When and Why did Wale change his name???

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #1
15158 pageviews
27 comments

Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7950 7950
When and Why did Wale change his name???

so his real name is Olubowale Victor Akintimehin but he changed it to Ralph Victor Folarin??? im not a big wale fan, he's a decent rapper but he's not my cup of tea but when did this name change happen and did he explain why???

i was wondering why he was calling his mixtape Folarin and when i googled folarin all it said was that was his new last name image

27 comments for "When and Why did Wale change his name???"

5 years ago '08        #2
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Other Africans and his own family probably couldn't pronounce his real name. Ol-u-bo-wa-le a-kin-ti-me-hin. Too many fu*king syllables.
 5 years ago '09        #3
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7950 7950
 Legit1 said:
ralph folarin is a nickname he's always called himself

n*gga tripping if he actually changed his name
is it a play on "ralph lauren"??
Meech gave props

06-01-2013, 06:42 PM         #4
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
is it a play on "ralph lauren"??
Yes..
 5 years ago '08        #5
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,937 | Props total: 7342 7342
its a play on words i a.ssume because it sounds like ralph lauren. For him to change his legal name like that would be pretty odd and unusual to me especially for him to claim to have nigerian pride.
 06-01-2013, 09:49 PM         #6
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd change that sh*t too sound like you're throwing up every time you say your name and sh*t

gotta throw some clicks in that bi*ch
 5 years ago '11        #7
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 594 594
n*gga couldn't say his own name till he was 7
 06-01-2013, 09:58 PM         #8
CurlyD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heat lost
 06-01-2013, 11:39 PM         #9
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Legit1 said:
ralph folarin is a nickname he's always called himself

n*gga tripping if he actually changed his name
looks like he actually did change his sh*t...check his wiki page..rappers these days
 06-01-2013, 11:42 PM         #10
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga got one of them names you can only pronounce while you got a plate in your lip
 5 years ago '05        #11
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
 One Gud Cide said:
I'd change that sh*t too sound like you're throwing up every time you say your name and sh*t

Or you just arent proud of your heritage and nationality. Materialistic people care about that sh*t but to each is own
 5 years ago '11        #12
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,356 | Props total: 7784 7784
Because up until his deal, he was Nigerian hit man commissioned by the King of Zamunda, who heard how he gets busy with them thangs from his cousin Ogblaatin Sharrif a former Zamundan kingpin turned Janitor after a 3yr bid...

He gets sent for to do jobs in the motherland, then comes back here, the Americanized name is a cushion so he can live his double life without the grimey stuff tainting his clean record in the states...

I see it all the time, n*ggas be serial k!llers where they from, change their names once they come to the states and become nurses and sh*t like that!!!!
GingerNinjaHTX gave props

5 years ago '05        #13
classicgstyle 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,029 | Props total: 7 7
 One Gud Cide said:

5 years ago '05        #14
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,935 | Props total: 6183 6183
 Sinamatik CFR said:
Because up until his deal, he was Nigerian hit man commissioned by the King of Zamunda, who heard how he gets busy with them thangs from his cousin Ogblaatin Sharrif a former Zamundan kingpin turned Janitor after a 3yr bid...

He gets sent for to do jobs in the motherland, then comes back here, the Americanized name is a cushion so he can live his double life without the grimey stuff tainting his clean record in the states...

I see it all the time, n*ggas be serial k!llers where they from, change their names once they come to the states and become nurses and sh*t like that!!!!
the stuff you read on bx but yo what if this was true...
 5 years ago '07        #15
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
 Sinamatik CFR said:

Damn n*gga, you should turn this into a movie
 5 years ago '09        #16
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
 KiddKidd45 said:
looks like he actually did change his sh*t...check his wiki page..rappers these days

Though Wikipedia is informative for the most part, it's still Wikipedia at the end of the day. Anybody can edit the information.

Some fan could have heard him referring to himself as "Ralph Folarin" and thought he changed his name and edited his Wiki page.

Need to see an interview or something 1st saying he officially & legally changed it before I would believe it.
 5 years ago '09        #17
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,618 | Props total: 1797 1797
 wtr1906 said:
Damn n*gga, you should turn this into a movie
A pr0no movie
 5 years ago '11        #18
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,356 | Props total: 7784 7784
Just sayin
 5 years ago '12        #19
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
Only non Native African's would be ashamed enough to disown their own names and take on the names of slave masters who didn't even give a damn about them, then make fun of native names to seem cool.

This was a **** move on Wale's part, perhaps he has a nice excuse (more like a PR brand manager told him to have a more "marketable" name). This n*gga gets no respect in my eyes...

...and to the guy who thinks ALL african names and dialects have clicks,

In South Africa Nguni languages have more clicks while others don't, my native language has zero clicks. WE ARE DIFFERENT!

In Africa:
-We don't have animals running around (hell I go to the Zoo to see animals, haven't been there since 2004)
-We have uncapped internet access, 3G & LTE internet and an entire town with open free wifi (Stellenbosch)
-We have cities like any other country, with malls, McDonalds, Louis Vuitton and Salvatore Ferregamo stores
-Most people might be poor and we might have high unemployment rates (around 22% in SA), but those who are wealthy are freaken wealthy to a point it's not rare to see Mercedes Benz's, BMW's, Land Rovers, etc in Johannesburg. Also not rare to see R8's, Lambo's Ferrari's in the more affluent areas. Even racial like stereotypes like "Indians love Mercdes Benz's while blacks like BMW's because they not classy enough"

So Mr "Africans click click", just because we don't speak English only (it is still our first language though), doesn't mean we primitive! 2013 Africa 101

Apologies for the rant to all the other educated BX'rs
 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM         #20
AmericanGangsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well even tho I dont agree with the name itself the change might be exactly what he needs. i mean hell look at titty boy/2 chainz. He changed his name, lowered his lyrical standards and the rest is history. You gotta play to the dumb deaf and blind man I swear
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy