Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #1321
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Kyrietolakers said:
Btw
Same n*gga who gave us MBDTF N WTT
yall n*ggas done wit him cuz he strayed away like he did wit 808s?
fu*k yall motherfu*kers
Kanye west=jesus
bi*ches
You smoking something.
 5 years ago '10        #1322
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,855 | Props total: 8217 8217
7 in and, This sh*t iz Crazy!!!
 5 years ago '07        #1323
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:

yall just comin up wit any old sh*t now

"its not for the masses" yet he promotes it by showing videos of its songs on buildings all across the world and performs it on SNL

I can record myself takin a sh*t on a track its still goin to "evoke " sometype of reaction if u hear it..

GET THEEEEEEEEEEE fu*k OUTTA HERE WIT THAT BULLsh*t
Just because you expose something to the masses it doesnt mean the masses are your target. Kanye has enough hit records on his resume to know how to make records with "mass appeal." I don't think that is what he was shooting for.
 5 years ago '11        #1324
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,934 | Props total: 367 367
 ralph lauren said:
was out gettin my dreams crushed

can someomne hook me up.. my local best buy ran out
Hold on... so they selling the physicals already???
 5 years ago '07        #1325
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Entelligentz said:
Well, thats the point actually. Art is subjective. To some people, not me, taking a sh*t and recording it may be art.

You will never be able to answer the question "What is art?"

So don't even try.
yup... in NYC a few years ago someone took cow sh*t an smeared it on the virgin mary and it was considered art. It also sparked a huge debate...
 5 years ago '04        #1326
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,567 | Props total: 2838 2838
 Entelligentz said:
What does it mean trying to be different? Thats a poor excuse for not owning up to the fact that you don't like the album and its not for you.

They're no "bangers" on this album. It won't be played in clubs. There is no radio single.

This album is art, much like 808's was. Art is only great if it divides. If everyone loved this album, or everyone hated it, it wouldn't penetrate.

The polarizing opinions and views are exactly what makes this album great. It is penetrating into each and every one of you and invoking a reaction.

Whether its a positive or negative reaction, it doesn't matter. It is influential just by everyone having something different to say about it. Its very similar times on here to when 808's came out and look at the effect that album had on music in general.

And also, all types of music is influenced by all types of music. Pig is pig. Every single artist will be able to tell you what they're art is influenced by.

This album is art. It's not meant for consumption for the masses,, corporate promotion, or to spread a positive message.

It is meant to divide, and thats exactly what its doing.

this post is mad stupid

Art is only great if it divides huh?

n*ggas just say sh*t that sounds nice these days. . .
 5 years ago '05        #1327
Tjerson 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 1 1
Still have to listen to it a couple of more times. The second half of the album is definitely better than the first. Blood On The Leaves = dope!

It's like this listening to the album:
:ohhellnonas:
 5 years ago '10        #1328
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,867 | Props total: 7108 7108
 Entelligentz said:
Well, thats the point actually. Art is subjective. To some people, not me, taking a sh*t and recording it may be art.

You will never be able to answer the question "What is art?"

So don't even try.
Who was talking about the definition of art? We're discussing whether we like
the music or not.
 06-14-2013, 05:54 PM         #1329
Houdini  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a short 10 tracks but the songs are intense. It's different but I like it. You can here elements of College drop out aknye, 808s kanye and twisted fanstay kanye mixed with so new industrial, electro sh*t.

Black Skinhead, Bound and Blood on the Leaves tho
 06-14-2013, 05:54 PM         #1330
Sha Bello  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cudi part on Guilt Trip makes me want to get drunk and text my exes
 5 years ago '07        #1331
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 abstractq said:
this post is mad stupid

Art is only great if it divides huh?

n*ggas just say sh*t that sounds nice these days. . .
No, your reply is because it shows you missed the point. Great art evokes emotion... both good and bad, love and hate. That its point. Look at some pieces of art that are considered "great" and look at the debate that surrounds them.

If people listen to it or look at it and just go "ehhhh" and keep it moving you've missed your mark. Plenty of people have created bad product and it just fades into oblivion. Good art sparks an almost never ending debate.
 5 years ago '13        #1332
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Jaymalls said:
Hold on... so they selling the physicals already???
Read tween the lines
 5 years ago '11        #1333
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Entelligentz said:
What does it mean trying to be different? Thats a poor excuse for not owning up to the fact that you don't like the album and its not for you.

They're no "bangers" on this album. It won't be played in clubs. There is no radio single.

This album is art, much like 808's was. Art is only great if it divides. If everyone loved this album, or everyone hated it, it wouldn't penetrate.

The polarizing opinions and views are exactly what makes this album great. It is penetrating into each and every one of you and invoking a reaction.

Whether its a positive or negative reaction, it doesn't matter. It is influential just by everyone having something different to say about it. Its very similar times on here to when 808's came out and look at the effect that album had on music in general.

And also, all types of music is influenced by all types of music. Pig is pig. Every single artist will be able to tell you what they're art is influenced by.

This album is art. It's not meant for consumption for the masses,, corporate promotion, or to spread a positive message.

It is meant to divide, and thats exactly what its doing.

[pic - click to view]

The only thing you keep saying is this album is "art" -- well what picture is painted exactly? There's no underlying theme that connects the tracks. Matter of fact this album follows really no form or function at all, it's just a random a.ssortment of "experimental" instrumentals wrapped indiscriminate subject matter.

So again what is the image am I supposed to be looking at?
 5 years ago '04        #1334
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
This sh*t fu*king sucks!
 06-14-2013, 06:00 PM         #1335
AJESUSPIECE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IM IN IT
 5 years ago '09        #1336
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,732 | Props total: 6251 6251
 GameTheory said:
Honestly...Kanye will always get my respect simply for not following the trends.

Whether or not I like it, no other artists takes major risks like that outside of Drake these days.

In all seriousness.
What risks did Drake the daredevil take? or Kanyes? (as if things like making an autotune filled album wasnt right up his avenue)
 5 years ago '04        #1337
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 MPC_Pase said:
No, your reply is because it shows you missed the point. Great art evokes emotion... both good and bad, love and hate. That its point. Look at some pieces of art that are considered "great" and look at the debate that surrounds them.

If people listen to it or look at it and just go "ehhhh" and keep it moving you've missed your mark. Plenty of people have created bad product and it just fades into oblivion. Good art sparks an almost never ending debate.
sparking a debate doesnt mean its divisive

for example

OB4CL IMO is the finest piece of art that hip-hop ever produced. It has sparked endless debate as to whether or not its the greatest hip-hop album ever

I've never met anyone who hated the album though. . .nor would I call it divisive

and theres plenty of examples of this in music and art in general.

Is Stevie Wonder divisive?
Do the Beatles catch hate?

By the same token, just because some people hate and some people absolutely love an album, that doesnt make it great

methinks you happen to be someone who likes this album, and you are trying to justify it as being something bigger than it actually is. How bout you actually let it get released before calling it great
 5 years ago '10        #1338
Tesla 7 heat pts
space
space
$969 | Props total: 1872 1872
 Smiff_Beats said:
Does Hip hop music still = dope beats and dope rhymes? Just checking
I have no idea what criteria the people that say this is a good album are using to reach such a conclusion. Definitely not the two things that you mentioned. This album was beyond trash. No substance to be found here either, just a pointless album with no direction.
 5 years ago '06        #1339
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,317 | Props total: 1085 1085
definitely needs getting used to
 5 years ago '04        #1340
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Tesla said:
I have no idea what criteria the people that say this is a good album are using to reach such a conclusion. Definitely not the two things that you mentioned. This album was beyond trash. No substance to be found here either, just a pointless album with no direction.
this is pretty much how i feel

Kanye usually have some bars at some point on the album, but most of this sh*t was corny rhymes with a lazy delivery on some random a.ss beats

if kanye came out tomorrow and said he just did it for a check and really didnt give a fu*k, i wouldnt be surprised
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
194 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago