Kanye West - “Yeezus” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
227 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
159 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1190 1190
 Sticks said:
Except he doesn't "try", his concepts are always natural.
That Black skinhead track doesnt sound "natural" at all
 06-06-2013, 12:45 AM         #42
CIDF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this and bang 2 will come out within the same week
 5 years ago '11        #43
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 363 363
3rd page... fu*k!
The 18th can't come quick enough!
 5 years ago '07        #44
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 277 277
3rd Page
 5 years ago '09        #45
aziatic6 
space
space
$325 | Props total: 0 0
what is Kanye even doing ?
 5 years ago '12        #46
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,803 | Props total: 1724 1724
Automatic first day cop
 5 years ago '10        #47
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20716 20716
 ballergenetics said:
Overproduced = the drainage of raw-ness, basically. Too many unnecessary studio tweaks that take away from the character/rawness/emotion of the music. It's a real thing..lol. It's more prominent in rock, though..
 norcal925 said:
Sounds like the excuse you Kanye stans use...
I'ma keep it 5hunna if Yeezus sounds like MBDTF I think I'ma take a rest from listening to any of his sh*t for a long time unless he's on a track with a hip-hop artist. I like Ye as an artist but he's going all the way to left with this new sound in his music.

I ain't asking for much, hell I'm not even asking for College Dropout Ye. Give me Late Registration Ye and we good money.
 5 years ago '10        #48
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I'ma keep it 5hunna if Yeezus sounds like MBDTF I think I'ma take a rest from listening to any of his sh*t for a long time unless he's on a track with a hip-hop artist. I like Ye as an artist but he's going all the way to left with this new sound in his music.

I ain't asking for much, hell I'm not even asking for College Dropout Ye. Give me Late Registration Ye and we good money.
Or you could just listen to Late Registration

Hip Hop is the only genre where the "fans" hate to see growth and change in an artist.

n*ggas wanna hear the same album from the same artist over and over again

Beatles fans are glad that "Revolver" doesn't sound like "Sgt Pepper" which doesn't sound like "The White Album"

Pink Floyd fans are glad that "The Wall" doesn't sound like "Dark Side of The Moon"

All incredible albums for their own individual reasons, with their own separate sounds. And people appreciate them for their quality and diversity.

That's why artist in other genres are able to grow and reinvent themselves, and why on the flip side 95% of Hip Hop artist get stale and become irrelevant.

They let casual fans turn them into 1 trick ponies..

Gotta applaud Ye for continuing to grow as an artist and continuously evolving his sound, like all the greats in other genres do.
 5 years ago '10        #49
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20716 20716
 TheMindOf said:

Hip Hop is the only genre where the "fans" hate to see growth and change in an artist.

Beatles fans are glad that "Revolver" doesn't sound like "Sgt Pepper" which doesn't sound like "The White Album"

Pink Floyd fans are glad that "The Wall" doesn't sound like "Dark Side of The Moon"

All incredible albums for their own individual reasons, with their own separate sounds. And people appreciate them for their quality and diversity.

That's why artist in other genres are able to grow and reinvent themselves, and why on the flip side 95% of Hip Hop artist get stale and become irrelevant.

Gotta applaud Ye for continuing to grow as an artist and continuously evolving his sound, like all the greats in other genres do.
That's all good but why do I as a hip-hop listener have to hear production dramatically change from what actually made me listen to him in the first place?

To me that just sounds like well Kanye is trying to making monkey noises with his album, either you're a fan or you're not.

That's bullsh*t.

That's some follow the flock of sheep sh*t.

You can EASILY evolve without completely moving away from what you used to do. Which is why I brought up LR in the first place because he actually did change up his style on that album but he kept what he did on CD and made it better. On 808's & MBDTF I just hear somebody who has been listening too much classical music and sheltered away from his roots.

I use the "people want my old sh*t, buy my old albums" line religiously so don't try to box me in with these other dudes.

I still listen to Ham and wonder how the fu*k could he ruin such a simple hype track.
 5 years ago '10        #50
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ballergenetics said:
Good post. You still ignored my overproduced quote though. You know deep down that sh*t matters...
Ha.

My bad.. Thought it was a rhetorical post.

I actually thought that the production on MBDTF was perfect actually.. It added to the album. Those songs are individual grand dynamic soundscapes, yet the album is still cohesive. That's the incredible thing about it to me.

But I see what you're saying about albums being "Over Produced" especially in rock music.

There's a series on Netflix called "Classic Albums" where they take you through the making of classic rock albums (there's some hip hop joints on there too)

But that's the only place I've ever heard that term used, really.
 5 years ago '10        #51
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 6601 6601
bless us with more bangers yeezus
 5 years ago '05        #52
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,227 | Props total: 9630 9630

I'm ready.
 5 years ago '09        #53
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,072 | Props total: 8842 8842
 justinjones said:
people wrote him off already but yea them snippets do sound good
 5 years ago '04        #54
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,373 | Props total: 3819 3819
I'm sure he will drop that tracklist anyday now.
 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM         #55
loyola llothta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let the devil work
 5 years ago '09        #56
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
It's not dropping in 12 days
 5 years ago '05        #57
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11710 11710
 TheMindOf said:
It is..

But there were only 200 printed, and they're mostly scattered around Germany..

Every now and again one shows up on Ebay, but they go for like $500 bucks.

Same applies to 808's..

[pic - click to view]

They only pressed like 500 of these, because of the limited edition KAWS artwork that comes included..

Usually go for about $200-300 on Ebay, when it shows up..
Oh OK. It was some limited edition sh*t.

Cuz when he said that I looked it up and I couldn't find it. Most of his other albums are easily found on vinyl so I was like WTF
 5 years ago '07        #58
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
no way in hell this sh*t is dropping on the 18th ...they mine aswell jus make that annoucement and get the anticipation out the way
 5 years ago '07        #59
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288

Gotta applaud Ye for continuing to grow as an artist and continuously evolving his sound, like all the greats in other genres do
Gotta co-sign this.

Agentzer0oo0 said:
That's all good but why do I as a hip-hop listener have to hear production dramatically change from what actually made me listen to him in the first place?

To me that just sounds like well Kanye is trying to making monkey noises with his album, either you're a fan or you're not.

That's bullsh*t.

That's some follow the flock of sheep sh*t.

You can EASILY evolve without completely moving away from what you used to do. Which is why I brought up LR in the first place because he actually did change up his style on that album but he kept what he did on CD and made it better. On 808's & MBDTF I just hear somebody who has been listening too much classical music and sheltered away from his roots.

I use the "people want my old sh*t, buy my old albums" line religiously so don't try to box me in with these other dudes.

I still listen to Ham and wonder how the fu*k could he ruin such a simple hype track.
Are you familiar with any of the albums that where in the first quote? Throw parliament/funkadelic in there as well... None of their albums sound the same. Evolution is incremental process. LR was going on four albums ago. Ye isn't in the same place as an artist or in life that he was during that era. I don't think his new music is overproduced I think he's trying to add new dynamics. Its funny because when Kanye hooked up with Jon Brion for late reigistration the complaints was that it was "over mixed" and sounded to clean.

Hip Hop fans expect their artist to stay in a box that they define. Thats not what artists do. Your sixth album shouldn't even be comparable sonically to your first or second.

But I guess people would prefer the route that Raekwon went with OBFCL2. Make an album that more or less content wise and the song structure and production style (while still "Classic Rae") is in the same box as an album that came out 15 years earlier.
 5 years ago '07        #60
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 ballergenetics said:
Some folks believe "different" automatically = becoming a better artist. As long as its different. I'm all for versitilty/artistic growth, but you gotta learn to straddle the line of "my signature sound" & new territory. Being different for the sake of being different is obvious to some of us. Especially when your venturing into genres/influences you really don't have a handle on...
But what artist thats had a very long career stays with their "signature" sound? I'll give you some examples outside of hip-hop. If you check out James Brown catalog he was all of the place. If you check out Ray Charles he was all over the place. If you listen to Parliament/Funkadelic they were all over the place and I use them for example because a lot of hip op is built on the backs of James Brown and Parliament/Funkadelic in particular.

How about being different for the sake of being a different person or being in a different space? I've worked with a bunch of artist in the studio and I can tell you the worst music is when an artist is aiming for something.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
57 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
30 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy