J. Cole - “Born Sinner” | Anticipation x Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-12-2013, 08:21 PM         #621
dan99 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's a good lp, but rhymes are so empty- i sense a lack of replay value
 5 years ago '07        #622
mross16 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,472 | Props total: 1708 1708
 06-12-2013, 10:37 PM         #623
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm on my 3rd listen and honestly, Musically Cole is ON it. I thought he had some really dope beats on Cole World. The music sounds more "alive" this time.

I'm bumping the album in my SkullCandys right now.

If n*ggaz thought BIG KRIT the only producer rapper doing it y'all wrong. This album is darker than his 1st. The album sounds like a battle of what's he's gone thru, his vices & sins. Overall just coming to terms with how he's dealing with the new side of life he sees. If heads stop trying to count how many times he's talking about hoes and focus on how it's relative to the title they'd see he actually got something to say. He's got FLOCKS of WOMEN fu*king with him on lock & able to deliever content to the major audiances with a lyrical delivery. He's got the best of both worlds going for him with that. I respect him for staying in his lane.

He gets extra credit for going the direction he did with the album without relying on a Jay-Z feat.

Last edited by GOD999; 06-12-2013 at 10:39 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #624
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,902 | Props total: 2583 2583
man, i can't believe the difference in quality between the grouprip and the rip that was out the last 7 days. i know its supposed to be higher quality, but the difference in subtle levels of sounds is unbelievable. havent heard this big of a difference between rips in a while. its like a whole new cd for me
 5 years ago '06        #625
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
i'm only halfway through since i waited for the grouprip. and i'm takin my time listening to the tracks..

but right now standouts, She Knows! i can't even get off that joint. This seems like it has single potential too, don't know why he doesn't go with a track like this for a single. sh*t's hot. catchy. bumps. almost has a dre beat type feel with the piano melody. i can hear Em spittin over this kind of beat.

aside from that, Power trip is crazy dope. Maybe this is the single, haven't even been keepin up. if so this would be a nice choice too.

wish Mo Money was a full track, that sh*t goes hard. my issue so far is Cole seems to put out a ton of tracks like Runaway, maybe a good story, but same ol boring type bi*ch melody. then you get a banger like Mo Money and he makes it an interlude. fu*k man...

anyway solid so far...onto the 2nd half..
 5 years ago '11        #626
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
 SHootar said:
i'm only halfway through since i waited for the grouprip. and i'm takin my time listening to the tracks..

but right now standouts, She Knows! i can't even get off that joint. This seems like it has single potential too, don't know why he doesn't go with a track like this for a single. sh*t's hot. catchy. bumps. almost has a dre beat type feel with the piano melody. i can hear Em spittin over this kind of beat.

aside from that, Power trip is crazy dope. Maybe this is the single, haven't even been keepin up. if so this would be a nice choice too.

wish Mo Money was a full track, that sh*t goes hard. my issue so far is Cole seems to put out a ton of tracks like Runaway, maybe a good story, but same ol boring type bi*ch melody. then you get a banger like Mo Money and he makes it an interlude. fu*k man...

anyway solid so far...onto the 2nd half..
Power Trip was the first single. His best single to date, honestly. It's a top 20 song on the billboard charts
 5 years ago '04        #627
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,717 | Props total: 11418 11418
Deluxe Edition
 5 years ago '04        #628
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2424 2424
On my second listen and I like it even more. Solid sophomore album from Cole.
 5 years ago '09        #629
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 724 724
Cole World
 5 years ago '12        #630
JonNYBlake 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,862 | Props total: 3410 3410
About 5 listens in since last week, and I'm not sure what it is about this album, but I think Cole World might be slightly better.

It's kind of too laid back. Too much female oriented tracks. Perhaps I should give it a few more listens.
 5 years ago '12        #631
Who cares 
space
space
space
$345 | Props total: 135 135
anybody got a sharebeast link?
 5 years ago '11        #632
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8500 8500
Is there any dope covers for Truly Yours 3 or an official one?
 5 years ago '09        #633
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
I like this new J.Cole L.P....Smooth and Kool!!!

Yeah!!!!
 5 years ago '09        #634
aziatic6 
space
space
$325 | Props total: 0 0
Sometimes I brag like Hov

5 years ago '07        #635
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
 J Rob said:
Workout was his biggest hit, but definitely not his best

quality wise....

Power Trip>>>Can't Get Enough>>Who Dat>>>>Nobody's Perfect>>>>>Work Out
I'd go with

Power Trip>>>Nobody's Perfect>>Who Dat = Crooked Smile>>>>Can't Get Enough>>>>>>>>Workout
 06-13-2013, 11:28 PM         #636
AbsLikeJesus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
take a shot...you not wasted
 5 years ago '08        #637
matthew2777 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$302 | Props total: 8 8
this album sounds better if u start from the end to beginning
 5 years ago '04        #638
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,925 | Props total: 4285 4285
I tried to hop into this right after listening to the Yeezus, and I couldn't make it past track 6, and Im a huge J.Cole fan, but the music isn't very dynamic.

Edit: There is some good stuff, and then some very average material on here. It's an ok album based off the 1st listen, but it just has too many songs and a lot of filler.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 06-14-2013 at 11:00 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #639
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
 C.R.I.P. said:
I tried to hop into this right after listening to the Yeezus, and I couldn't make it past track 6, and Im a huge J.Cole fan, but the music isn't very dynamic.

Edit: There is some good stuff, and then some very average material on here. It's an ok album based off the 1st listen, but it just has too many songs and a lot of filler.
^^ this outside of rich n*ggaz and born sinner, the rest if the album sounds like a mixtape/filler.
It sounded like one long song , on the same tempo
 5 years ago '09        #640
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,393 | Props total: 17562 17562
this album has way better replay value then sideline story

man that album was pure nyquil + jigglypuff
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy