/5 is a bit high, more like 2.15/5

[pic - click to view]

06-18-2013, 01:03 AM         #1870
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HoodGraduate said:

The sad part is if you really listen, Kanye is basically going hard on every track but he's doing it over these wack-ass "experimental" beats. .
Exactly, when I listen to a Kanye album I expect to blown away by the production. Its usually ambitious, but its soulful, and big, and if he does try something more artificial sounding he usually makes it fire. These beats are just trash, they are noisy, that have sound components that don't mesh with eachother at all. One of Kanye's worst production performances in an otherwise legendary career. Lose the auto-tune and all that synthetic noise, and bring back the heart n soul. thats why we love your music despite your personality. Because you made Heart of the City, All of the Lights etc. you made beautiful music, this sh*t is just noise.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 06-18-2013 at 01:08 AM..
 06-18-2013, 01:06 AM         #1871
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

[pic - click to view]

I love Kanye as a producer man, he is a fu*kin legend and his catelogue stacks up against damn near anyone in hip hop history. SO acually I'm pretty objective. This is BY FAR his worst LP production wise.
 4 years ago '07        #1872
JAY-H 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,007 | Props total: 376 376
 Bob Sacamano said:
Exactly, when I listen to a Kanye album I expect to blown away by the production. Its usually ambition, but its soulful, and big, and if he does try something more artificial sounding he usually makes it fire. These beats are just trash, they are noisey, that have sound components that don't mesh with eachother at all. One of Kanye's worst production performances in an otherwise legendary career. Lose the auto-tune and all that synthetic noise, and bring back the heart n soul. thats why we love your music despite your personality. Because you made Heart of the City, you made beautiful music, this sh*t is just noise.
Co sign
 4 years ago '09        #1873
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,914 | Props total: 1669 1669
What was bad about the album?

He had dope songs...
 4 years ago '12        #1874
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,136 | Props total: 15829 15829

4.5/5

It seems the greatest of artists tend to make the most polarizing of albums at some point in their career. While alienating a fan base can potentially lead to even the most committed of fans being dissatisfied, it stirs up dispute and debate between those pleased and those put-off, and let’s be honest here, heated arguments embody the true spirit of what makes music discussion so great in the first place. In a way, that makes polarizing albums like Kid A - to cite undoubtedly one of the most popular examples – some of the most important albums to the progression of music journalism, as it invigorates some of the most detailed and persuasive arguments to surface. Most relevantly though, polarizing albums are important because they can be considered confirmations that an artist is truly devoted to making the kind of music that they want to make.

That being said, it should really come as no surprise that Kanye would eventually put out an album as polarizing as Yeezus at some point in his praised career. It goes without saying that Kanye does whatever he wants, and usually for himself, and that’s the kind of reputation he’s established for himself, so if it wasn’t clear to people before that Kanye isn’t afraid to make an album that might cost him a hefty amount of his fanbase, Yeezus is essentially the audible proof of this very fact. Even if you’ve been a frequenter of West’s work since the beginning, praise the man like he IS the self-proclaimed God he insists he is, It doesn’t even matter if you hold his last album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in the highest possible regard and believe it to be a modern masterpiece that completely reestablished artistic values for 21st century hip hop, there is a very good damn chance that you’ll dislike, or even as much as despise Yeezus.

In a nutshell, the sound of Yeezus can simply be described as the most intense music West has ever made. Its ten tracks are hysteric whirlwinds comprised of caustic synthesizers, blistering electronic beats, and an abundant dosage of contorted samples all spliced together in a way that’s near fragmented, but still maintains a current that flows smoothly and consistently through the heart of the entire album. It would be an understatement to call the production “raw” and “gritty,” as some of the beats are downright nasty and filthy. This is unquestionably the darkest music Kanye has ever made in tone, so anyone who was found appeal in his music around the era of his album Graduation - where he might as well proclaimed himself as the nucleus of hip hop within the pop scene – is completely *** outta luck.

The grimness of Yeezus is only amplified when compared to its completely different predecessor My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. While that album was made on a scale big enough to house even Kanye’s ego, and had a sprawling scope matched with an overtly grandiose nature, Yeezus is in stark contrast at its concise ten tracks and stripped down approach. Fantasy could be called a majestic and over the top spectacle sort of like a fireworks display; something on a grand scale that’s best when admired from a view to capture it all. Yeezus on the other hand is a cunningly concentrated direct a.ssault of unbridled and unrestrained fury and narcissism. The precision of this album’s crosshairs is an extreme caliber of intensity that is virtually unmatched by any hip hop artist of West’s mainstream popularity in this day and age. At times it can even give the grimiest underground MCs a run for their money in terms of unhinged rage.

While Kanye sounds absolutely irate in some instances, such as the abrupt wailing on “I Am a God” and in the breathless panting on the dingy rap rock-esque number “Black Skinhead,” Kanye isn’t necessarily pissed off about anything, or anything new at least. Lyrically, he’s still stroking his ego over the same topics of wealth and fame, and there’s nothing really boisterously self-deprecating like some of the lines off of Fantasy, but the extremity of the tone on Yeezus all lies in Kanye’s snarling and deadly delivery. Kanye’s ego may not be an as of yet tapped into topic, but on Yeezus it’s clear that he’s aiming to take the topic and present it in a way that’s strikingly uglier than any rumors any tabloids or gossip may have made up about him.

Of course for all this anger, what’s most important to note is that Kanye has made exquisitely entertaining music to back his gloating up. By not really introducing anything new lyrically, Kanye made it all about him and simultaneously not about him and has also taken backseat to the album’s sound that he clearly wanted to shine through the most. By throwing class and the sophisticated celebratory-attitude of Fantasy out the window completely, this level of untamed urgency that West has achieved is commonly not found within an artist six albums into their career. Thanks to Daft Punk’s very own Guy-Manuel’s hand at the production of the first four tracks, the blasting and rippling industrial-esque beats on Yeezus make for the most immediately engrossing music that West has ever produced. These songs go straight for the jugular, and one could argue that an album this heavy and this hardcore in terms of brisk vocal performance and visceral musicality has yet to be released by an artist as well into their discography – not to mention life in general - as West is.

Yeezus was first and foremost intended to just be “great music” as Kanye states, and it’s clear that’s what was focused on here primarrily. There’s a compact amount of tracks whose priorities are being memorable and instantaneously effective to warrant plenty of returning listens, and it accomplishes this very thing above all else. It’s small in scope, but the production is hectic, busy, and bursting at the seams with activity, and it’s stripped down but inflated to all new heights, some could call it an audible contradiction, and that’s what makes it such a fascinating specimin that's deserving of plenty listens. Though the one thing that Yeezus lacks is restraint and control, and the very core of why the album could be off-putting to so many is in how relentless and abrasive its method of attack is. However, if Yeezus was to take a step back to rationalize for even the slightest second, it wouldn’t be the unique album that boldly sets itself apart from Kanye’s other work that it is. Does that come at the cost of the music being enjoyable to everyone? No, but does it show that West favors artistic expression to conduct his albums? Yes. And with Kanye never being as no holds barred and outright primal as he is on Yeezus, he only enhances the replay value and has made his most consistently exhilarating music that maintains a firm grasp on listener's undivided attention throughout.

Kanye has certainly poured the ugliest aspects of his personality into Yeezus, and the result is an album that’s unadulterated in how it thrives on the throne over the chaotic world it relishes in. In the past, Kanye has dedicated entire albums to showcasing different dimensions of himself, and that resulted in the world surprised to see honest vulnerability drenched in Auto-Tune on 808s & Heartbreak. Yeezus doesn’t try to make a point to establish or display an untouched side of himself, but to take the matter of his ego - something that people love to talk about more than the man’s music – and handle it in a new and dimmer light that potrays him the worst of whatever anyone's said about him, and - as typical of Kanye - completely surpasses those claims on all fronts. The most important part about Yeezus is that it's a simple collection of the most instantly heavy-hitting music of Kanye's career, and so much more at the same time. It's the most chatted about aspect of him blown up to gripping extremes, with the appropriate style of music to match, but it's also a.ssurance that Kanye has been, and always will be his own man that makes the kind of music that he wants to make. They call him a monster? He gives them a beast.

Last edited by CosbySweater; 06-18-2013 at 02:20 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #1875
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,136 | Props total: 15829 15829
.....you hold his last album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in the highest possible regard and believe it to be a modern masterpiece that completely reestablished artistic values for 21st century hip hop
 4 years ago '10        #1876
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
The iTunes version, is definitely a better mastered version...

You can hear the subtle differences in quality..
 4 years ago '11        #1877
Donthate707 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,929 | Props total: 909 909
this is a dark album so soul at all it all flows together with his style and the lyrics even tho some of the lyrics are trash.
Ive been playing the sh*t out of this album, even the rock song got stuck in my head but i still think that song is pretty bad lol
 4 years ago '05        #1878
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,336 | Props total: 1694 1694
Just listened to this album on my Beats Pro (yeah, yeah, I lost for buying a Dre-hyped product). Songs sound a lot better. Blood On The Leaves
 4 years ago '09        #1879
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,210 | Props total: 7382 7382
#1 in 22 countries right now
 4 years ago '04        #1880
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,569 | Props total: 2429 2429
 TheMindOf said:
The iTunes version, is definitely a better mastered version...

You can hear the subtle differences in quality..
Just got that one
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy