Outside of the Box (part 1): Proven Facts of Match-Fixing in the NBA

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
IMUSTBEAPIMP 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$392 | Props total: 0 0
So why the fu*k the grizzlies got swept, thats money lost as hell, illuminati I guess smh
 5 years ago '08        #42
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,109 | Props total: 2633 2633
i dont think the nba is rigged in this way
there is no need to
if a game is close its real easy to change the scope
one offensive foul followed by a foul on the other end can turn a potential five point game to 9 or 10

you see it happen all the time
i think thats where Miami benefits in particular
when teams miss shots or turnover during crucial periods like that
lebron gets a foul call almost everytime

06-04-2013, 08:06 PM         #43
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jBoRiCuA said:
conspiracy theories
i know, silly sh*t hah. I know the Donughy thing was real, but y'all taking it too far. Superstars get calls I know that, and they don't call traveling in order to let superstars do crazy sh*t. Beyond that, and Donughy, the refs mainly just suck but not in a biased way, just in a way that theyre trained to call pus*y fouls and techs and flagrants and fall for flops. All that is true, but there is no massive conspiracy ahaha.
 5 years ago '08        #44
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,109 | Props total: 2633 2633
game 14 of Miami's "streak" * versus the Magic is a prime example of the referees blatantly robbing a team.
Honestly, any Magic fan could sue the nba for rigging games, play that game as evidence and win
sh*t was disturbing and shocking

31 fouls to 12

and like 5 of them came in the last minute and a half and ALL of those were bullsh*t

Last edited by Imagin3; 06-04-2013 at 08:12 PM..
 06-04-2013, 08:27 PM         #45
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Imagin3 said:
game 14 of Miami's "streak" * versus the Magic is a prime example of the referees blatantly robbing a team.
Honestly, any Magic fan could sue the nba for rigging games, play that game as evidence and win
sh*t was disturbing and shocking

31 fouls to 12

and like 5 of them came in the last minute and a half and ALL of those were bullsh*t

If you had some actual video to watch, I would consider it I didn't catch that game. But inferior defenders, like players on the magic, can sometimes foul the sh*t outta dudes like Lebron and Wade cause they cant do sh*t else, but still I would be interested to see some in depth highlights.
 06-04-2013, 08:33 PM         #46
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tin foil a.ss n*ggas
 5 years ago '04        #47
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,477 | Props total: 30664 30664
Someone asked me yesterday eho do u think will win tonight? I looked at him like u dum ? U think the nba is gonns let the nba finals be spurs vs pacers ? Gtfoh. I figured this sh*t was rigged about 5 years ago. When the mqgic beat the cavs. The kicked there a.ss so bad the refs couldnt even dictate that game even though they tried all series. Ever since then i dont get worked up over the nba anymore. And let me add this, off topic, name 1 time jordan flopped? One time the game was on the line and he would try to.plant his feet in front of the.offinsive player and take a charge ? Haha the.nba is a fukin joke now. I
 06-04-2013, 08:49 PM         #48
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IMUSTBEAPIMP said:
So why the fu*k the grizzlies got swept, thats money lost as hell, illuminati I guess smh
 5 years ago '11        #49
BuckedCrazy 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 1513 1513
If it had a magnet in it wouldn't we see more basketballs spinning around the goal before going in?
 5 years ago '06        #50
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
 IMUSTBEAPIMP said:
Because the series wasn't going to make money either way. San Antonio and Memphis are both very small markets and journalists, celebrities and fans don't give a fu*k about a series going back to Tennessee.

Business wise it's smarter to let the series play out (Sweep) let the older players rest and recover, so that LeBron's victory wouldn't be cheapened by injury (Injuries lose money).

It's important to know that just because you know that a game is rigged, doesn't mean you know what's going to happen. The information is self-contained and airtight. The only way to connect the moral to the act is through monetary incentive. Again, the wrestling reference.

[video - click to view]

Imagin3 said:
i dont think the nba is rigged in this way
there is no need to
if a game is close its real easy to change the scope
one offensive foul followed by a foul on the other end can turn a potential five point game to 9 or 10

you see it happen all the time
i think thats where Miami benefits in particular
when teams miss shots or turnover during crucial periods like that
lebron gets a foul call almost everytime

It affects the outcome and point spreads of a game almost by itself bro. Any n*gga who's watched the NBA knows that a game plays out until the last minutes of the third quarter. From there, the game is framed by the referees through fouls and the players are forced to work within that box.

The Heat are ALWAYS in the penalty at the end of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. This allows them to get an extra 10 free throws over their opponents. So even when they're outplayed, the FTs are the difference (see: Game 1, 3, & 5 of Eastern Conference Finals)

When that doesn't happen their three pointers are on fire and shoot around 50% in the final four minutes of a game.

BuckedCrazy said:
If it had a magnet in it wouldn't we see more basketballs spinning around the goal before going in?
From my understanding of the technology, you right and that does happen. But you're looking at it backwards. You'll see more shots go down and come back out than shots bouncing around and going in. The reason is that the magnets work against the natural path of the shot, so if someone using the technology wanted a good shot to go bad, the shot would naturally go through the hoop, but would be forced out by a disruptive magnetic field.

In my mind, the control would look like an old train set controller, with two dials instead of just one.

[pic - click to view]

To make a disruptive magnetic field you would set the electromagnets to the same polarity (Opposites attract), and make one magnet (I would guess the iron) stronger than the other. On the other hand, if you wanted a shot to go in you would set them to an opposite and equal polarity and the ball will naturally fall through the hoop, sometimes never touching the rim.

If you wanted to make a bad shot good, well....

I would love for someone who took 6th grade Science to challenge this theory.

Last edited by Jaguar34; 06-04-2013 at 09:22 PM..
 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM         #51
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaguar34 said:

The technology is based on two different theories, both of which are scientifically plausible, but not proven because the NBA would never let information like that slip and the patent would have to be held not by the NBA, but by the maker of the stadium equipment, a party that would be completely separate from the league.

1) The Magnet Theory

The first theory is that electromagnets are placed in two places, in the iron, and in the front tip of the hoop. If NBA game balls were made with a small iron core in the center (Which could be easily done through Spalding) shots could be completely controlled at any time simply by controlling the magnets by remote. Electromagnets create a field that will attract a ball to the center of the hoop if they are set to opposite polarity. When set to the same polarity they will create a field that will disrupt the natural path of a shot and make it very hard to make jumpshots.

Because of the strength of this magnetic force (which would actually be pretty powerful), the magnets would only be used in limited situations, and turned on only during the downward parabolic path of the shot.
im screaming at this sh*t

geeks try to discredit anything, tin foil hat f*ggits

2nd finals mvp coming up soon
 5 years ago '07        #52
Avon_Barksdale 4341 heat pts4341
space
space
$42,416 | Props total: 55834 55834
Heat fans mad as hell in this thread...

Anyway...the NBA has become WAY too predictable with who wins and who loses, the NBA will go out of there way to protect a players legacy instead of letting things play out, imagine if Kobe would have lost to the Celtics in game 7 in Los Angeles...no way was the NBA gonna let that happen, there was no way Stern was gonna let Durant win a ring before Lebron...The Heat are gonna win the NBA title again this year because I dout Stern want's to Heat to only have a "Lock Out" title before they fade away.
 5 years ago '06        #53
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
im screaming at this sh*t

geeks try to discredit anything, tin foil hat f*ggits

2nd finals mvp coming up soon
The Miami Sheep have arrived.

If I'm a geek then a man with a swag of your capacity would surely be able to discredit my theory by using objective facts rather than name calling, right?

....Right?

I'll wait.
 5 years ago '06        #54
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 Avon_Barksdale said:
Heat fans mad as hell in this thread...

Anyway...the NBA has become WAY too predictable with who wins and who loses, the NBA will go out of there way to protect a players legacy instead of letting things play out, imagine if Kobe would have lost to the Celtics in game 7 in Los Angeles...no way was the NBA gonna let that happen, there was no way Stern was gonna let Durant win a ring before Lebron...The Heat are gonna win the NBA title again this year because I dout Stern want's to Heat to only have a "Lock Out" title before they fade away.
Dat Asterisk
 5 years ago '06        #55
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
If you had some actual video to watch, I would consider it I didn't catch that game. But inferior defenders, like players on the magic, can sometimes foul the sh*t outta dudes like Lebron and Wade cause they cant do sh*t else, but still I would be interested to see some in depth highlights.
Read this first and keep in mind my post about LeBron's "loyal" fans.

Now remember I'm an Orlando native. I know about this because the Magic received a "very similar" push from the league when Dwight Howard rose to stardom. His ascension did enough to get Orlando a new Arena, and Florida taxpayers saddled with the cost of it. 407 stand up.

The truth is that no matter how much hype and hoopla the Magic, the city and even this newspaper churn out to celebrate the opening of this cool building — and it is cool — taxpayers still got a raw deal.

This arena, after all, was built for a billionaire team owner for one primary reason — to get the public to pad this private company's bottom line.

Taxpayers will lose money on the deal. But Rich DeVos, Magic executives and the highly paid athletes will make millions.

And even though the team was the one demanding the new arena, it contributed a pittance to its construction.

The story is the same in NBA cities across America.

Corporate sports has done an amazing job of brain-washing the politicians, who claim they love the "free market" and hate handouts … except when it comes to professional sports.

So we end up with the bailouts for billionaires.

Yes, a bailout. Remember, the main reason we did this wasn't because Disney on Ice or the Predators were complaining. It was because DeVos said he simply couldn't run a successful, profitable sports team in the old arena.

Now, when your business loses money, you cut costs. But DeVos still wanted to pay Dwight Howard $16 million. So he decided to reach into your pockets. And our mayors decided to help him.

Using the most generous accounting, the Magic paid for about 12 percent of their $480 million new home.

The Magic claim that's about average — and hope you won't do any research to find that private sources accounted for more than 60 percent of the arena in Dallas and about 50 percent in Miami.

But don't worry, say mayor Rich Crotty and Buddy Dyer. It's not real money! It's only hotel taxes! And we can't spend that on much anything else anyway!

This is one of Central Florida's biggest scams.

[video - click to view]

06-04-2013, 09:58 PM         #56
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaguar34 said:
The Miami Sheep have arrived.

If I'm a geek then a man with a swag of your capacity would surely be able to discredit my theory by using objective facts rather than name calling, right?
na i'll stick to name calling u tin foil hat geek

stay tuned for finals mvp #2. hope that magnet comes out in full effect actually, im tryin to see a 50 point game
 5 years ago '06        #57
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
na i'll stick to name calling u tin foil hat geek

stay tuned for finals mvp #2. hope that magnet comes out in full effect actually, im tryin to see a 50 point game
Hang yaself with ya Heat jersey fu*k boy

Orlando will rise up again
 06-04-2013, 10:34 PM         #58
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaguar34 said:
Because the series wasn't going to make money either way. San Antonio and Memphis are both very small markets and journalists, celebrities and fans don't give a fu*k about a series going back to Tennessee.

Business wise it's smarter to let the series play out (Sweep) let the older players rest and recover, so that LeBron's victory wouldn't be cheapened by injury (Injuries lose money).

It's important to know that just because you know that a game is rigged, doesn't mean you know what's going to happen. The information is self-contained and airtight. The only way to connect the moral to the act is through monetary incentive. Again, the wrestling reference.

It affects the outcome and point spreads of a game almost by itself bro. Any n*gga who's watched the NBA knows that a game plays out until the last minutes of the third quarter. From there, the game is framed by the referees through fouls and the players are forced to work within that box.

The Heat are ALWAYS in the penalty at the end of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. This allows them to get an extra 10 free throws over their opponents. So even when they're outplayed, the FTs are the difference (see: Game 1, 3, & 5 of Eastern Conference Finals)

When that doesn't happen their three pointers are on fire and shoot around 50% in the final four minutes of a game.

From my understanding of the technology, you right and that does happen. But you're looking at it backwards. You'll see more shots go down and come back out than shots bouncing around and going in. The reason is that the magnets work against the natural path of the shot, so if someone using the technology wanted a good shot to go bad, the shot would naturally go through the hoop, but would be forced out by a disruptive magnetic field.

In my mind, the control would look like an old train set controller, with two dials instead of just one.

[pic - click to view]

To make a disruptive magnetic field you would set the electromagnets to the same polarity (Opposites attract), and make one magnet (I would guess the iron) stronger than the other. On the other hand, if you wanted a shot to go in you would set them to an opposite and equal polarity and the ball will naturally fall through the hoop, sometimes never touching the rim.

If you wanted to make a bad shot good, well....

I would love for someone who took 6th grade Science to challenge this theory.

You are outta control yo
 5 years ago '11        #59
JGunnaWP 
space
space
$718 | Props total: 25 25
 StateProperty88 said:
i was told by someone in the know that a very prominent player threw an elimination game for 1 million a few years back
lebron against the celtics??
 5 years ago '06        #60
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
You are outta control yo
My only problem is I haven't been factually disproven yet. If anyone can give evidence that the NBA isn't one of the largest leeches and psychological mindfu*kers in professional athletics, I'd love to hear it.

sh*t, you acting like LeBron ain't a slave too.

And you're acting like the NBA didn't set Kobe up on the r*pe case when the best player in the world was drafted five days before the announcement went public.

For my fellow Community College n*ggas, a study on how Nike handled Kobe's r*pe situation.:

That's why he a slave too. You tell me how a 3-Time NBA champion agrees to a 5 year $45 million contract before he gets arrested.

ANSWER: WHEN YOU HAVE A WHITE bi*ch FROM COLORADO THAT'S GETTING PAID BY THEM TO SAY YOU TOOK THE pus*y

I'm sorry Heat fans but my inner G says that all of ya'll n*ggas are gettin pimped by the 21st Century version of White Jesus.

Triple Entendre don't even ask me how

Last edited by Jaguar34; 06-05-2013 at 12:09 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
265 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
33 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
99 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy