May 31 - Cheerios Commercial Featuring Mixed Race Family Gets Racist Backlash

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #81
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,312 | Props total: 7968 7968
who cares, cheerios is a wack a.ss cereal

pops>>>>>>
 5 years ago '10        #82
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Giovanni Cassa said:
I feel sorry for people that see an "agenda" in everything that happens. Because they feel like their whole existence is controlled and can never be free.
Having an opinion or sharing a big picture observation does not mean a person is controlled. It just means that the person is aware. Nothing more, nothing less.
 5 years ago '04        #83
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,911 | Props total: 1153 1153
 ra1n said:
idiotic/liberal mentality

uh, that's exactly why (white) people are "racist"

this race mixing agenda hurts one group of people: white people.

is it wrong for them to want to preserve their race/heritage?
*looks @ your buddy icon*

*spits out drink*
 5 years ago '11        #84
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,924 | Props total: 1654 1654
 Jacc Blacc said:
who cares, cheerios is a wack a.ss cereal

pops>>>>>>

Pops? haven't eaten that sh*t since I was like 11, honey nut cheerios >>>

but now I mostly fu*k with Special K with berries
 5 years ago '10        #85
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 pbballin said:
Pops? haven't eaten that sh*t since I was like 11, honey nut cheerios >>>

but now I mostly fu*k with Special K with berries
Fruit and Yogurt>>>
 5 years ago '11        #86
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
are you fu*king kidding me
 5 years ago '05        #87
gregnice631 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,392 | Props total: 3189 3189
so i guess its a problem when commercials on tv represent the real world. i bet if it was a homos3xual couple with a child it would get praise.
 5 years ago '11        #88
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,256 | Props total: 17693 17693
Its sad that this is considered bold in 2013.... we not even close to where we wanna be....but its refreshing to see this
 06-01-2013, 11:22 AM         #89
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Giovanni Cassa said:
Yeah, it's ok, but how does it help you just being proud of your race? Honestly? You should be proud of yourself, not of your race imo.

On topic: fu*k everyone who's against this commercial! All I see is a happy family.
Well when your people went through some hardships where incredible people had to go against the people as well as the system against them, and they did so in a non-violent civilized manor whereas the people who called them savages and animals were the one's acting like savages and animals. You're proud. You know what your people can do even when those same people who oppressed your people continue to tell you that your people can't.
 5 years ago '07        #90
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,835 | Props total: 1999 1999
 Matt504 said:

[pic - click to view]

White mom is at kitchen table appearing to be doing something important like "paperwork"

[pic - click to view]

The daughter was told by her Black father that Cheerios were good for the heart.
The daughter obviously didn't take her Black father's word for it as she had to confirm it with her White mother, whom she believed immediately, didn't have to verify any of her answers.

[pic - click to view]

Stereotypical image of lazy Black male sleeping on sofa as the White mother is in the kitchen doing something that appears to be important.

keep in mind that the Black Father was the one who told his daughter that Cheerios were good for the heart, implying that this is something he already knows, also implying that the daughter knows that he knows as well because he's the one who told the daughter.

so why did she pour Cheerios all over his "heart", what exactly is being implied here?
son... son... remove the words white and black from your post and you have your average family commercial/sitcom but its interesting that you see all this racial undertones just because dude is black

Last edited by RJ96; 06-01-2013 at 11:35 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #91
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
So, the idiots focus on race instead of the message of the little girl wanting to make sure her dad's heart stays healthy.

Like the first bi*ch that commented watches commercials to be accurately portrayed. I bet she isn't complaining about accurate portrayal when she watches all the dumb a.ss reality shows and dramas on TV now.
 5 years ago '09        #92
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
 RJ96 said:
son... son... remove the words white and black from your post and you have your average family commercial/sitcom but its interesting that you see all this racial undertones just because dude is black
Exactly
 5 years ago '11        #93
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1575 1575
 ra1n said:
idiotic/liberal mentality

uh, that's exactly why (white) people are "racist"

this race mixing agenda hurts one group of people: white people.

is it wrong for them to want to preserve their race/heritage?
 5 years ago '04        #94
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,113 | Props total: 1365 1365
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
no that's not what I'm saying. I believe it's perfectly ok to be proud of your race as long as it is not in comparison to another. But what I meant was that with a world filled with people of multiple cultures, the elitism of one race over another simply cannot exist. But that's not to say everyone is racist. There are good human beings of all races throughout society right now.
lmfao. Race is hilarious to me. If life started in Africa...

I won't go there.

If you look a certain way, they say you belong to a certain group, because humans like groups. Rather it's a neighborhood, gang, royal family, village, skin color, tattoos, they just like groups for whatever reason.

I don't see any problem whatsoever with that commercial.

I do realize though that there are people alive today that lived in a time where you would be hung, k!lled, or beaten for stuff like this. Let them die off and then you'll see the change in society on a bigger scale. It's just like being gay. Kids grow up now thinking being gay is whatever. When they are 40-50.....being gay REALLY won't be anything.
 5 years ago '04        #95
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,113 | Props total: 1365 1365
 Tastemaker331 said:
This type of sh*t only happens in America bro
perhaps that's because "they" want us to be the most diverse for a reason. If you can't get along with the people in your city, state, country, etc... based on these trivial things, imagine how hard it would be to f!ght against the government of your country.
 5 years ago '05        #96
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4234 4234
cute commercial
 5 years ago '05        #97
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
 palogee said:
Read Willy Lynch's speech.

Light skinned black has always been tolerated more than dark skin.
If you haven't read Willie Lynch's speech and you're black, you certainly should. But you don't even have to... look at Boxden's eyecandy section.
 5 years ago '07        #98
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
they love us
 06-01-2013, 01:05 PM         #99
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JimDinO77 said:
cute commercial
 andremackassi said:
any n*gga that says the commercial was "cute" is a f*g....aint no man supposed to use the word cute in that context
 5 years ago '04        #100
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5482 5482
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
no that's not what I'm saying. I believe it's perfectly ok to be proud of your race as long as it is not in comparison to another. But what I meant was that with a world filled with people of multiple cultures, the elitism of one race over another simply cannot exist. But that's not to say everyone is racist. There are good human beings of all races throughout society right now.
that scenario is exactly what the white man feared for so long.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy