Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Drake thanks Kanye for writing him 1 of 20 plus songs YE has done for..
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Godfather 50 Runs Up On MMA Loser Who Was Talking Smack About Him
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye Says fu-k The Youth Of Chicago.
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So The Game is on his way to NY to kill Tekashi
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1421
justinjones 312 heat pts312
space
space
$50,730 | Props total: 9811 9811
 joblakthe1 said:
Ight im done listening. This album is amazing. Kanye is the only artists that can blend genres so smoothly. He took elements of reggae,hiphop,electro,dub step and meshed that sh*t into his own masterpiece. I hear people saying the album is all over the place but, i dont think thats a bad thing. Each song took you on a different experience. The content of certain songs is groundbreaking and will create debates and arguments everywhere! People looking at kanye like a racists but, I think he jus put racists individuals in the seat of someone at the end of there racism. sh*t is genius. Y'all gotta remember, i came in this thread talking negative thinking it would be trash. He changed my mind. sh*t is inspiring. No artists can do what this man did musically and make it as enjoyable. He put capleton on a fu*kin electro joint and made that sh*t urban. Crazy! I cant stand electro music unless its being played in a party environment. n*gga put it in a hip hop perspective and made it enjoyable. I know some may say im wylin with this comment but when kanye's career is over, he will be regarded as the greatest hip-hop artists to ever do it. Musically, he's light years ahead of anyone to ever do it. n*gga takes risks that a lot of artists fear. Not jus hip hop. Im talking about any genre. I feel like a d!ckhead doubting that this would be dope. Too early to determine if its a classic but, in time it will be.
you get what i said earlier?
 5 years ago '05        #1422
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,395 | Props total: 4527 4527
I gotta admit..I expected to either love or hate this joint. I've got two more tracks to go so I won't say it's one way yet..but I'm actually on the fence. There's a few songs that I absolutely never need to hear again(I am a God/I'm In It/On Sight), but I thought Hold My Liquor, Guilt Trip, New Slaves(Didn't hear it previously), Blood on the Leaves were fairly dope. Guess I need a couple more listens before I really know where I rate this.
 5 years ago '13        #1423
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,259 | Props total: 12345 12345
 joblakthe1 said:
Ight im done listening. This album is amazing. Kanye is the only artists that can blend genres so smoothly. He took elements of reggae,hiphop,electro,dub step and meshed that sh*t into his own masterpiece. I hear people saying the album is all over the place but, i dont think thats a bad thing. Each song took you on a different experience. The content of certain songs is groundbreaking and will create debates and arguments everywhere! People looking at kanye like a racists but, I think he jus put racists individuals in the seat of someone at the end of there racism. sh*t is genius. Y'all gotta remember, i came in this thread talking negative thinking it would be trash. He changed my mind. sh*t is inspiring. No artists can do what this man did musically and make it as enjoyable. He put capleton on a fu*kin electro joint and made that sh*t urban. Crazy! I cant stand electro music unless its being played in a party environment. n*gga put it in a hip hop perspective and made it enjoyable. I know some may say im wylin with this comment but when kanye's career is over, he will be regarded as the greatest hip-hop artists to ever do it. Musically, he's light years ahead of anyone to ever do it. n*gga takes risks that a lot of artists fear. Not jus hip hop. Im talking about any genre. I feel like a d!ckhead doubting that this would be dope. Too early to determine if its a classic but, in time it will be.
Madlib and Fly Lo took more risk then him though.

Also don't forget Dilla.

I say top 5 though
 5 years ago '10        #1424
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,299 | Props total: 9435 9435
 justinjones said:
you get what i said earlier?
Yea! Meant to end my post commenting on that. Tag me on Sunday once you release the tape!!!

Im ready!
 06-14-2013, 07:09 PM         #1425
rkn0720  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
I gotta admit..I expected to either love or hate this joint. I've got two more tracks to go so I won't say it's one way yet..but I'm actually on the fence. There's a few songs that I absolutely never need to hear again(I am a God/I'm In It/On Sight), but I thought Hold My Liquor, Guilt Trip, New Slaves(Didn't hear it previously), Blood on the Leaves were fairly dope. Guess I need a couple more listens before I really know where I rate this.
I'm in it may be the best song on the CD! That beat switch when the reggae guy starts rapping is EPIC. EPIC.
 5 years ago '07        #1426
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
space
$87,678 | Props total: 16229 16229
5.5/10...
 06-14-2013, 07:11 PM         #1427
BayArea51  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
put on them head phones
[pic - click to view]

you hermits love this album dont lie
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #1428
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
You too...?
fuk it.

hey jo you wanna be drake and i be 40 on this
 5 years ago '05        #1429
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,395 | Props total: 4527 4527
Bound 2 might be the perfect marriage between all sides of Kanye. That sh*t was dope to me.
 5 years ago '10        #1430
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8494 8494
these beats sound random as fu*k
 5 years ago '12        #1431
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
Beats by Dre audio on my HTC one plus headphones. This CD is nominated for album of the year by me.
 5 years ago '10        #1432
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
 Sir Bangz said:
Madlib and Fly Lo took more risk then him though.

Also don't forget Dilla.

I say top 5 though
Good Point. I dont think madlib wouldve touched some of the sh*t that kanye experimented with tho. Could be wrong.
 06-14-2013, 07:15 PM         #1433
BayArea51  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Affliction said:
track 1 is the worse track ive heard in my life from a major artist

what a way to start an album
he's ahead of his time, thats how sh*ts going to sound in 2049
 5 years ago '08        #1434
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 534 534
This isn't at all what I suspected but I like it a lot actually.

It seems like it's heavily influenced by dancehall....I'm Jamaican.

I think it's a good album and I can see how someone will hear this and think it's terrible.
 5 years ago '04        #1435
space
space
 JetsLost said:
This isn't at all what I suspected but I like it a lot actually.

It seems like it's heavily influenced by dancehall....I'm Jamaican.

I think it's a good album and I can see how someone will hear this and think it's terrible.
that the route that good music is going. they did the same on pusha's tape with the influence
 5 years ago '10        #1436
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,748 | Props total: 16570 16570
Finally hearing this album..

Guess this will be another personal favorite like 808's

Dont understand the hate...

Just seems like the farther away from "College Dropout" the more n*ggas hate him..

[pic - click to view]

Thought Daft Punk had the album of the year.... Now it's a toss up
 5 years ago '07        #1437
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,931 | Props total: 4074 4074
This sh*t is pure garbage and this is coming from someone who likes most genres (I'm listening to Pink Floyd as i type)

Can't believe people like this trash, n*ggas have no taste in music or love nut hugging Kanye
 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM         #1438
BayArea51  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BayArea51 said:
he's ahead of his time, thats how sh*ts going to sound in 2049
 DreamChasers said:
Beats by Dre audio on my HTC one plus headphones. This CD is nominated for album of the year by me.
Kayne jumped in a time Machine

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #1439
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,027 | Props total: 642 642
Gonna give this a listen and see what's good

5 years ago '10        #1440
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
You too...?
I was waitng for this. I just gotta keep it real fam! I came into this thinking this sh*t was gonna be TRASH! I started listening to On sight and was like This sh*t trash. Then, that soul sample came in and had me like did this n*gga jus incorporate soul into techno? sh*t caught me off guard but, i didnt want to skip any tracks after that because i was anticipating what suprise would be next. Then I am a GOD came on and me and my n*ggaz was like is that capleton??? New slaves sparked a debate as soon as the trck was done because one of my homies was trying to say he was racists. The content of the song was so intense that, it sparked a debate. Thats a powerful piece of work when it can turn a listening session into a argument about racism. It's alot about this project that just seem amazing to me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
62 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Is this a real pawg?
28 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
#bigbreasttwitter
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar — he broke into her hom..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1331 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
44 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Duchess is bad af
54 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
109 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy