Riff Raff Banned From Hot 97′s Summer Jam XX

most viewed right now
 260
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 93
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 85
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-01-2013, 04:59 PM         #81
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I get that you want to ask hard hitting questions. It's good for the art. My issue is that he seems to pick and choose conveniently. You could get ASAP Rocky, Action Bronson, French Montana and Fat Joe up there and ask any of those dudes any number of questions that the true heads want to know about. But picking on Eve, Trinidad James and B.O.B. is ridiculous. Eve is a girl, and he was grilling her about someone she dated 10 years ago, like that wouldn't get on someone's nerves. Trinidad James is just a regular dude, who was working a 9-5, picked up the pen within the last year and started rapping. Why NY people take him as a personal offense to hip-hop is beyond me. B.O.B. can rap, and I doubt Ebro has done his homework, because B.O.B. had multiple mixtapes out before his mainstream albums where he showed his lyrical chops.
 5 years ago '13        #82
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
avatar space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 J-Dogg said:
I get that you want to ask hard hitting questions. It's good for the art. My issue is that he seems to pick and choose conveniently. You could get ASAP Rocky, Action Bronson, French Montana and Fat Joe up there and ask any of those dudes any number of questions that the true heads want to know about. But picking on Eve, Trinidad James and B.O.B. is ridiculous. Eve is a girl, and he was grilling her about someone she dated 10 years ago, like that wouldn't get on someone's nerves. Trinidad James is just a regular dude, who was working a 9-5, picked up the pen within the last year and started rapping. Why NY people take him as a personal offense to hip-hop is beyond me. B.O.B. can rap, and I doubt Ebro has done his homework, because B.O.B. had multiple mixtapes out before his mainstream albums where he showed his lyrical chops.
Wait a minute B.O.B is one of my Favs.

He dissed B.O.B

...To google
 5 years ago '10        #83
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 7505 7505
Just checked out that interview, Are n*ggas serious? that Ebro interview wasnt that rough. That sh*t was nothing. As for Ebro, dont like him and the banning is a bi*ch move.
 06-01-2013, 05:07 PM         #84
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IKayBee said:
You need to be banned from the English language.
Are you a grammar teacher? ya bish
 5 years ago '07        #85
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$13,313 | Props total: 8562 8562
I saw the interview and afterwards I respected Riff Raff a lot more. He didnt shy away from the blind sided bi*ch a.ss attack. Ebro was on some lets gang up on the white boy bully sh*t. Im no fan of Riff Raff but I hate n*ggas who act hard just becuz they think they got back up. Ebro a.ssumed that he would get street cred points for "exposing" the white boy. But Riff Raff seems like a real dude. And its even more bi*ch made becuz Riff Raff was humble and even showed mad respect to Ebro and they seemed to come an "agree to disagree" resolution. So I thought it was squashed
 5 years ago '04        #86
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,014 | Props total: 1903 1903
I'm on the fence with this one....

'Cause while on one hand I agree with Ebro's stance on RiFFRaFF being an all around wack/lame individual (from raps - to his character as a WHOLE). I feel it's wrong for Ebro to take the 'bully' route that he's taking. I DON'T believe in RiFFRaFF's heart he believe's he's doing anything wrong - HE feels like he's an artist, like he has something to say, and that he can make it in this game - so be it, LET him. You don't got to rock w/ the man's music, or him as an individual; but don't rock or knock him down because you don't agree with what he's doing or his style. There's other/PLENTY of BLACK cats in this rap game who is 'making a mockery' out of it, who isn't contributing much, who is DESTROYING the art... call THEM out too.

'Cause if you don't, and just single him out, not only does it look and appear to be weak, but on the racist side too, and that's NOT what hip-hop is about, at all.

So - I kinda understand what Ebro is sayin' about messin' up the culture and Riff's 'bafoonery' tactics and style, but - you can't just call HIM out on his lonely when he ain't the ONLY cat like that.

(And, oh yeah, from my understanding RiFF isn't/wasn't banned - simply wasn't invited; and WON'T be - for obvious reasons....)
 5 years ago '12        #87
IKayBee 
space
avatar space
space
$4,613 | Props total: 1186 1186
 corys35 said:
Are you a grammar teacher? ya bish
Why? Are you looking for one?
 5 years ago '05        #88
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 Sir Bangz said:
He can't lose his job because he holds a big position down at Hot 97. I think he is the program director.

In other words you're mad
He can lose his job, and he will. Maybe not today but if he stays on the same path he will. And no I am not mad, I'm just pointing out the obvious. You done d!ck riding a program director? Or na?
 5 years ago '04        #89
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 Sir Bangz said:


He can't lose his job because he holds a big position down at Hot 97. I think he is the program director.

Ebro can get fired just like anybody else at Hot 97 can get fired, you think Ebro owns Hot 97 or something ??
 5 years ago '05        #90
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,020 | Props total: 537 537
Wow so Ebro grilled him.. Riff raff handled himself well regardless if u like him or not.... I personally don't but why ban him.. . Riff raff not even an aggressive cat Warrenton banning... It's like black balling just cus u dot like him
 06-01-2013, 05:33 PM         #91
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
According to Ebro, he didn't ban him. Just didn't extend him an invitation. But I can see why Riff Raff considers it a ban, because we all know Summer Jam is all about bringing out guests, and Bronson was a cinch to bring him out.
 5 years ago '12        #92
bkkid92 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$9,421 | Props total: 4061 4061
summer jam hasn't been summer jam these last few years. back in the day it was the place to be.
 06-01-2013, 05:37 PM         #93
Leezee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Time Stamp ?? How about the whole interview ???


the whole time Ebro was talking about how Riff Raff was a poser and bad for Hip-Hop, He pretty much let it be known that he didn't even think Riff Raff belonged in Hip Hop and that his existence was detrimental to the culture. He pretty much called Riff Raff a modern day minstrel show.

Is it really that much of a surprise he decided to ban him after that ??
Yes it is alil confusing. I watched the interview, and while they disagreed on some points, Ebro acted as if he was led to understand Riff Raff and left on a good note. Thats a bi*ch move and a half....
 5 years ago '05        #94
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
 Blue Smoke said:
he needs to be banned from music altogether.

this dude is wack as fu*k
 5 years ago '05        #95
Kallywood 
space
space
space
$698 | Props total: 37 37
 psylence2k said:
Ebro beefing with small time rappers while allowing horrible artists with much huger influence to r*pe him behind closed doors.
 5 years ago '13        #96
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
avatar space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 DanBootleg said:
He can lose his job, and he will. Maybe not today but if he stays on the same path he will. And no I am not mad, I'm just pointing out the obvious. You done d!ck riding a program director? Or na?
 psylence2k said:
Ebro can get fired just like anybody else at Hot 97 can get fired, you think Ebro owns Hot 97 or something ??
Never said he did own hot97. But he has so much influence and been there for so many years the likeliness of him getting fired is slim. He will more than likely quit before that happens. I mean in all honesty, if he was to get fired it would have happened years ago.

Also psylence. You should learn how to spell it right and stay silent because your a.ssumption is wrong. I am not an Ebro fan, but I feel Riff Raff is bad for the hip-hop culture. He makes rap seem like a joke and that is something I'm not too fond of.



Last edited by Guvnor; 06-01-2013 at 05:43 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #97
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 Sir Bangz said:

Also psylence. You should learn how to spell it right and stay silent because your a.ssumption is wrong. I am not an Ebro fan, but I feel Riff Raff is bad for the hip-hop culture. He makes rap seem like a joke and that is something I'm not too fond of.




What a.ssumption ?? When did I call you an Ebro fan ??

How are you going to tell some to stop making an a.ssumption when you're making an incorrect a.ssumption of an a.ssumption ??

and then throw in a corny joke in there to be slick as well ??

the point in here that most people are trying to make isn't about Riff Raff's influence on the culture it's about Ebro's hypocrisy.
 5 years ago '05        #98
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 Sir Bangz said:
Never said he did own hot97. But he has so much influence and been there for so many years the likeliness of him getting fired is slim. He will more than likely quit before that happens. I mean in all honesty, if he was to get fired it would have happened years ago.

Also psylence. You should learn how to spell it right and stay silent because your a.ssumption is wrong. I am not an Ebro fan, but I feel Riff Raff is bad for the hip-hop culture. He makes rap seem like a joke and that is something I'm not too fond of.

This is where you're wrong. I think a flamboyant character who is respectful and personable to everyone he encounters is good for hip-hop. He also caters to his fans because, correct me if I am wrong, but the majority of his work is released for free. More rappers should adapt to RiFF RaFF's formula when it comes to engaging their audience.
 5 years ago '13        #99
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
avatar space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 psylence2k said:


What a.ssumption ?? When did I call you an Ebro fan ??

How are you going to tell some to stop making an a.ssumption when you're making an incorrect a.ssumption of an a.ssumption ??

and then throw in a corny joke in there to be slick as well ??

the point in here that most people are trying to make isn't about Riff Raff's influence on the culture it's about Ebro's hypocrisy.
My bad I mixed you up with the other poster. All yall n*ggas post the same anyway and have similar views.

But thats here nor there though

Other than that my point was raised because I don't like Riff Raff. i don't care enough to make a point about Ebro in this thread.
 5 years ago '04        #100
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,086 | Props total: 613 613
I thought riff raff was a clown to but he puts hella work in to get his name out there. He can be corny as fu*k but you'd be surprised how many of his songs are dope. That being stated... I ain't co-signing Ebro sh*tting on him because Riff Raff is an average hiphop artist in 2013. let him live.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 22
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 16
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy