1080p PC Gaming (stock) costs $1k

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bow Wow Posts A Picture w/ The Caption "'Back In Ohio", Commenters Go ..
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Well BX we did it. HOH has turned our little girl into a star :mjcry:
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mto: Ciara has future feeling suicidal
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden & Marisa EXPOSE How ASAP Rocky Got On All 4's and She Ate Hi..

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 years ago '10        #181
Hovi Bryant 632 heat pts632
$28,603 | Props total: 11341 11341
 Y.G. said:
Right. The guy that thinks GPUs can't accelerate video or photo rendering has the nerve to call someone else stupid.
Did I ever say that? Find the post. Oh wait. I have it right .

Me said:
I don't even think you need that beefy of a GPU for video editing. That stuff demands more RAM and CPU than anything else.
 you said:
GPUs make a huge difference when video editing. This ain't 1998 where the CPU did all the work.
 Me said:
Not true.

Rendering frames and large video files is heavy on CPU and Memory.
It's not about running the videos. It's all about editing.

Large video & photo editing are extremely heavy on the CPU and Memory. More so than the GPU. It's fact.
 You said:
It was a fact in 1998. It's 2013. When it comes to rendering video, you can offload some of the work to the GPU. There's tons of threads on Tom's Hardware about which GPU is the best for video editing. Stop talking about topics you clearly don't know about.
And then here's what Adobe said...

Adobe CS6 Requirements said:

Intel® Core™2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor; 64-bit support required as bare minimum. Intel quad core or better recommended.
Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
4GB of RAM as bare minimum. (8GB or more recommended)
4GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
Additional disk space required for preview files and other working files (10GB recommended)
1280x900 display
OpenGL 2.0–capable system
Separate 7200 RPM hard drive in addition to the boot disk (multiple fast disk drives, preferably RAID 0 or parity raid configured, recommended)
Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model
DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (DVD+-R burner for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features
Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.* Phone activation is not available.
Child, the next time you try to debate with someone, you may want to do a little research on how the actual subject. GPU acceleration is completely optional. NOT needed.
 3 years ago '05        #182
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
$37,692 | Props total: 5410 5410
This guy posted his quote where he says it's "not true" that GPUs make a difference in hardware acceleration and then still asks "where did I say?"
New replies show every 10 seconds

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nipsey Hussle tweets about Nas' scrapped double album "I Am" & songs f..
22 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 25 - Kansas City Man accused of tricking women into rehearsing for..
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Scottie Pipen snatch his girl back from future
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Opening Night MVP!!!!
18 hours ago
most viewed right now
NBA jr smith might have new mj crying meme
18 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Omg wtf YOUNG MA WITH MAKEUP ON
2 days ago
most viewed right now
What Actor/Actress played their role so good you hate them in real life?
18 hours ago
most viewed right now
Article inside Parents Television Council Says The Walking Dead Crossed The Line
1 day ago
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy