Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

most viewed right now
britney spears s3xtape leaks - her people claim its fake
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Truth About your Birth Certificate! Smh
8 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Mar 23 - 14 Girls is Washington DC between the ages of 10 - 18 are missing!!!!!
55 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This random post proves DRAKE's SIMP levels are unmatched
39 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #1
54076 pageviews
440 comments

jessesbaby1908 49 heat pts49
space
space
$174 | Props total: 2 2
Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

This week Reddit users were asked: ‘What is the scariest/creepiest thing you have seen/heard?

Below is ten of the best.

10. Hunter

'My old co-worker had a son named Hunter that was 4 or 5. She said that Hunter would have bad dreams and that he would sleep with his dad when he got scared. ‘One night his dad woke up because he heard Hunter calling him. But he was calling him by his name, not ‘dad’. So he went to his room and he was asleep. ‘He woke him up and said “Hunter, you were calling me. Is everything okay?” And Hunter said, “Dad, when they call you you’re not supposed to answer.” and fell back asleep. ‘He asked him about it in the morning but he said he didn’t remember saying it. ‘I get chills when I think about it.’ – LumosTheNox

9. Car accident

'There is a thread somewhere that described a guy taking a scenic route in the middle of the night to get to a certain town. He was driving up a hill, and came upon a car accident with two cars on the side of the road and a person lying down on the ground. ‘For some reason he caught a bad vibe from it, and slowly drove past the scene. He stopped about 100 feet past it, looked behind him, and the person on the ground was standing up and staring at him, with about 20 other people coming out of the woods.’ – Newbs280

8. Attic

'Boyfriend lived in a house that made no sense–there was a light switch on a baseboard that worked a light two rooms away, for instance. ‘He decided to see if there was room in the attic space for some boxes. So Boyfriend opens the hatch-thing, pulls down the ladder, and goes up. Pulls the chain for the light to come on. The bare bulb is over a dusty room empty except for a rusty, metal children’s high chair. ‘Boyfriend clicked the light back off, came back down the ladder, and said, “No, we’re never going up there.”‘ – Kittae

7. Shower

'Woke up one night around 1am, heard the shower was on… I first thought it was my brother, he works night shifts, so thought he had came home late and was in the shower… It went on for about half an hour until I got up and went to see wtf he was doing… ‘No one was in the shower, my brother wasn’t home yet, I was the only one in the house. Still to this day, i have no idea how it turned on or who did it.. Almost 5 years later I still think about it… Even writing this now I feel like turning every light on in the house ahah whyyy do I do this to myself!!’ - designerlogic

6. Crayon

'My parents bought their first house back in 1972. It was a fixer-upper, but they decided to move in right away and fix things as time/money permitted. ‘Within a few days of moving in, the new neighbours came over to introduce themselves. They also let my parents know that the previous owners had moved out after a nasty divorce. They had lost their second baby from SIDS, and their relationship went downhill from there. ‘My parents were horrified, more so because they were newly pregnant and couldn’t imagine going through such a thing. ‘They eventually pretty much forgot all about it. Life went on. They were in love with their new life and their new house. ‘In preparation for the baby, they decided to wallpaper the nursery. Now, my Dad told my mom there was no need in wallpapering the inside of the closet, but she insisted. She was kneeling down, scraping off old paint inside of the closet when her eyes fell upon something that made her blood turn to ice. ‘Written in crayon, at about eye level for a kindergardner, in childish scrawl was: I k!llED THE BABY.’ – Reddit user

5. Karen Wetterhahn

‘The story of Karen Wetterhahn. ‘Essentially, she was a chemistry professor at Dartmouth. She was working with an organic mercury compound that was relatively unknown at the time. A drop spilled on her gloved hand. No big deal usually. Turns out dimethyl mercury penetrates latex gloves really quickly, and a drop on the hand is a death sentence. She slipped into a coma about 6 months later and then died. The really terrifying part is the description of her coma. ‘One of her former students described it as not being “… the kind of coma I’d expected… She was thrashing about. Her husband saw tears rolling down her face. I asked if she was in pain. The doctors said it didn’t appear that her brain could even register pain.”‘ - larsendt

4. Scuba dive

'This was a few years ago on a night scuba dive. There were 8 of us in the group including our dive master and his a.ssistant. We had just finished our dive and were gathered up in a circle ready to ascend and get out of the water when my dive master freezes. He takes his flashlight and pointing it outside our circle of divers he catches something circling us with the beam. Turns out it was a 12 foot long great white shark. ‘At this point half of the group are trying to keep the shark illuminated as it circles us and remarkably everyone stayed calm. The only things going through my mind were iterations of these two thoughts, “don’t look like a yummy delicious fatty seal, and that I hope I taste terrible.” ‘My dive master gets our attention and slowly puts his thumb up and then makes an upward motion. We all begin to ascend and the shark kept with us until we were maybe 10 feet from the surface. Then it turned off into the darkness and was gone. I did not go back into the ocean for about a week after that.’ - Caboose2701

3. Babysitter

So one day, this girl was called over to babysit. She did it a lot for these people, so it was routine for her. Anyways, she was told to put the kids to bed at 9, and she did. After she put the [kids] to bed, she started watching TV and doing homework, waiting for the parents to come home. But then, she started hearing some noises coming out of the basement, like pans falling and stuff. ‘She just ignored it, and thought it was the washing machine or something. Anyways, a little later, she starts hearing the noises again. She decides to call the police, and tell them she was hearing noises coming out of the basement at the house she’s babysitting at. ‘The lady at the station told her there’s a patroller in her area, and that he’ll be at the house in about 20 minutes. Anyways, in about 5 minutes, she hears a knock on the door. She answers, and it’s a full swat team. She asked, “I thought they were just sending a patroller..” and one of the guys told her “after you hung up the phone, we heard a second phone on the line hang up”. ‘Ended up there was a man in the basement, listening to the conversation. The lady in the station waited and heard him hang up, then immediately sent the swat team to help. They went downstairs and caught him.’ – bondmaxbondrock

reply posted on 30-5-2013 @ 04:16 PM by Lady_Tuatha
2. Bike ride

‘I was about 15 minutes from finishing the night shift at work when there was a massive crash on one of the windows in the office so I get up and go to check it out. Someone has thrown quite a sizable rock through one of the windows on the front of the building. ‘This is made especially weird because I’m working in the industrial district at 11:30 at night with none of the other businesses open. I go back to my desk, put a quick call through to security to let them know and decide to head home. ‘As I’m leaving the building I’m freaking myself out about it more and more and end up running to my car, getting in and taking off. I’m almost home and I’ve started to calm down a bit when I realise that I didn’t unlock my car when I got in. It had been unlocked the whole time. I do a quick check with my hand in the backseat for any possible murderers that might be hanging around there but there’s nothing there. ‘Fast forward 30 minutes: I’ve called a friend of mine who says he is out drinking so I decide I’m going to join him. I jump on my bicycle and start riding over. I’m doodling along the road on my bike, it’s a nice night and I’m in no big rush, just enjoying the moonlight when I hear someone riding behind me. I straighten up and stick to one side of the road. He passes me really slowly and, when he is right beside me, he shoots me a smile I can describe as purely f*****g insane. I kind of flinch and am taken aback as he rides on. That’s when I realise. He is riding my mom’s bike. ‘Needless to say, I sprint home. When I get there, sure enough her bike is missing and one of my car’s doors is open. The back left one. I was driving, and had no need to open that door.’ – cranklowza

1. Vacation

‘I was on vacation in Ithaca with my boyfriend at the time. We had literally, I’m talking 10 minutes, just gotten into town and stopped at a suspension bridge near Cornell’s campus. I’m terrified of heights and, so, my boyfriend was coaxing me step by step over the bridge. It was gorgeous and we stopped at the middle to take a picture. ‘On the side we had come from there was a parking lot with steps leading to the bottom of the gorge but on the far side there were hiking paths with no barrier. A woman walked past us and offered to take a picture for us. ‘We declined and she smiled and walked quickly to the far side of the bridge where she smoothly jumped off into the gorge. There was not a second of hesitation, it was almost like she expected the path to keep going. The sound of a person hitting the ground from a jump like that sticks with you.’ - spectre_alabama
JustAblakazzNig and 1 others gave props

440 comments for "Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users"

4 years ago '09        #2
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,040 | Props total: 21 21
9. Car accident

'There is a thread somewhere that described a guy taking a scenic route in the middle of the night to get to a certain town. He was driving up a hill, and came upon a car accident with two cars on the side of the road and a person lying down on the ground. ‘For some reason he caught a bad vibe from it, and slowly drove past the scene. He stopped about 100 feet past it, looked behind him, and the person on the ground was standing up and staring at him, with about 20 other people coming out of the woods.’ – Newbs280

this sh*t fu*ked with me
JustAblakazzNig and 3 others gave props

4 years ago '10        #3
El Perix 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,099 | Props total: 2 2
Good read. I enjoy sh*t like this.
Yogiya34 and 1 others gave props

05-30-2013, 05:50 PM         #4
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3. Babysitter

So one day, this girl was called over to babysit. She did it a lot for these people, so it was routine for her. Anyways, she was told to put the kids to bed at 9, and she did. After she put the [kids] to bed, she started watching TV and doing homework, waiting for the parents to come home. But then, she started hearing some noises coming out of the basement, like pans falling and stuff. ‘She just ignored it, and thought it was the washing machine or something. Anyways, a little later, she starts hearing the noises again. She decides to call the police, and tell them she was hearing noises coming out of the basement at the house she’s babysitting at. ‘The lady at the station told her there’s a patroller in her area, and that he’ll be at the house in about 20 minutes. Anyways, in about 5 minutes, she hears a knock on the door. She answers, and it’s a full swat team. She asked, “I thought they were just sending a patroller..” and one of the guys told her “after you hung up the phone, we heard a second phone on the line hang up”. ‘Ended up there was a man in the basement, listening to the conversation. The lady in the station waited and heard him hang up, then immediately sent the swat team to help. They went downstairs and caught him.’ – bondmaxbondrock

Imagine the dispatcher was sh*tty at her job and didnt listen for the second hangup
Swavey and 1 others gave props

4 years ago '06        #5
Prince Ace 30 heat pts30
space
space
$14,376 | Props total: 5663 5663
creepy
 4 years ago '12        #6
GoldRush 62 heat pts62
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 197 197
#9 is creepy as hell...WTF

Last edited by GoldRush; 05-30-2013 at 09:24 PM..
J_Duece gave props

4 years ago '12        #7
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,172 | Props total: 33 33
9. Car accident

JustAblakazzNig gave props

05-30-2013, 09:14 PM         #8
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yawn.
rarespecies gave props

Rondooooooo slapped this ish

4 years ago '06        #9
Clyde 1135 heat pts1135
space
space
$31,541 | Props total: 13649 13649
9. Car accident

:hillwhoa:
 05-30-2013, 09:22 PM         #10
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
9, 3 & 2

9 and 3 gave me goosebumps, especially 9 - that sh*t is fu*king creepy.

Hell, of all those 3 are
 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM         #11
dOwnByLaw310 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #12
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$52,102 | Props total: 4726 4726
Number 9 to me just sounds like a group of guys were trying to rob a passer by who they wanted to get out of the car and try and help the "injured" person who was in on it the whole time. Not sure why that's the one everyone is creeped out by. The rest of them are creepier.
ishVicious and 2 others gave props

05-30-2013, 10:14 PM         #13
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
20 people though?

There's some more suggestions in the actual replies, such as Manson's "family" operating in that area at the time and things like cult sacrifices etc.

Here's the full thing where it originated from

I was driving a shortcut from Twentynine Palms, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Twentynine Palms is located in the desolate high desert east of LA. The shortcut was all two lane road through total nothingness, except for passing through Amboy, CA. Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. It was also, at the time, a hotspot for satanic group activity.

So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. I stopped in Amboy and snapped a picture of the city sign, just to prove I was there to friends who dared me to take that route to I-40. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive up into the mountain range between Amboy and I-40.

Once I reach the top I am driving north through a canyon with high grass on both sides of the road. Up ahead I see some stuff in the middle of the road. As I approach I slow down to see a red Pontiac Fiero stopped sideways across both lanes, a suitcase open with clothes scattered everywhere and two bodies laying face down in the road, a man and a woman.

I stop a hundred feet or so away and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. Something seemed very wrong, it looked too perfect as if it were staged. An ambush? Was I being paranoid? Something was just wrong. Getting out of the car seemed unthinkable, it was the horror movie move.

As I scanned the road I saw a line I could drive. Pass the guy in the road on his left, swerve to the right side of the woman, behind the Fiero and I'd be on the other side. I dropped it into first gear, punched it and drove the line I planned.

I passed the back of the Fierro without hitting it or either of the bodies in the road. I continued forward a couple hundred feet and slowed down so I could breathe and let my heart slow down. As I looked up into the rearview mirror I saw that the two bodies had gotten up to their knees and twenty or so people emerged from the tall grass on either side of the road by the car and bodies.

At that moment my right foot smashed the gas pedal to the floor and did not let up until I had to slowdown for the I-40 east onramp.

I will never know what would have happened to me had I gotten out of the car to check on the bodies or stopped my car closer to them. Somehow I do not think it would have been good. Sometimes real life can be scarier than a movie.
Source:

Another honourable mention I've come across on the same topic is this one...

A few years back I rented an apartment from a friend of mine. He had recently bought it and had it completely renovated. He put it up for sale but couldn't find a buyer so I offered to rent it in the meantime.

After moving in I realized there was something wrong with the lady next door. She was about 45 but looked much older. She would sit up all night listening to Christian radio shows and talking loudly to someone. It got to the point where I couldn't sleep so I went over to her place and asked her to keep it down. She opened her door and I got a quick peak. Her walks all had crosses painted on them in different colors. And words like "Jesus" and "angels" scribbled everywhere. The windows were painted black letting no light in at all. It was damp, yellow stained 50 year old carpets, dog sh*t and c*ck roaches everywhere. No dog though.

I asked her to please keep it down. She just looked at me and shut the door. Then she turned up the radio even louder.

The next night I had my GF staying over. I wake up in the middle of the night and see a shadow of a person next to the bed looking at us sleeping. I think I'm hallucinating as I usually do in the dark when I'm sleepy. But then the shadow starts talking. It's my neighbor and she's holding something in her hand. She broke in during the night and who knows how long she stood there.

"You should lock your door at night" she says and walks out.

The next morning I hear someone making strange noises below my bedroom window. It's my neighbor talking to herself in tongue. She has a plastic bag in her hand with her rotting dead dog inside. It's hot as hell outside and I can smell death from the bag.

At this point I'm scared sh*tless. Shes obviously very insane. I go upstairs and knock on another persons door and ask what the hell is going on. The guy is as scared as me. Apparently she broke into his apartment one evening as well while he was watching tv with his kids. He got up from the couch to get a snack only to find her behind the couch staring at him holding a power drill. (Now I know what was in her hand)

At this stage I'm basically pooping myself. I call the cops and they know all about her. Apparently she is a violent schizzo and she hasn't taken her meds. But they can't force her or enter her apartment w/o her permission because she owns it. The only thing they can do is get her when she goes outside. I sit up for the next two days waiting for her to run out of cigarettes. When I hear her leave at 2am to go across the road to the 7-eleven I call the cops. They have 3 cars and a special van over in less than 2 minutes. They restrain her and throw her in the van and drive off to some institution and in less than a minute it's like she was never there.

I never see her again. Still have nightmares about her looking at me in my sleep.

4 years ago '11        #14
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$8,953 | Props total: 2741 2741
That car accident one is weird... Reminds me of when I lived in NC and saw a car flipped on the side of the road with people still in the car. I stopped and went to check on em but they were responsive and said they fine and didn't need help... But they were still inside of the upside down car. Weird shiit

But reading that makes me never wanna stop to check ever again
westsidedon gave props

4 years ago '10        #15
eightytyson06 38 heat pts38
space
space
$15,306 | Props total: 3510 3510
i got the chills from baby sitter and the woods
 4 years ago '06        #16
Clyde 1135 heat pts1135
space
space
$31,541 | Props total: 13649 13649
So the car accident one was actually in during daytime?
 4 years ago '05        #17
Stuart Scott 181 heat pts181
space
space
$23,276 | Props total: 12136 12136
Crazy sh*t.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #18
WILLIAM 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,040 | Props total: 1032 1032
Yall forreal??? 9 was the fakest one of them all
dracohimself and 2 others gave props

4 years ago '10        #19
Danation 4 heat pts
space
space
$820 | Props total: 13 13
 DOOMage said:
20 people though?

There's some more suggestions in the actual replies, such as Manson's "family" operating in that area at the time and things like cult sacrifices etc.

Here's the full thing where it originated from

Source:

Another honourable mention I've come across on the same topic is this one...
 4 years ago '10        #20
Danation 4 heat pts
space
space
$820 | Props total: 13 13
 B4ST4RD! said:
Yall forreal??? 9 was the fakest one of them all

I actually know someone whom was robbed that way in DR
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar IV
345 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dani Dani Dani :willdatass: Them Thangs poking out them jeans :kgdatass2:
91 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside MizzTwerksum Has A Wardrobe Malfunction! (Big Booty Exposed)
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Mar 22 - Missing 15 year old girl "heinously raped" on FB live
213 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all still buying every new Yeezy or nah?
83 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside "Damn Nature, YOU FUN"
30 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Troy Ave Crosses Out Former Manager Hovain’s Face in Artwork for New S..
107 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melina Can Do the Splits on This D1ck
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy