Man of Steel - OFFICIAL first reactions/reviews thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #401
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4131 4131
 Thworldisyours said:
Give me one memorable General Zod line from this movie...

[pic - click to view]

"My actions, no matter how violent or cruel, are all for the greater good... For my people".

Immediately, that makes him a more interesting character than the previous version of Zod's. it gives him a motivation not purely based on megalomania or ego, but as a duty to Krypton.

Try again.
 4 years ago '12        #402
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,780 | Props total: 13252 13252
 DaOmega_1 said:
"My actions, no matter how violent or cruel, are all for the greater good... For my people".

Immediately, that makes him a more interesting character than the previous version of Zod's. it gives him a motivation not purely based on megalomania or ego, but as a duty to Krypton.

Try again.

That's not a memorable line...

30 years from now you will not remember that line.

Hell, 30 days from now you will not remember that line.

Try again.

Last edited by Thworldisyours; 06-16-2013 at 12:42 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #403
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4131 4131
 Thworldisyours said:
That's not a memorable line...

30 years from now you will not remember that line.

Try again.
According to you, yet here I am, able to remember that supposedly unmemorable line.

I'd take a line that defines character, and develops personality over than a buzzworthy phrase carelessly thrown in. Under no circumstances could a line like "Kneel Before Zod" work at all in this film. Zod isn't that kind of villain, and Man Of Steel isn't that kind of movie.
 4 years ago '10        #404
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 Thworldisyours said:
Give me one memorable General Zod line from this movie...

[pic - click to view]

No matter what I say you just gonna say no. No sense in arguing with a troll. Have fun being mad they didn't make the same movie as the one 35 years ago
 4 years ago '12        #405
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
According to you, yet here I am, able to remember that supposedly unmemorable line.

I'd take a line that defines character, and develops personality over than a buzzworthy phrase carelessly thrown in. Under no circumstances could a line like "Kneel Before Zod" work at all in this film. Zod isn't that kind of villain, and Man Of Steel isn't that kind of movie.

You like the movie. It's okay
[pic - click to view]

I dont, but I have different tastes... I dont usually like the current mainstream Hollywood summer blockbusters. I like style. I like good dialogue. Good pacing. This movie is just not for me.

Man of Steel isnt bad. I never said that it was... It's just not that good.

There's good scenes in it but on a whole it doesnt work. Much like Watchmen.

Synder is an odd choice as the director. Not a bad director but he hasn't made a good movie since 300. I'm a fan of Nolan but this doesn't feel like a Nolan movie.

It's a flawed, forgettable movie. Caville and Costner were great but that's pretty much it. I dont blame Shannon for Zod being boring. He didnt have much to work with besides just being "The Bad Guy" and nothing else. In a movie like this, you HAVE to have an interesting villain and Zod bores me in this.

Just my opinion. Maybe I would like the movie if I saw it again? The problem is... I have no desire to see it again.
 4 years ago '05        #406
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
 Thworldisyours said:
You like the movie. It's okay
[pic - click to view]

I dont, but I have different tastes... I dont usually like the current mainstream Hollywood summer blockbusters. I like style. I like good dialogue. Good pacing. This movie is just not for me.

Man of Steel isnt bad. I never said that it was... It's just not that good.

There's good scenes in it but on a whole it doesnt work. Much like Watchmen.

Synder is an odd choice as the director. Not a bad director but he hasn't made a good movie since 300. I'm a fan of Nolan but this doesn't feel like a Nolan movie.

It's a flawed, forgettable movie. Caville and Costner were great but that's pretty much it. I dont blame Shannon for Zod being boring. He didnt have much to work with besides just being "The Bad Guy" and nothing else. In a movie like this, you HAVE to have an interesting villain and Zod bores me in this.

Just my opinion. Maybe I would like the movie if I saw it again? The problem is... I have no desire to see it again.
You don't like the movie but you keep typing paragraphs to get your point across, I don't know but when I don't like something I don't keep talking about it. Food for thought...

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #407
sixmillion007 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 177 177
I really liked the movie and that's coming from someone who is not a big superman fan. I thought the action and f!ght scenes were visually amazing and found the pace of the movie really good. I noticed the Lex Corp truck being thrown around which was a nice little addition to see if fans would notice it.

I would give it 8.5
 4 years ago '04        #408
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
Who cares if there's a 'memorable line' from the villain? What a ridiculous criteria to judge a movie from.

I for one am glad they didn't use the same old retreads like every other single film does (see: Star Trek Into Darkness). Not every character needs to say the same lines as the old versions of the character. God forbid they take these characters in new directions.

Anyways, as for the film. I definitely enjoyed the hell out of it. I could see some problems with it though. It's by no means the best comic book film, not as good as either of the first 2 Batman films - just doesn't have the same philosophical depth as those, nor does it have the writing, acting, or directing that made those films such a breath of fresh air in the comic book genre. Definitely my favorite of the summer blockbusters so far, with IM3 being a disappointment for me and Star Trek being good but not great.

What it does do though, is amp everything up to 11, and since Superman is such an epic character, and since people have been waiting so long to see such an epic, action packed Superman, this film feels incredibly satisfying. They finally have a great choice for Superman. Michael Shannon was fantastic as General Zod, very interesting villain who had rational reasons for his actions, which made him all the more compelling IMO.

Both fathers were very good as well IMO, Costner more than Crowe.

Amy Adams was the only one I felt was possibly miscast. She was OK, but nothing really special, which tends to be my problem with her a good portion of the time.

That Zimmer score was something serious too.

All in all, I'd give it about an 8-8.5/10. Not sure why it's as low as it is on RT. Maybe some Snyder bias creeping in (though at times, some of his over the top video game graphics were a little groan inducing for me, though for the most part I thought he did a very good job). The writing was a little bit supbar, and the structure of the film felt kind of amateurish at times (with all the random convenient flashbacks that had no sense of time but rather just answered things as they came up, generally a product of lazy writing). Still, a pretty great start to the franchise, and currently my 2nd favorite film of the year (Place Beyond the Pines).
 4 years ago '07        #409
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1115 1115
It was cool. Definetely a HUGE step up from the failure that was Superman Returns. One thing I wasn't feeling though was them throwing Lois in these movies so early. I wish they would have kept it how the new 52 Superman set it up. In the first book, Lois is fu*king some other dude. To be honest I thought the Lois in the movie was mad annoying, she was more like a distraction to me. Hope they end up throwing Darkseid in one of these movies, atleast a Justice League joint. that sh*t will have me like
 4 years ago '07        #410
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
 DaOmega_1 said:
Exactly.....

I don't know how anyone can say that he had no personality, or that he was flat.
 4 years ago '04        #411
thergs 43 heat pts43
space
space
$653 | Props total: 408 408
I[.............]

Last edited by thergs; 01-07-2016 at 08:22 PM..
 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM         #412
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thergs said:
I'm sorry people there were mad logical inconsistencies in this sh*t. yeah i know it's a movie about an alien but they still broke the suspension of disbelief

[spoiler - click to view]

agreed 100%. Earth's gravity being weaker doesn't explain his ability to fly either. That just tells us he can jump like the others were doing.

why did a scientist have better combat skills than a GENERAL of an army? how did a farm boy who had NEVER fought in his life, defeat an army of kryptonian SOLDIERS????? How did he even manage a hand to hand against ZOD? the Faora f!ght was more reasonable
 4 years ago '08        #413
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 Kal Tourette said:
agreed 100%. Earth's gravity being weaker doesn't explain his ability to fly either. That just tells us he can jump like the others were doing.

why did a scientist have better combat skills than a GENERAL of an army? how did a farm boy who had NEVER fought in his life, defeat an army of kryptonian SOLDIERS????? How did he even manage a hand to hand against ZOD? the Faora f!ght was more reasonable
It's all in is DNA,
 4 years ago '04        #414
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,925 | Props total: 4285 4285
Lol lets not forget Zod did fly as well. So basically Zod and Superman honed their abilities better than Faora and hte others did.
 4 years ago '12        #415
space
space
 izzy2024 said:
Who cares if there's a 'memorable line' from the villain? What a ridiculous criteria to judge a movie from.

I'm a fan of good dialogue, good screenwriting, acting, etc... Also, in a movie like this you have to have a good villain. A memorable villain.

For example...

[video - click to view]

Zod had no scenes even close to that one. Not even close. No memorable dialogue or scenes whatsoever.

That's my criteria. There's other flaws, some you even pointed out, but a forgettable, boring villain is a big one.

I'm probably in the minority though cause damn near everyone I've talked to over the weekend seems to love the movie.

I just didn't think it was all that.
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #416
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,511 | Props total: 43668 43668
 thergs said:
I'm sorry people there were mad logical inconsistencies in this sh*t. yeah i know it's a movie about an alien but they still broke the suspension of disbelief

[spoiler - click to view]

show me one superhero movie that didn't have mad inconsistencies. sh*t almost all movies have them. people always gotta find something to hate on . The movie was fu*king awesome from start to finish. first day blu ray cop

izzy2024 said:

Both fathers were very good as well IMO, Costner more than Crowe.

Amy Adams was the only one I felt was possibly miscast. She was OK, but nothing really special, which tends to be my problem with her a good portion of the time.
she wasn't meant to be anything special dude. she's meant nothing more than to be eye candy and give superman bedroom eyes while he saves her from falling out of the sky just like any other superhero movie. did gwenyth paltrow provide anything special as pepper potts? did maggie gyllenhall provide anything special as Rachel?

some of you guys are really over analyzing the wrong parts.

Last edited by st21; 06-16-2013 at 03:52 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #417
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Kal Tourette said:

Kryptonians get their power from the sun. Superman has been on earth 20-30 years longer than the other kryptonians. Why wouldn't he be way stronger when he has been through this sh*t and absorbing the sun his whole life. Besides at the end zod was really only focused on causing mayhem. When everything you've ever lived for dies in front of you you aren't going to be thinking strait and be all technical when your f!ghting

Doc oc is a scientist
Lizard is a scientist
Bruce banner is a scientist
Peter Parker might as well be a scientist
Mr freeze is a scientist
The flash is a scientist
Ant man is a scientist
Lex Luthor has been depicted as a scientist
The atom is a scientist
Beast is a scientist
Mr fantastic is a scientist

Now all of a sudden it's a problem that Jor el the comic book character who is a scientist can f!ght? C'mon son

Last edited by G Code; 06-16-2013 at 04:01 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #418
Pop-N-Fresh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 3034 3034
Why Lois always but ugly. When I saw her, I just saw that pointy a.ss nose an big a.ss chin mole. And really Lois, you just spent a whole weekend with Superman but when he shows up for work monday morning with glasses you cant see who it is???
 4 years ago '10        #419
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Ars3n said:
Why Lois always but ugly. When I saw her, I just saw that pointy a.ss nose an big a.ss chin mole. And really Lois, you just spent a whole weekend with Superman but when he shows up for work monday morning with glasses you cant see who it is???
she knows its him, I don't know how you could not see that
 4 years ago '10        #420
Pop-N-Fresh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 3034 3034
 G Code said:
she knows its him, I don't know how you could not see that
Naw.. I couldnt see it man. Usually theres the lil sly grin or wink or something. She looked totally oblivious to the fact. Maybe it was bad acting.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now