It's Official: PS4 Will Not Feature Used Game DRM Like Xbox One

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1571 1571
@ the ignorance

the DRM worries are NOT about used games, what happens whenn said company decides to stop supporting the server your game is attached to?
 5 years ago '10        #42
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
 Ra-da-god said:
@ the ignorance

the DRM worries are NOT about used games, what happens whenn said company decides to stop supporting the server your game is attached to?

Just look at SIMCITY and DIABLO 3.. you get THAT KIND OF GARBAGE

plus the no used games..

sh*ts terrible
 5 years ago '07        #43
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,660 | Props total: 17904 17904
 Ra-da-god said:
@ the ignorance

its only the dumbasses on here who cant comprehend this is bigger than buying used games
 5 years ago '09        #44
santos0303 52 heat pts52
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
 Flawless Image said:
its only the dumbasses on here who cant comprehend this is bigger than buying used games
Oh I comprehend it just fine but I'm sure they will have something for that situation. They want to combat used games not make it so you can't play a game 2 years after you buy it

Guess it also depends what kind of games you play too. I don't really play online games so again it wouldn't phase me that much

I'm sure everything will be fine. Why not just wait until e3 to get all the details instead of crying everyday in a different thread everyone in all these topics is still going to buy the ps4 or x1 regardless
 5 years ago '04        #45
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Flawless Image said:

freshprinceoba said:

Just look at SIMCITY and DIABLO 3.. you get THAT KIND OF GARBAGE

plus the no used games..

sh*ts terrible
I know right, you got n*ggas in here talking bout get yo money up, GTFOH with that sh*t I got 60+ games for my 360 and a good 85% of them sh*ts are brand new I hardly buy used, I hardly trade games in at the store or with friends I'm a picky buyer so when I buy I buy to own, key word OWNI play when I like for however long I like because paying $59.99 with tax should be all the requirement I need (M$ fu*k yo permission) AND a n*gga is FAR from broke every gen I'm a multiconsole owner so I'm spending twice as much every year.....

and I'm a legacy gamer, YES I like to break out my old systems from time to time and fu*k around for a couple hours, DRM completely wipes out my ability to do that....

Fellas this is about owner ship we are moving into an age we are given permission to play with the things we pay for thats crazy, you can't sell me a game for $60+ and then tell me "this is your game, you can only play it at your house we'll monitor you while you play it and should you decide to sell you can only do that through us......

n*ggas callin this great for gamers? HOW?
 5 years ago '07        #46
space
space
 santos0303 said:
Oh I comprehend it just fine but I'm sure they will have something for that situation. They want to combat used games not make it so you can't play a game 2 years after you buy it

Guess it also depends what kind of games you play too. I don't really play online games so again it wouldn't phase me that much

I'm sure everything will be fine. Why not just wait until e3 to get all the details instead of crying everyday in a different thread everyone in all these topics is still going to buy the ps4 or x1 regardless
ok well tell the same few posters who are making the same threads over and over to stop making them then and people wont post their opinions in em

also dont see what you not really playing online games has to do with this? explain.
 5 years ago '12        #47
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Ra-da-god said:
Fellas this is about owner ship we are moving into an age we are given permission to play with the things we pay for thats crazy, you can't sell me a game for $60+ and then tell me "this is your game, you can only play it at your house we'll monitor you while you play it and should you decide to sell you can only do that through us......
It's great for gamers and developers. I have a lot of XBLA games and even downloaded some Games On Demand, and if i want to play them i can. I don't see what you are getting at. You do still own the game, this sh*t isn't new. you fu*king idiot.
 5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
 Austin Foyt said:
It's great for gamers and developers. I have a lot of XBLA games and even downloaded some Games On Demand, and if i want to play them i can. I don't see what you are getting at. You do still own the game, this sh*t isn't new. you fu*king idiot.
let your XBL account get banned and youll see how much you "own" those games
 5 years ago '04        #49
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Austin Foyt said:
xbox 360 games aren't dependent on constant internet servers to run them dummy, this generation when you buy a game the entire game is on that disc or discs no online required or when you download a game digitally it completely downloads to that box so you DONT need onliine to play them.....

what M$ is talking about with the xbox one is something else, devs wouldn't put the entire game on a disc or in one download file core features would be outsourced to the cloud servers meaning the game would need to connect to the internet to take advantage of those features

now what does this mean for you as the gamer?

you'd have to have online constantly to maintain playing this game even if its just checking in, now realistically I always have internet thats not a worry for me but these servers costs money to be kept up so what happens 2 versions down the line of said game if the publisher decides to stop keeping those servers? you can't play that game anymore....

now put that in context of your entire DRM library, 5-8 years down the road M$ decides its time for the new xbox to come out and they slowly start shutting down servers for the old one your entire library is gone just like that....

you can never fully own DRM brother read up on it

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 06-01-2013 at 07:09 PM..
 06-01-2013, 07:20 PM         #50
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^
 5 years ago '12        #51
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
xbox 360 games aren't dependent on constant internet servers to run them dummy, this generation when you buy a game the entire game is on that disc or discs no online required or when you download a game digitally it completely downloads to that box so you DONT need onliine to play them.....

what M$ is talking about with the xbox one is something else, devs wouldn't put the entire game on a disc or in one download file core features would be outsourced to the cloud servers meaning the game would need to connect to the internet to take advantage of those features

now what does this mean for you as the gamer?

you'd have to have online constantly to maintain playing this game even if its just checking in, now realistically I always have internet thats not a worry for me but these servers costs money to be kept up so what happens 2 versions down the line of said game if the publisher decides to stop keeping those servers? you can't play that game anymore....

now put that in context of your entire DRM library, 5-8 years down the road M$ decides its time for the new xbox to come out and they slowly start shutting down servers for the old one your entire library is gone just like that....

you can never fully own DRM brother read up on it
i'm not going to be playing 8 year old games so...
 06-01-2013, 07:24 PM         #52
Spid3yo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a bit deceiving because the game companies themselves can still change you for online passes just like they do now. Just because it's not built into the system doesn't mean it won't be part of the games.
 5 years ago '10        #53
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 Jesszman said:
Is Agentz your alt or something?

The fu*k are you talking about?

This sh*t isn't new, Drum been saying this for the longest, talking about Alt accounts, fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 Kyrietolakers said:
PS4 we winning
xbox n*ggas looking flabby n sick outchea
keep defending your console like a sucka simp n*gga defending his girl that was shown on camera that she was sucking another n*gga d!ck
developers will be implementing DRM on PS4 too
 06-01-2013, 07:29 PM         #55
HDBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Austin Foyt said:
True, but 2005 was dope as fu*k tho:

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #56
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 Legit1 said:
My Japanese brothers..... holding me down, we bout them games n*gga

n*ggas is off that xbot sh*t

5 years ago '04        #57
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Austin Foyt said:
I guess my n*gga
 5 years ago '11        #58
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 santos0303 said:

Remember how Diablo 3 owners were saying everytihing was going to be fine? Remember when a BX user was making threads about SimCity and people were telling him to shut up? Then hours after that happened, all hell broke loose, Amazon took the game off, people were getting banned for complaining, and users couldn't play the game they purchased? Good plan, right?

Ra-da-god said:
I know right, you got n*ggas in here talking bout get yo money up, GTFOH with that sh*t I got 60+ games for my 360 and a good 85% of them sh*ts are brand new I hardly buy used, I hardly trade games in at the store or with friends I'm a picky buyer so when I buy I buy to own, key word OWNI play when I like for however long I like because paying $59.99 with tax should be all the requirement I need (M$ fu*k yo permission) AND a n*gga is FAR from broke every gen I'm a multiconsole owner so I'm spending twice as much every year.....

and I'm a legacy gamer, YES I like to break out my old systems from time to time and fu*k around for a couple hours, DRM completely wipes out my ability to do that....

n*ggas callin this great for gamers? HOW?
 5 years ago '12        #59
space
space
 HDBeatz said:
True, but 2005 was dope as fu*k tho:

i did this i wish i could've got some achievements for it.
 5 years ago '12        #60
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Remember how Diablo 3 owners were saying everytihing was going to be fine? Remember when a BX user was making threads about SimCity and people were telling him to shut up? Then hours after that happened, all hell broke loose, Amazon took the game off, people were getting banned for complaining, and users couldn't play the game they purchased? Good plan, right?

None of this happens with Xbox Games or even sh*tty PS3 games...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of Im not racist
103 comments
1 day ago