Man of Steel - OFFICIAL first reactions/reviews thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
I fu*kING KNEW IT.. As soon as I seen that first movie poster I knew they were gonna do Superman some justice.. As soon as I seen that this n*gga was f!ghting someone other than Lex Luthor I knew this was gonna be epic...
 5 years ago '11        #82
Biggethen 
space
space
$470 | Props total: 608 608
I just came from the movies and saw the preview, looks good.
 5 years ago '05        #83
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
Jaywing over at comicbookmovie.com saw it... Here are his thoughts.

First off let me start off by saying I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this. If I am... I understand if this article needs to be deleted and will happily do so myself or be fine with it being taken off by administrators. Also, I know there will be the skeptics... But I can honestly say (after lobbying hard with some "Higher Ups" I work for) I was able to see an advanced screening of MAN OF STEEL last night. I write at a local blog/newspaper and work in the entertainment section and can't wait to review the film after the embargo is lifted. Until then (being a frequent visitor of comic book movie.com) I thought it only fair I share my thoughts about the film to those as excited as I was to see it. So let's begin....

• I think the one word I would use to describe this film (as cliche and overly used as it is) would be EPIC. The scope of this is unlike anything we have seen in a CBM. The amount of destruction in this movie is jaw-dropping.

• Those worried about action... Should not be. That is all I'll say about that.

• As far as the story goes I would say this is one of the most focused stories I've seen in some time. The writers/filmmaker knew exactly the story they wanted to tell... and unapologetically told it. This could be viewed as a negative by many due to certain characters not being fully fleshed out, although I LOVED it. Very refreshing to not have a convoluted plot.

• Zod is now the 2nd best villain in CBM history (No one can beat ledger's performance in my eyes). Michael Shannon is nothing short of sensational.

• Cavill... Is... SUPERMAN. Best interpretation we've seen... Including the animated versions. I was blown away at how this man encompassed everything we've ever loved about superman. You could tell how into this role he was. I know many were worried when the didn't show a lot of dialogue in the trailers... But you will be glad they didn't.... On that note...

• THEY HAVE SHOWN NOTHING IN THE TRAILERS. Literally all the best moments have not been shown.

• The CGI is some of (if not THE) best I've ever seen. Zack Snyder has such a way with special effects and even though it's so over the top... You believe you're actually witnessing these things occur... Which is a huge testament to the world they have created.

• Keep your eyes (and ears) peeled... There are in fact references to the DCU (however minor they may be)

NOW FOR MY NEGATIVES (though this is nitpicking)

• Amy Adams didn't fully sell me on Lois. Though it's not necessarily her fault. She surprisingly didn't have a ton of screen time. Hopefully she will be more developed in the sequel.

•....... Well... I guess that was my only negative.

I will be writing a full review as soon as I am able and dive into the million things I loved about this movie. Is it the greatest CMB of all time? If it's not... It's pretty damn close. Snyder should be embraced by fanboys across the globe when this hits. I know I can't wait to see it again and again.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 06-01-2013 at 07:29 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #84
space
space
From Harry Knowles over at aintitcool.com

I haven't seen MAN OF STEEL yet, but I've friends that have. They seem so ecstatically impressed, that it is ridiculous
 5 years ago '07        #85
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 906 906
cumming everywhere haters catch it in they mouf like

my body is ready

5 years ago '05        #86
space
space
More from Jaywing...

I will say it's a very fresh approach. Definitely not a standard CBM. Tone wise I'd say it's somewhere inbetween the "grounded" Nolan movies and the fantastic cinematic spectacle that was the Avengers.
Quote:
The fact of the matter is Lois is a huge part of Superman's story and I felt it was a slight negative that she wasn't incorporated more.

As far as the characters go I think I spoke wrong when I said Lois is underdeveloped. The fact of the matter is this is 110% a story about Superman. The rest of the characters add to the story but never are the focus.
Quote:
I will say this... If you liked BB and TDK you will LOVE this. There has been so much emphasis on Nolan's Batman being in a seperate universe but to be honest the feel of this film feels very in line with those movies. I will say this IN MY OPINION this is just as quality of a movie as the Nolan movies.
Quote:
It is inspirational. Honesty it sounds so corny but I teared up a few times. It has this very strong undertone of hope. Some of the scenes mixed with Hans Zimmers score gave me chills (that's an understatement).

Zimmers score could not have been more perfect. Better than his work on TDK trilogy in my opinion.
Quote:
I don't want to give anything away but you will not be disappointed with how Krypton is portrayed.
Quote:
I would say this is definitely a masterpiece. Snyder clearly respects the character and mythos very much and you can feel it throughout the movie.
 5 years ago '05        #87
space
space
 andremackassi said:
n*gga said he cried a few times watching this sh*t... lol comic book fans are some of the gayest muthfu*kas on the planet.
Says the guy who shows up in all the comic book related threads on this site. No one's making you come into these damn threads. Keep it moving, bruh.
 5 years ago '05        #88
space
space
 andremackassi said:
shut all the way the fu*k fake a.ss roger ebert... i only post in about a handful of em and while i'm at fu*k kinda life do you even have? all you do is watch movies then race home and post about them like a fu*kin' nerd. if you look at most people that watch movies religiously and review them, they are the people that get little to no pus*y and live vicariously through these movie characters cause their lives aren't sh*t

This n*gga is mad as hell.

Grow up, then maybe I'll take a single word of your incoherent retarded a.ss post seriously.
 5 years ago '04        #89
atruedsgb 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,611 | Props total: 900 900
 andremackassi said:
shut all the way the fu*k fake a.ss roger ebert... i only post in about a handful of em and while i'm at fu*k kinda life do you even have? all you do is watch movies then race home and post about them like a fu*kin' nerd. if you look at most people that watch movies religiously and review them, they are the people that get little to no pus*y and live vicariously through these movie characters cause their lives aren't sh*t
You, sir, are complete and uncompromising idiot.
 5 years ago '05        #90
space
space
 andremackassi said:
typical boxden response loooool n*ggas will say you're mad cause you replied to them

what kinda dumb a.ss sh*t is that?

non original a.ss boxden members say the same exact sh*t as the next 500 posters...
Negro please. Sit your sensitive a.ss down, and relax. We all know you're mad. Just admit it.
 5 years ago '05        #91
space
space
 andremackassi said:
why would i be mad at YOUR lonely a.ss life? you acting as if i envy a n*gga that goes on dates with himself so he can post about a movie to a bunch of weirdos on a message board lol like i'm jealous of a n*gga that constantly goes to the window of a theater and says "one for man of steel" "one for fast and furious 6" etc...
Oh, now look... he thinks he's hurting my feelings. This is what an "ether" looks like to a lame-ass loser.

ANYWAY, back on subject, here's a fan-made poster for the film...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #92
space
space
The first paragraph of a VERY spoiler heavy review. Don't read it. Seriously. I didn't read it, I skimmed it, and pretty much the only paragraph without spoilers is the first paragraph...

Only once in a lifetime do we get such greatness so powerfully and vibrantly illustrated across the silver screen. It is as though filmmaker Zack Snyder truly harnesses the power to bring these fantastical, fictional super-heroes to life without compromising the essence of comic book action. It’s as dramatic or as far-fetched as any comic book page believes itself to be, but it isn’t condescending of its source material. This is the epitome of comic book to film adaptations.
 5 years ago '10        #93
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 andremackassi said:
n*gga said he cried a few times watching this sh*t... lol comic book fans are some of the gayest muthfu*kas on the planet.
 andremackassi said:
 andremackassi said:
typical boxden response loooool n*ggas will say you're mad cause you replied to them

what kinda dumb a.ss sh*t is that?

non original a.ss boxden members say the same exact sh*t as the next 500 posters...
 andremackassi said:
why would i be mad at YOUR lonely a.ss life? you acting as if i envy a n*gga that goes on dates with himself so he can post about a movie to a bunch of weirdos on a message board lol like i'm jealous of a n*gga that constantly goes to the window of a theater and says "one for man of steel" "one for fast and furious 6" etc...
 06-01-2013, 04:04 PM         #94
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So siked, and im not even siked for SUPERMAN as much and i love that character more than Batman... I'm there for ZOD!!!!!!
 5 years ago '07        #95
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 G Code said:
This is a superman movie not a super girl movie and I find it ridiculous to say a movie like this is terrible because it doesn't have what ever her definition of a strong female lead is.
She also talks about it being bad because it fails the bechdel test lol...

And to me it seems Lois is going to be a big part of the film anyway

Just saying, similar to all the reviews that say its the best thing ever, I'm not putting much stock into a review that seems to say it is good/bad for what I believe is a stupid reason to base whether a movies is good or bad
the one other review (by a male) said the same thing about Louis Lane so I'm sure she's right about that at least.

NOW FOR MY NEGATIVES (though this is nitpicking)

• Amy Adams didn't fully sell me on Lois. Though it's not necessarily her fault. She surprisingly didn't have a ton of screen time. Hopefully she will be more developed in the sequel.

•....... Well... I guess that was my only negative.

Last edited by TH35; 06-01-2013 at 04:12 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #96
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
 TH35 said:
the one other review (by a male) said the same thing about Louis Lane so I'm sure she's right about that at least.
I don't really care if she is right about that, it's not a good reason to say a film is terrible
 5 years ago '07        #97
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 G Code said:
I don't really care if she is right about that, it's not a good reason to say a film is terrible
I just responded to your comment about how she was mad about her being underdeveloped. I don't care what she thinks about the film as a whole. The only negatives I really see are about secondary characters not being developed which I don't care about either. I bought my tickets and I'm ready for it on the 13th.
 5 years ago '05        #98
space
space
 G Code said:
It could be a negative....

I mean, for us to buy Superman/Clark Kent falling in love with Lois Lane, we need to buy into her as a character.

Either, we shall see.
 5 years ago '10        #99
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
I could see it being a negative ya, Lawrence Fishburne said a long time ago that this was a Superman film and that he really didnt have a big role. Outside of Superman, Zod, and the two dads I can see everyone else just having small roles.

I have heard good things about Louis too though so who knows

Didn't watch this but I heard there is new stuff if anyone is interested.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by G Code; 06-01-2013 at 04:47 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #100
space
space
 G Code said:
I could see it being a negative ya, Lawrence Fishburne said a long time ago that this was a Superman film and that he really didnt have a big role. Outside of Superman, Zod, and the two dads I can see everyone else just having small roles.

I have heard good things about Louis too though so who knows

Didn't watch this but I heard there is new stuff if anyone is interested.

There's a ton of a new stuff. I had to stop watching at the 5 minute mark, because I don't wanna see too much of the movie..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago