Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #1621
kriskross00 103 heat pts103
space
space
$18,474 | Props total: 15532 15532
awesome album
 4 years ago '08        #1622
Skeetx3.2 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 90 90
 Left Hook said:
What's it look like? The science behind it? It's a minimal, stripped down album. The cover represents that. Any more questions?

People are complete idiots. He's trying to make a different album and it obviously went over a lot of people's heads How do you not understand a minimal album cover?
 4 years ago '10        #1623
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21125 21125
People really now saying this sh*t is going over our heads? I swear to fu*king god
 4 years ago '10        #1624
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
People really now saying this sh*t is going over our heads? I swear to fu*king god
Ye stans

They'll say anything to defend their idol, no matter how retarded it sounds.
 4 years ago '05        #1625
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,243 | Props total: 9647 9647
^^^ to be fair, you'd undersell it no matter how good it is... So it evens itself out in stannery.
 4 years ago '05        #1626
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1688 1688
I don't really like the album. I mean sonically, it's cool. Very grandiose, loud, boombap drenched in EDM and very Daft-inspired. I can dig it for a few listens.

Melodically, none of the songs are as strong as 808s. Content-wise, there's nothing thought-provoking about the album. It's not in the vein of any of his previous albums. He's talking about content devoid of any decent meaning.

A salvageable album thanks to the production, but other than that, I think it's a poorly crafted record. It doesn't complement his catalog at all. I'm sure he was a perfectionist on the boards, but that doesn't mean the final product was any good. To me, it really wasn't. A very polarising album.
 4 years ago '10        #1627
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
 WCIB said:
^^^ to be fair, you'd undersell it no matter how good it is... So it evens itself out in stannery.
And this is based on what? I stated many times that I was looking forward to the album so I don't know where you're getting this made up bullsh*t from.

I was looking forward to this album, as I do for every Kanye album (who doesn't look forward to a new Kanye album?). The album is not as good as I thought it would be, it's as simple as that.
 4 years ago '11        #1628
Pervy Sage 
space
space
$566 | Props total: 80 80
The album is garbage... pure and simple.

This is coming from someone who liked the last album (My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy), so I'm not just some Kanye hater.

95% autotune and dropping a couple of good line just isn't going to cut it.

I'm not going to listen to 3 minutes of BS on a track just to get to a somewhat decent part. This CD is definitely not one you can bump in the car.
 4 years ago '11        #1629
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,202 | Props total: 1623 1623
album is the worst release by kanye west but will still go platinum regardless.
 4 years ago '11        #1630
Pervy Sage 
space
space
$566 | Props total: 80 80
 literal miracle said:

5/5

No rating.
"Overall Kanye delivered one hell of a project, that may be short on quantity, but sure as hell doesn’t lack in quality. Not only are the tracks nothing shy of amazing, the arrangement, the way they segway into one another, and the context of it, is nothing I’d suggest missing out on. Kanye never disappoints on any front, whether its lyrically or production, this man is a beast, and Yeezus is further proof. Be sure you get in line early next Tuesday and get your copy of this amazing opus, you need this in your life"

4/4

5/5

No rating.
"If you'd have asked me on Monday what my favorite Kanye West album was, I would have said My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, a sentiment most critics would agree with.
I’m not sure anymore."

4.5/5

4/5

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #1631
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,306 | Props total: 1497 1497
Anyone have a link to that website with all the Yeezus alternative covers?
 4 years ago '05        #1632
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 Mocking Mind said:
And this is based on what? I stated many times that I was looking forward to the album so I don't know where you're getting this made up bullsh*t from.

I was looking forward to this album, as I do for every Kanye album (who doesn't look forward to a new Kanye album?). The album is not as good as I thought it would be, it's as simple as that.
to be fair, i don't really recognize any of your posts on this subject, nor do i remember any... if you have said those things before, then i'll have to take your word for it.

with that said, when i see people talking about any artists 'stans', in most situations (especially on this board) i turn them into a stan themself... just the reverse. i think we all can agree that if someone defends an album/artist, it doesn't automatically make them a stan BUT there are people that take sh*t too far, in which case the 'stan' moniker actually makes sense (which was probably your point).

my point was that a reverse stan is going to downplay anything by the person they're reverse stanning... but if you're claiming you're not one, then okay... that's my bad.
 4 years ago '04        #1633
qutaboi225 39 heat pts39
space
space
$4,013 | Props total: 6317 6317
don't blood on the leaves have fu*k them other n*ggaz beat????
 06-15-2013, 06:19 AM         #1634
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #1635
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
 WCIB said:
to be fair, i don't really recognize any of your posts on this subject, nor do i remember any... if you have said those things before, then i'll have to take your word for it.

with that said, when i see people talking about any artists 'stans', in most situations (especially on this board) i turn them into a stan themself... just the reverse. i think we all can agree that if someone defends an album/artist, it doesn't automatically make them a stan BUT there are people that take sh*t too far, in which case the 'stan' moniker actually makes sense (which was probably your point).

my point was that a reverse stan is going to downplay anything by the person they're reverse stanning... but if you're claiming you're not one, then okay... that's my bad.
I understand and agree for the most part. Personally, I have no problem with people liking the album itself, I think it's a 7/10 myself so not garbage by any stretch. My negative posts are mainly directed at, as you said, the people who are taking it too far.
 4 years ago '04        #1636
Lyrical Lexicon 28 heat pts28
space
space
$943 | Props total: 11 11
 Philly B said:
on page 44...how dumb can some of you kids be just posting sh*t and links like they're nothing.

Hope Kanye has his goons show up at your house tonight
There are mother fu*kers just posting the links openly on Twitter!

You can click Yeezus as a trending topic and it comes up. How dumb can people be???
 06-15-2013, 06:32 AM         #1637
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
did the grouprip leak yet
 4 years ago '05        #1638
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 Mocking Mind said:
I understand and agree for the most part. Personally, I have no problem with people liking the album itself, I think it's a 7/10 myself so not garbage by any stretch. My negative posts are mainly directed at, as you said, the people who are taking it too far.
Respect.

YI-Drizzy said:
did the grouprip leak yet
 06-15-2013, 06:34 AM         #1639
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '06        #1640
Lay 
space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 478 478
 MakeItHappen456 said:
album will go platinum whether good or bad
yup, its got all the white girls like

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy