most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #181
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,755 | Props total: 1383 1383
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
I was thinking about adding that. THIS is the factor that put consoles in the position they are now as the forefront of the evolution of the way we game.

I'm not arguing the fact that PC's are better technically, that's obvious. The fact is that consoles surpassed PC's as gaming devices due to the above and changed gaming for the entire world.

You can't do much with a PC besides upgrade it's RAM, GPU which a new, better model of comes out every other day. On consoles, you are stuck with fixed hardware which not be as "technically flashy" but allows developers to program and program to get the BEST games out of the hardware. NO ONE is doing that for PC. NO ONE is creating gaming legacies and nostalgic characters solely for the PC. NO ONE says "Oh that's 'so and so' from that PC game". People say, "That's Sonic from Sega".

Not only that but a PC just doesn't allow for a change in the WAY you play games. On a PC it stays the same. Click, button press, click (and don't bring up usage of CONSOLE controllers on the PC). Consoles have changed controllers various times. The Wii was a groundbreaking console that changed gaming. The Kinect and Move are attempting to progress upon that further as we speak.

Like I said, PC gaming will never match up to the legacies, capabilities and overall revolutionary concepts that consoles can provide.

Which leads to my point that no one has denied yet. If it weren't for consoles, gaming would not be where it is today.

Xbox order pizza

[pic - click to view]

Where gaming is today? Kids addicted to Call of Duty and microtransactions. Oh and I can't thank you enough for DLC. The worst fu*king sh*t ever thought of. Yes thank you for making developers lazy and half finish a game only to release the rest of it on a season pass. Yes thank you for bringing the entire gaming industry down.

NO one fu*king cares about legacies. We care about good fu*king games. Take your example; Sonic. There hasn't been a good Sonic game since the genesis. Same goes for Mario albeit super nintendo. I'm still waiting for a good Metriod.

You want a legacy? Enjoy your sh*tty Maddens that get released year after year that is the same fu*king game. As well as your best selling Call of Duty. Your best selling franchises are the same damn game every year. Look what happened with Gears of War Judgement, hell you can throw 3 in there also. Garbage. God of War Ascension, meh @ best. Why same game as the last 4. No one is saying "oh my god Kratos!" It's "Great....Kratos...."
 06-02-2013, 09:45 PM         #182
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but props to the homie Soul Collecter AKA Drum

so far ur the only PC gamer that showed us console gamers a dope PC exclusive worth a damn

Warflame>>>>>
 5 years ago '07        #183
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 4718 4718
there are no bounds to how far smoov will reach to try to make consoles seem better. He will talk like controllers are a console only feature. I use both mouse and keyboard as well as a controller when playing GTA. Mouse/Keys for combat, controller for driving.

he keeps using words like "revolutionary" and "legacy" when, in the world of gaming, BOTH those words belong more with PC than console. Consoles have been trying to keep up with PC's for the history of video games.

EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE THAT HAS EVER BEEN RELEASED HAS BEEN OUT PERFORMED BY THE PC's OF THE SAME ERA.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

N64 came out everybody sh*t themselves cause it was 3d.

PC had that down way before.

Dreamcast came out everybody sh*t themselves cause it was the first 128bit graphics.

PC Had that down way before.

Xbox/PS2 came shortly after with the same graphics but more refined.

PC was already "next-gen" at this point.

Xbox 360/PS3 came out as a rival to PC level graphics.

Still never reached the same level.

Now today, my PC is can run any of the games that are coming out for systems that arent even out yet.

Please explain how consoles are the ones that are "evolutionary" when they have been playing catch-up the entire fu*king time.
 5 years ago '10        #184
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8298 8298
Both of you guys are hopeless bruh

And stay bringing up graphics

Somebody lock this sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #185
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,982 | Props total: 17081 17081
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Which leads to my point that no one has denied yet. If it weren't for consoles, gaming would not be where it is today.

I personally think that if it weren't for consoles AND PC gaming then gaming wouldn't be where it is today.

Console gamings ability to make videogame/entertainment accessible to anyone played a large part in the growth of games. Hell my grandmother had a NES with Duckhunt, Mario brothers, and Ms. Pac Man and she literally played it for like 10 years

But PC Gamings innovations in the mid to late 90s and the way it established a community/interaction that could be had with gamers around the world definitely molded what gaming is today. I mean I was 8 years old in a PC Gaming clan with people from Australia who had never been to America. One of my favorite people to play Quake 3 with was an Asian kid who literally only knew how to say "hello" and "Thank you" and "GG" aka Good Game in English....I personally think Bill Gates and his team in the 90s did more for gaming back then than they get credit for...because their online model with The Village and MSN Gaming Zone REALLY set the tone for everything we do now.

So Console and PC Gaming put videogame/electronic entertainment where its at today. I personally feel like they wouldn't exist without each other.
 5 years ago '12        #186
space
space
 Willbeatz said:

Xbox order pizza

[pic - click to view]

Where gaming is today? Kids addicted to Call of Duty and microtransactions. Oh and I can't thank you enough for DLC. The worst fu*king sh*t ever thought of. Yes thank you for making developers lazy and half finish a game only to release the rest of it on a season pass. Yes thank you for bringing the entire gaming industry down.
Now I do have to step in right here. PC Devs were doing this same sh*t.....All the random updates ands hit to Rainbow Six....fu*king Unreal Tournament needing all kinds of map packs and fixes and sh*t

Who remembers trying to join games on a 56K or slow a.ss DSL connection on Quake 3/Unreal TOurnament only to find out the people you wanted to play with had a 300MB map back you had to download first

Same sh*t console gaming doing now
 5 years ago '12        #187
space
space
 LAwLB15 said:
but props to the homie Soul Collecter AKA Drum

so far ur the only PC gamer that showed us console gamers a dope PC exclusive worth a damn

Warflame>>>>>
Bro you like Co-Op and online games with teams and sh*t...if I put you on Planetside 2 or Warframe you would literally NOT play your 360 for a week

I guarantee it.
 5 years ago '10        #188
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
I personally think that if it weren't for consoles AND PC gaming then gaming wouldn't be where it is today.

Console gamings ability to make videogame/entertainment accessible to anyone played a large part in the growth of games. Hell my grandmother had a NES with Duckhunt, Mario brothers, and Ms. Pac Man and she literally played it for like 10 years

But PC Gamings innovations in the mid to late 90s and the way it established a community/interaction that could be had with gamers around the world definitely molded what gaming is today. I mean I was 8 years old in a PC Gaming clan with people from Australia who had never been to America. One of my favorite people to play Quake 3 with was an Asian kid who literally only knew how to say "hello" and "Thank you" and "GG" aka Good Game in English....I personally think Bill Gates and his team in the 90s did more for gaming back then than they get credit for...because their online model with The Village and MSN Gaming Zone REALLY set the tone for everything we do now.

So Console and PC Gaming put videogame/electronic entertainment where its at today. I personally feel like they wouldn't exist without each other.
Yeah I feel this. Being that consoles use components of PC architecture this is obvious. But the fact that consoles took it a step forward and revolutionized gaming is all the more important.

Console games revolutionized gaming and brought us to where we are. That's my point. And consoles continue to revolutionize.

I never bashed the PC so I don't see why dudes getting so heated but

Gaming isn't only about the hardware and taht's what I'm trying to get to these dudes
 5 years ago '07        #189
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Both of you guys are hopeless bruh

And stay bringing up graphics

Somebody lock this sh*t
Graphics, player made content, Workshop, beta testing, No disk management, "legacy" console emulators, ect.

There has been more than enough material discussed for you to shut the fu*k up and take your L.
 5 years ago '12        #190
space
space
And lemme stress the point fam....console gamings biggest advantage and its best accomplishment is accessibility...ease of us....

Its like not knowing how to work a phone and having to choose between an Iphone 4 or a Galaxy Note 2

If PC Gaming had become as easy to use as console games? We would be having an entirely different discussion...but since consoles are so easy to just 'plug and play'? They won the accessibility f!ght

Like I said fam...my grandma played her NES for fu*kin 10 years. By the time we gave her an SNES the fu*kin PS2 was getting ready to launch
 5 years ago '12        #191
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Yeah I feel this. Being that consoles use components of PC architecture this is obvious. But the fact that consoles took it a step forward and revolutionized gaming is all the more important.

Console games revolutionized gaming and brought us to where we are. That's my point. And consoles continue to revolutionize.

I never bashed the PC so I don't see why dudes getting so heated but

Gaming isn't only about the hardware and taht's what I'm trying to get to these dudes
But
rev·o·lu·tion·ize
/ˌrevəˈlo͞oSHəˌnīz/
Verb
Change (something) radically or fundamentally.
What did it change exactly? If anything all it did was take existing technology, put it all in one box, and make it so everyone could use it ages 2-60.

If anything consoles are King at at refining whats already there and making it available to everyone.
 5 years ago '12        #192
space
space
For the record im not knocking accessibility/ease of use....Like I said I love my consoles
 5 years ago '07        #193
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
And lemme stress the point fam....console gamings biggest advantage and its best accomplishment is accessibility...ease of us....

Its like not knowing how to work a phone and having to choose between an Iphone 4 or a Galaxy Note 2

If PC Gaming had become as easy to use as console games? We would be having an entirely different discussion...but since consoles are so easy to just 'plug and play'? They won the accessibility f!ght

Like I said fam...my grandma played her NES for fu*kin 10 years. By the time we gave her an SNES the fu*kin PS2 was getting ready to launch
well a bike is cheaper and more accessible but a Harley is the real deal when you want to call yourself a "biker."

I'm sure there are more people that own regular bikes than people that own motorcycles, but your not gonna tell me a bike is a better "cycle" than a Harley-Davidson.

Last edited by mainevent4u88; 06-02-2013 at 10:07 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #194
space
space
ALSO! The Free to play model thats been emerging on PC.....

Look whats now coming out for the ps4:

[video - click to view]

AAA level content for free is something PC Games have been doing....you can literally play massive online games with millions of people for free right now on PC. Consoles are going to be doing this soon
 5 years ago '07        #195
space
space
Funny thing is, my favorite game (Red Dead Redemption) is a console exclusive.

on the other hand, I own way more PC games than xbox games and I havent powered on my xbox in weeks.
 5 years ago '12        #196
space
space
 mainevent4u88 said:
well a bike is cheaper and more accessible but a Harley is the real deal when you want to call yourself a "biker."

I'm sure there are more people that own regular bikes than people that own motorcycles, but your not gonna tell me a bike is a better "cycle" than a Harley-Davidson.
lol bro. I don't necessarily agree with anyone thats out to straight up bash the sh*t out of consoles either.

Gaming on consoles is just as good for one reason. I still love SP Campaigns....I actually loved the Halo storylines...I actually loved the Gears of War storylines...I actually loved Metal Gear solids storylines and so on...Red Dead Redemption?

PC Games haven't been in position to deliver compelling single player campaigns for a long time. Wheres a game that has a single player campaign like Metal Gear Solid 4?

IMO I been waiting on a PC exclusive Single Player storyline to grip me the same way as Half Life 2 and its episodic content. How long ago was that lol?
 5 years ago '10        #197
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
But

What did it change exactly? If anything all it did was take existing technology, put it all in one box, and make it so everyone could use it ages 2-60.

If anything consoles are King at at refining whats already there and making it available to everyone.
Consoles radically changed games which in turn radically changed gaming. It's implied.

Zelda, Mario, Wii Sports, Tetris etc it goes on

Regardless of the specifics of origin, the fact that consoles take everything PCs have to fundamentally offer and continue to expand upon it and add new revolutionary games and concepts to the gaming world is undeniable

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 06-02-2013 at 10:19 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #198
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
lol bro. I don't necessarily agree with anyone thats out to straight up bash the sh*t out of consoles either.

Gaming on consoles is just as good for one reason. I still love SP Campaigns....I actually loved the Halo storylines...I actually loved the Gears of War storylines...I actually loved Metal Gear solids storylines and so on...Red Dead Redemption?

PC Games haven't been in position to deliver compelling single player campaigns for a long time. Wheres a game that has a single player campaign like Metal Gear Solid 4?

IMO I been waiting on a PC exclusive Single Player storyline to grip me the same way as Half Life 2 and its episodic content. How long ago was that lol?

Most PC games are geared toward a multiplayer experience. I will agree that there are some console exclusives that are amazing, but at the end of the day if I had to chose between either an Xbox (360, or One) or my PC I'm going with the PC without even thinking twice.
 5 years ago '04        #199
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,755 | Props total: 1383 1383
 ALLEEK said:
Now I do have to step in right here. PC Devs were doing this same sh*t.....All the random updates ands hit to Rainbow Six....fu*king Unreal Tournament needing all kinds of map packs and fixes and sh*t

Who remembers trying to join games on a 56K or slow a.ss DSL connection on Quake 3/Unreal TOurnament only to find out the people you wanted to play with had a 300MB map back you had to download first

Same sh*t console gaming doing now
Fixing a game is not even remotely the same thing as DLC. But I'll admit, I played ALOT more Quake 3/RtCW then anything Unreal. Maps/mods in iD games were alot less smaller then the Epic counter part.

And quit jocking my game.
 5 years ago '10        #200
space
space
And btw I am/was a Team Fortress 2 fan n*ggas always getting defensive and missing the main point.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy