Outside of the Box (part 1): Proven Facts of Match-Fixing in the NBA

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
 Ramen Noodle said:
NBA is only rigged when it relates to the heat
And when it relates to L.A., star players, and emerging markets.

Right now the current emerging market for the league is Asians and Gays. Golden State and a team in Seattle (see: Ichiro) are the top methods for achieving that market through teams. In order for Steph Curry to get the NBA coverage he'll get next year he had to be pushed (see: Pro Wrestling) by the media to the level of star. Same thing happened with Paul George and Roy Hibbert until....

[video - click to view]

Gays now are entrenched in the media spotlight and are bringing new money to the league.

Gay and closeted men are watching as much basketball as women (check this board for proof) and are spending more money to support teams than their heteros3xual counterparts. The NBA is investing in this market knowing that Generation Z (people born 1996-2007) will be close to 30% of their target market by 2015 and they will be very fashion conscious and will have a larger number of homos3xuals.

Who do you think is dressing those players for NBA Style?

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Jaguar34; 06-04-2013 at 04:04 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #22
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 stabbin101 said:
Honestly, only idiots, morons, disabled, and autistic people deny the fact the NBA is rigged.

It's very easy to see it if you understand the game and actually play it and realize how much influence the refs have on the players ability to perform.

People on BX preach they know they game but really they have no clue of what the intangibles are and how this game is soooooo manipulated its not even funny.

The NBA is fake.

The only reason people still watch it is because they either love the sport and play it themselves or its just wildly entertaining with all these close games coming down to last second shots and what not.

Either way, NBA has all bases covered and will always make money.

I believe stern borough this culture of "game fixing" and "profit at any means" and had literally ruined the NBA.

Watch games prior to 1984 and you will see how different the game is controlled.

David stern fu*king rigged the 1985 NBA draft on camera and it was blatant and clear!!!!

You guys are idiots if you don't believe it.
crazy how the nba is and knicks only benefited from receiving the Jamaican goat.

Can't Rig shots. Sure the game is manipulated but players still have to perform.

Last edited by YoungRay20; 06-04-2013 at 03:47 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #23
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
 Jaguar34 said:
And when it relates to L.A., star players, and emerging markets.

Right now the current emerging market for the league is Asians and Gays. Golden State and a team in Seattle (see: Ichiro) are the top methods for achieving that market through teams. In order for Steph Curry to get the NBA coverage he'll get next year he had to be pushed (see: Pro Wrestling) by the media to the level of star. Same thing happened with Paul George and Roy Hibbert until....

Gays now are entrenched in the media spotlight and are bringing new money to the league. Gay and closeted men are watching as much basketball as women (check this board for proof) and are spending more money to support teams than their heteros3xual counterparts. The NBA is investing in this market knowing that Generation Z (people born 1996-2007) will be close to 30% of their target market by 2015 and they will be very fashion conscious and will have a larger number of homos3xuals.

Who do you think is dressing those players for NBA Style?
All interesting points
 5 years ago '04        #24
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,996 | Props total: 5048 5048
only way to find out is to get your hands on an nba game ball and cut it open to see if there is an iron ball...I think soccer and basketball are the only sports where you can't keep the ball if it goes into the stands.
 5 years ago '06        #25
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 doczdaname said:
only way to find out is to get your hands on an nba game ball and cut it open to see if there is an iron ball...I think soccer and basketball are the only sports where you can't keep the ball if it goes into the stands.
My guess is that "game balls" are switched by standard protocol so no one would be able do what you said. Spalding would have an under the table agreement with the NBA and get them made identical to the game balls we can buy on the store.

The new synthetic balls the league tried to use in 06 used metallic filament and cut player's hands as result.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #26
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
Knew the Heat would win when I saw the $ Floyd put on them...

You don't bet against Money May
 5 years ago '13        #27
SoulBrotha91 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 1039 1039
Wow I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten backlash or filled with fanatics claiming "you're an idiot" or "stupid conspiracy theorists". Those be the main ones who don't even read or think critically of what's being presented right in front of them, they'd just rather be in denial and not own up to obvious facts. I haven't finished reading all of the information but I appreciate these type of post man
 5 years ago '04        #28
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,996 | Props total: 5048 5048
 Jaguar34 said:
My guess is that "game balls" are switched by standard protocol so no one would be able do what you said. Spalding would have an under the table agreement with the NBA and get them made identical to the game balls we can buy on the store.

The new synthetic balls the league tried to use in 06 used metallic filament and cut player's hands as result.

[pic - click to view]

I'm not talking about ones you can buy in the store. I am talking about an actual ball from an NBA game that comes into the stands from time to time but even then you aren't allowed to keep it...guess we will never know.
 5 years ago '04        #29
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,224 | Props total: 2222 2222
You know I agree that it might be rigged, but at the same time basketball is probably the hardest game to referee. It's a fast paced, "non-contact" sport that allows a sh*t ton of contact.

I don't know how many of you have actually reffed any real games but even when I reffed 13-14 year olds it's a lot harder than you think. Of course the refs are supposed to be pros but still there's a lot of stuff you let go to let the game flow and a lot of stuff you have to call to keep the game under control.

And the one thing I didn't realize is how often players get in your line of vision and you miss a call.

But I do think the Sac game 6 was rigged, so i wouldn't be surprised if more were too.
 5 years ago '06        #30
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 bibbyboi said:
You know I agree that it might be rigged, but at the same time basketball is probably the hardest game to referee. It's a fast paced, "non-contact" sport that allows a sh*t ton of contact.

I don't know how many of you have actually reffed any real games but even when I reffed 13-14 year olds it's a lot harder than you think. Of course the refs are supposed to be pros but still there's a lot of stuff you let go to let the game flow and a lot of stuff you have to call to keep the game under control.

And the one thing I didn't realize is how often players get in your line of vision and you miss a call.

But I do think the Sac game 6 was rigged, so i wouldn't be surprised if more were too.
You're definitely right. I organized a charity game and decided to ref the Final and I got so many calls wrong motherfu*kers were about to take their donations back.

The key way that NBA refs control games is the number of fouls on post players (see: Game 3 of this year's ECF) and team fouls that put the opposition at the free throw line. It's the reason why each of the first two games went mostly in the Pacers' favor and how the Heat attempted 18 more free throws than the Pacers last night.

Offensive fouls quickly switch momentum and charge the team with a turnover. That went down last night but the most notorious game in recent memory was Game 5 of last year's Finals.
 06-04-2013, 05:17 PM         #31
Tyrant Noir 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

You did your homework....

Skip to 13:20 to hear what he has to say about Joey Crawford and the infamous 2001 MIL vs PHIL series

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Tyrant Noir; 06-04-2013 at 05:52 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #32
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
real talk i heard about most of this stuff awhile back an never looked at the nba the same
 5 years ago '04        #33
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,224 | Props total: 2222 2222
 Jaguar34 said:
You're definitely right. I organized a charity game and decided to ref the Final and I got so many calls wrong motherfu*kers were about to take their donations back.
I feel you on that.
 5 years ago '13        #34
pierredaire 
space
space
$2,578 | Props total: 1192 1192
 Dee Grande said:
it was just a fadeaway
Not according to op ...
 5 years ago '09        #35
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
Soccer and NBA are the biggest controled and fixed sports
 5 years ago '06        #36
piru87 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$531 | Props total: 1 1
Nba is rigged........2011 finals heat vs mavs look at game 4 lebron looked like he threw that game but why is the? Even phil jackson know its rigged that's y he was fine when the lakers face sas..... but 2002 wcf clearly is proof and the suns vs spurs in 05 hell 07 ecf pistons vs cavs....4 allstars on the pistons got beat by one lebron den the cavs get swept against the spurs that's fishy...... i knew pacers wasn't winning wen i knew ken mauer was gonna ref
 5 years ago '08        #37
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
we just got murked by a better team, nothing about the western conference finals told me the games were fixed.

so he should have just left that out.
 06-04-2013, 07:22 PM         #38
POMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this whole world is rigged wake the fu*k up
 5 years ago '08        #39
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 POMP said:
this whole world is rigged wake the fu*k up

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #40
Jaguar34 4 heat pts OP
space
space
 pierredaire said:
Not according to op ...
Yep, that shot was Generation Z's "Birth of a Legend" shot.

Most jits age (7-17) never consciously witnessed a legend in action. They may have been alive, but they don't remember this.

[pic - click to view]

Or this

[pic - click to view]

Instead they've watched nothing but commercials anointing James as the Chosen One. See the video below. Rest in peace Bernie Mac

[video - click to view]

He was to be the fulfillment of a prophecy, the leader of a new era but nothing came that suggested that his greatness could amount to a championship (Think Neo in the first Matrix movie). As a result, LeBron d!ckriders held their faith in King James rather than any single team.

When analyzing this it's important to understand that this was a part of Nike's marketing scheme, a long term plan to bond young fans to the image of their star player. Nike did the same thing with Jordan starting in 1985.

By messing with the emotions of LeBron fans with the Exodus to Miami in 2010, Nike now had their target market (which had an average age of about 16 at the time) confused by their feelings toward LeBron. Not unlike women that explain being "swept off of their feet" by an older man, LeBron's fans was were loyal, and dedicated fans, hoping to see LeBron take Cleveland to glory. They bought his shoes and jerseys and wanted to be wearing them proudly when King James took the crown.

But when LeBron chose the aesthetic value of Miami over the noble pursuit of bringing his hometown a championship he betrayed his hometown and his lifelong fans, but his actions only made them more loyal. The NBA knew his fans sought immediate gratification, but Stern made the thirsty n*ggas wait until AFTER THE NBA LOCKOUT TO BOND THE IMAGE OF LEBRON TO THE NBA. After the 10 year CBA was signed in 2011, the season was fated to end with LeBron on top.

It's almost as if it was fated by Nike. This commercial was shown in the final minutes of Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

[video - click to view]

I'm not even going to begin to explain how deep that commercial is. Basically this commercial symbolizes that LeBron wasn't going to win a championship until the plan was complete. He would only win a championship until he embodied everything the league wanted him to be. When that happened, the basketball Gods finally exalted him.

Last edited by Jaguar34; 06-04-2013 at 07:51 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy