Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #121
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
 Jaymalls said:
I don't think you, or 90% of boxden for that matter, know your genres!
Get out n explore... you most likely illegally download your music anyway... hit Google up n download n album from n artist you never heard of before! Expand not only your mind but your overall perception of MUSIC b!

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #122
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6440 6440
 Jaymalls said:
Do you just listen to music or do you just skim through it???
Post 1 Kid Cudi song that sounds like "I Am A God" "New Slaves" Black Skinhead" "Awesome" "Bound"????
im talking about sounding different than the rest

do any of cudi's albums really sound like anybody else(outside of wzrd). not really
 5 years ago '10        #123
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 MPC_Pase said:
But you are over looking an aspect of artistry in and of its self. You say "If Kanye wants to experiment with different sounds and develop as a artist that's completely fine" but then to some extent want to place boundaries on how he does it. Just because an aspect of what an artist does caught your attention that does not mean that that is how they define themselves. What you refer to as his "Roots" may just been a page he was on at that time that is only significant because it is the spark that started the fire.

I have a ton of friends that are artist. I engineer and have spent hundreds and hundreds of ours in the studio when they are creating. I've seen people I know get buzzing off of stuff that they did on a whim or during a phase that they were in at a time and is no way reflective of what they are now or want to be doing in the future. This Idea of a "Core sound" is a box created by fans for what they like. 808's is a decent project if you listen to it outside of what you "expect" and album to be from Kanye. As an artist he should constantly tinker with his sound and why should he be a slave to some "distinctive" sonic elements that you a.ssociate with him if he doesn't hold the same affection for it? The Greats NEVER did that.

Some people are driven creatively further than others and as an artist he is doing what he is supposed to do, creating passion about his music whether its love or hate. If Ye was still in the vein of CD or LR in any way I don't think people would be as passionate about his music as they are. A friend told me you want them to either love you or hate you... nothing in between.
I don't think I'm placing boundaries simply for the fact that this is Hip-Hop at the end of the day. For example, I like "Can't Stop" on Watch The Throne but if Ye did a whole album with sounds like that a lot of people wouldn't support it.

You see what I'm saying?

It's kind of the same way most of us ain't checking for a Lil Wayne rock album. That album is directed towards a different part of his demographic group, if he said my next album is gonna have a lot of influential rock themes, he won't get a large support from the Hip-Hop community.

And when I say roots the perfect example I can point to is Michael Jackson. He started off as a R&B singer, became a pop icon, tried his hand at disco, got into jack swing, dabbled with rock but all in all he stayed true to his roots as a R&B singer. He may have evolved as a artist, tinkered with his sound but he was always a contemporary R&B singer who made great pop music.

Does Kanye have passion for music? I should be shot for asking that question. My whole thing is whether he still has a passion for making hip-hop music, that feel it in your heart soul music.

Props to you being a engineer though, I know a lot of blood, sweat & tears comes out of that room.
 5 years ago '05        #124
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
 justinjones said:
no he just performed 3 new songs from it
Oh okay. Thanks for the info my guy.

Hopefully they're dope? I really just want to hear the album instead of performances.
 5 years ago '09        #125
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,147 | Props total: 7305 7305

Rick Rubin & Yeezus
 5 years ago '05        #126
eric wright 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 552 552
wheres that drop

5 years ago '10        #127
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 587 587
So are we gonna overhype this album just because its kanye?
 5 years ago '09        #128
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

that beat

clubs on smash with that one
 5 years ago '04        #129
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
listening session for the album tonight
 5 years ago '11        #130
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,007 | Props total: 607 607
 trock34 said:

that beat

clubs on smash with that one
reminds me of this

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #131
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space

5 years ago '10        #132
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 kingjab7542 said:
So are we gonna overhype this album just because its kanye?
How you hating on an album you aint even heard yet?

n*ggas be so ready to hate that they can't even wait for the album to drop to get stated...

You still gon take the time out of your life to listen to the album (multiple times) when it drops tho
 5 years ago '04        #133
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,902 | Props total: 2583 2583
i am a god AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '07        #134
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I don't think I'm placing boundaries simply for the fact that this is Hip-Hop at the end of the day. For example, I like "Can't Stop" on Watch The Throne but if Ye did a whole album with sounds like that a lot of people wouldn't support it.

You see what I'm saying?
But the alternative is to make music that his heart isn't into... Thats death to an artist. Some people might not support it but whats wrong with new fans? I think its a dope record. Hell I would love the first version of WTT they recorded that supposedly sounded like HAM production wise. I think that would have been epic.

Agentzer0oo0 said:
It's kind of the same way most of us ain't checking for a Lil Wayne rock album. That album is directed towards a different part of his demographic group, if he said my next album is gonna have a lot of influential rock themes, he won't get a large support from the Hip-Hop community.
To me that speaks to the narrow mindedness of the "hip-hop" community.

Agentzer0oo0 said:
And when I say roots the perfect example I can point to is Michael Jackson. He started off as a R&B singer, became a pop icon, tried his hand at disco, got into jack swing, dabbled with rock but all in all he stayed true to his roots as a R&B singer. He may have evolved as a artist, tinkered with his sound but he was always a contemporary R&B singer who made great pop music.
I don't think MJ is a good case for you to use to try to make your point. In fact I think MJ is a better example of my point. The early jackson 5 stuff was soul later with some funk (a la james brown style) elements and later some other stuff sprinkled in but when you look at when MJ had his greatest success it was his solo stuff which was far removed in terms of sound from the jackson 5. His biggest three albums "off the wall" "thriller" and "bad" were experimental pop driven albums. He created his own lane that sounded nothing like the pop that other artists were making and nothing like the style of music he did with the J5. He didn't stay tied to his "roots". None of those albums sounded the same and he constantly innovated and reinvented himself. As a kid he made soul/R&B music and as an Icon he most often doing everything but tradition soul and R&B.

Agentzer0oo0 said:
Does Kanye have passion for music? I should be shot for asking that question. My whole thing is whether he still has a passion for making hip-hop music, that feel it in your heart soul music.
Hip-Hop as defined by who? There are plenty of genre bending hip-hop albums. That aren't just boom bap, soul samples and gritty drums. If you don't feel his music in your "heart and soul" anymore I can dig it, you can listen to his old stuff to get that feeling but it doesn't mean it doesn't inspire it in other people (808's was a heartfelt album if you give it a chance) as evidenced by the fact that he is still selling a lot of albums and is one of the more polarizing contemporary art its today.

Agentzer0oo0 said:
Props to you being a engineer though, I know a lot of blood, sweat & tears comes out of that room.
Thanks,

Last edited by MPC_Pase; 06-10-2013 at 07:35 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #135
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
so he has no singles out?????

not one fu*king leak and hes releasing it on the 18th????

i like the idea.....i think this will pay off sales wise
 5 years ago '09        #136
santos0303 52 heat pts52
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
Crowd like damn we ain't feeling that sh*t but as soon as all falls down comes on every hand goes up. Idk about this album. I like Kanye a lot but I'm getting a bad vibe from this album like hr is trying so hard to be different almost like Indicud. I think people will either love or hate this album
 5 years ago '09        #137
santos0303 52 heat pts52
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
 1LynguisticMind said:
so he has no singles out?????

not one fu*king leak and hes releasing it on the 18th????

i like the idea.....i think this will pay off sales wise
There wont be a leak bc its coming out on itunes before in stores just like WTT and I don't. I think it will hurt him really bad. People outside of the internet heads have no idea this album is about to drop which I think will spread the leak even worse. I'm guessing less than 500k maybe even less than 300k. Which is still great #s
 5 years ago '07        #138
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 santos0303 said:
Crowd like damn we ain't feeling that sh*t but as soon as all falls down comes on every hand goes up. Idk about this album. I like Kanye a lot but I'm getting a bad vibe from this album like hr is trying so hard to be different almost like Indicud. I think people will either love or hate this album
Its alway like that when you are performing records that nobody know. I remember Wu did that at some shows right before Wu tang forever dropped and people were yelling for the to do method man or cream. A few months later people were going nuts when triumph came on
 5 years ago '10        #139
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,846 | Props total: 8187 8187
From the snippets, fu*k is this techno sh*t? I hope this is not what we in store for with the whole album.
 5 years ago '04        #140
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6440 6440
 joblakthe1 said:
From the snippets, fu*k is this techno sh*t? I hope this is not what we in store for with the whole album.
well there are around 5 songs that sound similar to this so get ready
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago