Forget the Xbox One and PS 4 — the most powerful gaming device is your PC

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #161
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,071 | Props total: 17369 17369
Does Smooveboiwonder know that Xbox Live is actually derived from The Village aka MSN Gaming Zone that Bill Gates bought and launched back in 96?

I was an original member...played Age of Empires and Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 on there

It had its own instant messenger, structured online communities for over 100 PC Games, ladders, ranking systems, stat tracking, lobbies, chatrooms, and all kinds of sh*t. It also had stores an such where you could purchase official add ons(Like the Jedi Knight add on Mysteries of the Sith) aka DLC and it was compatible with user created mods and sh*t to. IMO Xbox Live and Steam are really just MSN Gaming Zone with a few features from the OG Gamespy Arcade.

Yeah fam....you really wrong in saying that sh*t

If you were a seasoned member you could get a role as a "Sysop" which was pretty much a Systems Operator/Admin/Mod and you could moderate rooms, tournaments, and users...Microsoft then had employees actually come in and be the bosses of the Sysops to.

Heres what chatrooms looked like....and at one point it was really jumping...like 100K people per room and each game would have like 10-15 rooms + separate rooms for Ladders/Tournaments

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You really don't know what you're talking about. I appreciate my consoles(owned every console since the atari 2600 cept for the Sega Saturn) and I love my PC gaming(Been playing PC Games since 94/95) but bro you really don't know what you're talking about.

The MSN Gaming Zone was honestly about 10 years ahead of its time.
 5 years ago '12        #162
space
space
Also a LARGE majority of First Person Shooters literally copy/mimic the online matchmaking sh*t found in games like Rainbow Six, Quake 2, and Counterstrike. Call of Duty and Battlefields online system literally copy the sh*t out of the OG Unreal Tournaments multiplayer on PC.

But yeah 'structured online communities' was happening back in 96. Sorry
 5 years ago '07        #163
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,252 | Props total: 4736 4736
 ALLEEK said:
Does Smooveboiwonder know that Xbox Live is actually derived from The Village aka MSN Gaming Zone that Bill Gates bought and launched back in 96?

I was an original member...played Age of Empires and Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 on there

It had its own instant messenger, structured online communities for over 100 PC Games, ladders, ranking systems, stat tracking, lobbies, chatrooms, and all kinds of sh*t. It also had stores an such where you could purchase official add ons(Like the Jedi Knight add on Mysteries of the Sith) aka DLC and it was compatible with user created mods and sh*t to. IMO Xbox Live and Steam are really just MSN Gaming Zone with a few features from the OG Gamespy Arcade.

Yeah fam....you really wrong in saying that sh*t

If you were a seasoned member you could get a role as a "Sysop" which was pretty much a Systems Operator/Admin/Mod and you could moderate rooms, tournaments, and users...Microsoft then had employees actually come in and be the bosses of the Sysops to.

Heres what chatrooms looked like....and at one point it was really jumping...like 100K people per room and each game would have like 10-15 rooms + separate rooms for Ladders/Tournaments

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You really don't know what you're talking about. I appreciate my consoles(owned every console since the atari 2600 cept for the Sega Saturn) and I love my PC gaming(Been playing PC Games since 94/95) but bro you really don't know what you're talking about.

The MSN Gaming Zone was honestly about 10 years ahead of its time.
thank you for this bro, this is something even I didnt know about.

This guy keeps talking about "agendas" and sh*t when all I'm doing is stating the reasons why PC gaming is superior and giving examples. Seems like this guy is trolling the way he just lets sh*t come out his mouth as if its fact when really he just made it up.

he says consoles are the only things that are evolutionary about gaming, yet he ignores sh*t like and .

Ignorance at its finest.

Last edited by mainevent4u88; 06-02-2013 at 08:21 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #164
space
space
Dude propped me and said "nice googling"

I still got my MSN account that eventually was turned into a hotmail account and whatever the fu*k they use now. It was literally my first email I ever got in life and I never let it go

I was a kid so im not ashamed to say...i was even in a fu*king clan....the forum we had is still up
 5 years ago '07        #165
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Dude propped me and said "nice googling"

I still got my MSN account that eventually was turned into a hotmail account and whatever the fu*k they use now. It was literally my first email I ever got in life and I never let it go
he propped me to brag about "sitting on his couch drinking mountain dew while talking to his console" and tried to make the fact that I'm sitting at a desk seem like some huge disadvantage lol.

he's a clown.
 5 years ago '12        #166
space
space
 mainevent4u88 said:
thank you for this bro, this is something even I didnt know about.

This guy keeps talking about "agendas" and sh*t when all I'm doing is stating the reasons why PC gaming is superior and giving examples. Seems like this guy is trolling the way he just lets sh*t come out his mouth as if its fact when really he just made it up.

he says consoles are the only things that are evolutionary about gaming, yet he ignores sh*t like and .

Ignorance at its finest.
See im not one to be on the whole "PC>>>Console hahaha" type bullsh*t.....but the thing is this n*gga really doesn't know what hes talking about

MSN Gaming Zone got so popular that games even started having support for it built INTO THEM as in coded into them. You could literally play on the zone from within the game the SAME way you play Xbox Live today.

Multiplayer [edit]
Jedi Knight includes a multiplayer mode that allows up to eight people to compete with one another on a local area network and up to four people online.[2][3] Online gaming was hosted by the MSN Gaming Zone.[10] The player creates an avatar within Jedi Knight and selects a ranking, with higher rankings having access to more Force powers. The player can also edit his avatar's "skin" and lightsaber color. There are two types of game in Jedi Knight's multiplayer mode, "capture the flag" and "Jedi Training", similar to deathmatch. The players can customize the settings to play the deathmatch the way they desire; for example, by limiting the use of Force powers or playing on teams.[2]
I still got my Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 case and game with the proof of purchase on it if you don't believe me
 5 years ago '12        #167
space
space
 mainevent4u88 said:
he propped me to brag about "sitting on his couch drinking mountain dew while talking to his console" and tried to make the fact that I'm sitting at a desk seem like some huge disadvantage lol.

he's a clown.
I dont sit at a desk and play PC Games though. I play on a 47 inch Samsung LED while sitting on my couch drinking juice, smoking weed and using my 360 Controller. I think the last time I realistically 'sat at a desk' was Unreal Tournament 2004

Portability? My Laptop is pretty strong to and it has an HDMI port...i've literally taken borderlands 2 and a sh*t load of other games on road trips with me and ran the HDMI into the TV with the 360 controller

Wifi+high def gaming=portability
 5 years ago '04        #168
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 1391 1391
 mainevent4u88 said:

he's a clown.
He gave me the same sh*t. I bet he'll enjoy those insulin injections coming soon.

Last edited by kulabear; 06-02-2013 at 08:32 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #169
space
space
Crazy sh*t is we had a PC Gaming thread on here before where I talked about this

When OG Unreal Tournament introduced the browser based searching for games though >>>>>

Last Man Standing Instagib
 5 years ago '10        #170
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
"It's still fact that consoles are the face of gaming and the evolutionary platform for the way games are played."

Playing games on the PC hasn't changed and can't. It's essentially stayed the same. Consoles are evolutionary and have changed the way we play games and interact with the gaming community.

Still waiting on responses to these reiterated points.
 5 years ago '12        #171
space
space
And if that weren't enough....Gamespy Arcade dropped in 99 or 2000 and literally blew the fu*k up with Quake 3...

Guess what? It had tiered subscription based multiplayer gaming....sound familiar?....sound like Xbox Live? It should....cause it literally had all this:

GameSpy Arcade includes various other features which enhance its overall functionality:
Ability for users to have their own profiles .
Scanning a user’s hard disk for Arcade compatible games.
A basic web browser.
Voice Chat
Buddy Instant Messaging
Game Staging rooms
Dedicated Server browsing
User Rooms
Plus it had stores to purchased DLC/Mods and customization an such...it also ran a sh*t load of ads just like XBL does now

Do me a favor, read that, and tell me something Xbox Live does right now that Gamespy Arcade didnt already do 14 years ago....I'll gladly wait
 5 years ago '12        #172
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
"It's still fact that consoles are the face of gaming and the evolutionary platform for the way games are played."

Playing games on the PC hasn't changed and can't. It's essentially stayed the same. Consoles are evolutionary and have changed the way we play games and interact with the gaming community.

You need to add "IN THE LIVING ROOM" to the end of your point though. Cause all Xbox Live/PSN did was take what we were doing back in 95 and make it accessible to people who didn't own a PC or a desk to sit at.

So do me a favor and say "Consoles changed the way we play games and interact with the gaming community in the living room" and you have a point....cause other than bringing what we were doing almost 20 years ago to the living room....It really hasn't done much
 5 years ago '12        #173
space
space
And also I'd like to state im Pro PC and im also Pro Console. Im Pro Games

I just bought a fu*kin 3DS the other day and I love it.

I really don't understand why people feel as if they have to stand on one side or the other when they miss out on experiences....

I'd have never played Quake 3 the way it was meant to be played...Unreal Tournament....Crysis when it leap frogged what consoles were doing by a long shot....Planetside...Tribes...Age of Empires...Thief...Rainbow Six and sh*t if I was "Pro console durrrrrrrr"

And I'd have never played Final Fantasy or God of War or Metal Gear Solid or Halo or blah blah blah if I was Pro PC "durrrrrr"

Whats so got damn hard about enjoying the games?
 5 years ago '04        #174
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

This whole statement is empty......

do you just say random sh*t and hope it sticks?
 5 years ago '12        #175
space
space
Heres some PC Games that you probably will love smoove...you can't even deny it my n*gga:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

And bruh....the beauty of them 4 joints....they're all completely 100% free and they're all massive onlien games....you can even play co-op on Warframe and Warface....You can't seriously watch those videos and tell me you don't wanna play that

I was in the beta for those(sh*t I think a few of em are STILL in beta) and I was also in the beta for this game:

[video - click to view]

So NO....PC Games aren't all "over the top board gamel ookin joints" at all...those first 4 joints have graphics that completely sh*t on whats being played on consoles right now, they also all have structured online gaming communities that are self sufficient like PSN/XBL, and they all also have stores for upgrades/skins/weapons and such...but you dont HAVE to buy sh*t to succeed.
 5 years ago '07        #176
space
space
Im pretty confident that smoove is trolling. He keeps saying nothing changes in PC gaming EVEN AFTER
I posted link to Steam GREENLIGHT (where players can play and vote games to be released on steam) and Steam WORKSHoP (where player made content is constantly being added for players to enjoy). As a matter of fact, almost everything he has said in this thread has turned out to be false. Imagine that?

He is either trolling, or the kind of person who will claim they are right even when they are obviously wrong.

Last edited by mainevent4u88; 06-02-2013 at 08:55 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #177
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 1391 1391
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

Playing games on the PC hasn't changed and can't. Consoles are evolutionary and have changed the way we play games and interact with the gaming community.

1. Fact the only thing evolving in console land is next gen they are turning into a closed box pc. Why are M$ Sony doing that? You think since the hardware where do you think games are going to be developed for? Where is hardware constantly changing and evolving? Where is all the technology started form the ground up? Engines/netcode/sound/everything.

2. Playing games on PC have changed more then you've reposted your bullsh*t, where have consoles have not. You still play with controller on a console right? Well we still play with a mouse/kb. You can claim anything you want about Kinetc/PSmove because 99% of the install base HATES THEM. And both the Wii/U are both accepted as gimmicks. Steam alone has centralized one of the biggest segregated communities in gaming. (PC/MAC) And soon it will bring in Linux. While you stans still argue about who has a better DVR in their console, PC will get faster/better while you sit in the same damned spot for years.

Consoles continue to copy everything PC. Formats went
PC disk/cd/dvd/digital
console cart/cd/dvd/bluray-digital

Not to mention where do you think the Ram came from in the ps4? I'll give you a hint...try harder to not be retarded.

Now I'm still waiting for my question to be answered that you've ducked so many times.

Do elaborate more on this. I'm dying to hear how you can justify saying this and not the illusion of grandeur you hold so dear.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by kulabear; 06-02-2013 at 08:56 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #178
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 ALLEEK said:
You need to add "IN THE LIVING ROOM" to the end of your point though. Cause all Xbox Live/PSN did was take what we were doing back in 95 and make it accessible to people who didn't own a PC or a desk to sit at.

So do me a favor and say "Consoles changed the way we play games and interact with the gaming community in the living room" and you have a point....cause other than bringing what we were doing almost 20 years ago to the living room....It really hasn't done much
I was thinking about adding that. THIS is the factor that put consoles in the position they are now as the forefront of the evolution of the way we game.

I'm not arguing the fact that PC's are better technically, that's obvious. The fact is that consoles surpassed PC's as gaming devices due to the above and changed gaming for the entire world.

You can't do much with a PC besides upgrade it's RAM, GPU which a new, better model of comes out every other day. On consoles, you are stuck with fixed hardware which not be as "technically flashy" but allows developers to program and program to get the BEST games out of the hardware. NO ONE is doing that for PC. NO ONE is creating gaming legacies and nostalgic characters solely for the PC. NO ONE says "Oh that's 'so and so' from that PC game". People say, "That's Sonic from Sega".

Not only that but a PC just doesn't allow for a change in the WAY you play games. On a PC it stays the same. Click, button press, click (and don't bring up usage of CONSOLE controllers on the PC). Consoles have changed controllers various times. The Wii was a groundbreaking console that changed gaming. The Kinect and Move are attempting to progress upon that further as we speak.

Like I said, PC gaming will never match up to the legacies, capabilities and overall revolutionary concepts that consoles can provide.

Which leads to my point that no one has denied yet. If it weren't for consoles, gaming would not be where it is today.

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 06-02-2013 at 09:13 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #179
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
I was thinking about adding that. THIS is the factor that put consoles in the position they are now as the forefront of the evolution of the way we game.

I'm not arguing the fact that PC's are better technically, that's obvious. The fact is that consoles surpassed PC's as gaming devices due to the above and changed gaming for the entire world.

You can't do much with a PC besides upgrade it's RAM, GPU which a new, better model of comes out every other day. On consoles, you are stuck with fixed hardware which not be as "technically flashy" but allows developers to program and program to get the BEST games out of the hardware. NO ONE is doing that for PC. NO ONE is creating gaming legacies and nostalgic characters solely for the PC. NO ONE says "Oh that's 'so and so' from that PC game". People say, "That's Sonic from Sega".

Not only that but a PC just doesn't allow for a change in the WAY you play games. On a PC it stays the same. Click, button press, click (and don't bring up usage of CONSOLE controllers on the PC). Consoles have changed controllers various times. The Wii was a groundbreaking console that changed gaming. The Kinect and Move are attempting to progress upon that further as we speak.

Like I said, PC gaming will never match up to the legacies, capabilities and overall revolutionary concepts that consoles can provide.

Which leads to my point that no one has denied yet. If it weren't for consoles, gaming would not be where it is today.
Why can't we bring up controllers for PC though? I mean Microsoft had motion gaming on PCs over 10 years ago, we had Sidewinder controllers and sh*t for PC Gaming over 10 years ago...controllers DID exist for PC gaming

Logitech....they brought out PC controllers in the 90s to...they mostly make a lot of different types of mouse and sh*t now but they still make controllers, been making them for 20 years now.

The Sidewinder series had force feedback/vibration before console controllers and it also that SIXAXIS motion gaming Sony claimed it 'invented' with the PS3 controller....yeah they did that sh*t in the 90s

And you can upgrade a computers motherboard, gpu, RAM, USB ports(controller ports), and hell you can even upgrade your hard drives to more efficient ones so games have less loading time and such.

And developers ARE tuning games to fit PCs...Some of the top multiplatform games to come out over the past few years were retuned JUST for PC with sh*t that ain't possible on consoles. Once again see Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Tomb Raider 2013, Max payne, Sleeping Dogs, and so many other titles....you got developers like the Tomb Raider people who literally created realistic hair and sh*t with AMD or the Nvidia Devs who literally recreated the way particle effects are rendered with physx.

Starcraft 2 is on consoles? Thats not a memorable game? League Of Legends is the most played online game ever-period and it has about 10x more people playing it than any console game you can name

The PC doesn't have to match up to the 'legacies, capabilities, and experiences that consoles can provide because its already done all that. Consoles are literally playing catch up to what PC gaming has been about for 20 years now. If ANYTHING the popularity of consoles put a strain on the capabilities/growth of gaming as a whole because when consoles release we are literally stuck with that tech for a 5-7 year life cycle...PCs change every week and if consoles were as flexible then games like Uncharted 3 would've been possible back in 2005/2006

And for the record the next gen consoles are already hitting walls. That Unreal Engine demo with the "Demon King" that they showed for the PS4???? That was a scaled down version of the same tech demo that they showed off last June/July....PCs are already past that point.
 06-02-2013, 09:42 PM         #180
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
sm00vb0iiw0nder.....

what the fu*k were you thinking ?

sounds like a closet f*ggots name if I ever saw one.

Idiots like you are the problem, you think all the PC games are only RTS or MMOs.

also I love how the word nerd gets thrown around so loosely in this thread nerds calling other nerds nerds its hilarious

Lawl you are one of the biggest nerds on boxden

Smoovebi*chboi or whatever has also proven to be a huge nerd through this thread.
mah nicca calm down, u soundin like u ready to f!ght niccas over this silly a.ss debate
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy