Man of Steel - OFFICIAL first reactions/reviews thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-13-2013, 01:09 AM         #301
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:

I'm still ready for tomorrow though. It should at the very least be entertaining.

I don't know about a lot but yea critics don't really like Snyder that much anymore. So, they base their opinion off it being his film before they even see it.

Prime Example:

He speaks for all comic book fans

He's really a love/hate guy w/ them. As long as he doesn't fall into that hate range like M. Night he's alright for now.
fu*k them...300 and Watchmen were GREAT!
 06-13-2013, 01:16 AM         #302
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
no offense but i dont want to hear any excuses... top billed cast, top rate marketing, Nolan influenced, great lead actor, impeccable special effects..

The critics (since the marvel and Dark Knight era) have been pretty fair with comic book movies.

im sure it'll finish about 75% come saturday but im getting a kick outta this b/c DC fans, and marvel haters were looking to this movie to be the best comic book movie ever... looks like that wont happen any time soon

now watch them praise the movie when it does big numbers like they werent dismissing Iron Man 3 and the Avengers box office success talking about "w/o imax sales this, blah blah blah"
Captain America, Thor, and Ironman 1&2 were lackluster to terrible movies. cap am was ok then it spirals. The critics are not fair at all. they like juvenile takes on the characters and not serious approach like the source material that is far from COMICAL. Anything that makes these idiots laugh...its thumbs up smh. hardly any of the superman reviews have been OBJECTIVE. all are biased on actors of preference, disdain to snyder, comparisons to Donner...foolish reviews. What happened to dissecting a movie for its own merits and the craftsmanship of The artists involved and DO NOT COMPARE. I feel any critic who compares a movie to another in order to either add to or take away from, is a poor critic and has no journalism skill worth accepting as consensus.

like, seriously...Ironman 3 got better reviews than 300 and Watchmen...seriously?!
 06-13-2013, 01:17 AM         #303
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bedewe22 said:
Hell yeah, but I can only believe him right now. This sh*t is crazy. We were seeing nothing but great reviews in the past few days, and then everything turned around just that quick.

snyder is hated on. Watchmen was a near adaptation MASTERPIECE but got less reviews than Ironman 3 that lack luster juvenile sh*t!
 5 years ago '07        #304
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 Maroon_Tiger said:
no offense but i dont want to hear any excuses... top billed cast, top rate marketing, Nolan influenced, great lead actor, impeccable special effects..

The critics (since the marvel and Dark Knight era) have been pretty fair with comic book movies.

im sure it'll finish about 75% come saturday but im getting a kick outta this b/c DC fans, and marvel haters were looking to this movie to be the best comic book movie ever... looks like that wont happen any time soon

now watch them praise the movie when it does big numbers like they werent dismissing Iron Man 3 and the Avengers box office success talking about "w/o imax sales this, blah blah blah"
I dunno about best comic book movie ever but definitely expecting it to be the best since dark knight.
 5 years ago '05        #305
myword 6 heat pts
space
space
$829 | Props total: 120 120
 Bedewe22 said:

Here's a user review from the same site:

And I thought Superman Returns was bad, Man of Steel is even worse.
There was no emotion nothing and didn't include the superman theme that perfectly captured superman and they replaced it by some Hans Zimmer generic score.(This guy hasn't made a good score since Regarding Henry).

D-

How is it worse? I think they're completely different movies and interpretations of the character. Man of Steel isn't terrible. It's just not great. What makes it not reach that level is mainly the script.

WezLBoy Wonder said:
illl stiill watch for the supreme action but yes that pisses me off in movies
[spoiler - click to view]

I don't think the issue here is so much lumps and bruises on the main characters. They are demigods afterall. The issue I have here is how Superman, a character known to care for the people of this earth dearly, is shown to have a nonchalant attitude towards wrecking havoc in the middle or a street in Smallville. Like I said this is his first outing so maybe he hasn't completely realised the impact of his actions.
[spoiler - click to view]

Kal Tourette said:
The same idiots gave Ironman a 70plus and that movie was easily a 40, as well as they butchered watchmen AND 300 which were exceptional movies, but Avengers gets a 90plus? what a joke. Looks like many critics are very juvenile these days as u can see the trend. I mean TDKR got less than AVENGERS?! i mean TDKR was the weakest nolan film, but damn sure superior film quality than avengers and the critics left it in the 80% range smh

I've stopped taking them seriously with comic adaptations...They are so wonky
I hated Iron Man 3 but to be fair it's a much more entertaining movie than Man of Steel. Not that that makes it any better. Just more entertaining.

Kal Tourette said:
snyder is hated on. Watchmen was a near adaptation MASTERPIECE but got less reviews than Ironman 3 that lack luster juvenile sh*t!
 Kal Tourette said:
Captain America, Thor, and Ironman 1&2 were lackluster to terrible movies. cap am was ok then it spirals. The critics are not fair at all. they like juvenile takes on the characters and not serious approach like the source material that is far from COMICAL. Anything that makes these idiots laugh...its thumbs up smh. hardly any of the superman reviews have been OBJECTIVE. all are biased on actors of preference, disdain to snyder, comparisons to Donner...foolish reviews. What happened to dissecting a movie for its own merits and the craftsmanship of The artists involved and DO NOT COMPARE. I feel any critic who compares a movie to another in order to either add to or take away from, is a poor critic and has no journalism skill worth accepting as consensus.

like, seriously...Ironman 3 got better reviews than 300 and Watchmen...seriously?!
Never base your actions on the thoughts of others. Critics and sites such as Rotten Tomatoes be damned. People are saying Man of Steel's RT score is worse than This is the End and obviously it is. A brand such as this is obviously going to be more maligned and critically dissected. I say give Man of Steel a shot. It's better than lots of similar titles (e.g. Transformers 3) but not as good as it should be.

Read my full .
 5 years ago '07        #306
bluehefner96 95 heat pts95
space
space
$12,177 | Props total: 11326 11326
No individual critic is the cause for what the score is. RT simply looks at how many critics liked it or didn't like it, and that's how the percentage is determined.

So MOS currently having a 60% doesn't mean 60 was a mean result after all the ratings were gathered. It means only 60% of the critics had an overall positive review of the movie.

I know most people in here knows this, but reading some of the comments in here made me wonder.

Anyways, I'm dissapointed. With all the hype, you'd think the reviews would be out the park. Hell, even the User Reviews are just at 82%, thus far. Oh well...

Last edited by bluehefner96; 06-13-2013 at 07:54 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #307
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,737 | Props total: 6438 6438
Iron Man lackluster?

gtfoh

5 years ago '07        #308
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 bluehefner96 said:
No individual critic is the cause for what the score is. RT simply looks at how many critics liked it or didn't like it, and that's how the percentage is determined.

So MOS currently having a 60% doesn't mean 60 was a mean result after all the ratings were gathered. It means only 60% of the critics had an overall positive review of the movie.

I know most people in here knows this, but reading some of the comments in here made me wonder.

Anyways, I'm dissapointed. With all the hype, you'd think the reviews would be out the park. Hell, even the User Reviews are just at 82%, thus far. Oh well...

I was gonna say the same thing. Also on rotten tomatoes most of the time they count mixed reviews positive.
 5 years ago '07        #309
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 dj X said:
Iron Man lackluster?

gtfoh

The 3rd one wasn't that good. Never mind he meant the first one he had me at watchmen deserving more positive ratings but lost me when he said the 1st ironman was lackluster.

Last edited by TH35; 06-13-2013 at 08:02 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #310
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,885 | Props total: 2945 2945
at some of these ppl taking the RT rating personally. maybe it's just not that good. im sure I'll be entertained when I see it regardless but you guys are defending this film like its infallible
 5 years ago '06        #311
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
Reviews are not meant to be objective in the first place
It's professionals that are giving their opinion on the movie
based on objective caracteristics or not,
But still an opinion.

Meaning, games or moives with the highest score are not the best ones
but to a certain extent, are the movies that appeal to the press more.

Each given site, newspaper, have its own preferences when it comes to moive
Action oriented, realistic; narration oriented

Depending on which preference for each site, you just have an opinion on each aspect of the movie

Considering the scores RT gave to other films that I disliked and that were bad,
I would say it's kinda positive to score this low

Still have very high hopes for this movie
 5 years ago '05        #312
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15772 15772
Superman Returns (2006) - 75%
Man of Steel (2013) - 60%

06-13-2013, 10:41 AM         #313
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
But they got it right with TDK huh?? You have no complaints with the high rating they gave TDK. Percentages not going your way and now all of a sudden "fu*k the critics" lol sh*ts funny to me. I know Peter Parker but u sound like the ultimate fanboy chill.

Either way imma still peep the movies in the theaters despite the rotten scores. I was hoping this sh*t would be epic. Ironman 3 was a C- for me. So im hoping this will be better actually. If not I'll have to wait on Thor.
no, tdkr should have been an 80 not high 80, avengers, 70-80, ironman 3 40-50, watchmen 90, BB 90, TDK 90-95, cap am 70, Thor 60, ironman 2 50, ironman 1 80-85, Conan 40, speed racer 80-90, im an actual artist so I judge it as art first and then technicalities and plot...thats my take so no there is no bias. RT are very inconsistent. It does baffle how many are comparing to the dinner movies. I immediately write those off. the John williams/donner era ended s long time ago, and far too many want those movies over and over again. I LOVED that era...in that era. Only reason batman begins got that respect it got was coz Nolan was loved going in, and they had just come off Schumacher trash. superman returns is no batmand and robin and many loved the now campy John Williams theme etc. People are just not ready for an upgrade. Most complaints ate the same watchmen got. The critics want conventional movies hence y avengers got a high rating but had a lot if generic servicing.

I personally thing watchmen shirs on every marvel movie to date...substance, themes, visuals all exceptional.
 5 years ago '08        #314
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23326 23326

[pic - click to view]

06-13-2013, 10:49 AM         #315
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killamike79 said:
Superman Returns (2006) - 75%
Man of Steel (2013) - 60%

but most say MOS is better than SR...SMH. inconsistent smh. Just go judge for self. Ironman 3 was juvenile and a terrible adaptation if source material...but it got a "fresh".

Ign gave MOS a 9/10, superherohype gave 8/10...hm
 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM         #316
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:

[pic - click to view]

smh, but IGN gave it a 9/10...
 5 years ago '12        #317
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,621 | Props total: 2135 2135
 Kal Tourette said:
smh, but IGN gave it a 9/10...
It's all just opinions man.
 06-13-2013, 12:20 PM         #318
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LicensedLegend said:
It's all just opinions man.
opinions by people they didnt make that movie for. NONE have mentioned how well or poirly it adapts the mythos of the COMIC BOOK. rather many bicker on how much its not dinners movie or not dark knight. Is it a good SUPERMAN adaptation???!!! They seem all to not be objective
 5 years ago '12        #319
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,621 | Props total: 2135 2135
 Kal Tourette said:
opinions by people they didnt make that movie for. NONE have mentioned how well or poirly it adapts the mythos of the COMIC BOOK. rather many bicker on how much its not dinners movie or not dark knight. Is it a good SUPERMAN adaptation???!!! They seem all to not be objective
Because this isn't the comic book. They are movie reviewers reviewing a movie. When you make a trilogy like TDK trilogy, and the same people are involved in the making of this movie it is always going to be compared. Anyways, is there any person on earth that is not objective?
 5 years ago '04        #320
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,885 | Props total: 2945 2945
 Kal Tourette said:
actually, the positive reviews seem to agree its a well made summer blockbuster, while the negative reviews say they missed all the crucial elements and tone of superman
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago