It's Official: PS4 Will Not Feature Used Game DRM Like Xbox One

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #141
CrapShoota 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 571 571
 HDBeatz said:
So basically you can buy, play, trade used games on the PlayStation 4. No additional registration fees, pay-walls or internet registration required.

Xbox One does not support the playing of used games without paying extra to do so.

Basically, or in other words, their "good" exclusives.
Bet, preciate it
 06-02-2013, 11:00 AM         #142
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illement said:
n*ggas really made this sh*t 5 pages?

PS4 >>>>>>

fu*k all y'all xbots feelings
 5 years ago '07        #143
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,617 | Props total: 3947 3947
 Krazie said:
Exactly as we've been saying here all along, and exactly as I said in the other thread on here today. The real question is, what percentage of games will publishers take advantage of the DRM? It's gonna be pretty damn high. Again, what they're saying is "PS4 doesn't necessarily require an internet connection to operate, unless you want to play 80%+ of the games that are released on the console".

It's a good way to dance around the issue, but it's confusing as hell.
of course you find a way to confuse yourself when its clearly written, no DRM unless the publisher add it like Ubisoft with U Play...seems clear as day to me.

kinect 2.0 is still watching you xbots, and we can borrow friends games on ps4. take the L Krazie...

playstation master race based gawd

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #144
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,617 | Props total: 3947 3947
 Pleasure Boy said:
i think you still need the disc for verification
this is not the xbox. you cant download the ps4 game disc to the hard drive, ps4 wont suck up your hard drive like that unnecessarily, but you can download the game in the digital store, play the game as it continue downloading.
 06-02-2013, 11:37 AM         #145
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 link04 said:
this is not the xbox. you cant download the ps4 game disc to the hard drive, ps4 wont suck up your hard drive like that unnecessarily, but you can download the game in the digital store, play the game as it continue downloading.
Play that bi*ch WHILE its downloading.
Boss sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #146
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,108 | Props total: 1361 1361
this all sucks, but as usual, some very intelligent person or group of people out there will make ways around whatever teams of developers think up. There will be some sort of workaround for online checks, the same way Adobe made it so your computer will make sure your products were legit. Magically, some smart folks created a way for Adobe checks to be blocked by your system. Same thing will happen here.

There is no way in the world used games shouldn't be allowed. Imagine if car companies tied into their new car computers and said there can be no used car sales. once the original owner buys it and activates it, they have to have it forever. gtfo.
 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM         #147
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hackers gonna hack.
 5 years ago '11        #148
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
this n*gga is back for a 3rd time and its so fu*king funny
n*gga had Nicole and OJ Simpson as his avy

I'm dying
 5 years ago '05        #149
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
this gen was the 1st time i had all consoles (ps3 360 even wii)

but fu*k all the dumb sh*t i straight up just do not want the xbox one all jokes aside my fu*ks are depleted when it comes the xbox one simple and plain

i doubt E3 will make me feel any different
 06-02-2013, 01:10 PM         #150
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said:

but fu*k all the dumb sh*t i straight up just do not want the xbox one all jokes aside my fu*ks are depleted when it comes the xbox one simple and plain

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #151
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
 The Utmost said:

fu*k yo posttttt

xbox dont give a fu*k about youuuuuu

xbox won
 5 years ago '05        #152
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21054 21054
 The Utmost said:

You mean plain and simple?
 5 years ago '06        #153
brooklyn76 
space
space
$504 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

06-02-2013, 03:31 PM         #154
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mean my console is always online regardless of which console
i just dont like the mandatory install but whatever

Last edited by tj.iscool; 06-02-2013 at 03:48 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #155
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21054 21054
 brooklyn76 said:

[pic - click to view]

Thing is, that's probably a reality.. Can probably plug the PS4 into the HDMI in on the Xbox One.

I'm gonna have a super console.
 5 years ago '10        #156
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,437 | Props total: 2396 2396
 HDBeatz said:

[pic - click to view]

This is a crazy bit of news because it's not actually new but Sony went ahead and kind of circled everyone back around to an earlier point they made regarding used games and DRM. Hence, the company is answering new questions retroactively and confirm that the PS4 won't have any built-in blocks against used games. Put that Angry Joe rant away, because you won't need it for the PS4.

Kotaku [via Maxconsole] had a few questions about the PlayStation 4 and its used game DRM as well as always-online functionality. Kotaku contacted Sony directly and a representative for Sony pointed Kotaku back to one of their own articles, reiterating statements made by Sony's top dog studio chief, Shuhei Yoshida, where Kotaku originally published this info back in February...

At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that." (Emphasis added.)

Kotaku promptly apologized to gamers for not having caught it earlier. Kind of crazy...these witch hunts, eh? You kind of lose sight of important info that nulls and voids the whole witch hunt in the first place. Ah, crazy kids.

I'm betting a lot of people are feeling awfully silly for having missed such an important piece of info buried under all that Microsoft rage. I wonder if Sony will blame gaming media for not digging through their archives the way Microsoft blamed gaming media for their executives giving out inaccurate and incomplete info?

Anyway, this already makes it clear that if publishers want to DRM-up the PS4 they'll have to use third-party means to do so, which actually has nothing to do with the PS4 or Sony (e.g., sort of like how Ubisoft uses Uplay DRM for games on Steam or EA used to use Online Passes).

This clears up a few things:

1.) The PlayStation 4 can play games offline without having to be online. This was clarified the day of the PS4's reveal back on February 20th.
2.) Sony will not have any mandatory DRM for used games. You can buy, play, trade used games on the PlayStation 4 just as usual. No additional registration fees, pay-walls or internet registration required.
3.) If you so choose, you can play games from disc, download them from the digital store or remote load them. Sony doesn't mandate any method over the other for multi-format titles.
4.) Just for extra clarification the PlayStation 4 does not and will not require a constant always-on internet connection.

So basically what we have here is a collage of previous statements confirming Sony's stance on the gaming market: They support you, the gamers.

Keep in mind that we're not totally in the clear regarding used game DRM for any console, including the Wii U. Third-party publishers may use the opportunity to go overboard one way or another and so, sadly, just like Master Chief and his unending f!ght with a bunch of aliens that all look alike, the f!ght isn't finished.

While I don't know if it's still necessary to keep tweeting #PS4NoDRM at Sony, it certainly wouldn't hurt to use NeoGaf's momentum to direct the attention toward third-party publishers. I doubt they'll like the sentiment because of greed and all, but so far Sony seems to be building up the PlayStation 4 to be as good a console as the PlayStation 2, barring greedy pulbishers.

And just so we can finally end this argument of comparisons: The PlayStation 4 will not have built-in used game DRM like the Xbox One. #DealWithIt

Message To Xbots:

5 years ago '05        #157
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
All this sh*t is gonna make people start pirating on a wide scale again
 5 years ago '08        #158
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,478 | Props total: 573 573
 HDBeatz said:

[pic - click to view]

You ain't pass no props over here so fu*k you log
 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM         #159
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just noticed that I'm POWERFUL already.

Thank you BX.

Last edited by HDBeatz; 06-02-2013 at 10:15 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #160
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,478 | Props total: 573 573
 HDBeatz said:
I just noticed that I'm POWERFUL already.

Thank you BX.

Eff you

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago