Cavaliers could take Otto Porter with No. 1 pick, according to report

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
104 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #21
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,128 | Props total: 2843 2843
If anything ya take Noel this year, he misses half the year and cash out in the real draft lottery next year with a shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle.

Wall/Beal/Wiggins/Breathing Human/Noel ... Crazy to even think about even though it won't happen in this lifetime
 5 years ago '13        #22
BoiiDoIt34 209 heat pts209
space
space
$1,311 | Props total: 746 746
If they take Otto porter, it puts Orlando in a predicament, do they go Noel or Burke? Rather see them go trey over Noel, because vucivic is a really promising big man don't want to see them hinder his development by taking norlens Noel
 5 years ago '08        #23
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
 BoiiDoIt34 said:
If they take Otto porter, it puts Orlando in a predicament, do they go Noel or Burke? Rather see them go trey over Noel, because vucivic is a really promising big man don't want to see them hinder his development by taking norlens Noel
Thought they'd take McLemore instead of Burke. Either player fits though.
 5 years ago '05        #24
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Cavs passing on McLemore is an epic fail. They deserve to be in the basement team.

Regardless of taking Dion Waiters last year, you have to take McLemore, he's a PERFECT fit next to Kyrie. They'll suck again next year, and the 2014 draft is flooding with SF's.
 5 years ago '12        #25
RATCHET 
space
space
$2,382 | Props total: 277 277
 JCyclops said:
If anything ya take Noel this year, he misses half the year and cash out in the real draft lottery next year with a shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle.

Wall/Beal/Wiggins/Breathing Human/Noel ... Crazy to even think about even though it won't happen in this lifetime
There's already reports stating he could miss the whole season. #pass.

5 years ago '05        #26
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 RATCHET said:
There's already reports stating he could miss the whole season. #pass.

That's his point, Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie year, who cares. You're not banking on Nerlens first year, it's his career.

I'd take McLemore or Nerlens. McLemore for fit, and Nerlens for a potential juggernaut who likely won't suit up until 2014-15, securing you another high lottery pick in a draft that has Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Young etc.. Pairing anyone of those players with Kyrie/Nerlens you could be looking at a OKC situation.
 5 years ago '07        #27
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Porter gotta a nice little game but if he goes #1, then this is absolutely one of the worst drafts ever

Cavs will take Noel and be in the back of the lotto again next year, slowass Nick Gilbert talking bout playoffs?? FOH little man
 5 years ago '08        #28
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
 ttime236 said:
Porter gotta a nice little game but if he goes #1, then this is absolutely one of the worst drafts ever

Cavs will take Noel and be in the back of the lotto again next year, slowass Nick Gilbert talking bout playoffs?? FOH little man
A young team being in next year's lottery>>>> being a 8th seed sacrificial lamb to the Heat. The class next year makes me wish we could trade the third pick this year for an unprotected first next year. It's how I felt about being in position to draft Luck/RG3.

I'm also for trading the pick for a DMC/K. Love but unless a star-potential talent like McLemore is there, I can't see teams wanting that pick.
 5 years ago '06        #29
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Yall act like Noel is gonna be 205 lbs forever. Like gyms are obsolete.

He probably lost weight because of the ACL tear, you can't really do much on it.
His doctor told him to lose weight during rehab. People putting too much emphasis on weight anyway, His athleticism, measurements & defensive instincts are the most important. Then teach him leverage and NBA D he's good

Nobody knows what the Cavs are doing or thinking. Best Cavs insider said few days ago it's Noel/Bennet/Len.

A national guy said victor oladipo & that got shot down pretty quick. They take Noel unless they find something that worries them during his visit to Cleveland OR another team REALLY REALLY wants him and they'll trade up & Cavs fall back a few spots
 5 years ago '09        #30
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
 BoiiDoIt34 said:
There's some buzz that Orlando may take McCollum. I don't know if that's a trade down thing or if they are fine with taking him two but that's what's buzzing. I could see a trade with the Hornets so the Hornets get Burke and the Magic moves down a couple of spots to take McCollum and secure a future pick in the deal.
 5 years ago '08        #31
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,765 | Props total: 12255 12255
 Skratch said:
hopefully noel doesnt fall to 4 cause we dont need that n*gga either

hell no keep that n*gga away from Charlotte bro
 AnyGiven said:
Naw n*ggas you won the draft so take Noel. Don't be fu*kin up the draft for the rest of us

Church...that n*gga is damaged goods. He wasn't Blake Griffin in college so miss me with that sh*t. He's not Anthony Davis hell he's not even Greg Oden in college. Not saying he won't be a player he's just not the clear #1 pick imo this year because of the injury.

I've liked Porter and Mcelmore coming on strong. Orlando would be a fool to draft Noel over Burke if that' their option at #2.
 5 years ago '06        #32
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
boxden got top gm's & world renowned doctors now
 5 years ago '11        #33
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
I don't like Otto Porter....especially not as a #1 pick. That's why I said trade down
 5 years ago '09        #34
space
space
 King Henry said:
I don't like Otto Porter....especially not as a #1 pick. That's why I said trade down
Where a guy is drafted doesn't really matter in the grand scheme. If the Cavs like the guy that much and they want to take him at #1 then they should. The only people who would have something to say are fans and the media.
 5 years ago '08        #35
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Where a guy is drafted doesn't really matter in the grand scheme. If the Cavs like the guy that much and they want to take him at #1 then they should. The only people who would have something to say are fans and the media.
It matters when teams take a Sam Bowie over MJ because they are drafting on a position of need or roster fit instead of the clear-cut better talent. I see Otto as a solid role player in the vein of Luol Deng/Tashaun Prince. Nothing wrong with that, but not with pick numero uno. McLemore is the best player in the draft and the worst feeling is seeing a dude make multiple all-star appearances while your guy is just adequate.

Take McLemore and move Waiters for another piece if you have to. Media pressure would have them take Noel, who I agree they should pass on because he has no offensive game and isn't even on par with Anthony Davis.
 05-29-2013, 11:08 AM         #36
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #TheReturn said:
Cavs passing on McLemore is an epic fail. They deserve to be in the basement team.

Regardless of taking Dion Waiters last year, you have to take McLemore, he's a PERFECT fit next to Kyrie. They'll suck again next year, and the 2014 draft is flooding with SF's.

this n*gga is so mad the cavs have already passed the bulls up

ben was the first n*gga they worked out 4 weeks ago

stop talking like youll have any idea what the cavs are going to do

we are not going chalk ever , you n*ggas still haven't learned

and being a "basement team" with a

star player
two #4 overall picks
the #1 overall pick,19th 31rst and 33rd
2 more 1rst round picks next year
an all NBA defender that was avg. 14 n 14 coming back
max cap space

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

being a 2nd round exit every year with no a.ssets
 5 years ago '08        #37
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
all talk. they'll take nerlens
 5 years ago '09        #38
space
space
 JCyclops said:
It matters when teams take a Sam Bowie over MJ because they are drafting on a position of need or roster fit instead of the clear-cut better talent. I see Otto as a solid role player in the vein of Luol Deng/Tashaun Prince. Nothing wrong with that, but not with pick numero uno. McLemore is the best player in the draft and the worst feeling is seeing a dude make multiple all-star appearances while your guy is just adequate.

Take McLemore and move Waiters for another piece if you have to. Media pressure would have them take Noel, who I agree they should pass on because he has no offensive game and isn't even on par with Anthony Davis.
That's all hindsight though. Had Portland taken MJ to play with Clyde and it didn't result in the career MJ had with the Bulls then what would be the fallout? You just never know what will go on with a player after you draft them so you take the player that best fits what your goals are as a franchise.
 5 years ago '04        #39
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 3031 3031
fu*k it...we dont have a horse in this race, I wanna see some silly sh*t early in the draft

we won't know for sure how the draft truly plays out in a few years anyway. Might as well go with your gut if youre the cavs.

Noel might be the next Mutombo, or he might be the next Adam keefe.

Last edited by BrBHZ; 05-29-2013 at 12:08 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #40
space
space
 BrBHZ said:
fu*k it...we dont have a horse in this race, I wanna see some silly sh*t early in the draft

we won't know for sure how the draft truly plays out in a few years anyway. Might as well go with your gut if youre the cavs.

Noel might be the next Mutombo, or he might be the next Adam keefe.
Adam Keefe
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago