Box office report: 'After Earth' gives Will Smith his worst summer opening in 20 years, FF6 #1 Again

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,291 | Props total: 7637 7637
I dont even think it was much the acting, the movie was just a bad idea and put together poorly. I saw Will trying to explain the movie on multiple occasions, and every time it was like he was stumbling to explain it or make it sound interesting.

Needs to stop experimenting and just stick to sh*t that works. Go do some over the top action/comedy film, and have Jaden do Karate Kid 2. And keep it moving.

Last edited by jmheight1; 06-02-2013 at 10:56 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #22
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,965 | Props total: 725 725
 Undefeated1 said:

[pic - click to view]

what can u expect from a n*gga who dresses like this?? cant even tell whos the boy or girl

fu*kin f*ggot why the fu*k he squinting for
He looks like homie from mobb deep lol
 06-02-2013, 10:49 PM         #23
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You muthafuhkas couldn't tell from the trailer this sh*t would be buns?!

Where that new Hancock at?
 5 years ago '06        #24
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 Fedor Christ said:
Let's keep it real....

We want a Hancock sequel. fu*k all this proper a.ss Man Of Steel bullsh*t. It's time for more unhinged super types that don't give a fu*k.

n*gga said a Hancock sequel

5 years ago '10        #25
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
the trailer looked like absolute sh*t. no way in hell i was gonna see that movie. didn't look the least bit interesting. and now i'm hearing i sucked so

just give jaden smith a karate kid sequel that's probably the only role he can do decently.

OG Karate Kid >>>> tho
 5 years ago '10        #26
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,291 | Props total: 7637 7637
 TiestoFriendly said:
the trailer looked like absolute sh*t. no way in hell i was gonna see that movie. didn't look the least bit interesting. and now i'm hearing i sucked so

just give jaden smith a karate kid sequel that's probably the only role he can do decently.

OG Karate Kid >>>> tho
Pretty much, why experiment with sh*t when trying to build someone into a star? The Karate Kid remake worked, so common sense says go right back in 2-3 years and make another one. Not this hit or miss experiment.
 5 years ago '10        #27
AdvanceIsThe 
space
space
$1,098 | Props total: 236 236
 TheMindOf said:
M. Night Shyamalan is a powerhouse in Hollywood. Dont expect him to be disappearing any time soon.
He didn't write or direct Devil. He produced it and came up with the story. SMH @ calling this dude a powerhouse though. His last 5 movies have been horribly reviewed and his name has become a joke. I didn't even know this was directed by him until it started flopping. They know using his name will hurt more than help.

The Village did well based on the hype of his first few films. I know because I saw that and Lady In the Water at the theater with high expectations. You'd never catch me paying for one of his movies again after that.

He makes sh*tty movies with big name actors and big studios behind them. If they didn't think they could milk some money out of him he wouldn't be getting big budgets, you act like you cracked the fu*king code. There's a lot of directors who aren't getting sh*tted on by critics film after film and consistently turn out profits...yet this dude's a powerhouse?
 5 years ago '10        #28
Pop-N-Fresh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 3034 3034
 Sental said:
The sh*t looks garbage, M Knight is fu*king horrible and the public is tired of seeing Will smith play the same roles
This is why I can wait for this one to hit a torrent
 5 years ago '12        #29
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
I think it's a combination of that hiatus Will Smith had from dropping movies, his son being in it, the focus appearing to be on Jaden more than Will, the not so great promotional campaign, and the movie itself not really looking that interesting to people besides the stars
 5 years ago '04        #30
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,284 | Props total: 3811 3811
face it, noone gives a sh*t about ur kid, William
 5 years ago '10        #31
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 TheMindOf said:
There's this myth on the internet amongst movie elitist, that M Night is the worst director in hollywood. And n*ggas can think that, but he aint going nowhere..

He's one of the few directors who has NEVER flopped financially or lost a studio money before. So somebody has to be enjoying his work

Posted this in the other thread

M. Night Shyamalan is a powerhouse in Hollywood. Dont expect him to be disappearing any time soon.
Lady in the Water lost money........

If you are going to put never in all caps at least know what you are talking about
 5 years ago '10        #32
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 AdvanceIsThe said:
He didn't write or direct Devil. He produced it and came up with the story. SMH @ calling this dude a powerhouse though. His last 5 movies have been horribly reviewed and his name has become a joke. I didn't even know this was directed by him until it started flopping. They know using his name will hurt more than help.

The Village did well based on the hype of his first few films. I know because I saw that and Lady In the Water at the theater with high expectations. You'd never catch me paying for one of his movies again after that.

He makes sh*tty movies with big name actors and big studios behind them. If they didn't think they could milk some money out of him he wouldn't be getting big budgets, you act like you cracked the fu*king code. There's a lot of directors who aren't getting sh*tted on by critics film after film and consistently turn out profits...yet this dude's a powerhouse?
Look at his body of work..

Not a single flop in there.. Hollywood been making money off dude for almost 15 years now..

Even when he's not directing (dude wrote Stuart Little )

Im just sayin that until some studio has him direct something and it bombs completely, to the point where they don't even break even, you're gonna see M. Night around.

Almost 15 years and counting, still hasnt happened yet

Movies with big name actors and big studios flop all the time.. Why haven't his? Explain that to me

His audience turnout always trumps the critical dissatisfaction (which has become the trend with his films), so he must be doing something right
 5 years ago '11        #33
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,923 | Props total: 1653 1653
n*ggas playing Jaden....not blame this n*gga M Night

he has 2 out of 10 movies that were actually good......
 5 years ago '10        #34
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 G Code said:
Lady in the Water lost money........

If you are going to put never in all caps at least know what you are talking about

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Budget: $70 million
Box Office: $72,785,169

Face it.. As much as people root for dude to fail, he's never flopped at the box office or lost anybody studio money..

The worst he's done is broken even, and that was with this film..

Deal with it.
 5 years ago '10        #35
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
 TheMindOf said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Budget: $70 million
Box Office: $72,785,169

Face it.. As much as people root for dude to fail, he's never flopped at the box office or lost anybody studio money..

The worst he's done is broken even, and that was with this film..

Deal with it.
And you think the studio gets 100% of the box office?
 5 years ago '10        #36
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 G Code said:
And you think the studio gets 100% of the box office?
But Even if you wanna call a movie that broke even a flop, for argument sake (because it's obviously what you're doing)

Still dont change the fact that dude has one of the best financial track records in the business.

Just about all the films he's either directed, written, or produced all have done good numbers

Dude has never bombed.. Not once..

He doesn't have a "John Carter" or a "Speed Racer" on his resume.

No movie elitist snobbery can will change that..
 5 years ago '10        #37
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
But Even if you wanna call a movie that broke even a flop, for argument sake (because it's obviously what you're doing)

Still dont change the fact that dude has one of the best financial track records in the business.

Just about all the films he's either directed, written, or produced all have done good numbers

John Carter budget 250 mil, John Carter box office 282 mil

According to you that is more than breaking even, better than what Lady in the Water did as far as budget to box office ratio. But you call it a bomb. Are you reading what you write?

So now according to you did Lady in the water still not lose the studio money? or are you just retarded

You don't seem to know what breaking even means. The Last Airbender is his closest thing to "breaking even"

Last edited by G Code; 06-03-2013 at 12:46 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #38
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 G Code said:
John Carter budget 250 mil, John Carter box office 282 mil

According to you that is more than breaking even, better than what Lady in the Water did as far as budget to box office ratio. But you call it a bomb. Are you reading what you write?

So now according to you did Lady in the water still not lose the studio money? or are you just retarded

You don't seem to know what breaking even means. The Last Airbender is his closest thing to "breaking even"
I already gave you that The Lady in The Water is the closest thing he has to a financial failure.

Still leaves him with a more consistent financial record than 95% of the directors you worship..

Until that changes, he's gonna keep getting work..

There's obviously a segment of people who enjoy his work and say fu*k the critics.

Deal with it.. He's been financially consistent in this industry for 15 years.. At the end of the day, that's all any studio cares about..

You think they care what some elitist dweeb on the internet has to say when they counting millions?

5 years ago '10        #39
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
I already gave you that The Lady in The Water is the closest thing he has to a financial failure.

Still leaves him with a more consistent financial record than 95% of the directors you worship..

Until that changes, he's gonna keep getting work..

There's obviously a segment of people who enjoy his work and say fu*k the critics.

Deal with it.. He's been financially consistent in this industry for 15 years.. At the end of the day, that's all any studio cares about..

You think they care what some elitist dweeb on the internet has to say when they counting millions?

1. Lady in the water wasnt close to a financial failure it was a financial failure. Last Airbender was close to a financial failure

2. Are you talking about yourself? You're the one sucking his d!ck. You say he never has had a failure like ten times in a couple threads when he has. and since there is an extremely small chance After Earth cracks 250 mil it looks like he is going to have another one one his hands.

You think I give a fu*k about his movies lol I don't watch them, I don't look forward to them. I don't care if he keeps making movies
 5 years ago '04        #40
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
 TheMindOf said:

So that's only the production budget. Lady In The Water definitely lost money after marketing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
150 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy