The-Dream's IV Play is projected to sell....

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Blue GM 247 heat pts247
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
 Icee said:
I've never heard a subpar album from THE DREAM, even 1977 was hot (the free version) .
1977 was better than this album imo.
 06-01-2013, 02:21 PM         #42
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dream's solo stuff will get its due down the line. Real music heads know, though. I kind of prefer it that way. It's cool to have stuff to listen to that everyone else isn't up on.
 5 years ago '04        #43
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
didnt even kno their was promo for this,not surprised it did such low numbers...
 5 years ago '06        #44
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,210 | Props total: 5023 5023
his worst album
 06-01-2013, 02:41 PM         #45
ralph lauren 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALTheGreatS said:
The Dream done turned into a nightmare.
 06-01-2013, 02:45 PM         #46
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree that it's his worst album. But the majority of it stands next to the rest of his discography. His first 3 albums can be played straight through, no skips. This one had a few songs that didn't merit repeat listens, it's clear he was shooting for hit singles, and not so much of a cohesive album. The duet w/ Kelly might take off and get him sales, same for the Beyonce/2 Chainz collab.

High Art, I think could have been a hit, but Jay-Z didn't bring his A game and actually took away from the song, rather than add to it. Psycho also should have been on the album, not just the deluxe edition. Big Sean was also out of place on his guest appearance, should have stuck with just Pusha on that track, or given it to Pusha for himself. That song, with Dream's hook and 2-3 Pusha verses, could have been the track to get his LP on shelves.
 5 years ago '11        #47
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,204 | Props total: 24669 24669
 Kyrietolakers said:
The weeknd nxt up
fu*k this old a.ss ham ham burglar wanna k!ll himself for a bi*ch punk n*gga
No simpin rnb ova here
XO takin em out!
lose your virginity and think you can talk smack You might be the 2nd lamest dude on the site. (DrX got that top spot on lock )
 5 years ago '10        #48
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 HoLLiwood Heyti said:
BUT the thing is, he's a brand and when he puts sh*t out for retail, its expected to sale. He choose to try and come out the background, and be a superstar and to some extent, he failed. It must suck to know that people wanna hear your lyrics being sung by other artist but when it comes to your own voice, nobody goes out and supports it.

He needs to stick to writing/producing, Ne-Yo has that short, hat wearing, questionable/zesty songwriter turned singer lane on lock..
dream discog>>>> your fav r&b artist

dream makes real music thats not gonna be pop or played on top 40 (even LITERALLY states that in his song) he has more money than 90% of these rappers and r&b singers. one of the only artists that OWNS every song he's ever written so dream has never cared about numbers cause the n*gga beyond paid for the sh*t he writes. album is dope.
 06-01-2013, 04:11 PM         #49
Khanage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unless your Hov, who doesnt flop anymore?
 5 years ago '04        #50
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
Not suprised.......people dont buy albums these days no matter how much they like the album or artist.....then they want to argue about sales and soundscan all damn day.
 5 years ago '05        #51
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,814 | Props total: 2614 2614
i was thinkin about buying the album but i really didn't like it like that. ill prolly just cop a few songs off it. i bought all of his other cds though.
 5 years ago '13        #52
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Verse said:
not surprised. aside from his first album, he never was a big seller.
 X_WunderKind_X said:
the thing about dream is that he has never cared about sales tho... he's never needed to.....
Exactly.

They pretty much said what I was thinking.

Dudes first album is the only one that really sold. Other than that he just makes hit sons whether it's for other artist or himself.
 5 years ago '05        #53
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Khanage said:
Unless your Hov, Justin Timberlake, Kanye or Eminem, who doesnt flop anymore?
Fixed.
 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM         #54
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He knows he won't have the same success with his own music as he does writing for others. I think in his case he just enjoys the process and isn't too worried about sales. That being said major n*ggas selling that fu*king low is a joke.
 5 years ago '04        #55
justinjones 307 heat pts307 OP
space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
why people keep saying he makes hits for himself when he hasn't had a personal hit since 08
 5 years ago '04        #56
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,930 | Props total: 7567 7567
 Stupid Fresh said:
his worst album
By far.

I didn't think Love King was all that great either but it had a few UNDENIABLE tracks on there (Nikki, Abyss, s3x Intelligence Remix, etc.). This one doesn't have a single song that is remarkable. Michael and New Orleans are the closest, but they both fall short.

Still.. doesn't really matter. Everyone knows Dream got more bread that 80% of the music business put together, so his sales never mattered.

Honestly... I don't know why anyone even still tracks album sales. Buying albums in 2013 doesn't even make any sense. Even if you're the type of n*gga to pay for your music (most ain't), you can get Spotify.. I got this album off of Google's new streaming service on day 1. sh*t is $7.99 per month for all the music in the god damn world, including this album... why the fu*k would I then go out and spend another $9.99 for just this?
 5 years ago '10        #57
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Damn 21k sold but 10 million have your album
 5 years ago '07        #58
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,352 | Props total: 1081 1081
 TizOnly1 said:
By far.

I didn't think Love King was all that great either but it had a few UNDENIABLE tracks on there (Nikki, Abyss, s3x Intelligence Remix, etc.). This one doesn't have a single song that is remarkable. Michael and New Orleans are the closest, but they both fall short.

Still.. doesn't really matter. Everyone knows Dream got more bread that 80% of the music business put together, so his sales never mattered.

Honestly... I don't know why anyone even still tracks album sales. Buying albums in 2013 doesn't even make any sense. Even if you're the type of n*gga to pay for your music (most ain't), you can get Spotify.. I got this album off of Google's new streaming service on day 1. sh*t is $7.99 per month for all the music in the god damn world, including this album... why the fu*k would I then go out and spend another $9.99 for just this?
cuz ur fu*ken broke its just 10$ damn
 5 years ago '04        #59
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,930 | Props total: 7567 7567
Ok... I already have the album.. paid for via my streaming subscription (not stolen)... and I'm supposed to pay more for what purpose? To give Terius Nash more money? To give the label more money? To give Apple more money?

sh*t has nothing to do with broke fam... there's just literally zero good reason to do it.

If you think there is any reason to do this.. you probably waste a bunch of money on a bunch of stupid sh*t. Good for you, I guess.. but that's not my style.. and judging by album sales tanking in recent years, most people feel the same.
 5 years ago '05        #60
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,225 | Props total: 9629 9629
 justinjones said:
why people keep saying he makes hits for himself when he hasn't had a personal hit since 08
I've noticed on Boxden that there are multiple definitions of 'hit' even though there really is only one definition if we're honest.
 varun313 said:
cuz ur fu*ken broke its just 10$ damn
Don't hurt them my dude.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 8 - Tom Down! TV One Cancels NewsOne Now Bye Bye Roland
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago