Box office report: 'After Earth' gives Will Smith his worst summer opening in 20 years, FF6 #1 Again

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
What was the ending in this sh*t?

Any twists?

I aint tryna see this bullsh*t
 5 years ago '13        #42
BC is that Guy 
space
space
space
$3,108 | Props total: 110 110
honestly, the movie wasn't THAT bad.

the concept was dope, the future technology, special effects and overall production value were all solid. I just think the whole "father/son" aspect was played up WAYYYYY too much and came off as extremely cheesy. the parallels between the characters on screen and the Smith family's real lives/public image were far too transparent and distracting. Will should have just produced/conceptualized the film and cast it with randoms and/or white people.

It really just came off as Will Smith using his celebrity and influence to artificially manufacture his own child into a "box office superstar" or whatever. audiences can see thru that sh*t.

that being said, i think it will probably still do really well overseas because non-americans are much less jaded and cynical about our celebrities than we are.

also, i guarantee the next Will Smith movie will be another $100million monster. he doesn't make the same mistake twice.
 5 years ago '05        #43
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,912 | Props total: 6164 6164
Is this bad as James Cameron's avatar?
 5 years ago '11        #44
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,854 | Props total: 1453 1453
Glad I saved my money and went to see Now You See Me was a good movie.
 5 years ago '12        #45
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,600 | Props total: 6816 6816
 jmheight1 said:
I dont even think it was much the acting, the movie was just a bad idea and put together poorly. I saw Will trying to explain the movie on multiple occasions, and every time it was like he was stumbling to explain it or make it sound interesting.

Needs to stop experimenting and just stick to sh*t that works. Go do some over the top action/comedy film, and have Jaden do Karate Kid 2. And keep it moving.

A myth among movie elitists ? I understand on paper his movies have done ok in the last few years but he has burned through any goodwill he earned, and is now running off fumes.

how come they obviously hid the directors name from all the press and didn't put it on any of the posters or trailers if he's still such a draw ? The stink of failure is on him , he manages a profit , but people know he is trash now and avoid his movies IF they know he made it , but 90% of people going to see a movie have no idea who the director is unless it's Nolan or a few others that they publicize, but they didn't even advertise him being the director because his name is box office poison.

Do you really think Airbender was a success ? They wanted a billion dollar franchise they could do a trilogy for and got a movie that they probably didn't even make money off of after all is said and done. Lady in the Water broke even ? Do you think a studio is happy about that ? Breaking even is a waste of everyones time. The Happening was awful and panned by everyone who saw it critics and audience.

Devil he didn't even direct and made money because it was a cheap horror movie.

They can't even put his name on a movie anymore because people will avoid it if they see him attached but you're arguing he's still considered a success ? That makes zero sense.
 5 years ago '12        #46
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
They waited entirely too long to release the movie.. Imax was really not necessary and it was marketed horribly... The buzz completely died from this film

And the cinematography was really nice, but like airbender, the acting is just p!ss poor outside of big names

I heard the Special Effects were really bad and cheap looking too, any truth to that ? I saw his avatar movie and couldn't believe they were really using effects that bad.
 5 years ago '12        #47
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
 DSmith93 said:
dude need to remember they shot this sh*t on a 130m budget and made a sleeazy 27millons, that 95% of will salary alone

and with the bad review, lack of interest and let alone M Night name attach to it, they're not breaking that budget and will be another John Carter

he may had a good run w/ making big profits, but im telling u this is the start of a downfall
This ain't the start , this guy was supposed to be the next Spielberg and they won't even put his name on the poster of his own movies any more.
 5 years ago '05        #48
rprose 
space
space
$702 | Props total: 118 118
No lie...Jaden was pretty solid in Karate Kid!! Thats my sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #49
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,747 | Props total: 13096 13096
Wait, wasnt this the movie Smith chose to do instead of Django Unchained!?
[pic - click to view]

WAIT... He chose to work with M. NIGHT SHAMALALAALALAMM instead of QUENTIN TARENTINO?!?!?!?!
[pic - click to view]

WAIT.... M. NIGHT IS STILL DIRECTING MOVIES!!!!!
[pic - click to view]

SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES!!?!?!?!?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #50
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 drunkengunsling said:
Thats cause his kid is a terrible actor. Corny as fu*k
He is kinda annoying. I wanted to slap the sh*t outta him while watching The Day the Earth Stood Still

He was pretty good in the Karate Kid tho
 5 years ago '04        #51
Nugit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,388 | Props total: 353 353
I'm just glad it flopped. It was so stupid. And yeah, he made this instead of Django Unchained... HA! Just like when he made Wild Wild West instead of The Matrix. The effects weren't 10,000 B.C. bad, but just overall the movie was completely underwhelming.

M. Night isn't really the worst director. It's just when you make movies where everyone expects a twist, it takes something out of it. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs are all strong movies.
 5 years ago '09        #52
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,168 | Props total: 13368 13368
Trailer and plot seemed dope. Didn't think it would be trash. Was going to take the fam
 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM         #53
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, people want something more realistic.
 5 years ago '04        #54
trill1 
space
space
$2,702 | Props total: 390 390
 Undefeated1 said:

[pic - click to view]

what can u expect from a n*gga who dresses like this?? cant even tell whos the boy or girl

fu*kin f*ggot why the fu*k he squinting for

Will dressed in some wild shid too back in the day lets not forget.......IJS
 5 years ago '04        #55
trill1 
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Im just saying
 5 years ago '04        #56
trill1 
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Them shorts......smh
 5 years ago '04        #57
trill1 
space
space

[pic - click to view]

His son and daughter inspired
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy