Kendrick Lamar "rappers need to stop talkin bout mollies"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #161
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,286 | Props total: 1085 1085
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Im talkin bout the direction music was goin! 2006 was a time of NO flops and when music for my age group, im 26, was supported more. U must be a hiphop head who think a talib or krs can last in music today. And im talkin mainstream songs, not super lyrical sh*t. n*ggas played the radio more, watched 106 and park etc. Songs like shoulder lean, what u kno about dat, its goin down, hustlin, ridin dirty, body rock, zoom, gittin some, shawty, fireman, run it, gimme dat, gold digger, buy u a drank, even that snap sh*t. And of course albums sold more back then.... Internet downloading is in effect now. Songs like that made the radio better. No one was copyin no one. All the beats were differently produced. There were anthems. And n*ggas was making good SONGS, HITS. fu*k the lyrics. Show a kid a music vid from 1992, then show them one from 2006 and see what lifestyle they would rather live. Yea dmx sold 5 mill n 2000-- but 50 sold 11 in 2003--. 2006 started that theme of MAKE HITS HITS HITS. Mos def would implode if he had to face the 12 year old critics today. He wouldnt last. Only full rappers makin money from 92- 2002 is eminem, wayne, and jay. 3 mothafu*kin artist. peace. Im done with this thread. Im not commenting again. Peace.
in 06 I had just about enough of hiphop
 05-28-2013, 07:52 AM         #162
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of what rapper's say is bullsh*t now, I've heard it all before. Theres nothing these rapper's can say that can shock me. A rapper's best bet is to have a good flow and that's it.
 05-28-2013, 08:14 AM         #163
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drugs are for suckas.
 5 years ago '12        #164
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
rappers gon talk about whatever keeps them popular and makes them money.

stop worrying about what the next man is doing and focus on your own craft.
 5 years ago '13        #165
JBStarLife 12 heat pts12
space
space
$722 | Props total: 0 0
 Jacc Blacc said:
let me get this right

rappers talking bout "bang bang" and k!lling each other = cool

rappers talking bout selling boatloads of cocaine and hustling = cool

a rapper talks about taking a molly while partying = this is an injustice and whats wrong with rap
This. But Kendrick doesnt rap about any of that stuff though
 5 years ago '06        #166
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,504 | Props total: 17937 17937
drug-free is the way to be
 5 years ago '05        #167
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,288 | Props total: 6392 6392
 Jacc Blacc said:
couldnt you say the same thing about weed???? for a short period after wiz khalifa rise every fukking rapper because a weed rapper, then again after jay-z rise every rapper started to drop cocaine raps, and we know snoop and dre had everyone talking about weed, so isnt this just the trend in rap

no different then how all the rappers became "sneaker heads" over night and started posting on instagram around the same time foams got reintroduced, rap is a very monkey see monkey do culture

kendrick has a voice that imo can make people take notice he should IMO focus on real sh-t like those schools being shutdown in chicago, most people dont even know about sh*t like that which is truly sad
Whats going on in Chicago?
 5 years ago '07        #168
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16136 16136
 Jacc Blacc said:
couldnt you say the same thing about weed???? for a short period after wiz khalifa rise every fukking rapper because a weed rapper, then again after jay-z rise every rapper started to drop cocaine raps, and we know snoop and dre had everyone talking about weed, so isnt this just the trend in rap

no different then how all the rappers became "sneaker heads" over night and started posting on instagram around the same time foams got reintroduced, rap is a very monkey see monkey do culture

kendrick has a voice that imo can make people take notice he should IMO focus on real sh-t like those schools being shutdown in chicago, most people dont even know about sh*t like that which is truly sad
weed tho?? its pretty much legal in CO...so I dunno about all that..I think that would be equal to anyone talking about alcohol. Being a sneaker head isnt as detremental as a molly head...but i feel what you sayin...
 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM         #169
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just looking at some of these comments....You really can not underestimate the limits of human stupidity.
 05-28-2013, 10:08 AM         #170
InnanetGsRunSht 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So if I'm a rapper, and I enjoy capsules of MDMA, I shouldn't talk about it because its "corny". I can't wrap my head around that.
 5 years ago '10        #171
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
bunch of sheep.....was just telling my girl last night how Im tired of these n*ggaz talking about "my brand".....n*gga you are not Walmart.
 05-28-2013, 10:20 AM         #172
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
In the early 80's before crack hit....coke was the sh*t.....Melly Mel's white lines was the coke head anthem....and everybody was doing coke.....that until crack hit, and the focal became selling the dope as opposed to doing it......and then weed moved up and became the drug of choice in hip hop....thanks to the highly commercialized success of Dr. Dre"s.. The Chronic album.....now EVERYNODY smokes weed....and being a weed head is no longer s3xy in hiphop........at least not like it was in the 90's when regular was okay to smoke....before these dignified a.ss n*ggas started talking about all they smoke is loud and all tha ya us......I'm the 2000"s X replaced weed......and MDMA replaced X.....it's just the sign of the times........
interesting and sounds good but wrong....WEED HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND as a recreational drug since the 60 and 70's in the vietnam/ hippie era...so was coke, but not many black ppl used it because it was cost too much for the average black person.

back then we had a lot of unity in the black community, enough to scare authorities on a state and national. crack hit in the 80's and was a cheap alternative to cocaine, the money that crack could bring anyone willing to sell it destroyed black communities....

now all these 80s and 90's kids including myself were cut off from our history and roots, we were really raised by the streets because crack was the only god on the ghetto...FACT
 05-28-2013, 10:25 AM         #173
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollatchadude said:
interesting and sounds good but wrong....WEED HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND as a recreational drug since the 60 and 70's in the vietnam/ hippie era...so was coke, but not many black ppl used it because it was cost too much for the average black person.

back then we had a lot of unity in the black community, enough to scare authorities on a state and national. crack hit in the 80's and was a cheap alternative to cocaine, the money that crack could bring anyone willing to sell it destroyed black communities....

now all these 80s and 90's kids including myself were cut off from our history and roots, we were really raised by the streets because crack was the only god on the ghetto...FACT
HIPHOP, my n*gga......hiphop.....this not a research paper on drugs, its in regards to the drug culture of hiphop........now was hiphop around in the 60's or 70's.............comprehension skills go along way my dude, but respect on the view point........
 05-28-2013, 10:50 AM         #174
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
HIPHOP, my n*gga......hiphop.....this not a research paper on drugs, its in regards to the drug culture of hiphop........now was hiphop around in the 60's or 70's.............comprehension skills go along way my dude, but respect on the view point........
again, the drugs were always there, the difference is that early hip hop was a news paper an ear to the streets. when you go back as far as early too short, rakim, nwa, public enemy, even fresh prince and beastie boys....hip hop talked about what was going on in the everyday lives of everyday ppl...back then hip hop reflected what was really going on in the artist eyes.

hip hop was artist driven then, corporations were still figuring out how to make money from it.
now hip hop is ran by corporations who tell these artist whats is acceptable to rap about. most of these multi millionaire rappers that you look up to are just highly paid employees following command just like you do at your job.

its advertising, its commercials, pay a rapper to say ciroc in his verse ciroc sales go up, hottest rapper on the planet is a blood, so are all of his "true" fans now....

these rappers are nuthin but highly paid uncle toms who will do anything for money! this includes being the pied piper of the black race
 5 years ago '05        #175
Super-C 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,437 | Props total: 1 1

[video - click to view]

i miss HIP HOP
 5 years ago '09        #176
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
who cares opinions this is his hate it or love it if you hate it move along or bi*ch about your life lol
 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM         #177
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
fu*k it, if you want to do drugs do drugs. if you want to talk about it then talk about it................

weed, opiates and benzos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
...................... pretty much

I don't agree or disagree with Kendrick. But it ain't like the Molly sh*t is getting as excessive as n*ggaz rapping about crack, coke & birds. Too many no name n*ggaz even vets jumping on referencing it to stay hip becase they're afraid to be labeled as "outdated"

But fu*k it, I'm already off this bowl
 5 years ago '05        #178
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
 1LynguisticMind said:
thought it was white the folks always being late, catching on black people trends

Can't be serious
 5 years ago '07        #179
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
out of all the trends rappers rap about, mollies is the one that you find corny?
 5 years ago '08        #180
MADIA 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
 Jacc Blacc said:
Weed isn't k!lling kids out here. There's your difference. People don't know what that sh*t does to your brain long term. I speak from experience. Its not cool. But neither is murder or drug dealing but that's a constant theme in hip hop too. Whatever, it is what it is.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy