Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1661
Nocturnal-One 
space
space
$1,837 | Props total: 6 6
So this sucks too? Awesome.

I'm not trolling or anything, I genuinely can't remember the last hip-hop/rap album I liked. I don't even like other genre's but I've just given up hope now.
 4 years ago '07        #1662
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
the album from hold my liquor onwards is great material.
 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM         #1663
BayArea51  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nocturnal-One said:
So this sucks too? Awesome.

I'm not trolling or anything, I genuinely can't remember the last hip-hop/rap album I liked. I don't even like other genre's but I've just given up hope now.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #1664
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,210 | Props total: 1269 1269
Yall sleepn on black skinhead tho
 4 years ago '04        #1665
Matt! 
space
space
$517 | Props total: 53 53
The French version posted on Amazon has 4 additional untitled tracks listed.
 4 years ago '10        #1666
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
I'm still heated about Kanye auto-tuning part of the end of Black Slaves. Nearly ruined the track for me.
 4 years ago '12        #1667
Docroms 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,678 | Props total: 31 31
Garbage.
 4 years ago '10        #1668
JETSoverERTHING 171 heat pts171
space
space
$22,593 | Props total: 5678 5678
 Matt! said:
The French version posted on Amazon has 4 additional untitled tracks listed.
 4 years ago '08        #1669
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
Album is dope if you take it for what it is and not compare it to his past work. He's obviously not trying to cater to his usual fans.
 4 years ago '05        #1670
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,271 | Props total: 6370 6370
 Skeetx3.2 said:
People are complete idiots. He's trying to make a different album and it obviously went over a lot of people's heads How do you not understand a minimal album cover?
I haven't been paying attention to this release like that nor have I heard it yet. Dont get smart mother fu*ker.
 4 years ago '05        #1671
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,271 | Props total: 6370 6370
 Left Hook said:
What's it look like? The science behind it? It's a minimal, stripped down album. The cover represents that. Any more questions?
Watch your smart a.ss mouth n*gga. I didnt ask you to be a fu*kn d!ck head wit all that extra sh*t.
 4 years ago '04        #1672
wh¡teboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,375 | Props total: 15 15
some tracks sound distorted to me and its trash. I don't think this was produced very well. Like fu*k it lets throw together some bullsh*t music
 4 years ago '09        #1673
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,841 | Props total: 9016 9016
Jay definitely did not want to be on this
 06-15-2013, 09:04 AM         #1674
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Loving it.
 4 years ago '04        #1675
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,107 | Props total: 1360 1360
 NotoriousKCK said:
It's not his best album, but it's certainly not the colossal disaster that everybody on this site is making out to be, either. I like most of it a solid amount; even the worst moments (the distortion on "On Sight," the Autotune disaster at the end of "Blood on the Leaves") don't bother me all that much. People on this board had it in their minds that the album would be garbage with zero merit before they listened to it and they were ready to pounce, so when the album fit the sonic mold of what they expected (off-kilter EDM and whatnot) they felt the green light to hate, even though the album isn't anywhere near that bad. The fact that this album (and the various degrees of "wackness" of it) is the ONLY thing that people can talk about, on this site and others, is proof positive that Kanye wins again.

With all that said, music critics will overrate it simply because it's Kanye. On the flip side, people who hate Kanye personally finally feel like they have the ammo to hate on his work since they've never really been able to do it before. The truth, however, is somewhere in the middle: it's a good album without much direction, something of a one-off like he had an idea of the sound he wanted but no clear vision of how to make it really stick. He should've kept working with sounds and ideas, got more input from others (Rick Rubin for more than a week, for instance) instead of rushing to finish and it would've made more of a lasting impact. It completely lacks the cohesiveness, rhythm, and one-track vision of his last album (a pop masterpiece, by the way).

When all is said and done, it's crazy to listen to "The College Dropout" and then listen to this record and see how much this dude has changed, personally and sonically.
well written sir.

One thing I've learned is that with artists like Kanye, as if their is another, I more closer relate to the college dropout, so that's the Kanye I want to hear. I'm not on the "I'm the new slave" movement and when I am, I prefer it delivered by Lupe. So now that Ye has moved on, I've turned to J. Cole, Drake, and Big Sean to delivery his old topics in a new way.
 4 years ago '11        #1676
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 clipse_designz said:
the album from "I Am A God" until "Blood On The Leaves" is great material.
fixed for you
 4 years ago '11        #1677
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 NotoriousKCK said:
It's not his best album, but it's certainly not the colossal disaster that everybody on this site is making out to be, either. I like most of it a solid amount; even the worst moments (the distortion on "On Sight," the Autotune disaster at the end of "Blood on the Leaves") don't bother me all that much. People on this board had it in their minds that the album would be garbage with zero merit before they listened to it and they were ready to pounce, so when the album fit the sonic mold of what they expected (off-kilter EDM and whatnot) they felt the green light to hate, even though the album isn't anywhere near that bad. The fact that this album (and the various degrees of "wackness" of it) is the ONLY thing that people can talk about, on this site and others, is proof positive that Kanye wins again.

With all that said, music critics will overrate it simply because it's Kanye. On the flip side, people who hate Kanye personally finally feel like they have the ammo to hate on his work since they've never really been able to do it before. The truth, however, is somewhere in the middle: it's a good album without much direction, something of a one-off like he had an idea of the sound he wanted but no clear vision of how to make it really stick. He should've kept working with sounds and ideas, got more input from others (Rick Rubin for more than a week, for instance) instead of rushing to finish and it would've made more of a lasting impact. It completely lacks the cohesiveness, rhythm, and one-track vision of his last album (a pop masterpiece, by the way).

When all is said and done, it's crazy to listen to "The College Dropout" and then listen to this record and see how much this dude has changed, personally and sonically.
everybody?

take a chill pill.
 4 years ago '08        #1678
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 2398 2398
 Lay said:
yup, its got all the white girls like

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #1679
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
Sonicallly this sh*t crazzzy omg the sounds who comes up wit these kind of sounds bruh
 4 years ago '12        #1680
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
This album is fu*king garbage
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy