Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Diddy pens letter to Pusha and Kanye proclaiming "Daytona" a CLASSIC
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I will marry this woman for real.
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1441
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$44,692 | Props total: 10832 10832

[tweet - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #1442
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
I loved the horns and buildup to blood on the leaves. I loved almost all the tracks. sh*t is like one big experience.
 5 years ago '10        #1443
Agentzer0oo0 215 heat pts215
space
space
$69,279 | Props total: 27630 27630
 blackx said:
So I've listened to it about 4 times.. this time around with my head phones alone, and I have to say its not a rap album for sure , but as a piece of music isn't not as bad. My initial thoughts were . But after a few listens if you take this a piece of music and not a rap album its not as bad as people think. It takes a while to get into it and you have to be in the right mind-state to enjoy it but this isn't a rap album for sure its just music (yeah I said that many times o well).
Pretty much but technically because he is a hip-hop artist it's still a hip-hop album. As a hip-hop fan I'm just giving it a invalid score, as a general music lover it's decent. Very, very decent.

The problem however and I don't think anybody has really gone more in detail about this, is the fact that because Kanye did so bad lyrically on this album there is no theme, and with there being no theme it's just experimental song after the next. If Ye is gonna do that then it's no more than a David Guetta album.

He's literally rapping about absolutely nothing, with no content while having groovy music in the background.

As a music fan I like some of the production just not all of it. I dunno but everytime I listen to this it's like he had one beat that's finished then he's like no, no, no let me add more, then he finishes it then he's like no, no, no, no it needs more motherfu*king cowbell on that bi*ch, then he finishes it, then he's like stop the fu*king music, it needs more goddamn cowbell with explosions & sh*t.

I understand adding complex beats & sounds but it really sounds all over the place.
 06-14-2013, 07:26 PM         #1444
Yung Chance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Terp said:
This sh*t is pure garbage and this is coming from someone who likes most genres (I'm listening to Pink Floyd as i type)

Can't believe people like this trash, n*ggas have no taste in music or love nut hugging Kanye
theres no justifying this album.its worse than his last and thats saying alot

i like black skinhead so thats the only track i kept.
 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM         #1445
game 1986  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bound 2 is undeniable tho can't hate on that
 5 years ago '12        #1446
space
space
 Affliction said:
n*ggas feel cool liking this weirdo a.ss sh*t
Your name is affliction your the fu*king weirdo.

How can you be mad at soul samples and his use of vocals.

I thought it was fun and complex.
 5 years ago '11        #1447
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,072 | Props total: 739 739
 Affliction said:
track 1 is the worse track ive heard in my life from a major artist

what a way to start an album
 BayArea51 said:
he's ahead of his time, thats how sh*ts going to sound in 2049
 Affliction said:
i promise i thought track 1 was a joke to the point i was about to download another version because i thought i was getting trolled
 5 years ago '11        #1448
PotheadFocker 174 heat pts174
space
space
$34,354 | Props total: 11121 11121
I love the first 3 Daft Punk joints, the middle is cool Blood on the Leaves is fu*king amazing. Album ends nicely with Bound 2 being piff as well. The main complaint I have is it is so short. Give it a 3.5-4 out of 5 on first listen and I can see it growing on me. Already had to replay Blood on the Leaves lmao. Gotta be Chop's Precious-lookin a.ss on that snare that sounds like a sprinkler

EDIT: Chop ain't on that one damn
 5 years ago '12        #1449
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$47,053 | Props total: 1323 1323
Kanye Stan's are disgusting

These dudes really took STANNING to a NEW LEVEL
 5 years ago '10        #1450
Sk8bamboo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,404 | Props total: 778 778
 5 years ago '08        #1451
bkid 137 heat pts137
space
space
$9,707 | Props total: 5951 5951
i'm feeling this album...

On Sight, I'm In It, Black Skinheads, I Am A God, New Slaves and Bound 2>>>
even Send It Up is nice
 5 years ago '12        #1452
space
space
So many good tracks.
 5 years ago '08        #1453
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,439 | Props total: 371 371
When I heard on sight I was like what the fu*k is this sh*t but as the album goes on im liking it more
 06-14-2013, 07:37 PM         #1454
BayArea51  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #1455
MakeItHappen456 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 1929 1929
album will go platinum whether good or bad
 5 years ago '11        #1456
TooMuchSulli 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 0 0
on second listen, this dude said absolutely nothing in 10 songs lol

Kanye has always been able to have classic quotables that related to everyday life. But there is nothing here.

Even the songs "blood on the leaves" and the last song on the album...(which are considered the standouts) he says absolutely nothing lol

this is hilarious
 5 years ago '04        #1457
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 33 33
Damn I can't believe how much hate this is getting. U needs smoke a blunt crack a bottle and just let this sh*t ride. This ain't a nas album, this is exactly what I was expecting. Some alternative sh*t.

And people who say there's no bangers... Please tell me send it up and blood on the leaves aren't bangers. Blood on the leaves might be one of the hardest beats I've ever heard.

He literally incorporated like 5 genres of music in this.
 5 years ago '10        #1458
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,290 | Props total: 9375 9375
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Pretty much but technically because he is a hip-hop artist it's still a hip-hop album. As a hip-hop fan I'm just giving it a invalid score, as a general music lover it's decent. Very, very decent.

The problem however and I don't think anybody has really gone more in detail about this, is the fact that because Kanye did so bad lyrically on this album there is no theme, and with there being no theme it's just experimental song after the next. If Ye is gonna do that then it's no more than a David Guetta album.

He's literally rapping about absolutely nothing, with no content while having groovy music in the background.

As a music fan I like some of the production just not all of it. I dunno but everytime I listen to this it's like he had one beat that's finished then he's like no, no, no let me add more, then he finishes it then he's like no, no, no, no it needs more motherfu*king cowbell on that bi*ch, then he finishes it, then he's like stop the fu*king music, it needs more goddamn cowbell with explosions & sh*t.

I understand adding complex beats & sounds but it really sounds all over the place.

Thats one thing that took away from the experience for me. He started doing that sh*t in MBDTF. He over produces sh*t.Some of those sound effects he adds to sh*t takes away from sh*t.On this album, It wasn't as bad as it was on MBDTF. I think hes getting better at placing certain sh*t in certain places.
 5 years ago '04        #1459
justinjones 312 heat pts312
space
space
$50,704 | Props total: 9718 9718
 joblakthe1 said:
Thats one thing that took away from the experience for me. He started doing that sh*t in MBDTF. He over produces sh*t.Some of those sound effects he adds to sh*t takes away from sh*t.On this album, It wasn't as bad as it was on MBDTF. I think hes getting better at placing certain sh*t in certain places.
i don't understand how you like this so much but hate some travi$ scotts production on his tape. its almost the same. they keep adding stuff on top of stuff
 5 years ago '11        #1460
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,072 | Props total: 739 739
 TooMuchSulli said:
on second listen, this dude said absolutely nothing in 10 songs lol

Kanye has always been able to have classic quotables that related to everyday life. But there is nothing here.

Even the songs "blood on the leaves" and the last song on the album...(which are considered the standouts) he says absolutely nothing lol

this is hilarious
exactly
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside A Nice Palmed Sized Moroccan Ass
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jas Prince got Cuban links for da feets
21 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside May 23 - tough on crime republican state representative cries when caug..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How is Tru Life still breaded after he did years in prison & neva went..
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA GS fans, how worried are you?
100 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
May 23 - 7-Eleven Planning To Sell CBD Products in 4,000 Locations
78 comments
2 days ago