Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #1341
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9895 9895
Who got a 320 link?

Finally home. Born Sinner won
 4 years ago '06        #1342
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
This n*gga has lost his mind. This album is all over the place. Not feeling it at all.
 4 years ago '09        #1343
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
i just cant believe the label let him rock like this.......no single no vid and the whole album he taking about going against them
 4 years ago '07        #1344
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 abstractq said:
sparking a debate doesnt mean its divisive

for example

OB4CL IMO is the finest piece of art that hip-hop ever produced. It has sparked endless debate as to whether or not its the greatest hip-hop album ever

I've never met anyone who hated the album though. . .nor would I call it divisive

and theres plenty of examples of this in music and art in general.

Is Stevie Wonder divisive?
Do the Beatles catch hate?

By the same token, just because some people hate and some people absolutely love an album, that doesnt make it great

methinks you happen to be someone who likes this album, and you are trying to justify it as being something bigger than it actually is. How bout you actually let it get released before calling it great

I never referred to the album as great and I'm not trying to make the album into anything. I haven't offered an opinion on anything specific about the album. I've only listened to it all the way through once so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. In one of my previous post I said the only thing that is gonna decide whether or not is great is time. There are plenty of things that are hailed as classic or panned as terrible when they first come out only to either be held in high regard or completely dismissed.

Not all things are in the same lane... Not all artist's intentions are the same. I think Kanye's motivation in making his version of "art" is to do exactly what he has done.
 4 years ago '12        #1345
WINsconsin 4 heat pts
space
space
$706 | Props total: 3 3
My ears are tired man
 4 years ago '09        #1346
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
the keef song is horrible tho wow
 4 years ago '04        #1347
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,561 | Props total: 2833 2833
 MPC_Pase said:
I never referred to the album as great and I'm not trying to make the album into anything. I haven't offered an opinion on anything specific about the album. I've only listened to it all the way through once so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. In one of my previous post I said the only thing that is gonna decide whether or not is great is time. There are plenty of things that are hailed as classic or panned as terrible when they first come out only to either be held in high regard or completely dismissed.

Not all things are in the same lane... Not all artist's intentions are the same. I think Kanye's motivation in making his version of "art" is to do exactly what he has done.
but you did say

"Art is only great if its divides", no?
 06-14-2013, 06:21 PM         #1348
Yung Chance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most dissappointing leak content wise in history
 4 years ago '07        #1349
eYe_SeE_MoNeY 
space
space
$518 | Props total: 9 9
Yeezus is straight b00ty juice...Cole won
 4 years ago '07        #1350
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14589 14589
The LP seems like he was bored and was like okay, I'll put some sh*t out. This is easily his 2nd worst album. It should sell though its Kanye. Some of it house so it should do well overseas anyway fu*k it. The auto-tune on I'm A God so that's God this n*gga is really lost in the world.

4 years ago '07        #1351
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 abstractq said:
but you did say

"Art is only great if its divides", no?
ummm no... I quoted someone else's post.

This is what I said
 MPC_Pase said:
Great points. Great art evokes a visceral reaction... it sparks contentious debate. Some love it, some hate it but it has impact. Time is the only thing that will where this album will rank.
 4 years ago '07        #1352
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
some good individual songs, but the songs and album as a whole have little structure.
No stand out production, lines or hooks (bar chief keef), cant see it having much vaue and cant see many people playing the album front to back.

i'm a huge kanye fan, mdbtf was a great album, yet different. This is just not great. not what i expected from yeezus
 4 years ago '10        #1353
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 1719 1719
 Entelligentz said:
What does it mean trying to be different? Thats a poor excuse for not owning up to the fact that you don't like the album and its not for you.

They're no "bangers" on this album. It won't be played in clubs. There is no radio single.

This album is art, much like 808's was. Art is only great if it divides. If everyone loved this album, or everyone hated it, it wouldn't penetrate.

The polarizing opinions and views are exactly what makes this album great. It is penetrating into each and every one of you and invoking a reaction.

Whether its a positive or negative reaction, it doesn't matter. It is influential just by everyone having something different to say about it. Its very similar times on here to when 808's came out and look at the effect that album had on music in general.

And also, all types of music is influenced by all types of music. Pig is pig. Every single artist will be able to tell you what they're art is influenced by.

This album is art. It's not meant for consumption for the masses,, corporate promotion, or to spread a positive message.

It is meant to divide, and thats exactly what its doing.

Came in to say this but you articulated it better than what i could....

"Everybody feel a way bout K but at least ya'll feel something"

4 years ago '04        #1354
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,561 | Props total: 2833 2833
my bad i had you confused with the other dude trying to flex vocabulary

you were riding so hard i just a.ssumed you were the same guy with different aliases
 4 years ago '04        #1355
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,410 | Props total: 6437 6437
 ShadyVsEminem said:
What risks did Drake the daredevil take? or Kanyes? (as if things like making an autotune filled album wasnt right up his avenue)

none. he just followed kanye's 808 formula

i guess him talking about loving strippers is his risk
 4 years ago '04        #1356
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,097 | Props total: 4108 4108
That art speech is a copout. That poster overthought it. If an album sucks, it sucks. The only emotion it invokes is throwing it into a trash bin and not bothering with it again. Theres no thought provoking going on here. The only discussion that it brings us to is why you refuse to dislike any album put out by one of your favorite artist. Thats not even a real argument.

There is no flow, no underlying theme. No understanding to be made here. Even with 808s, (which is his only other trash album) you can see the theme he was going for and there was flow to it. And btw, the fact you say it was highly influential is hogwash. Aint no other album like itbecause no one was positively influenced by it. A real example of art which is influential is Juston Timberlakes Future s3x / Love Sounds. Many people loved that, it was edgy, it had a theme, it flowed, many artists wanted that sound, many people contracted timbo, danja and justin because of that album.

In the end, this sounds like a random recording session tracklist. Kanye fails in that more evidently on this album he doesn't make music anymore, he's simply a rapper.
 4 years ago '06        #1357
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
ghostface review is going to be epic
 4 years ago '10        #1358
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
album blows. if you are going to make a 10 track album at least make it good. he's back at his short a.ss, 2 verse (if lucky) songs. best song is the last one. you can't say you "brought good rap back" on a album where you don't even rap much. rap is a full song, 3 verses. no daft punk laying down a 2 minute insturmental then u coming in to rap a few lines then end the song. sh*ts garbage and is symbolic of where rap is now, fu*kin pathetic. I remember being in college when kanye dropped his first album, wow, has kanye and rap fell off. geez. and seriously, enough with the fu*kin auto tune for christ's sake. pun intended.
 4 years ago '10        #1359
MarcusF87 
space
space
$3,899 | Props total: 30 30
 esvi said:
ghostface review is going to be epic
 4 years ago '10        #1360
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,873 | Props total: 20888 20888
 nitetrain8601 said:
That art speech is a copout. That poster overthought it. If an album sucks, it sucks. The only emotion it invokes is throwing it into a trash bin and not bothering with it again. Theres no thought provoking going on here. The only discussion that it brings us to is why you refuse to dislike any album put out by one of your favorite artist. Thats not even a real argument.

There is no flow, no underlying theme. No understanding to be made here. Even with 808s, (which is his only other trash album) you can see the theme he was going for and there was flow to it. And btw, the fact you say it was highly influential is hogwash. Aint no other album like itbecause no one was positively influenced by it. A real example of art which is influential is Juston Timberlakes Future s3x / Love Sounds. Many people loved that, it was edgy, it had a theme, it flowed, many artists wanted that sound, many people contracted timbo, danja and justin because of that album.

In the end, this sounds like a random recording session tracklist. Kanye fails in that more evidently on this album he doesn't make music anymore, he's simply a rapper.
Nah bruh it makes people think, it's art man, you hear those elephant sounds son? It's bigger than Hip-Hop it's amazing bro. It's so fantastic man. Oh my god bro you don't understand, you don't listen to other music, hater.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy