1080p PC Gaming (stock) costs $1k

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
 Hovi Bryant said:
Did you not see the video in the OP?

Why do so many of you rush to post a comment after skimming?

It's like you read but don't comprehend. Hear but don't listen.

I could reply to the few posts after this one, but what's the point?

It's funny that if someone can't provide a viable argument, they have to label someone a troll.

More than likely I will be building a desktop this fall after building one 7 years ago.

And it's not because of the graphics. Because it's a rip-off in almost every way conceivable to me. I'm doing this because of the anti-used game stance MS and Sony have seem to adopt.

I'd like to voice my concern with my dollar and I'm not happy either way.
all im saying is know what you're getting so you will get the most out of what you spend..all that other stuff about hearing and listening is irrelevant to my response you quoted
 5 years ago '10        #82
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,731 | Props total: 19626 19626
 PhrozenMenace said:
all im saying is know what you're getting so you will get the most out of what you spend..all that other stuff about hearing and listening is irrelevant to my response you quoted
I can post several builds that will preform mostly the same, and will roughly cost anywhere between $700 to $1000.

Gamers either go all in for a graphics card and skimp the CPU/HDD/Case and other stuff and come up with a cheaper build.

An all around PC that's less susceptible to bottlenecks will cost more on average.
 05-28-2013, 07:53 PM         #83
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '04        #84
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
ive never been a fan of a gaming pc really because

lets say u spend $400-600 for it.

then when games get more hungry you have to upgrade memory, processors and video cards...you do that twice in say 6-7 years then you've put out the price of 3 console systems...
 5 years ago '09        #85
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,070 | Props total: 1116 1116
if you're paying over $400-500 max for a custom built PC to play games on ultra-settings then you're either getting scammed or paying for better parts than you need.

I don't know if anyone can justify a $1000 gaming rig. I understand it being a hobby and all but the amount of power you can expect from a $1000 custom built computer you better be using the computer for more than gaming, like video editing or something professional.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 05-28-2013 at 08:10 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #86
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
that being said, i WILL build a computer within the next few years, a hackintosh. if i were doing it now, i'd go with

i7 processor
16 gb ram
2 1 tb hard drives
2 gig video card
1 blu ray drive (maybe)
dvd burner
external sound interface, with a generic internal interface.
8-10 usb ports
couple fire wire ports

i fu*k around with music in my spare time.

it would rarely be connected to the internet.
 5 years ago '10        #87
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
if you're paying over $400-500 max for a custom built PC to play games on ultra-settings then you're either getting scammed or paying for better parts than you need.

I don't know if anyone can justify a $1000 gaming rig. I understand it being a hobby and all but the amount of power you can expect from a $1000 custom built computer you better be using the computer for more than gaming, like video editing or something professional.
I don't even think you need that beefy of a GPU for video editing. That stuff demands more RAM and CPU than anything else.

You're right, considering the way folks build PC's in this section. All the money is poured into the graphics card, which means it can't match other high end PC's that are well rounded for day-to-day usage.

I don't think anyone can reasonably justify a 100% price hike just for some extra detail and a higher frame rate. The gap isn't that big.

I'll pay 100% more when the performance gap is 100%.
 5 years ago '12        #88
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,609 | Props total: 6833 6833
Yeah , but theres a lot fo things you DON'T have to upgrade on pcs once you get in the game.

I've used the same case for about 10 years now

You'll already have hdd's

monitor

the motherboard

just pop in a new video card in a year or two and maybe some more RAM in a few years and its like another console generation leap for ya.
 5 years ago '10        #89
space
space
 kiddalex said:
Yeah , but theres a lot fo things you DON'T have to upgrade on pcs once you get in the game.

I've used the same case for about 10 years now

You'll already have hdd's

monitor

the motherboard

just pop in a new video card in a year or two and maybe some more RAM in a few years and its like another console generation leap for ya.
It's still not cost effective.

You'll have to upgrade twice every 6 years with a low to mid range GPU. That's anywhere from $75-$250 on average.

Higher end cards can probably go an entire generation, and that's already the cost of 2-3 consoles by itself.
 5 years ago '05        #90
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,084 | Props total: 10762 10762
Just PM'd IronMaiden, ya'll bout to get that work
 5 years ago '04        #91
ike! 4 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 100 100
 Gmo BlaZe said:
so someone tell me this. if the ps4 and x1 drop for 500 bucks.....can you put together a 500 dollar rig that could even rival their specs?
The real answer is not yet.

But that's the way the cycle works. XBox and PS drop and are ahead of PCs (dollar for dollar), and then PCs very quickly catch up and surpass the consoles.

Consoles spend majority of their life cycle behind what PCs can do.
 05-28-2013, 10:06 PM         #92
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
It's still not cost effective.

You'll have to upgrade twice every 6 years with a low to mid range GPU. That's anywhere from $75-$250 on average.

Higher end cards can probably go an entire generation, and that's already the cost of 2-3 consoles by itself.
this is dumbsh*t peasant logic.

if I buy a GPU right now that's better than consoles. still with me? it'll STILL be better than them in 2 years. or 10 years. or 50 years. peasants always spout this "oh you have to upgrade every year" sh*t...how does that make sense? the console DOESN'T CHANGE. common sense says if you buy something that's better than something that DOESN'T CHANGE, it will ALWAYS be better. this is literally the worst statement I always see in defense of consoles "oh your system might be better than my console right now but you'll have to keep upgrading it to keep it better....even though my console isn't getting better and that makes quite literally no sense"

and no, you can build one for $500. you're also leaving out the fact that every single game is cheaper. and they get discounted faster, and higher levels.

but no sh*t a PC costs more, it's because it's not just a fu*king toy to play games on
 05-28-2013, 10:14 PM         #93
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
I'll pay 100% more when the performance gap is 100%.
uh.

60 fps=100% increase over 30fps (which most console games don't even run at)
1080p is double the pixels of a 720p (which most console games are just shy of)=100% increase

tech wise it literally is 100% increased performance, and it's not like it's capped at this you can do as high fps as you get refresh rate at as high a resolution a monitor you get
 5 years ago '10        #94
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
this is dumbsh*t peasant logic.

if I buy a GPU right now that's better than consoles. still with me? it'll STILL be better than them in 2 years. or 10 years. or 50 years. peasants always spout this "oh you have to upgrade every year" sh*t...how does that make sense? the console DOESN'T CHANGE. common sense says if you buy something that's better than something that DOESN'T CHANGE, it will ALWAYS be better. this is literally the worst statement I always see in defense of consoles "oh your system might be better than my console right now but you'll have to keep upgrading it to keep it better....even though my console isn't getting better and that makes quite literally no sense"

and no, you can build one for $500. you're also leaving out the fact that every single game is cheaper. and they get discounted faster, and higher levels.

but no sh*t a PC costs more, it's because it's not just a fu*king toy to play games on

Not true at all. Whatsoever.
 5 years ago '10        #95
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
uh.

60 fps=100% increase over 30fps (which most console games don't even run at)
1080p is double the pixels of a 720p (which most console games are just shy of)=100% increase

tech wise it literally is 100% increased performance, and it's not like it's capped at this you can do as high fps as you get refresh rate at as high a resolution a monitor you get
Your math is wrong. Stop posting.
 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM         #96
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
Not true at all. Whatsoever.
what's not true? you think console hardware improves over the generation, or that PC hardware degrades? because one or the other must be true according to you .

no seriously tell me how it's possible for nonchanging hardware to get better than something that was already better than it magically over time? are you a fu*king idiot or a wizard?

Hovi Bryant said:
Your math is wrong. Stop posting.

this idiot thinks 1080p and 720p refer to the pixel count. 720p is under 1 million pixels, 1080p is two million.

720p=1280x720, 1080p=1920x1080

go look it up dumbfu*k it's literally twice as many meaning it's a 100% increase
 5 years ago '10        #97
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
what's not true? you think console hardware improves over the generation, or that PC hardware degrades? because one or the other must be true according to you .

no seriously tell me how it's possible for nonchanging hardware to get better than something that was already better than it magically over time? are you a fu*king idiot or a wizard?

this idiot thinks 1080p and 720p refer to the pixel count. 720p is under 1 million pixels, 1080p is two million.

720p=1280x720, 1080p=1920x1080

go look it up dumbfu*k it's literally twice as many meaning it's a 100% increase
Not explaining anything to you. No need to.

You're wrong. Accept it.
 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM         #98
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

this kid thinks he's a wizard and knows math that doesn't exist
 5 years ago '04        #99
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,882 | Props total: 2026 2026
This thread is kind of entertaining... I give it a 3.5/5
 5 years ago '10        #100
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:

this kid thinks he's a wizard and knows math that doesn't exist
I think you're an idiot. I think that's what you were trying to say.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago