Revisited: Eminem Vs. The Source -- The Scenario & What Various Rappers Had To Say.

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-27-2013, 01:53 PM         #1
7623 pageviews
99 comments

Analytical One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Revisited: Eminem Vs. The Source -- The Scenario & What Various Rappers Had To Say.

By 2002 Eminem was considered a mega star in hip hop. Everything he said or done was controversal, His lyrics were at many times rebellious and he had found his way to use his skin color to sell millions of records off gate and even found himself taking a shot at Hollywood by starring in his biopic 8Mile.

Eminem was clearly at his peak as an artist as well as his status. The Eminem Show had just went triple platinum, 8 Mile theater sales and the soundtrack did monster numbers on the charts and to put the icing on the cake, He signed the hottest free agent in hip hop with 50 Cent thus making the Shady Records movement stronger than it ever was before.

Benzino fires the first shot:

But one day Eminem’s life as we know it would change. It was the day where Ray Benzino rapper/Owner of the respected hip hop magazine The Source would fire shots at Eminem in a freestyle on Kay Slay’s Drama Hour. A new civil war in Hip Hop was drawn.

Whenever it was for record sales, publicity, or to make a name for himself as artist. Zino’s intentions to attacking Eminem wasn’t personal, He claimed it was against the Interscope machine and felt Eminem was responsible for raping hip hop of its black culture. Benzino then recorded a bigger diss titled Die Another Day where he labeled Eminem as a culture stealer, Hitler and went as far as to diss Eminem’s daughter.

Eminem Responds:

Having enough of Zino’s disses. Eminem surprised many by actually responding to Benzino on two diss records titled Nail in the Coffin and The Sauce. The two tracks showcased Eminem at his most venomous and proving that he still could get down and drop heavy diss records when he can. It’s also surprising considering Eminem was for years picking on weak targets so to see him go at Benzino who was certified in the streets and a influential hip hop magazine proved to be sorta ballsy.

The feud between Eminem and the Source got nastier. Eminem by responding threw more gasoline in a pitching fire and it would end up hurting both parties. 50 Cent inherited Eminem’s beef with the Source and Eminem inherited 50′s beef with murder Inc. Emiinem along with G Unit dropped an onslaught of diss records on the Inc, Benzino and the Source, Royce da 59 and many others on the DJ Green Latern mixtape the Invasion. It remains as one of the most anticipated mixtape of all time.

Benzino used the mic to retaliate and The Source to a.ssassinate the character of those under the Interscope umbrella. Most of the issues from 2004-2005 were going at the Interscope machine. Basically exposing payola, mistreatment of black artists, how many blacks under Eminem were uncle toms, and going as far as to exposing Jimmy Iovine as a racist. Diss records were flown left and right with the war having no ending in sight.

While it seemed that 50 Cent was enjoying himself taking shots at murder Inc, The Source and basically making a mockery of his enemies, Eminem on the other hand was terrified of this new found situation. These issue was way different from the underground cyphers, different from Britney Spears, N-Sync, Limp Bizkit, or even ICP. These dudes that connected with murder Inc and Benzino were street dudes rooted with street ties which explains why Eminem never went at murder inc as a crew aside from Ja and Irv. Eminem never experienced this before and relied on 50 and G Unit’s street muscle to give him a comfort to sound off when everybody know he usually wouldn't.

The Racist Tapes

The toll of the war itself would take its toll on Eminem as well. His drug problem was getting much worse, His music was suffering(Encore) and it seemed that it would get much worse as Benzino dropped a bombshell. Benzino claimed to have tapes of Eminem on tape disrespecting blacks on one song and on another freestyle disrespecting black women. Many believed that if it was true that it would be the end of Eminem’s career.

Speculations of this surfaced for weeks, Many of Eminem’s diehard fans didn’t want to believe it and his stans vowed to the death that Eminem wasn’t a racist and loved black people. But once tapes of the freestyles surfaced, Eminem surprisingly admitted that it was him and many were left stunned.

What was also interesting was many artists reaction to the tapes:

MACK 10: “White dudes can’t say [n*gga], especially if they’re saying it in a negative way. If he’s saying, ‘That’s my n*gga,’ that’s different. But if you’re saying it in a negative way, I’ma think that sh-t is racist. Then rap and everything go out the window.”

CROOKED I: “I think the dude is an incredible lyricist, but if you’re a racist, you get no support. If we support a racist, we cutting our own throat. If he’s racist like that, he gotta fall to the side. I want to see him on TV publicly apologize to Black women.”

SKILLZ: “If you say the word ******’ out of anger and frustration and call a girl a Black bi-ch, I’m pretty sure you’ll say it again. I don’t think it’s not a word he hasn’t used since then. Bottom line is I don’t appreciate Eminem using the word ******. As soon as I read his statement, I knew something was fishy. He said he was dating a girl who was ‘African-American’! I’ve never heard him use the term ‘African American’ in his whole life, which made the whole statement look suspect to me. It’s the classic example of someone getting caught and being outta character when they try to explain themselves. It all sounds the same. Sorta like his beats”

JOE BUDDEN: “I don’t know what the fu-kk is wrong with him. I love Black women. You almost really do want to believe him, but that type of attitude really can’t be excused, I don’t care how old you were. I don’t really know if it will affect his career, but I think he should apologize. I just hope he doesn’t have those same views today.”

FREDDIE FOXXX: “The bottom line is this: The fact that Eminem is White doesn’t have any reflection on him being a dope MC. But he’s definitely equivalent to Elvis Presley in a sense that Elvis only thought that Black people were good enough to either be his servant, or anything in a type of servitude for him. His goal is to do better than the people he stole from. At the end of the day, what else do you expect from a White man? I’m sure he used the N-word a whole lot of times outside of this.

STYLES P: “His fu-king teeth should have been knocked out—that’s my reaction. But all the Black people who are sucking his c*ck should be ashamed of themselves. If it was a Black *****, they would have k!lled his a.ss. I can’t say something too wrong ’cause he on my label. If he apologizes, it’ll be aiight. If not, that’s fu-ked up.”

PAUL WALL : “If he made it as a racist song, then hell yeah he’s wrong for it. That’s very stereotypical for him to say that all Black girls want your money. That’s like saying all gay people got AIDS. If he don’t want to date Black girls, that’s cool with me. That’s just more for me. He wrong for it, but he wrong for most of the sh-t he do.”

BUN B (UGK): “When did he realize he was wrong for saying that? When he got caught? It’s no way that song should have been still out there like that. Nobody should have gotten a copy of that. If he didn’t want nobody to hear it, he should have never put it on record, he had 10 years to find that tape.”

KILLER MIKE : “This is a Black and Latino culture and art form. If you’re not sensitive to that, then your card is gonna be pulled. I haven’t heard the song, but I’m not in favor of White men bashing Black women. I don’t think people are gonna tolerate that.”

PETEY PABLO: “It’s a shocking situation ’cause he’s always been a great MC to me and for this to be the case, he’s like Elvis. I don’t think you can really apologize for that because if you call me a ******, then to me, that’s always on your mind and that’s what you think about us and that’s the way you look at me.”

Dr. Michael Eric Dyson (university of Pennsylvania): “Eminem certainly needs to apologize—not just offer the excuse of his youth to deny the racist beliefs that abound. Even if he was just ‘blowing off steam’ as an angry kid, why resort to racist lyrics to denigrate his former girlfriend? His explanation fails to acknowledge the hurtful beliefs that have prevailed for centuries, beliefs that he appropriated and circulated through his lyrics. Further, he has refused to admit that such poisonous beliefs are a threat to the very music he loves, and also to the people who have been responsible for creating the culture he has benefited from, making him wealthy by his own admission.”

MALIK SHABAZZ (NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY): “There’s clearly two standards for Black and White celebrity figures when it comes to acts they have done or allegedly committed. … You have Michael Jackson allegedly molesting children and he’s being attacked with the full force of every media in the country. … You have Kobe Bryant in the same situation, but with Eminem—who is on tape making racist comments that reveal what he feels about Black people—everything is being suppressed…. He can’t be allowed to get away with a mere retraction when the evidence on him is already in.… His Black fans should remember this and it should reflect in his future record sales.”

IRV GOTTI: “I’m a person who loves Black women. I been around Black women all my life, so I’m a defender of them. What bothers me more than the actual tape is his comment that he was dating an African American woman at the time. His words are far worse than the tape. If he would have said, ‘I was freestyling, I needed something to rhyme with lack itch, I didn’t know what I was doing,’ that’s still not an excuse, but that would have been better. Knowing this is what you think of Black women—that they *****es,s.luts, hos—I ain’t never gonna ride with that.”

ESHAM: “8 Mile was full of so much garbage that it was crazy. … He’s just a racist and the whole movie has racist overtones. It was fictitious and, once again, he was just using the culture and twisting it up in his own little sick way for the masses.”

LAZY LAZE (M.O.P): “White America has that same programmed disdain and lack of respect for Black people, and like a battered wife, we are just supposed to excuse it. We have to stand up for ourselves and hold people accountable for their actions, whether it’s Eminem, Bush or the Boston Red Sox—they wouldn’t sign a Black free agent till 1992!”

CRAZY LEGS (ROCK STEADY CREW): “I feel there is a huge double standard when it come to mainstream media holding people not of color accountable for their actions. If this had been someone of color, careers would have been lost by now. What Eminem has done is something that has to be taken seriously. At the same time, I feel that as a person of color, I would like to see our own people stop treating things like what he said as something that only we can do and not check each other when we do it.”

NIKKI GIOVANNI: “I’m not a fan of Eminem and it was a profound disappointment. He had to know that this was not acceptable and what he didn’t expect is that somebody would say something to him. Eminem and the White boys who want to do rap have to grow up. You are just not allowed to be a bigot. … It’s like [Eminem] floated a balloon politically, and he wanted to see who’s gonna shoot it down. Now they’re putting a spin on it like, ‘I’m sorry.’ Somehow, young, White people seem to think they can do anything and then say ‘I’m sorry.’ But that doesn’t get it. It just doesn’t get it.”

JIMMY HENCHMAN: “It would be a travesty if Eminem did not apologize to our community [of women]. As Americans, we’re entitled to The Source.… As Americans, we’re entitled to free speech by the first amendment.”

SUGE KNIGHT (CEO, death ROW RECORDS) “First off, I am definitely supporting The Source on this, because they have been representing for Hip-Hop since day one. I not only fault Eminem but the people around him, who knew about this all along—including Dr. Dre. I don’t support anyone who [says they are] down with Hip-Hop and is trying to defend this racist muthafu**a. I’ve watched beefs go on in Hip-Hop where guys are ready to go to war with each other and hold grudges for years, but this is way worse and some people are ready to dismiss it. My mother is Black, my sister and my two daughters, so when he talks about Black women, there is no forgiving him.”

Put under the pressure to respond, Eminem acknowledged that it was he recorded the song at the age of 16 out of anger of a black girlfriend doing him wrong. Whats fishy about the story is that not only has this black girl never came full surface but also the fact that Eminem’s label Interscope wanted to sue the Source and take the legal action made it look more suspicious. Even though Eminem “apologized” for his comments, Theres still some unanswered questions about this.

This clearly got under Eminem’s skin and its evident on Encore where he sounded so unfocused and seemed to be obviously drained from the beef going on. Em would go on to release mediocre diss records such as Bully before going into exile following the death of his best friend Proof. He would release songs here and there but they all lacked focus and seemingly very uninspired considering what was going on with Em’s life.

The Aftermath:

Eminem would eventually reclaim his spot among his peers in 2009-2010 by kicking his drug habit and dropping 2 number one selling albums with Relapse and Recovery

Benzino on the other hand would be fired from The Source magazine as well as no longer not putting out as much music. He did so happen to use his connects to restart a new magazine titled the Hip Hop Weekly which is like the Urban Gossip magazine and its performing very strongly in the magazine market.

99 comments for "Revisited: Eminem Vs. The Source -- The Scenario & What Various Rappers Had To Say."

5 years ago '13        #2
Impeccable 207 heat pts207
space
space
$14,775 | Props total: 776 776
He apologized for what he said

/Discussion

How many times do other people use the term "cracker"? Ice Cube says it COUNTLESS times and no1 cared.

It doesn't do us blacks any good with us saying the word anyways
 05-27-2013, 02:02 PM         #3
Analytical One  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Impeccable said:
He apologized for what he said

/Discussion

How many times do other people use the term "cracker"? Ice Cube says it COUNTLESS times and no1 cared.

It doesn't do us blacks any good with us saying the word anyways
You are not a black man.

He didn't apologize for what he stated, he just blamed the recordings on X-Clan's debut on the song "Yellow Brick Road".

And Ice Cube has received various threats from the authority as a result of his offensive lyrics, so stop lying.
 5 years ago '04        #4
kontrast 
space
space
space
$1,948 | Props total: 155 155
Black rappers are more racist every day than Em was on that one song when he was 16. Love the double standard here
 5 years ago '04        #5
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
been off eminem since then
 5 years ago '13        #6
space
space
 Analytical One said:
You are not a black man.

He didn't apologize for what he stated, he just blamed the recordings on X-Clan's debut on the song "Yellow Brick Road".

And Ice Cube has received various threats from the authority as a result of his offensive lyrics, so stop lying.
I'm not black? Why? Because I'm not some hypocritical ****?

He didn't apologize? n*gga have u heard the song?

But I've heard people say they heard the tape and it ain't that bad
But it was I singled out a whole race and for that apologize
I was wrong cause no matter what color a girl is, she's still a ho

How am I lying about Ice Cube? When did the rap community comment on his racism? Show me proof? When did that Georgetown professor say he needed to apologize? Dyson never did this.

n*gga learn your facts before you speak.

I love how Eminem has NEVER been seen being racist besides this moment but when Ice Cube did it constantly he NEVER got more criticism.

Our society is so hung on racism towards blacks, they neglect the fact that others can be racist to.
 05-27-2013, 02:22 PM         #7
Analytical One  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
been off eminem since then
Same.

What sickens me about the vitriol comments he had to say about black women, is the fact that he was given shelter and housed by Proof's mother--a black women.

The devil also tried to have these tapes supressed from the public by suing The Source in court.
 5 years ago '09        #8
The Bully 350 heat pts350
space
space
$48,349 | Props total: 34781 34781
SUGE KNIGHT (CEO, death ROW RECORDS) “First off, I am definitely supporting The Source on this, because they have been representing for Hip-Hop since day one. I not only fault Eminem but the people around him, who knew about this all along—including Dr. Dre. I don’t support anyone who [says they are] down with Hip-Hop and is trying to defend this racist muthafu**a. I’ve watched beefs go on in Hip-Hop where guys are ready to go to war with each other and hold grudges for years, but this is way worse and some people are ready to dismiss it. My mother is Black, my sister and my two daughters, so when he talks about Black women, there is no forgiving him.”
suge just couldn't resist
 05-27-2013, 02:36 PM         #9
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CROOKED I: “I think the dude is an incredible lyricist, but if you’re a racist, you get no support. If we support a racist, we cutting our own throat. If he’s racist like that, he gotta fall to the side. I want to see him on TV publicly apologize to Black women.”

JOE BUDDEN: “I don’t know what the fu-kk is wrong with him. I love Black women. You almost really do want to believe him, but that type of attitude really can’t be excused, I don’t care how old you were. I don’t really know if it will affect his career, but I think he should apologize. I just hope he doesn’t have those same views today.”

I guess your dignity and views and worth sh*t though considering where you are huh bums
 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM         #10
Rihanna  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem makes garbage music anyways. His wife left him and he sits in his mansion alone by himself according to Skylar Grey. I'm satisfied with the outcome
 5 years ago '12        #11
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23
space
space
$8,088 | Props total: 4761 4761
that styles P part . he wound up making a song with him later on too
 5 years ago '13        #12
space
space
 Rihanna said:
Eminem makes garbage music anyways. His wife left him and he sits in his mansion alone by himself according to Skylar Grey. I'm satisfied with the outcome
U still mad bout Renegade?
 5 years ago '12        #13
noverum 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 1654 1654
What's interesting is how Nas - a respectable authority on Hip Hop culture - never turned on Eminem, despite the tape; and in fact, he sided with Eminem throughout his confrontation with Benzino / The Source.

Nas was also quick to defend Eminem, Its [the Source vendetta] really stupid. Hes a great artist. Hes educating us, telling us we have to communicate with each other. And we are learning about his life through his rhymes. Its a shame. But Ive been through a lot of bullsh*t, and Eminem will have to go through it too.
The Sauce :

Edit : By the way, this article is the biggest load of biased bullsh*t I've read in quite some time. Eminem was terrified of Benzino and his street ties? ORLY? What's your source for that?

Last edited by noverum; 05-27-2013 at 03:07 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #14
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
not this racist sh*t again
 05-27-2013, 03:06 PM         #15
Analytical One  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Impeccable said:
U still mad bout Renegade?
It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand.

In our culture, we regard the black women as the most important individual, so hearing Eminem speak in utter disrespect of our women evoked emotional responses in many of us brothers.

And answer me this peckawood:
Isn't it odd that despite the claims made by Emimem, this so-called "black girlfriend" he had has not revealed her identity, despite how beneficial it'd be for her economically?

Does this black girl even exist? Or were these tapes made by Eminem because he was angered by the turn in black consciousness hip-hop was headed in around the time the tapes were recorded, which was the late 80s were Public Enemy, Brand Nubian, Ice Cube and X-Clan reigned supreme?
 5 years ago '05        #16
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
 Analytical One said:

In our culture, we regard the black women as the most important individual, so hearing Eminem speak in utter disrespect of our women evoked emotional responses in many of us brothers.

Isn't it odd that despite the claims made by Emimem, this so-called "black girlfriend" he had has not revealed her identity, despite how beneficial it'd be for her economically?

Does this black girl even exist? Or were these tapes made by Eminem because he was angered by the turn in black consciousness hip-hop was headed in around the time the tapes were recorded, which was the late 80s were Public Enemy, Brand Nubian, Ice Cube and X-Clan reigned supreme?
how about if you want people to not say ****** you dont say it yourself?
 5 years ago '04        #17
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,096 | Props total: 4106 4106
 Analytical One said:

I'm not black or white but your and many other arguments are flawed around here. First, let's start with Budden and Crooked calling him out and then signing with him. They both said they wanted him to apologize and Budden said he hopes he doesn't share that same opinion these days. Em apologized for the sh*t. They checked his demeanor and saw he has black people around him who respect him and don't believe he's at all racist including Royce who was in a heated battle with him at one point.

You wanted Em to reveal the identity of this black girl? Why? So she can go through a bunch of sh*t? That doesn't make sense. People would be trying to track her a.ss down. And for what? How would she even gain anything financially? If the broad was ugly or had nothing to offer other than "yeah, we had problems, we broke up" how would she gain?

And Cube saying cracker all the time as well as other black rappers saying racist or stereotypical sh*t gets a pass? Did we forget on "Until The End of Time", Pac rapping, "It's okay, I ain't sweatin him, made his wife mumble like a Mexican"? Ain't no one bring that sh*t up.

Last, but not least, black women are the most important in the black community? Then why do many black men always talk sh*t about how black women are loud and demanding? How many black people on this website laugh about the Lil Reese 300hunna hit combo gif? How many black people prefer "snowbunnies" or latinas over their own race?

The arguments against Em seem shallow to me.
 5 years ago '13        #18
space
space
 Analytical One said:

n*gga shut up.
I AM BLACK.

with black women as most important individual sh*t. But yet on songs, we talk about bi*ches and hoes and yet every female is usually black. Stop it.

And this **** brings in a conspiracy This n*gga really thinks Eminem was mad about black consciousness?

Then why was he influenced by Ice Cube? A rapper that constantly called whites crackers.
Why was he always surrounded by blacks? If he really was angry, why not diss the EXACT problem.

This amount of coonery is unhealthy

And till this very day, why are BLACK rappers still supporting Eminem?
 05-27-2013, 03:23 PM         #19
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitetrain8601 said:
And Cube saying cracker all the time as well as other black rappers saying racist or stereotypical sh*t gets a pass? Did we forget on "Until The End of Time", Pac rapping, "It's okay, I ain't sweatin him, made his wife mumble like a Mexican"? Ain't no one bring that sh*t up.
leave it to white people to compare cracker to ******

and there's a pretty big difference between being "racist" to racists, and just being a fu*kin racist

white people think just because they take the clothes, speech, slang, music, culture, that they can say it now too
 05-27-2013, 03:25 PM         #20
Leezee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Analytical One said:

But all my black friends openly love snowflakes

Love or hate Em, hes rich ×10 so he won,
But what k!lled me is all these dead hanged black people in Benzino's video and how he always came at him for being white,, when... wait for it.... wait for it... HEs HALF WHITE AS WELL!!!! I dont believe that one drop of ink BS, if your half white then your half white... what disrespect towards 50% of his own family
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
43 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy