1080p PC Gaming (stock) costs $1k

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #101
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13778 13778
 Hovi Bryant said:
I don't even think you need that beefy of a GPU for video editing. That stuff demands more RAM and CPU than anything else.

You're right, considering the way folks build PC's in this section. All the money is poured into the graphics card, which means it can't match other high end PC's that are well rounded for day-to-day usage.

I don't think anyone can reasonably justify a 100% price hike just for some extra detail and a higher frame rate. The gap isn't that big.

I'll pay 100% more when the performance gap is 100%.
GPUs make a huge difference when video editing. This ain't 1998 where the CPU did all the work.
 05-28-2013, 10:52 PM         #102
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
I think you're an idiot. I think that's what you were trying to say.
says the guy who thinks hardware somehow evolves itself magically and can't do very simple math involving two numbers and an X sign ok big guy
 5 years ago '10        #103
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
 Y.G. said:
GPUs make a huge difference when video editing. This ain't 1998 where the CPU did all the work.
Not true.

Rendering frames and large video files is heavy on CPU and Memory.
 5 years ago '10        #104
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
says the guy who thinks hardware somehow evolves itself magically and can't do very simple math involving two numbers and an X sign ok big guy
The hole you've dug is deep enough for 10 of you. Just stop.
 05-28-2013, 11:02 PM         #105
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you're cute you're like jizzman if he had autism on top of his asbergers
 5 years ago '05        #106
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Not true.

Rendering frames and large video files is heavy on CPU and Memory.
Have you never heard of hardware acceleration? You can run 1080p videos while staying @ 5% - 10% CPU usage.
 5 years ago '10        #107
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Have you never heard of hardware acceleration? You can run 1080p videos while staying @ 5% - 10% CPU usage.
It's not about running the videos. It's all about editing.

Large video & photo editing are extremely heavy on the CPU and Memory. More so than the GPU. It's fact.

Google it.
 5 years ago '05        #108
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
Put one together for my homeboy when I upgraded mine last month. Came to $755 or something total.
 5 years ago '10        #109
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
you're cute you're like jizzman if he had autism on top of his asbergers
You're up there with ChevyRyda or whatever his name is.
 5 years ago '04        #110
brooklonsfinest 
space
space
$1,380 | Props total: 51 51
Hey guys still rocking my alienware m17 w 3870x2 and core 2 extreme 3.06 ghz.......
Been rocking games at 1200p for years..... Go figure.
 5 years ago '10        #111
space
space
 brooklonsfinest said:
Hey guys still rocking my alienware m17 w 3870x2 and core 2 extreme 3.06 ghz.......
Been rocking games at 1200p for years..... Go figure.
Post the full specs?
 5 years ago '05        #112
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,890 | Props total: 5126 5126
 Hovi Bryant said:
Nope.

The GPU and CPU of both the Xbox and PS4 would cost a few hundred dollars a piece. That's $400 without touching the memory, power supply, motherboard, & case.

A $700-$800 rig would match the consoles. An $800-$1.5k rig would make it better. $2K+ would blow them out of the water.
whaaat.... HUH! '

Anything over 700 is high to max settings on most games. Wont be ultra.

Med settings with AA shiits on any console game. Maybe even ps4/xbox jawn. Who knows.

Id say realistically 1.2k rig will be ideal, decent gpu and motherboard are important.

Rule: NEVER GO CHEAP ON MOBO.

Always get the most expensive mobo with the most power, it will allow room for over clocking and further upgrades.
Its all about the transistors too.

I keep mobos for like 5-8 years if i can. If intel does not change the socket for a couple years a nice mobo can be a good move.

My current mobo will last me for 3 more years ive had it for 2.

Also to builders here is how you save real money, PRO TIP.

Dont be cheap.

Read reviews and research your Hardware, make sure its overclockable.

Anything that overclocks easy = Money saved. You can clock higher to meet the requirements of games in the future.

Cheap parts never use quality transistors, Mobo/video cards etc. Important.

Also always go with current equipment, dont buy stuff from like 2-3 quarters ago. Go with whats current, might be expensive but you save.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 05-28-2013 at 11:35 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #113
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
It's not about running the videos. It's all about editing.

Large video & photo editing are extremely heavy on the CPU and Memory. More so than the GPU. It's fact.

Google it.
It was a fact in 1998. It's 2013. When it comes to rendering video, you can offload some of the work to the GPU. There's tons of threads on Tom's Hardware about which GPU is the best for video editing. Stop talking about topics you clearly don't know about.
 5 years ago '10        #114
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
whaaat.... HUH! '

Anything over 700 is high to max settings on most games. Wont be ultra.

Med settings with AA shiits on any console game. Maybe even ps4/xbox jawn. Who knows.

Id say realistically 1.2k rig will be ideal, decent gpu and motherboard are important.

Rule: NEVER GO CHEAP ON MOBO.

Always get the most expensive mobo with the most power, it will allow room for over clocking and further upgrades.
Its all about the transistors too.

I keep mobos for like 5-8 years if i can. If intel does not change the socket for a couple years a nice mobo can be a good move.

My current mobo will last me for 3 more years ive had it for 2.
Nope.

That's a ~$200 card.

The PS4's & XB1's Jaguar based CPU isn't even on the market yet.

That's a $300 CPU.

So let's just stop right there. You're over budget. Next!!!!
 5 years ago '10        #115
space
space
 Y.G. said:
It was a fact in 1998. It's 2013. When it comes to rendering video, you can offload some of the work to the GPU. There's tons of threads on Tom's Hardware about which GPU is the best for video editing. Stop talking about topics you clearly don't know about.

The actual video processing is very CPU dependant. While doing the actual editing, good fast RAM will also be very helpful.

GPU has very little or nothing to do with video editing. Today's graphic cards do play an important role with video playback, especially where Image Quality is concerned, I may be mistaken about this, but I think that Pixel Shaders are used to enhance IQ and get rid of the blockiness of streaming video.

I could go on...and on...and on....
 5 years ago '05        #116
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 726 726
With your pc Warriors powers combined. .... I am Captain. ......

5 years ago '12        #117
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,079 | Props total: 17420 17420
 D. Norman said:
This thread is kind of entertaining... I give it a 3.5/5
2 in my area

This looks like the 4K tv thread all over again
 5 years ago '05        #118
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:

I could go on...and on...and on....

What Other Applications Do You Run?

GPU-accelerated apps are becoming more common. The earliest use of GPU acceleration for consumer applications was for video transcoding. Applications such as CyberLink's Media Expresso have added support for additional graphics hardware and application programming interfaces (APIs) over time.

Photo- and video-editing applications followed. The latest version of Photoshop CS6 uses OpenGL for most of its rendering and GPU compute for accelerating the filters in the blur gallery. Musemage, developed in China, is a completely GPU-accelerated photo-editing application.

Windows 8 will use GPU acceleration in all 2D rendering, and Microsoft Office 2010 already supports graphics acceleration for Excel and PowerPoint charts. Even games use the GPU for more than just graphics--to handle accelerating physics, fluid dynamics, and special-effects calculations.

[pic - click to view]

You bring shame to the Bryant name with all the failures you accumulate.
 5 years ago '10        #119
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 Hovi Bryant said:
Nope.

The GPU and CPU of both the Xbox and PS4 would cost a few hundred dollars a piece. That's $400 without touching the memory, power supply, motherboard, & case.

A $700-$800 rig would match the consoles. An $800-$1.5k rig would make it better. $2K+ would blow them out of the water.
My question is how is this possible?

How is it that they can sell the console ($400-500 I'm a.ssuming) with specs that usually cost $700-$800? How are they making money here?

Are they doing the Frank Lucas route and cutting the middleman while shipping parts in caskets or something ?

But for real I'm thinking of building a PC myself that will beat the next gen consoles. I just don't know where the hell to start . These $300 rigs look ok but it's nice to see that they are decent for that price.

I was looking at sites like Ibuypower and compared to actually building one of your own you can seriously cut prices.
 5 years ago '10        #120
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 Andrefrbk said:
:

Dont be cheap.

Read reviews and research your Hardware, make sure its overclockable.

Anything that overclocks easy = Money saved. You can clock higher to meet the requirements of games in the future.

Cheap parts never use quality transistors, Mobo/video cards etc. Important.

Also always go with current equipment, dont buy stuff from like 2-3 quarters ago. Go with whats current, might be expensive but you save.
I'm still looking into overclocking. I never used it in my life. Yeah I'm behind haha.

I also have to look into hardware compatibility. The PC I have now has bluescreen issues ...............why did I get vista.......only the lord knows
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy