Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1801
Marccoogs19 180 heat pts180
space
space
$10,629 | Props total: 6140 6140
If a brand new rapper that no one ever heard of had a debut CD with the exact same songs as this. 95% of the people in this thread. People are scared to say that their favorite rapper had a lackluster album.

Last edited by Marccoogs19; 06-16-2013 at 06:56 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #1802
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 S0ap said:

Yo, I'm fu*kin dying reading some of these responses. It weird to see the praise that 808's have today, the word classic being thrown around when mentioning it and all.

When you read the posts from back then it sounds EXACTLY like they are talking about YEEZUS
Props..

Im in there reading that sh*t too now... So ironic

That garbage isn't even worth a download.
Listened to it ......its like that sh*t some soft rock...or something
Sounds like suicide music....atleast from what I've been hearing.
this sh*t sound like a depressed f*ggot robot
this album is going to be fu*king terrible. ive yet to hear one keeper out of the 10 or so ive heard. anyone thinks its gonna be a classic or anything remotely resembling his past work needs to suicide.

theres no coming back from this, hes alienated his original fanbase by turning into a pop star. and he doesn't have a single. this album flopping would be the best thing to ever happen to him and his fans.
that's because you n*gga listen only rap sh*t ... do not want experimental sound, new songs, something new ... open your mind

If you merged the two threads, you wouldn't be able to tell what album n*ggas was talking about.
 4 years ago '07        #1803
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
been listening to this sh*t non stop

on sight
 4 years ago '05        #1804
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
LMAO @ Depressed f*ggot robot.
 4 years ago '07        #1805
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,610 | Props total: 5461 5461
album is forgettable

Blood On The Leaves is some of the hardest sh*t all year tho, sounds ridiculous in the car
 4 years ago '05        #1806
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,080 | Props total: 4215 4215
 S0ap said:

Yo, I'm fu*kin dying reading some of these responses. It weird to see the praise that 808's have today, the word classic being thrown around when mentioning it and all.

When you read the posts from back then it sounds EXACTLY like they are talking about YEEZUS
its alot of positive responses in there too tho ... many people just didn't consider it a rap album... not sure what ground breaking genre he formed with that album but i thought it was dope then and still think think its dope now...

Marccoogs19 said:
If a rand new rapper that no one ever heard of had a debut CD with the exact same songs as this. 95% of the people in this thread. People are scared to say that their favorite rapper had a lackluster album.
this^^^ some songs were fine, but if ya'll are saying this is a classic and ahead of its time, i hate it when this becomes the norm
 4 years ago '04        #1807
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,373 | Props total: 3819 3819
I love the album. fu*k ur opinion.
 4 years ago '04        #1808
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,283 | Props total: 1125 1125
 Pos said:
album is forgettable

Blood On The Leaves is some of the hardest sh*t all year tho, sounds ridiculous in the car
The track for the whip is #08 Guilt Trip (feat. Kid Cudi). Beats like a sliver-back gorilla is in that sh*t
 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM         #1809
Contagioso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I remember the first day 808's dropped, I went to best buy and got my copy.. as soon as Say You Will finished, I could tell that this album was about to be something SERIOUS... and I wasn't disappointed. after the first listen, it wasn't what I expected but I fu*ked with it and I could tell that I will be playing it for YEARS to come...

for some reason, I didn't get that vibe when I heard Yeezus. It's GREAT, don't get me wrong... but I'll prolly give it a solid 4/5.. i fu*king HATE "Send It Up".. and I wish he flipped Bound 2.. I mean I love the beat and the sample, but I was waiting for that beat drop that whole time and it never came.

It's a good album, but I didn't get that "classic" feel from it.. and it sucks because this is the first Kanye album that I prolly won't deem a classic (in MY head).

Born Sinner > Yeezus, and it's nowhere near close

edit: New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Guilt Trip & Bound 2 go harder than 95% of ALL the songs i've heard in 2013 so far

Last edited by Contagioso; 06-16-2013 at 03:01 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #1810
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,283 | Props total: 1125 1125
 Contagioso said:
I remember the first day 808's dropped, I went to best buy and got my copy.. as soon as Say You Will finished, I could tell that this album was about to be something SERIOUS... and I wasn't disappointed. after the first listen, it wasn't what I expected but I fu*ked with it and I could tell that I will be playing it for YEARS to come...

for some reason, I didn't get that vibe when I heard Yeezus. It's GREAT, don't get me wrong... but I'll prolly give it a solid 4/5.. i fu*king HATE "Send It Up".. and I wish he flipped Bound 2.. I mean I love the beat and the sample, but I was waiting for that beat drop that whole time and it never came.

It's a good album, but I didn't get that "classic" feel from it.. and it sucks because this is the first Kanye album that I prolly won't deem a classic (in MY head).

Born Sinner > Yeezus, and it's nowhere near close
Yea flip that bi*ch back to the orginal Bound he had the first time
 4 years ago '12        #1811
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,803 | Props total: 1724 1724
Album really is a journey. Once again, he combined alot of different genres together. Honestly havent gotten bored with any part of the album. And that's what I'm personally, at the moment, looking for in any album I listen too.

However, I can understand where everybody else is coming from.

Last edited by AJtheGreat; 06-16-2013 at 03:13 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #1812
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15516 15516
Just finished listening to the FLAC version

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #1813
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
solid 2/10 album
 4 years ago '05        #1814
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 Analytical One said:
One of the best hip-hop albums of all time. It's sad seeing hip-hop fans degrade this album, as fans of other genres seem to have embraced this album for its natural aesthetic judging by the reviews I've read.

It's probably going to down like Beastie Boy's "Paul's Boutique", De La Soul's "De La Soul Is Dead", Jay-Z's "Reasonable Doubt", The Pharcyde's "Labcabincalifornia" and Redman's "Dare Iz A Darkside", as an album that won't be fully appreciated by hip-hop fans for its brilliance because of how innovative it was until years later.

The man pretty much solidified his position as the greatest hip-hop artist of all time with this album.

The only track I wasn't feeling Bound 2, apart from that every track was five stars and he deserves to sell over 500,000 units first week.
fu*k outta here with "one of the best hip hop albums ever" statement. sh*ts barely even been out. I have no problem with people liking the album, but you guys gassing it up are crazy. You really mean to tell me this is Kanye's best album, or does he have multiple albums that are considered "greatest hip-hop albums ever?"

It's a cool album and good for Kanye for experimenting and pushing the limits, I respect that. And it very well might go down like some of those other albums. But too many dudes on Kanye's d!ck with this album right now. People always have to exaggerate everything. Theres no way this will ever be one of the greatest hip hop albums ever.

Last edited by Philly B; 06-16-2013 at 04:48 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #1815
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 CosbySweater said:
Just finished listening to the FLAC version

[pic - click to view]

sh*t cray
 4 years ago '12        #1816
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
This album is wack. You n*ggas can't spin this bullsh*t.
 4 years ago '05        #1817
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 ballergenetics said:
"Step back, can't get spunk on the mink. I mean damn, what would JeromeyRomeyRomeyRome think ?"

Fav line from the album.

Cracks me up every time I hear it
 4 years ago '10        #1818
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
I didnt have any expectations for this album.

It failed to live up to it.

What a piece of garbage.. WTF happened to this guy.
 4 years ago '11        #1819
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37
space
space
$5,138 | Props total: 155 155
 freshprinceoba said:
I didnt have any expectations for this album.

It failed to live up to it.

What a piece of garbage.. WTF happened to this guy.
paparazzi.

paris.

4 years ago '05        #1820
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
Seems like this album is either a love it or hate it album. Not hard to see I mean it really is out there. I wouldnt even call it hip/hop or rap to be honest.

I actually been sick of Kanye and wasnt hyped for this at all. MBDTF was decent to me and I didnt even bother listening to Cruel Summer. Gave Yeezus a spin and I think its best stuff he has put out in a while.

Actually feel like album is too short and want to see if the rumors of 4 bonus tracks are deluxe are for real.

Album is easily 4.5/5 for me
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago