Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
138 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
227 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #1781
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
In order

- Guilt Trip
- Blood on the Leaves
- Bound 2
- Black Skinhead
- Send it up
- New Slaves
- Im in it
- On Sight
- I am a God
- Cant Hold My Liquor

One of those albums where you gotta ask n*ggas "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"
 4 years ago '04        #1782
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
Ni99as Ya boy got head in the whip to "I am a God" last night I highly recommend you ni99as do this in the immediate future.
 4 years ago '04        #1783
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
This album you REALLY need to listen 2 it. sh*t is a great fu*king album sounds like NOTHING out, ni99a took huge chances with this album. Gets a classic rating from me for being a landmark album in the genre of hiphop. Not for simple ni99as who are trapped in the 90s.
 4 years ago '11        #1784
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 365 365
In order... NOW!

Im In It
Bound 2
Guilt Trip
Blood On The Leaves
Black Skinhead
I Am A God
New Slaves
Can't Hold My Liquor
On Sight
Send It Up
 4 years ago '04        #1785
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 RZ/-\ said:
Why does everyone hate On Sight?

That sh*t is live! Sick song. Beat is crazy.
people will come around once they get used to the beat... love the song
 06-16-2013, 01:23 PM         #1786
Analytical One  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the best hip-hop albums of all time. It's sad seeing hip-hop fans degrade this album, as fans of other genres seem to have embraced this album for its natural aesthetic judging by the reviews I've read.

It's probably going to down like Beastie Boy's "Paul's Boutique", De La Soul's "De La Soul Is Dead", Jay-Z's "Reasonable Doubt", The Pharcyde's "Labcabincalifornia" and Redman's "Dare Iz A Darkside", as an album that won't be fully appreciated by hip-hop fans for its brilliance because of how innovative it was until years later.

The man pretty much solidified his position as the greatest hip-hop artist of all time with this album.

The only track I wasn't feeling Bound 2, apart from that every track was five stars and he deserves to sell over 500,000 units first week.
 4 years ago '07        #1787
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
In order:

Blood on the Leaves
Bound 2
I'm In It
Can't Hold My Liquor
Black Skinhead
New Slaves
I Am A God
Guilt Trip
Send it Up
On Sight
 4 years ago '04        #1788
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 Analytical One said:
One of the best hip-hop albums of all time. It's sad seeing hip-hop fans degrade this album, as fans of other genres seem to have embraced this album for its natural aesthetic judging by the reviews I've read.

It's probably going to down like Beastie Boy's "Paul's Boutique", De La Soul's "De La Soul Is Dead", Jay-Z's "Reasonable Doubt", The Pharcyde's "Labcabincalifornia" and Redman's "Dare Iz A Darkside", as an album that won't be fully appreciated by hip-hop fans for its brilliance because of how innovative it was until years later.

The man pretty much solidified his position as the greatest hip-hop artist of all time with this album.

The only track I wasn't feeling Bound 2, apart from that every track was five stars and he deserves to sell over 500,000 units first week.
props on the redman, which is my fav redman album

without that album there is no muddy waters which is most peoples fav redman album
 06-16-2013, 01:27 PM         #1789
Sha Bello  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
In order

- Guilt Trip
- Blood on the Leaves
- Bound 2
- Black Skinhead
- Send it up
- New Slaves
- Im in it
- On Sight
- I am a God
- Cant Hold My Liquor

One of those albums where you gotta ask n*ggas "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

Guilt trip cudi part saved the album
 4 years ago '10        #1790
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Sha Bello said:
Guilt trip cudi part saved the album
I think that song is awesome as a whole...

But Cudi's part just takes it to another level.

That's exactly what I was looking for from this album when I heard it was gonna be dark.

It's beyond me how people can hear a song like that and say it's wack. But to each his own I guess

This album is like a hybrid between the

- Dark mood of 808's, The heavy synths and strings of Graduation and LR, and the genre bending fearlessness of MBDTF..
 06-16-2013, 01:50 PM         #1791
Kreemy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bound 2 was my least favorite song, I felt the sample was lazy and was out of place not only in the album but as an outro of all things. Though Charlie Wilsons hook >>>

My top 3: Hold My Liquor, Send It Up, I'm In It
 4 years ago '04        #1792
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,694 | Props total: 11382 11382
I cant handle no liquor, but these bi*ches cant handle me
I cant control my n*ggas and my n*ggas they cant control me
You say you know me my n*gga, but you really just know the old me.

4 years ago '05        #1793
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,098 | Props total: 4231 4231
gave it a 1/5 first listen.... after a few forced listens i agree with some people saying the last half saves the album, 2.5/5.... really the last four songs... bound 2 could of been crack without the random beat change with the weak synth and the charlie wilson hook, he could of just let the sample ride then jump into the second verse but like most of the album it had to be over produced....

leaves is cool, guilt trip rides, send it up is ok...

personally i thought 808's was fire, mbdtf was iight... CD, LR, and Graduation were nice, wasn't expecting him to take it back to those days but more of a Cruel Summer/Watch The Throne type album ....this wasn't it, this was trash
 4 years ago '04        #1794
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,285 | Props total: 1128 1128
 Analytical One said:

I'm given you a southern version now. Back in 1994 when Outkast first came out people where like "who the fu*k are they?" They where always ahead of their time. sh*t after two albums in when they dropped "Aquemini" people where like . Everybody here in Atlanta at the time thought Andre 3000 was losing his damn mind fu*king around with Erica Badu's a.ss wearing/rapping all that crazy & sh*t. But at that same time "Raekwon from the Wu-Tang" was like they are my favorite Hip hop Group period. Cause they where always doing different things from beats to melody's ahead of there time in rap/hip hop. He said "People are so in-tune to here & now(what's hot at the moment) that they can't see the beauty of new art that was just created in something they love".
 4 years ago '05        #1795
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,098 | Props total: 4231 4231
^ u really just compared it to Aquemini
 4 years ago '09        #1796
Arob 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,766 | Props total: 919 919
 Analytical One said:

4 years ago '10        #1797
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 JimDinO77 said:
I think you missed the point of that post.

Another example.

Wish I could find the 808's threads from 2008.

One of the most hated on albums I've even seen on this site.

Same way how this album is, but it found it's audience and has sold just as much as any other Kanye album and is considered a cult classic.

5 years later, we can credit that album for birthing a whole new wave of n*ggas in the rap game.

Cant wait to look back on this album.

The point is that it's easy to look back in retrospect and forget how much hate an album initially got upon release, because of what it went on to do after release.
 4 years ago '05        #1798
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933

[video - click to view]

Visual interpretation of Yeezus.
 4 years ago '04        #1799
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,285 | Props total: 1128 1128
 JimDinO77 said:
The point was the change in your favorite rapper that's all. Some people can see it for what it is other can't......
 4 years ago '07        #1800
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 TheMindOf said:
I think you missed the point of that post.

Another example.

Wish I could find the 808's threads from 2008.

One of the most hated on albums I've even seen on this site.

Same way how this album is, but it found it's audience and has sold just as much as any other Kanye album and is considered a cult classic.

5 years later, we can credit that album for birthing a whole new wave of n*ggas in the rap game.

Cant wait to look back on this album.

The point is that it's easy to look back in retrospect and forget how much hate an album initially got upon release, because of what it went on to do after release.

Yo, I'm fu*kin dying reading some of these responses. It weird to see the praise that 808's have today, the word classic being thrown around when mentioning it and all.

When you read the posts from back then it sounds EXACTLY like they are talking about YEEZUS

I dont see how people are on here acting like this album is something different or some amazing sh*t. I mean I like the beats, and the concepts and lyrics are decent, BUT come on. Even wit the robot thingy Ye sounds horrible. TPain is a better writer when it comes to this kind of stuff easy, Andre 3000 is way more creative and can sing decent without auto tune. So you cant compare the two. at cats saying this is album of the year, I guess he only made it since he figures he has no chance at winning album of the year rapping. Im not a Ye hater cause he had 3 classics until he had to go mess it up.
I've listened to the whole record twice now and with the exception of some of the production the album is a complete dissapointment. He better follow up with "Good a.ss Job" soon because this is something that even the true Ye fans aren't even listening to. I mean much respect to Ye for being ballsy enough to do the album but hopefully we never have to hear this again from ye. Thats my honest opinion.
Thats exactly what im saying thank you! This fool think he can sing. Ok so he tried something different. DIFFERENT DOESNT MAKE IT GOOD!!. Heartless is the ONLY stand out track on that album. So for all of you saying "its different, it wasnt meant to be rap, it wasnt meant to be this, it wasnt meant to be that" I want you to rember that Kanye West has NO VOCAL ABILITY WHAT SO EVER!. He is a rapper and a producer and the more you feed his ego the more he thinks he can do whatever he wants! Whats next? Kanye West Sings Opera? Its different so it would be great right? All of you except one missed my point or have no ear for music what so ever.
okay we all know he cant sing and whatnot but the album is refreshing for ppl who r tired of the same ol' hip hop albums....n*ggaz not black ppl need to think outside the box once in a while....i told n*ggaz the same thing when timbaland shock value came out....i loved it for being different....same goes for kanye...i dont think there is a song onthat cd that isnt hot...my personal favorite is robocop ...the orchestra in the back is k!llin it....n*ggaz need to wake up and realize that hip hop artists need to experiment from time to time to see what else they can do....IMO 808s could get at least 4 mics.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago