May 31 - Cheerios Commercial Featuring Mixed Race Family Gets Racist Backlash

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It's being proud of your heritage and your culture. This heritage and culture happens to be side by side with a race

It's what differentiates people the most I would say. But the lines are slowly becoming blurred

There are only 3 ethnic groups (or race as you call it) in the world: mongoloid, negroid & caucasoid. Within each of the specific group the culture varies differently.

Nowadays identity isn't given by race or the confines of your culture. The individual is solely responsible for giving himself an identity. At least the open-minded ones.
 5 years ago '05        #62
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
I think it's an awesome commercial.

If this commercial triggers the thought of "racial genocide" (as the article stated was one person's comments) then you truly have some fu*ked up things wrong going on your head and need to seek some counseling.
 5 years ago '06        #63
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,530 | Props total: 950 950
 5 years ago '10        #64
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
Black men have been paired with white or racially ambiguous women in commercials for a while now. Seriously, the only time obviously-looking black women are in a commercial, it's for beauty products.

The only thing that Cheerios did, was make the relationship more obvious.

I wouldn't protest about this commercial though. However, there is clearly an agenda to push a "mainstream" type of beauty...and most men have fallen for it already (i.e. light skin, fine hair, mixed chicks are prettier mentality)
 5 years ago '05        #65
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Some of you should just k!ll yourselves for being useless members to society

Continue to waste brain power whining about stupid sh*t. Jesus christ

a cereal commercial

Last edited by Bea5T; 06-01-2013 at 07:40 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #66
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,071 | Props total: 17369 17369
Nevermind. Son ain't worth it

I love seeing racist people though man....I appreciate the good comedy they provide.

Continue on
 5 years ago '10        #67
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Giovanni Cassa said:
There are only 3 ethnic groups (or race as you call it) in the world: mongoloid, negroid & caucasoid. Within each of the specific group the culture varies differently.

Nowadays identity isn't given by race or the confines of your culture. The individual is solely responsible for giving himself an identity. At least the open-minded ones.
That's why I said culture defines a person. Whether it be an obvious culture followed by many or a unique amalgamation of different cultures.

In the past, the culture usually solely represented a certain group of people.
 06-01-2013, 07:46 AM         #68
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Patrick Galooly said:
When they show gay people on t.v. people say there's an agenda. Is this an agenda or idea that's being pushed?
Read Willy Lynch's speech.

Light skinned black has always been tolerated more than dark skin.
 06-01-2013, 07:47 AM         #69
SteveBoogie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man guys we just gotta go back to segregation.
 5 years ago '11        #70
space
space
 Pete Butter said:
Black men have been paired with white or racially ambiguous women in commercials for a while now. Seriously, the only time obviously-looking black women are in a commercial, it's for beauty products.

The only thing that Cheerios did, was make the relationship more obvious.

I wouldn't protest about this commercial though. However, there is clearly an agenda to push a "mainstream" type of beauty...and most men have fallen for it already (i.e. light skin, fine hair, mixed chicks are prettier mentality)

I feel sorry for people that see an "agenda" in everything that happens. Because they feel like their whole existence is controlled and can never be free.
 06-01-2013, 07:55 AM         #71
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obama gave all of these closet racists a reason to come out. I see it as a good thing. I want to make sure my enemies are visible and easier to spot. So tired of these cowards smiling in my face and talking slick on the internet....how can they live with themselves living like that?!
 06-01-2013, 08:01 AM         #72
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mwana Ya Lola said:

Boxden users think that the emergence of mixed people will erase racism or a race based vsion of society; they are wrong.

In South Africa, mixed people consider themselves and act like a race. If you go to Haiti mixed people and black don't really fu*k wit each other.
We are not South Africa, we are not Haiti.....We are in America. In America all you need is one drop of Black blood to be considered Black. In America, if you look Black you are Black. Mixed people in America are not any different than Black people. The mentality has always been different in the Caribbean and South Africa.
 5 years ago '11        #73
space
space
 Matt504 said:

[pic - click to view]

White mom is at kitchen table appearing to be doing something important like "paperwork"

[pic - click to view]

The daughter was told by her Black father that Cheerios were good for the heart.
The daughter obviously didn't take her Black father's word for it as she had to confirm it with her White mother, whom she believed immediately, didn't have to verify any of her answers.

[pic - click to view]

Stereotypical image of lazy Black male sleeping on sofa as the White mother is in the kitchen doing something that appears to be important.

keep in mind that the Black Father was the one who told his daughter that Cheerios were good for the heart, implying that this is something he already knows, also implying that the daughter knows that he knows as well because he's the one who told the daughter.

so why did she pour Cheerios all over his "heart", what exactly is being implied here?

More like "what the father (bread earner) does when he comes back from work" and "what a housewife does at home". Normal family to me.

I guess you can look at it either way, nobody knows exactly what the director meant, but you have to ask yourself "is it right for me to think like this"?
 5 years ago '08        #74
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 ra1n said:
idiotic/liberal mentality

uh, that's exactly why (white) people are "racist"

this race mixing agenda hurts one group of people: white people.

is it wrong for them to want to preserve their race/heritage?
Why would it hurt white people? Uncle Tom?

There will always be more white people.
 06-01-2013, 08:10 AM         #75
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
Some of you should just k!ll yourselves for being useless members to society

Continue to waste brain power whining about stupid sh*t. Jesus christ

a cereal commercial

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #76
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Giovanni Cassa said:
I feel sorry for people that see an "agenda" in everything that happens. Because they feel like their whole existence is controlled and can never be free.
The media always has an agenda bruh

It's their job
 06-01-2013, 08:25 AM         #77
Mwana Ya Lola 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:
We are not South Africa, we are not Haiti.....We are in America. In America all you need is one drop of Black blood to be considered Black. In America, if you look Black you are Black. Mixed people in America are not any different than Black people. The mentality has always been different in the Caribbean and South Africa.
Your answer has nothing to do with my post.

You're talking about the one drop rule; I'm talking about the EMERGENCE of a generation of mixed people representing themselves as mixed as opposed (or different) to black.

Many users on BX (look at this thread) are thinking that this process ( the multiplication of bi-racial couples and racially mixed kids) will lead to the end of racism or a race based society; I think that they're wrong.

That's why I gave the Haitian and the South African examples: because they had the same process, almost.

Last edited by Mwana Ya Lola; 06-01-2013 at 08:31 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #78
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
 S.TEX said:
yeah that would go really well
 Matt504 said:

[pic - click to view]

White mom is at kitchen table appearing to be doing something important like "paperwork"

[pic - click to view]

The daughter was told by her Black father that Cheerios were good for the heart.
The daughter obviously didn't take her Black father's word for it as she had to confirm it with her White mother, whom she believed immediately, didn't have to verify any of her answers.

[pic - click to view]

Stereotypical image of lazy Black male sleeping on sofa as the White mother is in the kitchen doing something that appears to be important.

keep in mind that the Black Father was the one who told his daughter that Cheerios were good for the heart, implying that this is something he already knows, also implying that the daughter knows that he knows as well because he's the one who told the daughter.

so why did she pour Cheerios all over his "heart", what exactly is being implied here?
thats a nice pov homie, but at least the black husband wasn't a shucking and jiving thug and th white wife wasn't fat.
 5 years ago '11        #79
space
space
 Matt504 said:

Well, I agree with what's being said in that vid, but that doesn't mean that this particular commercial has a hidden agenda to discredit black people. White people are the majority and maybe sometimes they subconsciously portray darker skinned people as having bad attributes, but in real life only uneducated people would a.ssume that to be true. And I ain't talking about formal education.
 5 years ago '10        #80
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
lol how can you get mAD over this. people suck forreal. i wish i could sit down and have a conversation with a racist just to pick his/her brain on why they feel this way.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago