Man of Steel - OFFICIAL first reactions/reviews thread

most viewed right now
 115
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 93
Image(s) inside Jessica Jones AKA Krysten Ritter Is Fine To Me Bruh
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 73
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
81 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 63
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #201
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
Zach Snyder's Man of Steel not only manages to successfully reboot the Superman series, but it manages to make The Avengers and Avatar look like a child's play toy in comparison
 5 years ago '04        #202
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$33,576 | Props total: 3079 3079
Ima go watch this movie 5 times.. Yes it is/will be that good.
 5 years ago '04        #203
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$33,576 | Props total: 3079 3079
 etchasketch said:
I know it isn't supposed to be a comedy but neither was Spiderman, Ironman, Thor, Avengers etc and they all had more than a few funny scenes.

Comedy can never hurt a movie unless it is supposed to be darker ie The Dark Knight.
Comedy is what made the prior Superman movies goofy at times.. and fu*k those Marvel movies you mentioned
 5 years ago '05        #204
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 CTre said:
Comedy is what made the prior Superman movies goofy at times.. and fu*k those Marvel movies you mentioned
Humor is a double edged sword.

It can add dimension to a movie, or it can be used lazily as a crutch. I've seen comedy in some of these types of movies just fall flat, and bomb badly.

Honestly, with this take on the character of Superman, if there is less humor, then I see that as a plus.
 5 years ago '10        #205
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 118 118
 etchasketch said:
I know it isn't supposed to be a comedy but neither was Spiderman, Ironman, Thor, Avengers etc and they all had more than a few funny scenes.

Comedy can never hurt a movie unless it is supposed to be darker ie The Dark Knight.
Did you see iron man 3? Comedy forced down our throats in fact I felt that was the only reason for the twist so that tey could get a cheap laugh out of the general audience.

That is the last thing I want superman to be
 5 years ago '05        #206
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 G Code said:
Did you see iron man 3? Comedy forced down our throats in fact I felt that was the only reason for the twist so that tey could get a cheap laugh out of the general audience.

That is the last thing I want superman to be
The humor was one of the WORST things about Iron Man 3.

And, if you ask me, it didn't feel like the twist was getting a cheap laugh out of the general audience.

It felt more like the twist getting a cheap laugh AT THE EXPENSE of the audience.
 5 years ago '08        #207
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,416 | Props total: 394 394
 DaOmega_1 said:
The humor was one of the WORST things about Iron Man 3.

And, if you ask me, it didn't feel like the twist was getting a cheap laugh out of the general audience.

It felt more like the twist getting a cheap laugh AT THE EXPENSE of the audience.
yup
 5 years ago '07        #208
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$87,610 | Props total: 16197 16197
 DaOmega_1 said:
The humor was one of the WORST things about Iron Man 3.

And, if you ask me, it didn't feel like the twist was getting a cheap laugh out of the general audience.

It felt more like the twist getting a cheap laugh AT THE EXPENSE of the audience.
Yea, all the twists were weak ... the kid had a funny part and the guy that said "i don't even want to work here anymore these guys are weird"
 5 years ago '05        #209
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 TH35 said:
Yea, all the twists were weak ... the kid had a funny part and the guy that said "i don't even want to work here anymore these guys are weird"
I think I know what seen you're talking about with the kid. That was, among maybe one or two other scenes, the funniest thing in the movie.

I think Marvel Studios took a big hit to their reputation with this, more than Marvel fanboys might like to admit.
 5 years ago '07        #210
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$87,610 | Props total: 16197 16197
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think I know what seen you're talking about with the kid. That was, among maybe one or two other scenes, the funniest thing in the movie.

I think Marvel Studios took a big hit to their reputation with this, more than Marvel fanboys might like to admit.
Yea it was the scene
[spoiler - click to view]

That and the one I mention in the previous post were the only two parts I laughed at.
 5 years ago '10        #211
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 118 118
 DaOmega_1 said:
The humor was one of the WORST things about Iron Man 3.

And, if you ask me, it didn't feel like the twist was getting a cheap laugh out of the general audience.

It felt more like the twist getting a cheap laugh AT THE EXPENSE of the audience.
Lol I can agree to that
 5 years ago '04        #212
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 127 127
Iron Man 3 is only hated on Boxden.

 5 years ago '09        #213
5_star_smitty|m 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$44,706 | Props total: 4261 4261
 Bedewe22 said:
Iron Man 3 is only hated on Boxden.

that's not true...
that movie was ripped to shreds all over the net
 5 years ago '07        #214
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$87,610 | Props total: 16197 16197
 Bedewe22 said:
Iron Man 3 is only hated on Boxden.

False and I didn't hate it, it was just extremely average.
 5 years ago '04        #215
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 127 127
I must've missed it. There will always be negative reviews, but I haven't seen anything like what's going on here. Seems like 75% of us didn't like it.
 5 years ago '05        #216
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 Bedewe22 said:
Iron Man 3 is only hated on Boxden.

First off, I didn't hate it. I just don't like it.

Secondly, there is TONS of hatred for Iron Man 3, and you don't have to look that hard to find it. You think this is bad, go to the comment section on Aintitcool, or the reviews on IMDB. There's more negative fan reaction than positive, from what I've read.
 5 years ago '07        #217
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
avatar space
space
$87,610 | Props total: 16197 16197
 Bedewe22 said:
I must've missed it. There will always be negative reviews, but I haven't seen anything like what's going on here. Seems like 75% of us didn't like it.
Naw its worse in other places trust me. This is petty and there are some people that liked it on here. Its not a completely horrible movie. It's just a movie that could've been better.
 5 years ago '05        #218
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
After seening man of steel tonight on post in Fort Polk, LA, I have to be honest I'm still sitting here gathering my thoughts on MOS. My mind is totally blown. It was awesome!
 5 years ago '04        #219
etchasketch 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,012 | Props total: 2757 2757
 TH35 said:
False and I didn't hate it, it was just extremely average.
And Man of Steel was far below average. People will slurp it because it is hyped up. I think it was worse than Watchmen
 5 years ago '05        #220
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,269 | Props total: 5407 5407
 etchasketch said:
And Man of Steel was far below average. People will slurp it because it is hyped up. I think it was worse than Watchmen
And, you saying that is the reason why I can't take your opinion seriously.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
103 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
122 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
622 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside AR-AB - Rivals (Cassidy Diss) (Official Music Video)
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside H1z1 drops on PS4 tomorrow, here’s 11 tips to dominate
61 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
Ol Boy Was Play Fightin Wit His Girl And Then This Happened
68 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy