Deep! How much money do rappers REALLY have compared to the Global Elite?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #201
pa_general 134 heat pts134 OP
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 Dos-effect said:
No sh*t, A affiliation with free masonry is not an automatic affiliation with Illuminatti, but whatever club these musicians are a part of Jay and Diddy are a part of it .......But an elite person's salary cannot be compared to a rappers.......different business ventures, different levels of money......I never tried to compare Bill Gates to Jay Z, I did state that both of them have great buisness minds and should be respected on the same level....but you disputed that too....which im not sure why....and then you state that these rappers talk about how they have all this money (which they do) and you wanted to show that the worlds richest man has more money then Jay Z( no sh*t, he has more money then everyone else in the world)......now your trying to mask the hate by saying how much you love Jay, and how its not a black thing......Where is Eminem on your list, Bono? Paul McCartney? Janet Jackson? Lady Gaga?..........this thread is condescending and uses a serious strawman argument to try to single out Hiphop top Elite in an attempt to discredit the amount they have made by comparing to the some of the worlds Richest Man........Papa Johns has 600 million, and 50 has over 300 million......Papa Johns has been in buisness for damn near 30 years......And 50 has been on for 9 years........be serious man..........
Bro...all I did was post the chart...WHY BONO, Paul McCarney or Lady Gaga are not on it????...I DON'T KNOW.

All I know is that ONLY a certain # of you dudes are taking it the wrong way.

You're taking it as a shot to the credibility of your favorite rappers, when I'm looking at it in an entirely different context.

You must've skipped my post when I said that Jay-Z amassed more wealth than Papa John in a shorter period of time.

HOW CAN YOU DISCREDIT $580 MILLION?

After I stated x after x I'd take .01 of Jay's or Diddy's wealth...what do you people do? SKIP RIGHT OVER THAT TIDBIT.

I swear "YOU" people are so defensive to anything deemed LOGICAL that presents any type of threat to your alleged "GODS".

Please pull your head from the sand bro.

When I see that chart all I see is a different perspective...

What you guys see is "someone who must be white trying to hate."

How will you ever progress in life being so defensive and narrow minded?

You seem to be a smart individual.
 5 years ago '04        #202
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1795 1795
 TizOnly1 said:
If you're wondering why this infographic was made,just read this thread.

Rap fans are ravenously delusional. The way people are riding for these guys, and taking it as a PERSONAL INSULT, to just see rap money put up against larger money.. saying it's racist.. and the worst comment in this thread, saying this graphic shows what our earning ceiling is, as black people... THAT'S the problem.. and that's why this graphic exists.

Rap is not the be all and end all for young n*ggas coming from sh*t environments. n*ggas have to look bigger than that. If you are personally offended by this, you're probably thinking too small. Where's the law saying we can't make money off anything other than entertainment?

That's not to say it isn't an option. These guys all have more money than all of us. Also, it's a lazy, cheap graphic because when you compare nearly anything to the top .001% it'll look weak.

Still the way purple here are connecting so viscerally and emotionally to the idea of being a rapper (taking personal offense, and setting it as an attack on their life's potential), and making rap money, and not connecting AT ALL to the notion of being the next Mark Cuban, speaks to the way we idolize rappers, and sun other options, as if rap really is the Number 1 option, when it obviously isn't, and this graphic illustrates this.

We could also get into how most rappers are literally broke.. Not rich n*gga broke, just broke... but save that for another day.

This man

I dont understand all the angry back and forth in here.

Rappers are far from bums , they're amazing talented individuals who've accumulated incredible amounts of wealth in a handful of cases. All which is very impressive and should be commended.

Though I appreciate graphs like this that broaden perspectives and expand on our knowledge of the world.

They're especially useful to the people in here that only stay within hip hop culture and think that people like Jay,Puff, 50 are in the Top 10 richest people in the world ( Yes , those people do exist, and they believe Birdman has an oil company too ).

The funny thing about this is that rap fans will bash on another rapper and how "broke" they are compared to their own favorite rapper on some " HAHH Nas only got $10 million , that bum ! " but when it's their rapper who's wealth is put in perspective they want to be like " Well he still makes more than you" .

There's really no reason to get all worked up over this graph unless you're vicariously living through one of these rappers which I hate to admit those people do exist on here.

For a hip hop culture that's currently fixated on material wealth more than ever with fans constantly bragging about their favorite artist's money , charts like this are actually enlightening.

I dont know of the intentions of others but Im not calling any rapper whose net worth is probably more than everybody here on BX combined a bum, so as long as I know that, the chart in itself at face value isn't insulting to the accomplishments of any of these guys IMO.
 05-29-2013, 10:57 AM         #203
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas is living great! i aint mad, but why y'all hatin on that?
 5 years ago '06        #204
space
space
 3rdcoasta said:
n*ggas is living great! i aint mad, but why y'all hatin on that?
you have once again proved my point.

Thanks for your inciteful response.
 05-29-2013, 11:01 AM         #205
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said:
Bro...all I did was post the chart...WHY BONO, Paul McCarney or Lady Gaga are not on it????...I DON'T KNOW.

All I know is that ONLY a certain # of you dudes are taking it the wrong way.

You're taking it as a shot to the credibility of your favorite rappers, when I'm looking at it in an entirely different context.

You must've skipped my post when I said that Jay-Z amassed more wealth than Papa John in a shorter period of time.

HOW CAN YOU DISCREDIT $580 MILLION?

After I stated x after x I'd take .01 of Jay's or Diddy's wealth...what do you people do? SKIP RIGHT OVER THAT TIDBIT.

I swear "YOU" people are so defensive to anything deemed LOGICAL that presents any type of threat to your alleged "GODS".

Please pull your head from the sand bro.

When I see that chart all I see is a different perspective...

What you guys see is "someone who must be white trying to hate."

How will you ever progress in life being so defensive and narrow minded?

You seem to be a smart individual.
No, Im taking it as a shot to black success......the whole sh*t is suspect, regardless of your intentions, you obviously felt it was good enough to prove your point that rappers who are bragadoish are not "GODS", which is wierd because I could never ever look at another grown a.ss man as a GOD, but if I did wtf does it matter to you, why does it bother you that the rappers exaggerate their fortunes, or in the cases mentioned above, clearly state how much they posess.....I keep asking and you keep dodging....in what world does a person literally coming from rags to riches not garner respect?
 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM         #206
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said:
Bro...I was being sarcastic when I said rappers are our heroes...

rappers are no heroes to me...but the ones like Diddy & Hov I respect their business accumen.

& I totally agree with your a.ssessment about Hov being a crack dealer and promoting a negative lifestyle. I mentioned that in previous post but all of these butthurt "stans" skipped over that bit.

lol my whole point in a ton of my arguments is that there are other successful black people besides rappers...why we choose to glorify these rappers is beyond me...

& why they aren't mentioned in this infograph who knows complain to the people who made it...

I was just posting to show these stupid people that there are OTHER ways to make money outside of rap music because a ton of "our" people believe that and sports are the ONLY ways out of the hood...

I, for one feel more emphasis should be placed on individuals that don't use the entertainment industry as a means to obtain wealth...but hey to each their own.

I agree with your post.
Peace brother. i totally understand what you're trying to convey now
 5 years ago '06        #207
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
No, Im taking it as a shot to black success......the whole sh*t is suspect, regardless of your intentions, you obviously felt it was good enough to prove your point that rappers who are bragadoish are not "GODS", which is wierd because I could never ever look at another grown a.ss man as a GOD, but if I did wtf does it matter to you, why does it bother you that the rappers exaggerate their fortunes, or in the cases mentioned above, clearly state how much they posess.....I keep asking and you keep dodging....in what world does a person literally coming from rags to riches not garner respect?
lol so "sh*tting" on people is garnering respect?

There's a difference between excessively bragging about success and being a POSITIVE inspiration to others bro.

Do you see Oprah bragging about her "Billions?"

Or how about BET founder Bob Johnson?

Or how about our good friend Folorunsho Alakija who I'm sure you don't even know?

Rap fans...sometimes I'm ashamed to call myself one...because they're some of the most dense, thick headed delusional people on this Earth...all logic goes out the door.

The same fans that will sh*t on raps Founding Fathers because they're "Old"...

lol I was a fool to think I could have a rational discussion with some of you people.

05-29-2013, 11:13 AM         #208
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said:
lol so "sh*tting" on people is garnering respect?

There's a difference between excessively bragging about success and being a POSITIVE inspiration to others bro.

Do you see Oprah bragging about her "Billions?"

Or how about BET founder Bob Johnson?

Or how about our good friend Folorunsho Alakija who I'm sure you don't even know?

Rap fans...sometimes I'm ashamed to call myself one...because they're some of the most dense, thick headed delusional people on this Earth...all logic goes out the door.

The same fans that will sh*t on raps Founding Fathers because they're "Old"...

lol you people man...
Again WTF does it matter to you if they do? You sound like a broke bitter bi*ch bruh......whether you are or not I don't know......you keep speaking on being logical, logically what is the point you are trying to make? That people with good hands should not show their hands? Or that rappers have no right to exploit their bank accounts? I mean what exactly are you saying? You still have no conveyed that yet. Oprah and Bob Johnson are 2 seperate individual but if that's the case, Does Dre brag about his money? Russel Simmons? Dj Prince Paul? Master P? Jermain Dupri? Luke?......no they don't do they, you may hear mentions buts its nothing like these young artist today.......maturity comes with age dude......but even if they are 60 still talking about the same sh*t......what does it have to do with you? Your being one sided and only attacking one demographic which is pretty illogical to say the least

Last edited by Dos-effect; 05-29-2013 at 11:16 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #209
on_my_grind 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,185 | Props total: 2112 2112
Lets make the same between rappers and those reggaeton guys
 5 years ago '10        #210
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 1952 1952
I could've told you that
 5 years ago '05        #211
240sx 
space
space
$4,401 | Props total: 1446 1446
There are the puppets and there are puppet masters.
 5 years ago '07        #212
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,829 | Props total: 1997 1997
the richest man in the world is a mexican born from a lebanese immigrant who came to mexico with nothing take that for started from the bottom now we here
 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM         #213
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To be fair it's ALOT of paper money up on that list. What hard capital does Mark Z have? His entire networth is dependent upon the public liking a website, not in the past, not in the present, but in the future.
 5 years ago '04        #214
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 92 92
Mark Zuckerberg can wipe his a.ss with every rapper on this chart all together...
 5 years ago '08        #215
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
actually, the comparison is a lot worse than this graph shows. there graph doesnt start at zero, therefore the viewer isnt getting an accurate illustration of the true difference between the two categories. for instance, bill gates 73 billion doesnt look like its 125x the size of diddys 580 million. it only looks like its a little bit more than twice the size.
 05-29-2013, 12:23 PM         #216
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i would a.ssume it shows that they dont really stack up against the elite, like not at all. so they probably arent part of the illuminati like everyone has been talking about for years. idk why you guys are so mad.
 5 years ago '12        #217
sOurxd i e s e 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 5129 5129
 RJ96 said:
the richest man in the world is a mexican born from a lebanese immigrant who came to mexico with nothing take that for started from the bottom now we here
nah bruh bill gates re took that #1 spot
 5 years ago '04        #218
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,398 | Props total: 106 106
What rappers call money, Bill Gates pays more in taxes.

5 years ago '05        #219
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,917 | Props total: 6167 6167
 pa_general said:
I guess cuz all rappers do is brag all day about how much money they have
Naw fam they just got more money than you.
 5 years ago '06        #220
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Again WTF does it matter to you if they do? You sound like a broke bitter bi*ch bruh......whether you are or not I don't know......you keep speaking on being logical, logically what is the point you are trying to make? That people with good hands should not show their hands? Or that rappers have no right to exploit their bank accounts? I mean what exactly are you saying? You still have no conveyed that yet. Oprah and Bob Johnson are 2 seperate individual but if that's the case, Does Dre brag about his money? Russel Simmons? Dj Prince Paul? Master P? Jermain Dupri? Luke?......no they don't do they, you may hear mentions buts its nothing like these young artist today.......maturity comes with age dude......but even if they are 60 still talking about the same sh*t......what does it have to do with you? Your being one sided and only attacking one demographic which is pretty illogical to say the least
Once again bro you're missing my point...no need to respond at this point.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy