Man of Steel - OFFICIAL first reactions/reviews thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #61
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
The Man of Steel

This move will be epic
 5 years ago '06        #62
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 621 621
I dislike pretty much everything about Superman including comics well except for Kingdom Come. This movie does get my attention and I will give it a try. It does look promising
 5 years ago '11        #63
pootysmack 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,973 | Props total: 517 517
 H Class said:
Outta curiosity what movie got that perfect score?
I think it was the last Rambo movie that came out.
 5 years ago '10        #64
NoahJordan 9 heat pts
space
space
$883 | Props total: 548 548
 DaOmega_1 said:
I haven't given a single 10 score September of 2011....

wich one
 5 years ago '05        #65
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 DominationCM said:
you gave Drive a 10? if so this is one you missed me with Omega....the first 10 minutes maybe
Oh, look, a Drive hater.

I will never, ever, understand the Drive hate by some members on this forum.
 5 years ago '05        #66
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 youngral said:
I dislike pretty much everything about Superman including comics well except for Kingdom Come. This movie does get my attention and I will give it a try. It does look promising
I have never liked anything Superman before.

Having said that, this movie has the potential to be epic.
 5 years ago '05        #67
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 Storchaveli said:
What puts me "above" the folks on Boxden...? The same impulse that makes you want to be heard and drives you to refer to yourself in your review headlines in the third person.

You're sheep when you rely on his views like this imbecile
I shouldn't have to explain this, but I will anyway. I put my username in the title so that my threads are easily searchable. I'll sometimes search up past threads from other members, but it'll be hard to find because there might be a ton of other threads with the same wording. I put my name there so that if someone wants to find a past review, they can.

It's not really an impulse. I share my opinions because I enjoy the debate. I have plenty of other avenues to be heard, boxden is at the bottom of that list. Also, my reviews appear on another site, I post them here because I like the conversation here.

Get over yourself. Again, what makes you any different from the "imbeciles" you refer to. For what it's worth, I'd prefer them over elitist pricks like you anyday.
 5 years ago '05        #68
space
space
Now, back to the reactions, for the most part positive, and one negative:

NOTE: I DID NOT SEE MAN OF STEEL, but collected reactions from a few tipsters who did Ö or know people who did.

Hereís what they said ...

----

FROM MOVIE PEOPLE, sent directly to me

- MOS is awesome. :) Best summer movie yet.

- I loved MOS. Completely disagreed with people nitpicking "not enough personality." It's different: Bigger action, tight, VERY focused story.

----

FROM DANIEL DALTON, on his Twitter timeline @wordsbydan

- Man Of Steel is unlike any Superman film youíve ever seen. Initial thoughts: Looked amazing, action was stunning, Cavill & cast excellent.

- Best film he's made. I loved his Watchmen, but this is a better fit for his skills. Oh, and there was no slo-mo :)

- Rusty was great, got a nice opening scene. K-Cost rocked the world weary farm wisdom of Pa Kent like a boss.

- as much as I enjoyed Returns, this is an entirely different beast. Returns felt anachronistic somehow. MoS is of this time.

- Singerís film was too tied to Donnerís. This shrugs off any creative shackles and paints with a free brush.

-----

THIRD-HAND ACCOUNTS

- Posted to my TL by @terriwoodschels: one dm I got for MOS stated that it made him weep it was that great. He wishes he could write about it and beak this embargo.

- Posted to my TL by @notrip_22: heard "crazy good" spoke to me personally, very good, 11/10, 10/10, great, winning the lottery, best superhero movie ever.

- DM from a movie blogger: I haven't seen MoS, but from those that have (and are under embargo) I've heard it's abysmal. Ö. four or five said to go in with way, way lowered expectations, that they've removed all sense of the character from film
 5 years ago '05        #69
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 223 223
 5 years ago '05        #70
space
space
About Michael Shannon as Zod, also from hitfix:

General Zod sets a very high bar for whatever villains we'll see further down the line in this franchise, and at least part of that is because "Man Of Steel" makes a strong case for Zod's point of view.
 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM         #71
Joko 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant wait to see it
 5 years ago '10        #72
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
Saw a negative review, something along the lines of:

"Can't Hollywood make a movie with a strong female lead? No wonder I can't tweet about it. IT'S TERRIBLE"

Sounds just like some dumb bi*ch who gets offended when a guy opens a door for them and be all like "you don't think I can do it myself"

I ain't worried about it
 5 years ago '05        #73
space
space
 G Code said:

"Can't Hollywood make a movie with a strong female lead? No wonder I can't tweet about it. IT'S TERRIBLE"

Sounds just like some dumb bi*ch who gets offended when a guy opens a door for them and be all like "you don't think I can do it myself"

I ain't worried about it
Apparently, that woman deleted her tweet. WB got to her.

There's a HARDCORE embargo on reviews...
 5 years ago '07        #74
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 G Code said:

Or sounds like there isn't a strong female lead but it's from a comic most female leads aren't strong unless they're a villain or the hero.

- DM from a movie blogger: I haven't seen MoS, but from those that have (and are under embargo) I've heard it's abysmal. …. four or five said to go in with way, way lowered expectations, that they've removed all sense of the character from film
four OR five makes the whole thing sound suspect... Most people can remember a low number like that
 5 years ago '05        #75
space
space
 TH35 said:
four OR five makes the whole thing sound suspect... Most people can remember a low number like that
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking... I call shenanigans.
 5 years ago '10        #76
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 TH35 said:
Or sounds like there isn't a strong female lead but it's from a comic most female leads aren't strong unless they're a villain or the hero
This is a superman movie not a super girl movie and I find it ridiculous to say a movie like this is terrible because it doesn't have what ever her definition of a strong female lead is.
She also talks about it being bad because it fails the bechdel test lol...

And to me it seems Lois is going to be a big part of the film anyway

Just saying, similar to all the reviews that say its the best thing ever, I'm not putting much stock into a review that seems to say it is good/bad for what I believe is a stupid reason to base whether a movies is good or bad

Last edited by G Code; 05-31-2013 at 02:58 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #77
space
space
 G Code said:
This is a superman movie not a super girl movie and I find it ridiculous to say a movie like this is terrible because it doesn't have what ever her definition of a strong female lead is.
She also talks about it being bad because it fails the bechdel test lol...

And to me it seems Lois is going to be a big part of the film anyway
Yeah... Some of the best films EVER made don't pass the Bechdel Test.

She misses the entire point of that test anyway. It's not about whether it's a feminist movie, or even a good movie, it's just a test of if there's female presence.
 5 years ago '09        #78
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7942 7942
 Bedewe22 said:
I'm a.ssuming you actually watched the movie.

i havent watched the superman movie yet....i just hear the hype, hope im not disappointed
 5 years ago '12        #79
bkkid92 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,422 | Props total: 4061 4061
i'm seeing this first night. Been waiting for this for a long time
 5 years ago '09        #80
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7942 7942
 DominationCM said:
you gave Drive a 10? if so this is one you missed me with Omega....the first 10 minutes maybe
Drive was awesome from beginning till end and then soundtrtrack makes it a classic
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy